When I type text in a blank cell, the cell automatically is highlightes with
the bright yellow fill.  There is no conditional formatting on this workbook.

Check your VBA editor.
You might have an Event Macro which does what, usually, a CF does.
Try to Increase the Macro Security to its maximum level in order to
eliminate the Event Macro from running...
You may, also consider to "rem" all the Macro commands by adding a Preceding
  apostrophe to each command.
Micky

> When I type text in a blank cell, the cell automatically is highlightes with
> the bright yellow fill.  There is no conditional formatting on this workbook.

how do I add numbers in list of columns
entered numbers in columns of excel and want to total them going horizontal and vertical to get grand total for each column. Can you explain how to do this? For e.g. You enter 1-10 in A1-A10 You enter 11-20 in B1-B10 So, in A11, you type SUM(A1:A10) to get Column Grand total and copy it to B11 to get Grand column total for B And, you type SUM(A1:B1) in C1, to get Row Grand Total and copy it to C2 to C10 to get all Row Grand total Hope this helps. "Amadauss" wrote: > entered numbers in columns of excel and want to total them going horizontal > and vertical to get gr...

message text becomes attachment
When I received messages from a few particular people, if it contains an attachment the message itself will become a .txt attachment too. And this happens every time from these particular people. If no attachment, the message will not become an attachment. This just started happening a few weeks ago. Yet the vast majority of all email still behaves as it always did. Why would this happen? Is there any way I can troubleshoot this problem to find out the cause of it? Thanks! Try rebooting your machine. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discuss...

"Enter Network Password" Prompt During Configuration
I have installed MS Outlook 2007 on my SP3 XP Home computer. I just recently installed this on my computer after re-installing the Operating System. I had the account set up and it was working fine prior to re-installing the Operating System. Now I am constantly prompted to re-enter my username and password. I have checked, double checked and triple checked all my settings and I do not know what the problem is. I have attached a screen shot of some of the settings, errors and the screen I am getting. Admins if this is in the wrong place, please move it. I h...

Adding and subtracting hours in Excel 2000 worksheet
I'm having some success with the addition part but not with the subtracting part! I have an Excel spreadsheet that is used to keep track of time worked by staff on a weekly basis and I need to keep track of the overtime worked. For example, one staff member has worked 40 hours, 54 minutes and 25 seconds in a week (displayed in a cell as 40:54:25 with the cell formatted as Category: --> Time and Type:--> 37:30:55). I then went to subtract 40 hours from the total hours worked to get the overtime displayed and thats where I'm having the problem. I tried the format of "=F9 -...

Error message when trying to use my access add-in with VS2008
I created a Access 2007 add-in with VS2008 C# and I'm trying to debug my access form that sends text to a textbox to be displayed after I click on a button. I can step into 'FillTextButton_Click()' in my C# app that gets called when I click on the access form button. So I have my button and textbox connected to Access2007 with the Access onLoad() event. Everything seems to be connected ok. But as soon as I finish running through the 'FillTextButton_Click()' I get a error message saying "The expression On Click u=you entered as the event property se...

Please add attachment functionality to the campaign wizard
When creating a campaign with a quick campaign or a full campaign it would be really handy to be able to add an attachement to an email task, so that on the bulk send the recipiant would recieve a defined liturature sample, currently this is pretty hard to do -- Alistair 2B.net http://www.crmdeployment.co.uk ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in ...

Remove "Alt Enter" blank space
From a cell, how to remove a "blank line" that is enter by Alt enter keystroke! Using Visual Basic! "crapit" <littlecramP@yahoo.com.sg> wrote in message news:e%23I5BWGDFHA.1264@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > From a cell, how to remove a "blank line" that is enter by Alt enter > keystroke! > Hi one way Sub removealtenter() For Each c In Range("A1:A10") c.Value = Application.WorksheetFunction.Substitute(c.Value, Chr(10), " ") Next End Sub Cheers JulieD "crapit" <littlecramP@yahoo.com.sg> w...

