Names in Workbook Box

In one of my worksheets, I have defined each of 32 NFL teams using some sort
of abbreviation, using "Insert...Name...Define".

Is it possible to copy (and paste) these abbreviations in the Names in
Workbook box
into another workbook???

In other words, I want to use my abbreviations in a workbook yet to be
constructed.

Thank you,

FLKulchar
0
FLKULCHAR (37)

I do not know for sure, but I would have thought that this is the sort of
thing Jan Karel Pieterse's Name Manager add-in handles. It is free, so try
it out at http://www.jkp-ads.com/OfficeMarketPlaceNM-EN.htm

--

HTH

RP

"FLKULCHAR" <FLKULCHAR@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> In one of my worksheets, I have defined each of 32 NFL teams using some
sort
> of abbreviation, using "Insert...Name...Define".
>
> Is it possible to copy (and paste) these abbreviations in the Names in
> Workbook box
> into another workbook???
>
> In other words, I want to use my abbreviations in a workbook yet to be
> constructed.
>
> Thank you,
>
> FLKulchar

0
bob.phillips1 (6510)

Change display name #2
Hello, Currently we're hosting 4 domains. To keep everything organized I've added the location name to the users' display name. Example: LOC1_Bob Smith, LOC2_Tom Smith. This is something we want to show in the users' To: box when using outlook. The drawback is when emails are sent to the "outside" those recipients see that display name too. Is there another/better way of doing this? Thank you, Chris Pirillo <chrisp516@gmail.com> wrote: > Hello, > > > > Currently we're hosting 4 domains. To keep everything organized I've > ...

can't resolve user names
i've just added exchange 2003 to a small business server 2003 network. The users were already apart of the domain. My problem is that i want to add them to the exchange server and i can not get them connected because when i hit check name it never checks out correctly. am i missing something. This is a fresh first install of exchange and i can get the administrator account to get email. I just can't get it to work on any users. In news:OGRukk%23QGHA.4608@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl, Andrew Mallette <Andrewm270@aol.com> typed: > i've just added exchange 2003 to a small bu...

restrict data in combo box
I have a combo box that lists returns. The returns can be open or closed. I want the user to be able to restrict the data in the combo box if they check the [ckOpen] check box. I've tried several ways but none of them work. Any help would be appreciated. Combo box query: SELECT tReturns.MerchandiseReturnNo, tReturns.VendorName, tReturns.VendorID, tReturns.Description, tReturns.ReturnDate, tReturns.COGAccountNo, tReturns.ReturnAmount, tReturns.Status, tReturns.CompanyID, tReturns.MerchandiseReturnNo, IIf([Forms]! [fReturns]![ckOpen]=True,[Status]="Open","*") AS ReturnOp...

DEFAULT TEXT BOX FONTS
Hi, In Publisher 2003, it's possible to set fill and line settings as defaults, so that when you create a new text box it automatically uses them . . . However, does anyone know of a way to associate a font (or preferably a style) with new text boxes, so that when you create one the correct typeface is automatically selected? Thanks Open the Font Schemes from the format menu, click "Styles and Formatting", click Create new style. Setting Text Defaults using Normal.pub http://ed.mvps.org/Static.aspx?=Publisher/normal.pub Right-click the text box, click format text box, C...

How do I create boxes with radial (rounded) corners?
I would like to create boxes with radial corners. Autoshapes has that feature. Look at the Basic Shapes category. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "JazzyMom" <JazzyMom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F199D113-9D97-4CA8-B377-3D94B458564A@microsoft.com... >I would like to create boxes with radial corners. ...

Why does Autoexpand in combo box not work with accented characters?
To quote the Access online help: You can use the AutoExpand property to specify whether Microsoft Access automatically fills the text box portion of a combo box with a value from the combo box list that matches the characters you enter as you type in the combo box. This lets you quickly enter an existing value in a combo box without displaying the list box portion of the combo box. This works fine when I use the normal English alphabet, but fails if I type an accented character as the first character of a name in a foreign language such as Hungarian. Is there any way to make AutoExpand ...

Selecting a named range, the name of the named range is in a cell
What i want to do is the following : I have a cell which i have named "ExtraRisk". This cell contains text : example "Electricity", which is also the name of a range. Now i want to select this named range "Electricity" & copy the range How do i do this. What i have so far is : Sub Risicos_toevoegen() ..... Sheets("MASTER").Select 'I'm stuck here.... Application.Goto Reference:="ExtraRisk" 'I do not want to copy the named range "ExtraRisk", but i want to copy the named range where the va...

