MYOB to Excel

Is there an Excel expert out there that also knows MYOB?
I am trying to produce CATEGORY reports in the MYOB program that will show
the previous year's details alongside the Current Year's Selected Period and
Year To Date columns.
ie The column headings should be:
Account#  Account Name  Selected Period  Year To Date  Last Year's Selected
Period  Last Year's Year To Date.

MYOB does export to Excel but MYOB can't produce such a report and I wonder
if someone has already produced a workbook that would manipulate the
exported data to produce a report in the manner described.

Any help appreciated.
Rob

0
Rob

WinExplorer info to Excel
If I open My Computer (Windows 2000 Professional) in Details View, I can view the contents of any given folder or drive, with columns for filename, size, date created, date Modified, Author, etc. My question is, is there any way to get this information into an Excel worksheet? I have used another database explorer program (Invitrogen Vector NTI 10) which has a button called "camera" which does this. Thank you for your time and attention -- Anne Murray You can do it if you want to use "DOS" commands: Go to "START" - "ACCESSORIES" - "COMMAND...

Import excel into RMS
I need to import excel file into RMS is the only way thru EMS, or is there another option? You can download the "Quicksell Import Tool" from the downloads section of http://www.jeanholland.com - you have to create an account, but it's free. The quicksell import tool is an UNSUPPORTED tool that MS released several years ago. You can use it to import Items, suppliers and customers. I tried it once and found that it was easier for me to just load the files directly into SQL Server and move the data around from there - but I'm a SQL geek... A lot of people seem to like...

Images in Excel 2000
I'd like to import an 8 1/2" x 11" jpg image into an exel 2000 spreadsheet and be able to enter data into the cells and still see the image underneath. Is this possible and how do I do it. This would be impossible or nearly so using Microsoft Excel. You could do it with Word. http://www.officearticles.com/word/typing_on_top_of_a_scanned_form_in_microsoft_word.htm However, I think it's crazy to try it under any circumstances. ******************* ~Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com www.MyExpertsOnline.com "cjones" <cjones@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in ...

comp.apps.spreadsheets,microsoft.public.excel,microsoft.public.excel.programming
Hi All, I am generating large amounts of data that need to be analyzed on the fly. To simplify the problem, consider an Excel workbook that has n number of data sheets, S1 to Sn. Each spreadsheet has 5 columns, C1 to C5 and x number of rows, R1 to Rx, in addition to the a header row. The workbook also has one main sheet called Smain. The workbook should be capable of doing the following automatically, either by pressing a button or auto-refresh when the data is updated: 1. The rows of each data sheet should be sorted max to min according to C3. 2. If the maximum value in C3 of a given sheet...

Import Budget into GP v.10 from Excel
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_004F_01C99834.C340E060 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I am having an issue and have followed the following but it still does = not work.=20 Error message when you try to import a budget in General Ledger in = Microsoft Dynamics GP: "The number of periods for the budget does not = match the number of columns in Excel" View products that this article applies to. -------------------------------------------------------------------------= -----...

excel Hyperlink question
Is there a way I can have a spreadsheet that in one column on a particular cell there will be a hyperlink to a word document? Under the Insert Hyperlink menu, I think if you select the "Existing File or Web Page" button and point to what you want, that should do it. HTH Steve "Pam Coleman" <PamColeman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:219B8DA6-B7E1-4405-A272-2EEEAF6F8786@microsoft.com... > Is there a way I can have a spreadsheet that in one column on a particular > cell there will be a hyperlink to a word document? Is there a way the hype...

Excel properties
Hi, I'm having a problem running a Word macro which mailmerges data from an excel file I get sent regularly. This only started happening recently. I noticed that my macro runs fine if I open the Excel document then 'save as' the same name. Looking at the properties within Excel I see the original has nothing under the general tab and the archive box is unticked. The resaved document has all the 'type', 'location', 'size' etc data as you would expect, plus the archive box is ticked. Anyone know what's going on here then? Cheers, Shedlord ...

macro in excel 2007
I was able to access the macro trust level. My excel has customized form fields that don't show unless I populate the second options, what is the third option, will it let the fields stay available so I don't have to populate everytime? I have a trusted source. Hi Tillie, Without seeing the actual macro code (assuming that you issue is controlled by code and not by worksheet protection) then I don't think it is possible to answer your question. You probably should talk to whoever set up the worksheet. "access the macro trust level" only allows you to decide wheth...

