Airbuscpt (1)

Convert excel to java
Hi does anybody know a way to convert an XL spreadhseet (with charts) to a fully interactive Java object?? I have tried exceleverywhere and xlsius, but no luck! Thanks in advance -- shnim1 ...

Am I able to sort dates by month rather than year in excel?
I am using office 2003. I need a report that sorts my employees in order by the month they are hired. Excel always sorts by year. Just an example: If a date is in A1 and the rest of the column, then in B1 enter =MONTH(A1) and copy down Then sort by column B -- Gary's Student "Ruth k." wrote: > I am using office 2003. I need a report that sorts my employees in order by > the month they are hired. Excel always sorts by year. ...

Comments/Footnotes Printing
I've used Excel 2003 to create a matrix of Medicare & Medicare Supplement Plans containing comments in selected cells. I've lettered and numbered the columns and lines to aid finding cells quickly when speaking to others. When I place the document in Print Preview, I see that although my comment will print at the end of my matrix, they bear matrix coordinates different from those I assigned; they bear the coordinates of the basic matrix regardless of how I chose to rename them. A bigger problem is that it appers there is no way to reference the proper comment from any given ...

Corrupted Personal.xls file in Excel 97 ??
Oops! This is a correction to the subject of my previous posting. Please excuse me. =========================================================== I am using Excel 97. As of a few days ago, every time I start Excel I get a dialogue box that says "Personal.xls is being modified by Milt" (that's me) and giving me three choices: (1) Open the Personal.xls as a Read Only file, (2) Notify me when it becomes available, (3) Cancel. No matter which choice I take, the same dialogue box appears the next time I start Excel. The only way I have found to stop getting that dialogue b...

SumProduct over multiple sheets
Hello The below formula does one sheet. I have ten. Is there a way to have it sum all ten for me that does not require a long formula Thanks for your help =SUMPRODUCT(('Line7'!$C$15:$C$114=C7)*('Line7'!$G$15:$G$114='Numbers'!$S$9)*('Line7'!$AF$15:$AF$114)) I'd use 10 different formulas. Then sum them in an eleventh formula. In fact, if you put each of those formulas in a dedicated cell (say A1 of each individual sheet), you could use a formula like: =sum('line1:line10!a1) As long as all the other sheets are between line1 and line10. Jack wr...

Excel Date Format of MMM/YY
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel When I enter a date in the format of MMM/YY it saves ok but if you then look in tools and calculator I have found that it creates a formula of 2004 and when you copy this over to a Windows based PC it displays incorrect dates. How do I turn off this apparent formula creation. I live in UK and have settings to UK Don't let the info in the Calculator mislead you. It's simply confirming that the workbook you're in is employing the 1904 Date System which is the default in Mac Excel. Dates in Mac Exce...

2003 Excel Macros Run Slowly
I upgraded to Office 2003 and have a macro in one of my spreadsheets. When I execute this macro it runs very, very slowly i.e. mulitple minutes vs 2 sec on Office 2000. Is there anything I should be doing to improve the speed? Regards, Ed Close excel, clean up your windows temp folder. set calculation to manual, run your code, reset it to what it was. Turn screenupdating off when you start and on when you finish. turn the display of pagebreaks off when you start. Lots of my macros have this at the top: Dim CalcMode As Long CalcMode = Application.Calculation Applicatio...

Vlookups to Excel Version 3 files.
I use a system that on a daily basis creates an Excel version 3 file containing cost centers and their budgets. When I do vlookups from other Excel 97 files to this file it takes a long time for the sheet to calculate. If I save the Excel V3 file as Excel 97 its OK, and if the Excel V3 file is open before the 97 file its OK. I don't want to have to constantly save the V3 file as 97 (I may not be around to do that always) Does anyone know how to resolve this. Thanks Naz ...