How do I show more workbooks in the Excel taskpane?
When I open Excel, I use the taskpane to open workbooks I access quite often. My question is how can I show more than the four workbooks that Excel seems to have as the default number of workbooks showing? Tools> Options> General> Recently used file list: "Wideejay" wrote: > When I open Excel, I use the taskpane to open workbooks I access quite often. > My question is how can I show more than the four workbooks that Excel seems > to have as the default number of workbooks showing? ...

Method of calling a function where function name is stored in a variable or control
Is there a way to call a function (or sub for that matter) where the function/sub name is stored in a variable? For instance lets say I have a table that stores some function names. On a form I have a list box that displays the records in that table. For this example lets say they all accomplish similar things and all require the same numbef of arguments and none of them return a value. If Call were the right method to accomplis this it might look sometihng like this Dim lngArgument as Long lngArgument = 1234 Call Me.lstBox, lngArgument In this case Call would run the function...

Change Legend Entry label of "Total" to actual name of field.
I have two pivot charts. One has multiple criteria and when I create a pivot chart, each series field breaks out properly using the names provided in the multiple criteria given. Now, the issue is when I have a single (one) field name, the chart automatically has the legend entry of "Total" since I am using the 'sum of' option. I've manually changed the name of the field in the pivot table, but the label on the chart remains the same. I've go so far as to read several tips on going to the source data to change this but of course when working with pivot tables, you ca...

How do I Change the Column Names (Re-Name A -
I want to Change the Column Headings from letters to actual names. How do I do that? hi this can not be done. excel needs these to find/remember where everthing is on the spreadsheet grid. you can change the letters to numbers but that is it. on the 2003 menu bar... tools>options>general tab. check R1C1 reference style. or you can get rid of the letters all togeather. on the 2003 menu bar.... tools>options>view tab>uncheck row & column headers. but they are still there, just not visible. usually when someone want to wants to get rid of the column header letters, they u...

How to archive Group email box
Our group has a group inbox and we have reached our limit. Is there a good way for us to store archived emails on SharePoint so the group can access them? Not sure if we have full permission on this group box because we can't set up any rules like we can on our personal email. Thanks, Cheryl Sure, just move the items to the SharePoint folder like you would do with your own emails. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook.info/ Real...

Outlook 2002 contact "group by" box is greyed out.
I had to reconstruct my outlook.pst file and had some issues with not being able to delete messages, so I made a new .pst and copied all the messages over then renamed the files. I copied all my contacts but I like to group my contacts by category but the option to turn this function on in the "Customize current view" dialog is greyed out. How do I turn this back on. It worked before for me. -- ______________________ Jeff Cook Jeff.Coast@verizon.net On Fri, 23 Jan 2004 18:28:43 GMT, Jeffrey Cook <see.sig@For.Address> wrote: >I had to reconstruct my outlook.pst file and ha...

how do i merge one workbook with another in excel?
hi i am wanting to merge data from 1 worksheet with another how do i do this? Copy/paste then manipulate. OR provide more detail on your layout and type of data to merge. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Wed, 16 Mar 2005 11:33:04 -0800, "dd" <dd@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >hi i am wanting to merge data from 1 worksheet with another how do i do this? hi there thanks for your reply. i do not have exact data. it is for an interview question how do you merge spreadsheet A and spreadsheet B using excel ? and then how do you identify say for instance someones name who is ...

Sheet Copy Creates Duplicate Naming Error
I've been copying sheets within a particular workbook and I get an error message that primarily states: " A formula or sheet you want to move or copy contains the name '......', which already exists on the destination worksheet. Do you want to use this version of the name? - To use the name as defined in the destination sheet, click YES. - To rename the range referred to in the formula or worksheet, click NO, and enter a new name in the Name Conflict dialog Box. " I know this is the normal message when you copy an entire sheet that contains named ranges, which i...

