need a bit of help.....

I have generated a form that shows money amounts. yet i want two colums
that separates the dollar amount from cents.  I have for example colum
*H* as the dollar amount and colum *I* as the cent amounts. Now i have
tried Format Cell to set it up but it doesnt work. for example i tried
the custom format for the dollar amount and it rounds it. and if
there's an amount of 1108.83 the cell will show 1109. so it does not
show the true value amount. i also tried the same approach with the
=RIGHT(H1,2) but with the left and Mid but still didnt work, because i
would have to enter the same amount of caracters each time. as far as
the cents, there is no problems because i did the =RIGHT(H1,2)
function. it will on show the cent amounts.

so is there another way to set it up?
Please yall.... let me know....

--
Joe@excel
Joe@excel's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=29016

Not sure I follow but maybe:
=Int(H1)
to return 1108 from 1108.83

Hope this helps
Rowan

Joe@excel wrote:
> I have generated a form that shows money amounts. yet i want two colums
> that separates the dollar amount from cents.  I have for example colum
> *H* as the dollar amount and colum *I* as the cent amounts. Now i have
> tried Format Cell to set it up but it doesnt work. for example i tried
> the custom format for the dollar amount and it rounds it. and if
> there's an amount of 1108.83 the cell will show 1109. so it does not
> show the true value amount. i also tried the same approach with the
> =RIGHT(H1,2) but with the left and Mid but still didnt work, because i
> would have to enter the same amount of caracters each time. as far as
> the cents, there is no problems because i did the =RIGHT(H1,2)
> function. it will on show the cent amounts.
>
> so is there another way to set it up?
> Please yall.... let me know....

The first thing I'd try is to widen that column.

If the cell is formatted as General, excel will hide as many decimal places as
it can when the column is too skinny.

But if you format the cell as something besides General (number, 2 decimal
places or even a custom number format), you should see ##### when the column is
too narrow.

What was the custom format you used for that cell?

"Joe@excel" wrote:

> I have generated a form that shows money amounts. yet i want two colums
> that separates the dollar amount from cents.  I have for example colum
> *H* as the dollar amount and colum *I* as the cent amounts. Now i have
> tried Format Cell to set it up but it doesnt work. for example i tried
> the custom format for the dollar amount and it rounds it. and if
> there's an amount of 1108.83 the cell will show 1109. so it does not
> show the true value amount. i also tried the same approach with the
> =RIGHT(H1,2) but with the left and Mid but still didnt work, because i
> would have to enter the same amount of caracters each time. as far as
> the cents, there is no problems because i did the =RIGHT(H1,2)
> function. it will on show the cent amounts.
>
> so is there another way to set it up?
> Please yall.... let me know....
>
> --
> Joe@excel
> Joe@excel's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=29016
> View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=487485

--

Dave Peterson
0

"Joe@excel" wrote:

> I have generated a form that shows money amounts. yet i want two colums
> that separates the dollar amount from cents.  I have for example colum
> *H* as the dollar amount and colum *I* as the cent amounts. Now i have
> tried Format Cell to set it up but it doesnt work. for example i tried
> the custom format for the dollar amount and it rounds it. and if
> there's an amount of 1108.83 the cell will show 1109. so it does not
> show the true value amount. i also tried the same approach with the
> =RIGHT(H1,2) but with the left and Mid but still didnt work, because i
> would have to enter the same amount of caracters each time. as far as
> the cents, there is no problems because i did the =RIGHT(H1,2)
> function. it will on show the cent amounts.
>
> so is there another way to set it up?
> Please yall.... let me know....
>

> --
> Joe@excel
> Joe@excel's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=29016
> View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=487485

thank you guys.
but... may be i didnt explain clearly enough....
I have two columns...  *H *and *I *...
in column *H* i'm entering a dollar amount.. $1,108.83..
once i hit enter, the *H* column should only show the dollar amount
which is 1,108
and
column *I *should only show the remaining cents which is 83

hope i explained better this time..

