Need formula to check data in 2 columns to sum 3rd column

Need a formula to enter on Report Sheet under Month as indicated from tables below. The data base worksheet has info inserted daily and the report will be on another worksheet to calculate as data is updated. Any ideas??
(Need total paid for all rows paid to Name 1 with dates in month of Jan)
Data Base Worksheet			Report Sheet
NAME	DATE	PAID		NAME	JAN	FEB
Name 1	01/01/04	$200.00		Name 1	??Paid	??Paid
Name 1	01/22/04	$200.00		Name 2	??Paid	??Paid
Name 2	01/15/04	$200.00
Name 1	02/04/04	$200.00

0
anonymous (74722)

Hi
try the following
=SUMPRODUCT(--(A1:A100="Name
1"),--(YEAR(B1:B100)=2004),--(MONTH(B1:B100)=1),--(B1:B100<>""),C1:C100
)

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

Melody wrote:
> Need a formula to enter on Report Sheet under Month as indicated from
> tables below. The data base worksheet has info inserted daily and the
> report will be on another worksheet to calculate as data is updated.
> Any ideas?? (Need total paid for all rows paid to Name 1 with dates
> in month of Jan)
> Data Base Worksheet Report Sheet
> NAME DATE PAID NAME JAN FEB
> Name 1 01/01/04 $200.00 Name 1 ??Paid ??Paid
> Name 1 01/22/04 $200.00 Name 2 ??Paid ??Paid
> Name 2 01/15/04 $200.00
> Name 1 02/04/04 $200.00

0
frank.kabel (11126)

MS Money 95 data files

Counting number of X's in a column

function to check for entry
I'll try and make this as clear as I can... I am looking for a function that will check column b,c,d,e for an entr if there is an entry then check row n in the same row for it's value. that's the first bit, then I need to be able to check the date valu (month) in column a and total it for the month. perhaps I could run the first function only looking for month=1 o something and just run it 12 times? not sure how to go about this -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com well I've got this far but it still doesn't work and gives an error: =IF(MONTH(A3:A167)=4,...

Lookup based on criteria in 2 columns

Outlook 2003 keeps crashing #2

Microsoft POS #2

Rollup 2 and Office 2007

if cell starts with characters formula
Hi I need to count cells in a column starting with certain characters. each cell's data varies in length. I have tried with @countif( but does not work if the cell contains other characters after the "prefix". eg. row 20 cell 5 apples row 21 cell 5 apples red row 22 cell 5 apples green row 23 cell 5 plums green row 23 cell 5 plums purple totals required for apples = 3 (regardless of colour) total required for plums = 2 (regardless of colour) @countif(C20:c30,"plums") gives answer of 1 require answer of 2 @countif(C20:c30,&quo...

If-formula in series-range of chart-datasource
Hello there, depending on the "True" or "False"-value of a checkbox in a worksheet, I need to show one or the other dataseries for the X-axis in an XL-chart. However, when I try to integrate an If-formula into the series-definition in the datasource-dialogbox, Excel doesn't accept that. Is there a way to make a dataseries shown dependent on a condition ? Thank you in advance, Kind regards, H.G. Lamy Hi look at the following examples http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ChartByControl.html http://www.tushar-mehta.com/excel/newsgroups/dynamic_charts/index.html ...

Outlook 2003 and "Check Names"

Outlook needs Outlook Express to work

data input in text box

Grammar check not working

Need help with Auto Filter

Sorting Data #5

formula based on format

Please ignore #2

outputting values to a range from one formula
I wish to generate a table automatically by means of a single formula that applies an iteration on a starting given value with a given step, and the computed values are posted/entered automtically into cells from a given cell onwards, say below it, until the computed value reaches a certain given limt. This is somehow the inverse of INDIRECT or of OFFSET. These can pull values from a variable addresses of cells. What I need is to push values into a variable addresses of cells. Can anyone help me on that?? Thanks. :confused -- Shafe ---------------------------------------------------------...