Name manager version 3 Beta

Crossposted to Misc, Programming and Functions ...

Name Manager Version 3 Beta, developed by myself and Jan Karel Pieterse,
with Mac localisation by Matthew Henson, is available  for download from
http://www.DecisionModels.com/downloads.htm

Please let us know of any bugs ...

regards
Charles
______________________
Decision Models
FastExcel Version 2 now available.
www.DecisionModels.com/FxlV2WhatsNew.htm

0
Charles740 (233)

#REF #3
Hi, I'm doing a projection spreadsheet. The new months in diff sheets will be added as and when the actual month passes, ie, up to now i have sheets up to Aug. But in the MAIN sheet, I'm supposed to have months for the whole year up to Dec. Since Sep to Dec don't have equivalent sheets yet, the cells show #Ref since my formula is =Oct!A1. I want to tell the cell to get the amount from "Oct" sheet if there's such a sheet and if not, get the amount from "Sep" sheet. I tried this "=if(Oct!A1="#REF", Sep!A1,Oct!A1)" but it doesn'...

Suggest Names While Completing .....
Is there anyway to remove a "suggested name" short of actually turning this feature off? Our CEO's PA has returned from leave but her home email address keeps popping up as an option. Ta Ian When Outlook suggests the name, highlight it with the arrow keys and then press the delete key. "Ian Kynaston" <IKynaston@nospam.propertyoz.com.au> wrote in message news:554f01c4743a$a34b6910$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Is there anyway to remove a "suggested name" short of > actually turning this feature off? > > Our CEO's PA has returned from leave b...

Excel ask duplicate NAMES when duplicate a worksheets
I have added a NAME called "Above" where point to the cell just above the current cell. The formula is "=INDIRECT("R[-1]C",)" In some workbook, when I duplicate a worksheets, this name will remain silent and work ok. But in some workbooks, when I first duplicate a worksheets, the same name ABOVE will be duplicate and a new local name (belongs to that new worksheet) will be created. If I further duplicate that new worksheets in to a new worksheets, the third worksheets will be warned that a dupicate NAME is existed and ask whether refer to another name or use a ne...

Log ON Report Manager
Install Report Manger in the Server CRM Satisfactorily, but I have problems when I do log on to Crystal APS, I am using an account of domain administrator and it does not allow me to accesar to the APS. APS User Name: CCSGR3000\crmadmin APS password: ********* APS Server:servcrm I need Help, Thanks. The problem is with the login. Use the following: APS User Name: administrator Password: (should be blank) APS server: localhost (if it's local) I did run into a problem that Report Manager couldn't be accessed from anywhere on the network. It was an IIS configuration problem. &q...

Moving from Home & Student to Full version of Office
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I need Exchange support and therefore I am planning to buy the Full version of MS Office 2008 for Mac. I already purchased and installed (and have been using) MS Office 2008 Home & Student edition. My questions are: 1. Should I uninstall the Home & Student edition before installing the Full version? (I assume so). 2. How do I make sure that the data I have already created in Office 2008 Home & Student edition will be available to me after installing the Full version? In particular, how do I make sure that ...

Task Manager window only CPU
Vista Ultimate SP2 When I launch Windows Task Manager, only a CPU meter opens. When I right click icon in task bar, I only get Close & Always on top options. How do I restore task manager? Happy New Year -- ***************** John Lenz JohnLenz@comcast.net Double click on the white frame of the task manager window. That should do it. -- whs THX - it worked Happy New Year -- ***************** John Lenz JohnLenz@comcast.net "whs" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message news:89eee91dbeee8173c55e0008be25b622@nntp-gateway....