--
Joe@excel
Joe@excel's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=29016
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=487485

save macro help!!
I have an excel file, I want to put a button on it with a macr attached. When pressed the macro will 1. save the file to a drive o the computer. 2. save the file also to a web server. One problem I am encountering is that to simply use the "save as function and pick the ftp location, the save process just hangs an never saves. If I cannot do it this way, will I be able to do it with macro? Any ideas why this would be happenning? Thanks. Mik -- gmannew ----------------------------------------------------------------------- gmannewt's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?...

looking for help in delaying the sending of e-mail...
....without using rules. What I'm trying to figure out, to little avail, is how to have e-mail that I've composed and am sending out held in the Outbox until I manually send it, as in by hitting F9. Microsoft insists on making me set up a rule, whereby I specify a set number of minutes it will stay in the Outbox before automatically sending it. But doing so this way prevents me from then going into the Outbox and overriding the rule by simply hitting F9. Do I have to resort to writing only drafts? Please help! What about just setting up Outlook not to automatically send/receiv...

Looking for help creating a query returning login times
I have a table that contains a row each time a user logs in and logs out of a specific application. It contains , the event datetime, computer name, userID, event (Login or Logout) and a description field. I have been tasked with creating a query that will check to see if a user is ever logged in more than 13 hours. Every login event will have a corresponding logout event but there is no "session" identifier to match them out. If I run a query on the table to get the event and sort by date, it is pretty clear, user logs in, next record, user logs out etc...but I'm pr...

*Help* 3 Computers Won't Hold the DST Patch
Hello-- We deploy MS patches via WSUS. We updated the DST related patches on the workstations and the Exchange server. There are a few workstations, and one server that keeps reverting back to the old time. Can anyone direct me on what to look for on this? We tried unchecking the DST on the clock admin--no go. Windows Time services are running on all boxes with time error. Obviously the issue is affecting public calendar appointments. Our environment is Windows Server 2003 and Exchange server 2003 with SP2. We have 2 DCs. Both patched with the DST correctly and times are correct. ...

Is Excel able to always show a legend like your help assistant?
I am looking for a function that would allow me to create a legend or data table that will always be visible no matter where I move throught the worksheet. Something similar to the Assistant that floats over the document would be ideal if available. Thanks ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click &qu...

HELP! VBA Code Stopping on Open
I have a database that, when opened, launches a form (via Display Form/Page in Startup…). For some inexplicable reason the code stops/breaks at the On Open event and the VBA editor displays. I can’t figure out why this is happening, it has not happened in the past and this database has been in use for quite some time. There is NO code break set and the break only happens once, when the form is opened for the first time. If I select F5 the code runs and the form opens. If I close the form and then reopen it (manually by double clicking on it) the form opens without stopping a...

Help , Problem of change font in CRichEditCtrl
I change font using CHARFORMAT and SetSelectionCharFormat() of CRichEditCtrl When I selected some text in CRichEditExCtrl , then change font , it works ok. But if I didn't selected any text and change font from combo box, I hope the selected font will apply on following text I input , but whatever I input , the font will automatically change to SimSun, I can't find where the font be changed. Any one can help me? Thanks. I have not solve the problem ,but I found that WordPad program in WinXP has the same problem. Maybe it is normal , if you input a character which not match the charse...

Help
We recently upgraded GP 6 to 7.5 running on SQL2k. Following this upgrade our payroll person has some errors: 1) When trying to run Quarter End reports for Oct-Dec, we receive an error - unhandled script exception: Illegal address for field '[Not Found]' in script ' SutaButton Trigger' Script terminated. Also, we are missing some reports... 2) When going into Edit - W2's we receive Illegal address for field '[Not Found]' in script ' YearEndEditingW2WINPRE'. Script terminated 3)When going into Cards - payroll -Tax Illegal address for field '[...

Need a quanity of items printed
I am working with Excel 2003. I am new to excel and having some difficulties. I Have a form that requires 5 pages be printed out. WhAT I am trying to do is have a field that updates based on the quantity printed. For example for the first page printed the field would reveal a 1 and the next page would have a 2 followed by the next page at 3. This would go up to a max of 5 pages. Any way I can do this? Try File | Page Setup... | Header Footer | Select the footer to add from the drop down. -- HTH... Jim Thomlinson "DevilDog1978" wrote: > I am working wit...

