need basic help setting up a graph

Hello,

I am trying to set up a chart of days and times.  The X- axis shoul
have the days of the week (mon, tues, etc) and the Y - axis should hav
various times of the day.  I would like to have a line from on
specific time on one day to another specific time on the next.  So,
point would be monday at 10:00 and the next would be tuesday at 1:00
followed by wednesday at 12:00, etc.  Any suggestions??  Thanks fo
your help

Davi

Hi David,

See my attachment. Is that the situation you explained?

I use formula

=IF(B2<0.5,B2+1,B2)

in column C to wrap the day to night.

- Asse

             Attachment filename: daytimechart.xls
Download attachment: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=44884

Thanks Jazzer,

How does the code work?  I can plug it in so that my graph works,
but I don't understand how it is modifing the numbers.  Thanks again!

David

---

Need to populate data from different sheet.
I have a drop down list of branch names in one sheet. The source sheet (separate one) contains the values of this list and addresses and contact information, as well. I need to populate adjacent cells in the one sheet with the respective addresses and contact information, matching the selected branch name. EXCEL 2007 Please check out:- http://www.pierrefondes.com/ Item number 57. If you enter numbers (1 to 9 in any order) into worksheet_1 cells A2 to A10 it will pull back the corresponding values into worksheet_1 cells B2 to B10. The, "translation table" ...

need to access outlook
i cant get in to my account when i open my outlook. Hi Steve, please tell us more about that error. Have you installed anything? Have you changed anything? -- Ich habe nichts gemacht, gestern gings noch! Bitte in den Newsgroup antworten damit jeder etwas davon hat. Bravestar@Datenschutzministerium.de "Steve Bersch" <sjjcb@pacbell.net> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:3b5a01c4727c$fdeceb10$a301280a@phx.gbl... > i cant get in to my account when i open my outlook. ...

Need to solve problem w/ RSS feeds
Hi -- I have a Windows XP computer running Outlook 2003 with an Exchange 2003 server in the background. Outlook is running RSS Popper to retrieve 15 RSS feeds, each of which is saved in a separate folder in the user's Exchange mail store. Now I have a Windows Vista laptop running Outlook 2007 with that same Exchange 2003 server in the background. Outlook here also (natively) retrieves these 15 RSS feeds and saves them into the same folders in the user's Exchange mailbox. The problem I'm having is that neither RSS aggregator knows what the other is doing. I wind up with to...

Logarithmic graphs in Excel
Hello! I have some Excel data that lists the United States' Gross Domestic Product for each year from 1890 to 2000. The data looks like this: 1890 260.42 1891 271.87 1892 298.51 .... 1998 8495.65 1999 8848.225 2000 9156.6 I wanted to turn this data into a groovy looking line graph, so I tried using Excel's built-in Chart Wizard, but the resulting graph looks WAY too much like an exponential curve (not to mention the fact that it really doesn't all that good), so I want to turn it into a logarithmic graph. How can I accomplish this? Double click the Y axis, and on the Sca...

I can't format 01/19/2004 to read January 19, 2004, please help!!
Dragged and dropped a series of dates and now I can't convert them to sort them properly. What to do?? Hi Paul, "paulonline66" <paulonline66@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3BB832DA-34AE-44B4-9D73-6F178E9AEBF0@microsoft.com... > I can't format 01/19/2004 to read January 19, 2004, please help!! > Dragged and dropped a series of dates and now I can't convert them to sort > them properly. What to do?? With the date cells selected: Data | Text to Columns | Next | Next | Select the Date option and Select the DMY option in the dropdown...

Help about plugin programming
Hi all, I am given a task to display an image of our own format in adobe acrobat reader, by adding a plug-in for the acrobat reader. I had never done such plug-in programing project, so could anyone give me some idea of how to do this task? Any SDK or sample codes that I can refer? I checked adobe website, and their adobe SDK is not free... By the way, any expert have done similar plug-ins? a plug-in that can display content of customized format files in adobe reader, or just any other adober reader plug-ins? If so, could you please send me a copy of the source program to my email chen...

Help for Excel Chart problem
Hi I have a little problem. I have to prepare audience profile for some TV Channels using dimensions age, sex, monthly income and education. I want to combine metric - age and income in one chart and non metric - sex and education in other. So I dont know which chart to use. I think the most appropriate is the bubble chart (more I have the penetration as a bubble size). But I cannot think how to dispose the dimensions and data. Example: Channel 1 Age 12-18 30 % 19-34 20% 35-64 35% 64+ 15% Sex Male - 48% Female - 52% So I need to positioning this channel and compare with ot...