Managing Incomplete Purchase Orders
What should we do when we receive a purchasse order and not all products were received? Here is how we are set up. All products are marked as "allow backorder". We have this set up this way so we cna special order a product if needed. However, the vendors do no backorder. If a product isn't shipped, we need to backorder. The problem occurs after we receive (as shipment/invoice). The unreceived items on the PO remain open. Since we use Purchase Order Generator, the items are not reordered because they are still "on order" in the system. What are we supposed to ...

exchange 5.5 will not keep new server name.
We have exchange 5.5 in enviroment where windows server 2003 is setup along with active directory and active direcitory intergrated zone which is replicated to other servers. Problem: I enter the Exchange Server Name followed by the mailbox name then I select the button [CHECK NAME] In the exchange server name field after entering the new exchange server name the old exchange server name is displayed instead. This only happens in office 2003 professional and not in office 2000 professional "old exchange server name" How did you go about changing the name of the server...

Exchange 2003
I've set up a policy that deletes items in the "Deleted Items" folder that are 7 days old (no size limit). For some reason Mailbox Management finds no deleted items. See the email I receive below... The Microsoft Exchange Server Mailbox Manager has completed processing mailboxes Started at: 2006-02-25 00:08:58 Completed at: 2006-02-25 00:08:59 Mailboxes processed: 0 Messages moved: 0 Size of moved messages: 0.00 KB Deleted messages: 0 Size of deleted messages: 0.00 KB The information store is 82 GB's big...there is no way there are no deleted items. I've had this pr...

Can I show server name instead of drive letter?
When using the =Cell("filename") function, I would like to show the actual server instead of a drive letter because the letter is dependent on where the server is mapped and not all users have the same mapping. Is this possible? Try using: \\ServerName\drive\... where ServerName is the name of the server and drive is the appropriate drive, and then find the file on the drive from that point. "bfant" wrote: > When using the =Cell("filename") function, I would like to show the actual > server instead of a drive letter because the letter is dependent on...

time formats #3
I have an Excel sheet with a long list of times spent on various projects. The times should all be in minutes and seconds. The first time reads 2:29 and I know that is accurate, for 2 min, 29 seconds. In the formula bar, it reads, 2:29:00 AM. Another...the cell displays 0:40 and I know that is right, for 40 seconds. But in the formula bar, I see 12:40:00 AM I want numbers, but apparently I am looking at times. I tried changing the format. When I check the format for 2:29, it comes up Custom and says it is hh:mm, not mm:ss. I tried changing it to mm:ss, but that changes the displa...

New Computer #3
How do I move my settings, emails, address book, etc... to my new computer. I'm mostly concerned with Outlook because it's the program I use most often. I have an older computer running WIN2K Pro. I purchased a new Dell computer with Windows XP Pro also with Office 2003. Again how do I make my new Outlook have all the information and settings that my old computer has. I do have both computers connected on my home network and they can see each other. But I'm not sure what to copy over. Any help would be very helpful. Thank You, Paul The file you need to copy and re-use up ...

CRM 3.0
Folks Any way that we can assign leads / opportunities / other entities to teams rather than individuals? All the best Hany Hi Hany, Team ownership is not supported in CRM 3.0. Could you describe your scenario, and maybe we could provide some alternatives? Thanks -- Jay Grewal Microsoft Dynamics CRM This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties and confers no rights. "Electronic Workplace" <info@electronicworkplace.LoseThisBit.com> wrote in message news:O0cfzAT$FHA.140@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Folks > > Any way that we can assign leads /...

Importing #3
I had a previous version of Money and just got a new computer with Money 2004. I have a backup disk made with the info from the previous version. How can I import that into the new version? File|Restore?!? <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:075a01c3d169$a360b0a0$a001280a@phx.gbl... > I had a previous version of Money and just got a new > computer with Money 2004. I have a backup disk made with > the info from the previous version. How can I import that > into the new version? ...

Cannot publish or export in Deployment Manager
When I click on "Publish Customization" or "Export Customization" I get an error: Runtime Error! Program: C:\windows\system32\mmc.exe This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the application's support team for more information. Has anyone experienced a similar problem? What can be causing this, it was working before? Thanks in advance, Bilge Gul ...

Debt Reduction Planner #3
The debt reduction planner on my version of Money 01 does not take the minimum payment due into account. It expects me to short some accounts to make bigger payments to other accounts. Obviously that is not feasable, as the late charges for not making the minimum payment would negate any possible savings. Is there a way to fix this so at least the minimum payment is listed? ...