Help with macro #6
Good evening: Is it possible to insert a formula in the below listed MACRO. [Column D is always a date. I need Column F to display a date 14 days greater] Thanks in advance John Sub EnterGrievance() ' ' EnterGrievance Macro ' Macro recorded 2/25/2008 by John Donadio ' ' Keyboard Shortcut: Ctrl+c 'Range("A12").Select Dim FromRng As Range Dim ToRng As Range With Worksheets("Data Sheet") Set FromRng = .Range("A12:M12") End With With Worksheets("Grievance Log") Set ToRn...

help! comparing text for common words
Hi, here is what I want to do. I have a list of 4000 strings that look like this: In cell A1: AUS,AUT,BEL,DEN,FIN,FRA,GER,GRE,HKG,IRE,ITA,KOR,NET,NOR,NZE,POR,SIN,SPA,SWE,SWI,TAI,UKI In cell A2: AUS,BRA,CAN,HKG,ISR,JPN,KOR,MEX,NZE,SAF,SIN,TAI,USA I have another string with the specific words I'm looking for, such a BEL,FIN,ZIM I want to mark every string from A1 to A4000 that have words that matc any of the words i'm looking for. In my example, the string in A1 will be marked because it has BEL an FIN, and A2 will not because it doesn't have BEL, FIN , or ZIM. How can I fi...

remove "Protected Storage System Provider" do not help #4
After updating from Outlook2000 to Outlook XP(2002) OutlookXP keeps asking for passwords for every account :-((( I use XPpro. I have tryed the trix "remove Protected Storage System Provider" in the registery (done by the letter as described in two Q-articles) but it do not help or change anything :-((( Please help -- erik Denmark ...

Need to value dates
I do a lot of work in cleaning up mailing lists other people have generated. When I get any date column going, I usually =Value() it, to find out if any of the dates are bogus. Sometimes they are real dates, and sometimes they are "08/12/2006" and they get converted and formatted. I am confronted with a list which has the dates as "Aug 12, 2006" and I'm trying to figure how to get them as real dates. Any help would be gratefully appreciated. -- Regards, P D Sterling Dallas TX As long as they're all in the same format that you posted, you can use TTC (Text ...

Can you help please...
In fact I need an "excel brain" to help me for some calculations. I have in excel : DATE COUNTRY RATE1 RATE2 COL(A) COL(B) COL(C) COL(D) 3 GER 1.50 2.30 3 FRA 1.15 6.50 4 GER 1.20 6.00 4 GER2 1.40 5.50 4 IT1 1.80 3.60 6 IT2 3.50 2.11 7 POL 4.10 ...

"Outlook has encountered a problem and needs to close ..."
(Win2K Pro w/sp4, Office 2003 with all the latest patches as of today) I get the following error messages repeatedly and at random in MS Word, Excel, Outlook and now OE. It is killing my productivity. I have searched google, tamaracka and MS KB w/o success. I have only had this problem since upgrading from Office XP to 2003 a couple of weeks ago. I would like to keep 2003 b/c it elimiates 99% of my spam when I use the "high" setting in Outlook Junk options. -- but only if I can resolve this problem. No other software/hardware has recently been added. I have reinstalled several ti...

Help #27
I have downloaded a program called "Incredimail". It was great, but now I got difficulties as I need to go back to Microsoft Outlook for business matter. Anyone could help how to transfer my old message from "Incredimail" (ext. imm or something like that). Another thing, how to move the message from "Hotmail" Folder to the Personal Folder's Inbox without moving each message one by one ? Thanks .. ...

Can't Reply messages................HELP
I cant seem to reply messages both in outlook 2003 and outlook 2007. every time i reply to a sender not in my address book the senders name appears on the "to" field but not the addresses. How do i fix this..... Help What happens when you send? The address is not shown if it is not part of the display name. When you right click the address and choose Outlook Properties, do you see their address then? -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://w...