Trying to automatically import specific data from Excel into Word:
Thanks in advance for anyone who can help me with this: I'll start by explaining the spreadsheet I created in Excel (an inventory / information worksheet): It is pretty simple; approximately 12 columns. The key column is the item number / UPC / bar code number, then after that there are various information columns including item name, description, condition, picture links, etc. Secondly, I created a template Microsoft Word document that is relatively long, but will have a few lines (give or take...about 7) customized for each item on the inventory. What I am trying to d...

Filtering Excel 2003 Charts to a date range
I have multiple charts that we look for trends on over 1-2 year time frames. Is it possible to have a chart show all the data that has been entered and when looking at the chart have a date range data to format that range differently. What I am trying to do is we have weekly or montly meetings, in these meetings I would like to show all the additional data differently that has been added since our last meeting, while showing accumulative data in a different format. The easiest way to get different formats is to use different series. If you had one series, you could use autofiltering to...

Select buttons pasted into Excel
I pasted a table from my investment account into Excel. The tabl included option buttons. I can get rid of the alpha/numeric part of th paste but the buttons remain. I've tried to format & copy empty cells but the button remains. I ca turn on the button -- nothing happens that I am aware of. How do I get rid of it?? Delete or clear doesn't work. joe -- jzemane ----------------------------------------------------------------------- jzemanek's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1463 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthrea...

How to get an excel doc not saved as "Read Only"
I'm trying to figure out why my Excel doc saves as "Read Only". Is there something I can do to prevent this in the future? Try File>Properties>General tab and see if Read Only is checked. -- Sincerely, Michael Colvin "bunbarn" wrote: > I'm trying to figure out why my Excel doc saves as "Read Only". Is there > something I can do to prevent this in the future? Some additional items to work through: Read-Only in Excel, Problems with http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/readonly.htm --- HTH, David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel ...

Convert Xls to PDF For Excel
Convert Xls to PDF For Excel is the fast, affordable way to creat professional-quality documents in the popular PDF file format. It easy-to-use interface allows you to create PDF files by simply clic the "Save as PDF" button from MS Excel, creating documents which can b viewed on any computer with a PDF viewer. Convert Xls to PDF For Exce supports Font embedding, resolution, compression and multi-language And Convert Xls to PDF For Excel don't need any software such as adob acrobat. Easy Converting Microsoft Excel documents into PDF normal files couldn't b any easier. Simpl...

Issue in reading data from Excel
Hi All, I have 3 excel files with me. say,Test.xlsx, saved.xls and original.xls. Here Test.xlsx has got reference to saved.xls and original.xls and displays values from both files. But the cells referring to data from Original.xls shows #N/A in Test.xlsx where as data from Saved.xls shows the correct values. (I am using the formula: =HLOOKUP(A5,'D: \Testing\[Original.xls]Output'!$A$1:$CQ$2,2,FALSE) Here, saved.xls and original.xls has got same columns and same data, but if i check the files size of both, they are different. size of Saved.xls is 26 KB and the size of Original.xls file...

Import MS Word 2003 Table to Excel
I have a word document that has many tables. I need to take each table and put them into one cell in excel if possible. I have several test documents that I was able to transfer the information from Word to Excel in a row per record. I need to keep the tables with their respective row(record). Any help is greatly appreciated. ...

how can i lock a sheet in an excel file????
I made an excel of 5 sheets and i want to send it to all my employees, but I dont want them to have axces in just one sheet....Can I lock this sheet with a password??? you have a few options: 1. you can hide the sheet. 2. you can password protect the sheet with a password, on the review tab in excel 2007, tools/protection in 2003 3. you can limit the access to just cell a1, for example. alt-F11 to get to the vb editor,click view then properties window (or press F4), select the sheet and in the scroll area, enter A1. then they won't be able to select anything but A1. then...