Converting from Lotus 1, 2, 3 docs
I have a user who has a bunch of Lotus 1, 2, 3 spreadsheets that he is trying to convert to Excel. His version of Lotus is old (version 5), his version of Excel is 2000 sp2. The files convert but they are missing pages or headings or other unacceptable qualities. Anyone any advice? Michael If you open the files using Excel and save them to an .xls format in the current version you are losing data? A while back I needed to do this. I wrote an application in VB that loops through the files, opens them using Excel (add a reference in VB to MS Office 10) and then save them in the current ...

Calculating dates #3
Can anyone tell me what I should use (in the way of helper cells) to take any date (mm/dd/yyyy) and turn it into that same month and day for specific year? For instance, turn... 10/12/2009 into 10/12/2010 and 4/6/1998 into 4/6/2010 I'm trying to determine anniversary date based on start date and do it starting in 2010. TIA -- Jordon Try this: =3DDATE(2010,MONTH(A1),DAY(A1)) Assuming your date is in A1. Hope this helps. Pete On Jan 5, 5:35=A0pm, Jordon <jordon@REMOVE~THISmyrealbox.com> wrote: > Can anyone tell me what I should use (in the way of helper cells) > to tak...

Cell References #3
I have 2 separate work sheets. I want to copy the values of cells in work sheet A to cells in Work sheet B. The values in A are separated by at least 4 rows. Cells in B where I want those values are separated by 1 row. How can I copy the values without having to enter each cell reference indivudually in B? Is there a formula to add columns or rows such as cell A1+3 = cell D1 or cell A1 + 3 = cell A4 gman Wrote: > I have 2 separate work sheets. I want to copy the values of cells i > work > sheet A to cells in Work sheet B. The values in A are separated by a > least > 4...

Sent faxes in CRM 3 doesn't show in history
I am reposting this as I've had no answers to my previous post which is now buried in all the other ananswered posts. Surely someone knows the answer to this??? It's pretty fundamental to what customers will want. Anyone??? ------------------------------------------------------------------- I'm using CRM 3 under SBS 2003. When I send a fax using the "New activity / Fax" option within a contact record it sends successfully. . However there is no record of it stored in the contact history? If I check the fax console on the server the fax has been sent (also verifi...

When is Microsoft coming out with updated version of Publisher?
I've been using Pubisher since 1997 and it's great...but now it's almost FOUR years old with no no version! More graphics, more WordArt options, that would be nice. When are we going to see a Publisher 2006-7?????? There is a new version of Office being beta tested now with an approximate release date of Spring 2007. (No clue about the amount of clipart or WordArt. Sorry) -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Nancy O'Brien" <Nancy O'Brien@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:005128ED-EF3D-4ADA-B02D-B5EB6790BFC0@microsoft.com.....

On AutoReplace (and Signatures bug workaround) in 15x Beta
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_016D_01CB2ACB.6EBDC7D0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Windows-1252" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I recently noticed that the current WLMail 15x Beta has an unused = Registry Key at =20 HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows Live = Mail\Compose\Preferences\PostEditor\Autoreplace\ReplacePhrases Whilst there is no UI feature in WLMail that utilizes this Key, I = discovered that it can still be made use of. We just need to add a new String Value under this Key, naming it = acco...

Supporting multiple excel versions from .NET
Hi, I am using excel automation to write data to Excel. I am using Excel 9 and I using early binding to create the objects. I would like to support Excel versions 9 and upwards. To run the same application on a production system, with office XP,( which has only the framework installed), should I distribute the olb file, that I used while referencing, along with my installation? Are there any other dependencies, that I need to take care? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance. ...

administrator denied access to system manager
done a nice silly thing, accidentally changed the permissions on the administrator account to deny full access in the exchange organisation. i used the reg hack to access the security tab. i know that's why it's hidden to prevent things like this, so please dont remind me ;) thing is, although i can do most things from another admin account, i cant get access to that security tab, even with the reg hack for that user. so i cant undo the damage. is there any way or removing those permissions using another tool? i cant add the other amin account to the delegation wizard, it says...