HELP! Seeking Instructions to Create Report of POS Discounts Applied
We really need to run ongoing reports to determine how many of our different Discounts are claimed/used and the proceeds not tendered. We have offered a number of discounts to customers and employees as incentives and cannot find a method to track how each discount is applied. The built-in reports within POS (not RMS) are not nearly as robust as we wish/require (they're actually quite lame). Is there a query we can run on a transaction table to reveal the discounts applied to those transactions? In the POS Query Tool, running the query "select * from Transaction" throws ...

Help! Can't Import Quicken 2001 Deluxe Data into MS Money 2004 Standard
Hello, I have a relatively new Compaq Desktop (2.5 GHz Celeron with 512 MB RAM). I have a Viewsonic Pocket PC and I wanted to use it to track my financial data so I purchased Money 2004 Standard. I tried several times to convert my Qucken Data (it's a big file--I've been using Quicken since 1995). My Quicken program is Quicken 2001 Deluxe. Anyway, the MS Money program started to convert and after a few minutes said: "Your Quicken file could not be converted. Money could not convert your Quicken file. You might have run out of disk space or system memory. Try closing othe...

Trouble converting from print to web in Publisher
I'm working on a newsletter and need to convert from print to web. When I do so, it converts my first 7 pages perfectly and then within Publisher, I have to create more pages and link the excess text (text overflow) to new text boxes on those pages. Fine, I can do that but then when I save it as an htm file and open it outside of Publisher, it only shows my very first page. Am I doing something wrong here? Please help!! That seems normal, since Publisher only will show your first page in on the HTM file. In order to get to your other pages you need to have a link from the first...

Outlook has encountered problems and needs to close.......
it just will not stay open. I have reverted to using plain text email editor. If I've detect & repaired once I've done it 10 times Howard: We've got the same problem on our system. OL 2000. Can't send email. If we try (through this one machine on our 4 computer network) the machine will show that same error message you describe and when we hit the enter key, Outlook immediately shuts down. IF you get this figured out, please let me know. Good luck and thanks. Scott in Austin MN "Howard" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2a2001c...

HELP! Email with attachments PART 2!.... (Robert?)
In follow up to my message on July 9th as per titled. The permanent attachment that i wish to be attached each time i create a new email is a Word document. Similar to a signature, i wish this word document to be a constant attachment each time i click on the 'New Email' button. So.... i believe that if a V-card is attached, there is a facility when creating your own V-card in which you can attach a document (import - File), yet when i create the new email, and open the V-card, the document isnt there.... I work for a large organisation (government lead), and we use Microsoft...

Help with SDK
I'm retrieving data using the Microsoft.CRM.Proxy given in the SDK. I've successfully been able to retrieve some data and display it in a datagrid. But I'm having two problems. First, if the data is null, it doesn't display it empty, but I get an error. Second, the owner of an account is stored in the database as the owner id. The xml returned looks like this: <ownerid name="Anderson, Douglas" dsc="0" type="8"> {CF9F4762-89CE-4470-etc}</ownerid> In my datagrid for the bound column, my DataExpression is just ownerid. It ...

help with % formula
I have a spreadsheet that I need to reflect the percentage of clients not utilizing our statistical services. The formula needs to be based on the total number of clients each sales rep has and then the number of clients that are sending in stats and utilizing our services. The clients names are in column A and the Sales rep in column #E and then the stats beging in columns F - M, not all send all 8 stats so need to figure out how to figure out this by looking at all stat rows. Thanks in advance for any suggestions on a formula that will work for this. Hi! If I understand you c...

help ! status bar frozen! --word 2007
The page number, line number frozen and never change. All the add-ins have been inactived and the status bar only work when Word in a safe mode. It is so inconvenient, please help me! Thanks a lot. Echo My first suspicion is a missing or corrupt printer driver. Make sure you have the latest printer driver applicable to your OS and printer, then delete and reinstall the printer setting it as the Windows Default. -- Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP "Echo" <Echo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EDD68715-C14A-4347-85D1-D7AC99948413@microsoft.com... ...