Transfer data from Excel col. A to columns B-E in the same sheet
I have an Excel 2003 spreadsheet with only one column of player data: column A. The first three data items in column A are the same for every player: Name, Address and Phone. Every player also has at least one comment but could have any number of comments. Each player’s data is separated from the next by a blank cell in column A. Sometimes, a player’s last few comments are blank resulting in multiple blank cells in column A before the data for the next player starts. I need help writing an Excel 2003 VBA macro to: 1. Copy just the player’s name, but not the Name: label, to c...

Excel macro !!
Hi all. I want to write a macro in an excel sheet wherein I want to copy a few cells from my source worksheet and paste their link ...not teh HYPERLINK.....to another worksheet. Also, the destination worksheet's cell number where this is pasted is not fixed. How do I accomplish this? Please help urgently. Thanks. Edit=>PasteSpecial Click the Paste Link button. -- Regards, Tom Ogilvy "SPG" <not@noreply.com> wrote in message news:uJOnCdrLEHA.3292@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > Hi all. > I want to write a macro in an excel sheet wherein I want to copy a few > ...

I can not email excel files
I am using xp- I can"t email a excel file? newbe wrote: || I am using xp- I can"t email a excel file? Umm what happens when you try? -- Interim Systems and Management Accounting Gordon Burgess-Parker Director www.gbpcomputing.co.uk And what are you doing to try?? -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "newbe" <newbe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4EBA3AC3-F379-4973-AB64-FBA9FD7F43A5@microsoft.com... > I am using xp- I can"t email a excel file? i was trying to e mail right out of excel but it would not work. I found out...

Is there an add-in that will lock the cells like later versions of Excel?
I'm using 97 and for 99.9% of everything I do I works fine except I can't lock cell format so there can only be data entry. I would be nice if I could do that. Marc Hi Marc, Can you be more specific about what you want and don't want. "Marc" <mcnr(N_O-S_P_A_M)@mindspring.com> wrote in message news:QThPf.1161$sL2.501@newsread2.news.atl.earthlink.net... > I'm using 97 and for 99.9% of everything I do I works fine except I can't > lock cell format so there can only be data entry. I would be nice if I > could do that. > > Marc > > ...

Excel dropdowns w/o blanks
Hello, I have built a spreadsheet which requires data to be entered in order for the sheet to work properly. My problem is even though there IS NOT a blank option in the drop down, you can select the cell and hit <delete>. This effectively enters a "blank" entry and renders the outgoing data worthless.... How can I keep users from doing this? Thank you for your help!!! Darrell, I think the dropdown you're referring to is Data Validation. It doesn't get involved when a cell is cleared (delete key), pasted into, another cell moved there, and such things. It...

How do I lock all cells in Excel except 2 which I need unlocked?
Alex, By default all cells in excel are protected or locked, select the cells you want to unlock and go to format, cells, protection and uncheck locked, the go to tools, protection, and protect sheet, enter a password if you want, now only the cells that you unlocked can be edited. Be aware that this protection is very easy to break, the code to do so can be found very easy, but it will work for most people . If you only need a few locked I would select them all first, Ctrl A, then go to format, cells, protection and uncheck locked, then select the cells you want to lock and go ...

Excel functions #3
Hi. How can i change the "," symbol with the ";" in the syntax of an Excel Function ? For examp. ceiling(A1,3) to be ceiling(A1;3) Thank you. Change in the Regional settings of the control panel, on the Regional Options click the Customize button, that will get you there. -- __________________________________ HTH Bob "nikos" <nikos@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B673ECB4-472B-4590-8D10-B35634393DB4@microsoft.com... > Hi. > How can i change the "," symbol with the ";" in the syntax of an Excel > Function...

Tracing dependents
Is there a way that I can highlight all the cells in a worksheet that contain values that are used by formulas in other worksheets/workbooks? -- Michelle Perhaps this, although it will show all dependents on-sheet as well and not just those off-sheet Sub ShowDeps() Dim myrng As Range Dim myrng1 As Range Dim myrng2 As Range With ActiveSheet Set myrng1 = Intersect(.UsedRange, _ .UsedRange.SpecialCells(xlCellTypeFormulas, 23)) Set myrng2 = Intersect(.UsedRange, _ .UsedRange.SpecialCells(xlCellTypeConstants, 23)) E...

access to excel form analysis access 2007
Hello In access 2003 i coould analyse forms in excel but in 2007 the is no function can this still be done! ...