Change Excel Column Headings from A,B etc to names?
I want to import an excel csv file of e-mail addresses ito googlemail but I do not know how to change the column headings from A, B etc into name and addres etc column headings which google will accept You cannot change the column headers. Use row 1 for your column titles of Name, Address etc. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Thu, 22 May 2008 09:46:00 -0700, Sandy Mac <Sandy Mac@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I want to import an excel csv file of e-mail addresses ito googlemail but I >do not know how to change the column headings from A, B etc into name and >addres etc...

Workbook minimizes when sending as attachment using Outlook Expres
When I send a workbook as an attachment, using Outlook express, the Excel document minimizes instead of staying open. How do I stop this so the document will stay maximized? ...

Money 2006 small business sorting by customers name
Is there a way to sort customer name by their last name? If I enter name last name first, the invoices are printed last name first. So, if I enter name first name first one cannot find transactions alphabetically. Any suggestions? -- Christopher J. Fazio, V.M.D. Hope, New Jersey ...

How to hide the Group Box lines around options buttons??
I'm working on my first Excel form and need to create option buttons with Excel's forms toolbar. After making several sets of Group Boxes, I can't figure out how to remove the Group Box frame surrounding the option buttons. I know it's something very simple but would appreciate your help. Thanks, Charlie charlie6067 You can hide the groupboxes in code--I don't think that there's any other way. Hit alt-f11 to get to the VBE hit ctrl-g to see the immediate window type this and hit enter. activesheet.groupboxes.visible = false If you only want to hide a single groupbo...

MS Outlook Password Box
I've configured Outlook 2002 and found that once I've entered the users username & password the password box pops up when a email is delivered into the client. I then click ok and the password box disappears, is there any way i can stop it from showing when emails come in. thanks IGET THAT TOO DId you find an answer "Ray" <ray.darby@cjgarland.com> wrote in message news:0c5e01c39fa8$13b6b910$a101280a@phx.gbl... > I've configured Outlook 2002 and found that once I've > entered the users username & password the password box > pops up when a e...

how to create borderless(or thin border) resizable dialog box like gtalk ?
Hi all, I need to create a thin border dialog box that can be resized just like gtalk. can you please suggest how to do this ? Regards, Shoeb > I need to create a thin border dialog box that can be resized just >like gtalk. can you please suggest how to do this ? I'm not sure, but I think it can be done by handling WM_NCHITTEST, passing it to the default handler, checking for the HTBORDER value, determining the mouse position and returning the equivalent sizing border hit code instead. There's some code here that looks like the sort of thing I'm thi...

Merging Columns
I need to assign usernames to thousands of users in a spreadsheet. I have first name and last name in seperate columns. I'd like the username to be an initial for the first name and the full last name and have the username be completely in lowercase (see below). Column A (first name) = John Column B (last name) = Doe Column C (username) = jdoe Is there a formula that could be written that would allow me to do the above? I haven't been able to find anything in the Excel help files or on the Web. Appreciate any assistance... -- bittersweet -----------------------------------------...

Same internal/external domain name
We recently installed SBS2008 into our office. Our internal domain is example.local and our external website domain hosted through GoDaddy is example.com. Since the domain is the same for both we are not able to access our external website. I know this has to do with DNS not being required to look it up outside of the network. My question is how can I force it to look up and access our external web site. Do I have to create a split DNS or can i simply just forward the address with a new DNS record? "MCHECK14" <MCHECK14@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message...

Moving worksheets between diferent workbooks
Hello, I need to move a worksheet from an old workbook to another workbook. The worksheet that I want to move has macros and I want to move it with everything-macros, buttons of macros, formatting etc. What is the easiest way to do that? Thanks in advance Tim copy the sheet Edit=> move or copy sheet I would make a copy until I knew it did what I want. (click the make a copy checkbox) Regards, Tom Ogilvy Tim <tihidj@hotmail.com.au> wrote in message news:027701c3595c$ed4aee40$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Hello, > > I need to move a worksheet from an old workbook to &g...

Shared workbooks
Hi Guys, I am going to create a shared workbook from employees to record working hours. There is a mix of Office 2000, Office XP and Office 2003 in the office. Can I expect any issues with such an array of versions? Also is it possible to publish the shared workbook on a web page? It must remain interactive though. Take Care, Jamie Actually guys, it looks like shared workbooks are not ideal. I was going to setup a worksheet per user, but if the following scenario happens it will resolve in a conflict, which won't be acceptable to users. 1) Bob and Wendy open timesheet.xls at the...