Could Excel be used as accounting software?
If so, any tutorials. (I don't want to learn or bky quick books) I jus want to keep tabs on business expenses and I would rather not do it o paper -- Freddy_Kruge ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Freddy_Kruger's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2962 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=52382 Theoretically yes but practically no. There a lot of other softwares particularly databases that could do a lot than Excel. These include SAP,Oracle etc., Are you saying that excel wou...

print layaway receipt on second printer (letter size)
Hi again, I was wondering if there is a possibility to print a layaway receipt automatically on a second defined printed (with a letter size receipt), thus without having to confirm (or deny) printing to a second printer (the option which is set in POS Manager, Register Properties, Receipt Printer, option button: "print receipt only after asking the cassier) pampers, In the registers properties you can setup receipt printer 1 and receipt printer 2. Setup Receipt Printer 1 as your receipt printer and then Receipt Printer 2 can be your full page printer. You can tell it to print one...

Inserting Columns in Excel
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: intel I have just switched from a Dell to an Imac. I have such a basic question. I cannot insert rows or columns. It says something like can't shift data off of page. Any ideas? On 7/8/08 10:47 PM, in article 59b539bd.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "Ex_Windows_User@officeformac.com" <Ex_Windows_User@officeformac.com> wrote: > Version: 2008 > Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) > Processor: intel > > I have just switched from a Dell to an Imac. I have such a basic question. I > cannot...

Excel front ends to Access Database
We are in the process of converting all our old 95 databases and I have one with excel front ends. Upon converting the DB to Access 2000 and reentering the Excel front end the DB is unrecognized. Any suggestions? Thanks! ...

how to create button commande to refresh data in query in excel 2.
I have a excel spreedsheet that contain external data. I would like to put a button in the excel sheet to update the sheet without doing right click and refresh. My user here are very dummies. Jean Francois If this is external data then bringing it in should launch the external data toolbar. They will only need to click the exclamation (!) mark. Seems like re-inventing the wheel. If you must then put a button on the worksheet and assign it to this macro Sub refreshdata() Dim wks As Worksheet Dim qryTab As QueryTable Set wks = ActiveSheet For Each qryTab In wks.QueryTables qryTab.Refr...

I need complete idiot proof excel setup database help. please
I need to learn all about Excel and how to make a database.. I have read and read and done practise tutorials but I just cannot grasp the concept, it completely goes over my head everytime. I am quick to learn when I am being shown or told exactly what to do, can anyone help me learn all about Excel.. ? The first thing you need to know is that Excel is not a database application, and while it is commonly used for databases, it doesn't do them well. Expecting a database developed in XL to be "complete idiot proof" is setting yourself up for disaster. Without knowing any...

Menu Maker and Excel 2007
Hi all I see that John Walkenbach's Menu Maker doesn't require much modification to work with the QAT. Is there a similar method for building a custom Ribbon tab or group? Thanks in advance Paul Martin Melbourne, Australia Hi, Check out Mike's menu builder for 2007. http://www.datapigtechnologies.com/freeware.htm Cheers Andy -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info "Paul Martin" <melbournefilm@gmail.com> wrote in message news:40c5f73c-9e78-43f5-b4fd-d3f84097837c@f20g2000vbl.googlegroups.com... > Hi all > &...

How to tell Excel to recalc, unconditionally, now?
It's easy to invalidate an Excel 2002 workbook, putting it into a recalc-required state, yet Excel fails to do it. For example, I have a worksheet with thousands of UDF calls (=MyUDF(Param)). If I make an edit whose only impact is to change the value(s) of the UDF params, that kind of edit seems too oblique for Excel and it won't recalc. (Or if calc is set to Manual, the Calculate flag doesn't appear, so pressing F9 does nothing. Nor does toggling Manual/Automatic calc. Even if you set calc to Automatic, save and reopen the WB, it stays UNCALC'ed.) Yes, I know I could, say: ...

fonts printing
I installed Publisher 2002. When attempting to print a publication, the graphics and numbers print, but none of the text. Is this caused by a corrupt font? How do I know, and how do I correct this problem?? Help Please ! Thanks. DR Because I'm not a guru like some of the others, I would take ONE page, change the font, and then try printing that page alone. If the problem is still there, it's not the font. I know it's not very "scientific" but it generally works. -- The problem with resting on your laurels is that eventually you are sitting on dead branches. J...