Change Needed
I have a neat VB code that I use in Excel. This code imports data from a text file into columns in an excel spreadsheet. The excel file has two worksheets, one is to input the .txt filename with a button for the VB code to do it's magic and convert everything I have in the text file, which usually has the same layout (in each txt file) in terms of what data I want columnized in excel. The code goes as follows.... Sub ConvertFile() Dim LCStart As Long Dim IQStart As Long Dim Lat1Start As Long Dim Lon1Start As Long Dim Lat2Start As Long Dim Lon2Start As Long Dim NbmesStart As Long Dim...

set default to busy for all day events
When I am scheduling an event in my outlook 2002 calendar and check all day I also have to change "Show time as" to busy. Is there any way to set the default to busy? Thanks Will No. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:%23gUuNkaxDHA.2308@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl, Will Fleenor wrote: > When I am scheduling an event in my outlook 2002 calendar and check > all day I also have to change "Show time as" to busy. Is there any >...

Using Outlook 2000...need help moving mail
We have a Micosoft Mail postoffice that we use to handle internal mail. Now we have someone at the company who has a Palm Treo 700w smartphone. He needs to get his internal and external mail. Our external mail is a POP3 server, hosted by someone else, and this person can get email sent to his internet email address. We need a way to automatically forward the mail from the MsMail postoffice to the internet email address so we don't have to have everyone at the company forced to use his external address manually. ...

I need a realistic view of expenses or I'm Qbooks bound....
Hello. I'd really value some help: I use Quickbooks for my business and am used to getting a bill, posting it on an accrual basis, and then paying it. This gives me a true understanding of my budgets. Although Money (and Quicken)has a fantastic interface, that enables me to download xactions directly from my accounts, it doesn't give me a true picture of my expenses, so as a budgeting tool -- unless I'm wrong -- it's worthless. Example: My daughter goes to daycare. I have to pay $3,000 for five months at the beginning of the year -- September. Because Money only shows ...

Set form dirty through unbound control
Dear all, I have an unbound listbox (multiselect) on a bound form. The listbox and its selection are populated via vba from a table. I have an invisible helper txt field which is bound to a table. The helper txt receives whatever is selected in the listbox by setting its value property to the list box elements. Unfortunately this does not make the form dirty. Apparently changing the value property of a txt field does not trigger the dirty event but only changing the text property of a text field does. I can not set the text value of my little helper txt field because it has to have focus ...

Excel help #3
Hi, Two questions. First is, when performing a Pivot Table, is there a way of changing the source so that when you produce a pivot table, the months are in order. And, when you concatenate and join a surname and first name together, how do you then separate them ? Thanks "Gary Newman" <gary.newman@adecco.co.uk> wrote in message news:09f501c39882$44084930$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Hi, > > Two questions. > First is, when performing a Pivot Table, is there a way of > changing the source so that when you produce a pivot > table, the months are in order. > &g...

Please,I need help ASAP
I created a Named Range containing a series of product code descriptions, which I need to use for validating data entry on another column, on the same worksheet. The worksheet view is "Page Break Preview" with a custom zoom factor of 60%. Everything on the worksheet if clearly visible, the font heigh is 14 on the entire sheet, however the dropbox shown when a cell on the validated column is selected is at a much smaller zoom factor, it still has more space to disply the lines. It can't be read, as if the font heigh were set to 8 or something. I have tried everything...

VBA: Can't set ChartTitle.Text??
My macro tells me it can't set the ChartTitle. "Unable to set the Text property of the ChartTitle class". Any help. please? Ed Sub MakeNewScatterChart() Dim wkb As Workbook Dim wks As Worksheet Dim LastRow As Long Dim LastCol As Long Dim colData As Long Dim cht As Chart Dim chtObj As ChartObject Dim rngData As Range Dim rngXval As Range Dim rngSer As Range Dim strTitle As String ' Get limits of data Set wkb = ActiveWorkbook Set wks = wkb.Sheets(1) LastRow = wks.Range("A65536").End(xlUp).Row LastCol = wks.Range("IV4").End(xlToLeft).Column ' Set d...

Need grayscale to monchrome conversion
Sorry for the non-mfc specific question but could someone point me to an article or group that might have info on converting a grayscale bitmap to monochrome? I've imported some code from IJG that converts jpg to grayscale but I need monochrome on a non-windows system. Thanks and again sorry for the inconvenience. isn't a grayscale bitmap also monocrhome by default?? "MAO" <nospamplease.com> wrote in message news:eC$b85l%23EHA.2568@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Sorry for the non-mfc specific question but could someone point me to an > article or group that mig...

SUMPRODUCT help #3
Help please I'm trying to count the number on items sold on a particular month using SUMPRODUCT but I'm getting the wrong answer This is what I use for each month (Feburary) for this example: =SUMPRODUCT((MONTH($L$2:$L$5973)=2)*(YEAR($L$2:$L$5973)=2007)*($U$2:$U$5973=$A4)) The item is in A4 the date is in column L and in Column U are all the mixed items. I have checked the date format and its ok. Can any one help please? Thanks josa Odd. I would begin by testing each part of the formula. For example: 1) =SUMPRODUCT((MONTH($L$2:$L$5973)=2)) 2) =SUMPRODUCT((YEAR($L$2:$L$5973)=200...