Rounding errors in manually entered investment account transaction
I am tracking the performance of the investment subaccount of my life insurance policy in MS Money 2006 Premium. My insurer does not support online updates of investment subaccount performance, so I must enter statement data manually. Shares of investments are only reported with 3 decimal places of accuracy on my statements. As a result, in some cases rounding errors in the number of shares purchased and sold accumulate over months so that after a while the total number of shares that I own as reported by Money differs from the number of shares reported by my insurer. How do I adju...

Automatic Picture Download cannot be omited
Outlook 2003 + Exchange 2003 Hello, Automatic Picture Download can be disabled, but you cannot forward or send such a message without downloading it. Under Tools/Options/Security you can configure the automatic download of pictures from the internet. I selected all option to be prevent the automatic download. This works fine. In the email messages you are notified, that a picture is not downloaded. If you try to reply to the sender or to forward the message you are asked to download the picture from the internet. If you agree the picture will be downloaded and you can get tracked at t...

Combine Text from Multiple Cells
How do I combine text from mutliple cells into one cell? Hi Carter one option - well two really: if the information is in cells A1, B1 & C1 and you want it combined into D1 then in D1 type =A1 & " " & B1 & " " & C1 this will give you the contents of each with a space between OR =CONCATENATE(A1," ",B1," ",C1) which will give you exactly the same thing Hope this helps Cheers JulieD "Carter" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5fc401c48ac0$9cc86830$a301280a@phx.gbl... > How do I combine tex...

Item scan is not automatically filling in the item
In the POS screen the item scan requires the operator to press enter in order to populate the line. Is there a setting I'm missing? Is there a problem with the database? Please help You have to program your scanner to add an 'enter' after each scan. Check the manual that came with your scanner, it should explain how to do it, usually by scanning a few programming barcodes. They may refer to it as a suffix. Marc "Bill Cunningham" <BillCunningham@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7E83E299-D9A1-4770-AD38-3C65C2AD2706@microsoft.com... > In th...

option to add asterisk indicating statistical signficance in char.
it would be nice to have an option in excel to add asterisks to charts like bar graphs to indicate statistial significance. currently i copy the graph to powerpoint, insert text and use the graph. however, it would be cleaner to be able to go under format data series and tell excel to insert a asterisk or other notation above the error bars. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this...

color job will not separate
I am a commercial printer when I send a job to my rip I only get 3 color no black not even the text. Any help would be great. Dan After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message from Dan <dan@cocolor.com>... > I am a commercial printer when I send a job to my rip I > only get 3 color no black not even the text. Any help > would be great. What version of Publisher are you using? -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://www.mvps.org/the_nerd/ Before reading this message, view the disclaimer: http://mvps.org/the_nerd/disclaim.htm How are you se...

how do I add a you tube video to PowerPoint presentation?
I am working on a Power Point presentation and would like to add you tube videos. How do I do this? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hChq5drjQl4 Bill Dilworth "Karen" <Karen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FB0C5799-0ACA-4721-8E8A-7B511F4A8F36@microsoft.com... >I am working on a Power Point presentation and would like to add you tube > videos. How do I do this? ...

Multiple ADD COLUMN in one shot?
I have a statement in a query like: ALTER TABLE EXP ADD COLUMN first_name TEXT(75); If I wanted to add 5 columns in one shot, how would I do this? Trying to save this for repeatitive execution when I remove and recreate the primary table from the DB. Putting even 2 alter table statements in a row error. Guessing because this is a "Query", singular, and not a script but wondering if this is possible. Thanks. JR To get slightly better DDL facilities, use ADO or 'ANSI mode' instead of DAO or 'Access SQL' mode. Application.CurrentConnection.Execute("my DDL&...

Can I change the color of a form based on status?
I have a form for work orders. I track the work order number, part number, serial number, etc. I would like to add a combo box with work order status Open/Closed. I know how to do this part. I was wondering if I can link a command that will change the color of either the box or the form based on the current status of the work order. When I scroll through the work order form I rapidly know which work orders are open and closed based on the color. The parts are shipped out to various agencies for repair and sometimes it may be months before we see our parts back. Once a week I go t...