Excel 2007 sorting bug?
If an Excel 2007 sheet (#1) has formula referenced cells to another sheet (#2), and if the column in sheet (#2) containing the referenced cells is then A-Z sorted on the value then the original references in sheet #1 get lost as they are now pointing to different cells. Is this an Excel 2007 bug? Why after the sort does the relative position not move so keeping the correct references?. I have not used $ in the cell address. Beemer No, this is not a bug. If you have cells on Sheet1 pointing to other cells on Sheet2 with a direct reference like =Sheet2!B1, then if you change the c...

Quote Printing Question
Has anybody modified the MS CRM quote so when it is printed is shows all the line items. many thanks in advance I tried to get this working but decided that there was a bug in the mail-merge process. Unless anyone else knows any better? Feridun On Thu, 27 Apr 2006 16:06:01 -0700, AxaptaGuy <Axapta@noemail.noemail> wrote: >Has anybody modified the MS CRM quote so when it is printed is shows all the >line items. > >many thanks in advance > Feridun Kadir ------=_NextPart_0001_53534200 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hello all, Does this ...

Calculate Formulas in Highlighted Cells Only--not whole sheet
In office 97 I was able to recalc only the cells highlighted (control + L) as opposed to the entire sheet or workbook. In Excel 2002, how do I recalc only the cells I have highlighted? Thanks I don't recall this shortcut in xl (any version). I'm guessing that you had a macro that did something special. In xl2002, you could use a macro like this (assigned to ctrl-shift-l) Option Explicit Sub testme() Selection.Calculate End Sub But I think I've read posts that calculating a single range can be bad--it can screw up the calculation dependencies. I think that Charles Will...

how do i make it so that when a sheat is selected either via link or tab, that xlLastCell is selected. the last on the sheet.
how do i make it so that when a sheat is selected either via link or tab, that xlLastCell is selected. the last on the sheet. In VBA Editor, create a module. Paste this there Option Explicit Dim X As New EventClass Public Sub Auto_Open() Set X.App = Application End Sub Then, insert a Class Module, rename it to EventClass, and paste this there: Option Explicit Public WithEvents App As Application Private Sub App_SheetActivate(ByVal Sh As Object) Sheets(Sh.Name).Select ActiveCell.SpecialCells(xlLastCell).Select End Sub It should work (XL2000). "Daniel" <...

Having some problems saving excel files
I had a Excel file that was worked on using a Office XP machine, and know it is back on my Mac. Know everytime I save I keep on getting this message everytime using Office 98 for Mac. "This file was created using a later version of Microsoft Excel. If you save this file using Microsoft excel 98, information created with features in the later version may be lost." I have tried the following. 1) Saving as a new file and renaming it 2) Saving as Excel 5.x, and then back to Excel 98 3) deleting the Cell comments that I created in Excel XP, and redoing them in Excel 98 Thank...

Importing CSV files into excel
Just a suggestion, but I don't see where anyone would ever want their imported data changed by default. How about having CSV files import to format TEXT by default and letting the user decide if he wants to make changes instead of making changes that cannot be undone by default. (the "general" formatting that changed all your numbers around) I've given up on using Excel to look at my data files that contain numbers, instead using wordpad and 3rd party freeware to edit data. Minutes instead of seconds to import a file that has dozens of columns of fixed width - lead...

How do I get rid of the PERSONAL.XLS sheet from a workbook?
Everytime I want to "X" out of excel, I always have to also close the PERSONAL.XLS sheet Normally the Personal file is hidden If you use Windows | Hide then you will never need to close it again OR you could locate it in the XLSTART folder and just delete it - hope it has no macros that you need to use best wishes -- Bernard Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme "Arencia" <Arencia@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9E91F069-881E-4D83-A224-8B4E78365949@microsoft.com... > Everytime I want to "X" out of...

Excel 2007 ERROR MSGS
I am using the Trial Office 2007. I have no problems with the other programs, but when I open Excel 2007 I get the following msg: MS Visual Basic Compile Error in Hiidden Module: AutoExecNew When I try to close the program I get this error: MS Visual Basic Compile Error in Hidden Module: DistMon Does anyone know what this means and how I can fix it? Thank you. Google is your friend http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&aq=t&ie=UTF-8&rlz=1T4GFRD_en___US219&q=autoexecnew http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&aq=t&ie=UTF-8&rlz=1T4GFRD_en__...