Help With Validation Please
Hi I have a spreadsheet set up wher I'd like users to put a Y in one of 3 columns (Red, Amber or Green) Is there any way of validating so that they can only put a Y in Red or Amber or Green column at a time and not in both or all three? Many thanks for any help. Helen Assuming Red, Amber and Green are in columns B:D -- Select columns B:D Choose Data>Validation From the Allow dropdown, choose Custom In the Formula box, type: =COUNTIF($B1:$D1,"Y")<=1 Click OK helen wheels wrote: > Hi > > I have a spreadsheet set up wher I'd like users to put a Y in one...

Formula needed if it is even possible
Ok, it's hard to explain but I'll try my best. Firstly I'm using Exce 2002. Well here goes nothing. My problem consists of just one cell i column B. Starting with cell B55 the whole column is dates, ex: B55 (any date)[5-May] B56 =if(B55>0,B55+1,"0")[6-May] B57 =if(B55>0,B55+2,"0")[7-May] B58 =if(B55>0,B55+3,"0")[8-May] B59 =if(B55>0,B55+4,"0")[9-May] B60 =if(B55>0,B55+5,"0")[10-May] B61 =if(B55>0,B55+6,"0")[11-May] B62 B63 B64 =if(B55>0,B55+7,"0")[12-May] Baically contin...

Help with Summing Up Totals
I am trying to sum up totals in order to get an accurate picture of th style box (large cap growth, large cap core, large cap value, etc. each stock corresponds to. Right now, I have the percentage investmen for each stock of the total portfolio and then what style box it fall in (large cap growth, large cap core, etc.) How can I write a formul that will look up what style box it is then take the percentage fo that stock and then sum it all up? I know I could use a VLookup bu how do I sum them in the event that there's more than one stock tha falls into a certain style box? For exampl...

Help
Please take a look at the following LETTER - POSITION - TOTAL A - 6 - 34 A - 2 - 23 A - 2 - 13 B - 5 - 23 C - 2 - 55 D - 7 - 23 The above data is made up but ... I usee the AutoSort and only display LETTER A (3 rows of data) On a new worksheet how would I list something similar to th following: =============== Report for LETTER A Position - Grand Total 2 - x 6 - x =============== (with X being the value calculated) What I also see as being tricky is for it to only to include position that actually contain values. For example, there is nothing for LETTE A in 1st position so there isn...

Data Export Help Needed
What is transferspreadsheet My knowledge is extreemly limited on VB. "Douglas J. Steele" wrote: > Have you tried using TransferSpreadsheet instead of OutputTo? > > -- > Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP > http://I.Am/DougSteele > (no e-mails, please!) > > > "Aamer" <Aamer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message > news:C9B569B2-2A0E-4075-A11F-CAA7D6AD594B@microsoft.com... > > Douglass > > > > I entered the code as you described: > > > > Private Sub Export_Data_Click() > > O...

conditional format formula? help please
Folks, I would like to format an entire row in my sheet based on the text in one cell of each row. For example, when cell S33 equals "Complete", I'd like row 33 (or even just cells S1 to Snn) to assume a gray background. Now I'm no stranger to Excel and routinely build mildly complex formulas and arrays, but I can't seem to make this work in the conditional format dialog box using the "Formula is" choice. What am I missing? Anyone have a quick formula I can put in the dialog? thanks, -gb Geoff, Select Row 33 Format -> Conditional Formatting... Formu...

Match items in 2 lists??? eh help
Hiya I have 2 worksheets. One with a long list of names the other with not so long list of names - Sheet 1 (all clicks), sheet 2 (users at client x). I would like to be able to find out how many users at client x clicked on the site... any ideas how I can run a match on the lists? Any help/tips much appreciated thanks D --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Hi have a look at http://www.cpearson.com/excel/duplicat.htm#ExtractingCommon for identifying common entries on both lists -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany > Hiya > > I have 2 worksheets. One with a...

Help deploying Windows Service to 64bit Server usinf Visual Studio 2008 Setup Project?
I have a Windows Service I created a while back for our Win2003/2008 32bit Servers, written in Visual Studio 2008, deployed via a VS2k8 Setup Project. Everything works great, installs fine, and runs as it should. There is no platform dependent code, it's all straight-up .Net Framework stuff, so we thought it should deploy to a Win2008 64bit Server just fine. But this seems not to be the case. When I try to install the Service as is on the 64bit machine, the service and associated DLL's are installed to the "C:\Windows\SysWOW64" folder, but when you right cl...