Re: How can I change the color of negative bubble in bubble chart
Actually, you have to define your second color, click OK twice, so the series displays the gradient, then double click the series again,on the patterns tab, select the fill for positive values, and hit OK. (The series must actually display the gradient for a moment in order to remember the second color). - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://PeltierTech.com _______ "Jon Peltier" <jonxlmvpNO@SPAMpeltiertech.com> wrote in message news:... > Double click on the series, on the Patterns tab, ...

Worksheet linking
I am trying to link a cell in one worksheet (sheet 1) to a cell in another worksheet (sheet 2). I put in = then click on sheet 1 tab, then click on the cell I want to link and press enter. The result puts me in sheet 2 in the cell I want but with the formula ='sheet 1'!A1 instead of the text that is in that cell. How do I get it to show the text from cell A1 sheet1 instead of the formula? Hi, being in sheet 2 press CTRL+ ~ + Enter ~ is located beside number 1 in the keyboard "Zac" wrote: > I am trying to link a cell in one worksheet (sheet 1) to a ...

Add a CListCtrl in my CFormView
Hi, I have a CFormView in which I have put a CStatic in the resource form. In my code I would like to replace the CStatic by a ClistCtrl so I am trying this : void CGeneralView::OnInitialUpdate() { CFormView::OnInitialUpdate(); // Get Rect of my CStatic CRect rect; GetDlgItem(IDC_TOKEN_LIST)->GetClientRect(&rect); DWORD dwStyle = LVS_ICON; BOOL bRet = m_TokenList.Create(dwStyle, CRect(0,0,0,0), this, 0x58658); m_TokenList.ShowWindow(TRUE); } The problem is the ClistCtrl is not the right place. I suppose it's because my form view is resized. So does it mean I cannot cre...

Custom Format text XX:XXXX:XX
I would like to have text custom formatted so that if a 8 character words is typed, it is automatically broken up like this XX:XXXX:XX. This works just fine with numbers with a ##\:####\:## custom format, but it will not work for text. Any suggestions? -- mustard ------------------------------------------------------------------------ mustard's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=20017 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=346023 Number formatting only works on numbers. But you could use a little macro waiting for y...

How do you add a live URL link to the body of an email?

cell won't wrap text
Very simple Excel file. 3rd column over is is formatted as Text | Wrap Text. All other cells seem to wrap text fine. One cell in particular won't wrap text. It displays all XXXX instead. I did an Edit|Clear and re-entered the text and it did it again. I adjust the height of the cell to no avail. 70+ other cells in this SS work just fine with the same amount of text. Any thoughts? Try changing the format from Text to General -- Gary''s Student "GrHopp" wrote: > Very simple Excel file. 3rd column over is is formatted as Text | Wrap Text. > All othe...

Color of Client Area
Hello, I see there is a function for setting the background color of a dialog box, but there is no function for the background color of a CWnd. I don't know if I'm supposed to call SetBkColor on the device context in the OnPaint handler, or what? Regards, Rich "Rich S." <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:059b01c3bd74$2db134f0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Hello, > > I see there is a function for setting the background > color of a dialog box, but there is no function for the > background color of a CWnd. > > I don't know ...

Automatic e-mailings to to contacts from my outlook
Every two weeks or so e-mails are automatically sent out to my contacts by that are advertisements of vulgarity or other matters. Usually the same persons. I have all of the MS updates and all of the Norton updates and have upgraded my Outlook to 2003. Is there any way I can ride myself of this problem? I have kept some copies of the e-mails to get a clue as to what and how this happens but have no solution. What to do? Virus-Worm???? Gregory W. <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Every two weeks or so e-mails are automatically sent out > to my contacts by that ...

Line breaks and plain text in Outlook 2002
As has been documented, Microsoft removed the option to encode in Quoted Printable in Outlook 2002. Does somebody know why this was done? Outlook is quite a robust program with many uses. One of these is e-mailing. For the high price of Outlook, I would expect that the user should get many options and many customizable features (it amazes me that one cannot customize the head of the original message when quoted in a reply, for example). I would also expect from Outlook something very basic, and that is the ability to communicate without line breaks. It is quite ironic that MS removes quoted pr...