My places Bar

Hello,

I am using office 2003, Recently I noticed that the "my places" bar has 
disappeared. I have looked everywhere on how to put it back and have had no 
luck. I have done registry entries with no luck. I did not install any recent 
software. I have also tryed to repair office aswell. 

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

0
Utf
1/14/2010 6:42:01 PM
excel.misc 78881 articles. 5 followers. Follow

8 Replies
845 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 30

I do not think the "My Places" bar is a default toolbar, but rather a custom 
toolbar that you (or a predecessor) installed. Perhaps the file for it got 
deleted?
-- 
Best Regards,

Luke M
*Remember to click "yes" if this post helped you!*


"Rviv" wrote:

> Hello,
> 
> I am using office 2003, Recently I noticed that the "my places" bar has 
> disappeared. I have looked everywhere on how to put it back and have had no 
> luck. I have done registry entries with no luck. I did not install any recent 
> software. I have also tryed to repair office aswell. 
> 
> Any thoughts?
> 
> Thanks,
> 
-1
Utf
1/14/2010 6:52:01 PM
Thanks Luke for responding. This is the my places bar that is to the left of 
the window when you click on open or save as. I have seen many documents on 
how to add or remove Icons in this area, but nothing on how to restore it if 
it becomes missing. If I click on open file with in excel (or any other 
office application) I do not see an area for the my places bar. I thought it 
may be some file(s) that are missing, but a repair/reinstall of office did 
not fix the problem.

Thanks,

RViv

"Luke M" wrote:

> I do not think the "My Places" bar is a default toolbar, but rather a custom 
> toolbar that you (or a predecessor) installed. Perhaps the file for it got 
> deleted?
> -- 
> Best Regards,
> 
> Luke M
> *Remember to click "yes" if this post helped you!*
> 
> 
> "Rviv" wrote:
> 
> > Hello,
> > 
> > I am using office 2003, Recently I noticed that the "my places" bar has 
> > disappeared. I have looked everywhere on how to put it back and have had no 
> > luck. I have done registry entries with no luck. I did not install any recent 
> > software. I have also tryed to repair office aswell. 
> > 
> > Any thoughts?
> > 
> > Thanks,
> > 
0
Utf
1/14/2010 7:02:01 PM
You're sure you're using xl2003, right?  This was new in xl2002.

If you do a file|open and then click on Tools|Add to "My Places"
does anything change?

I didn't try any of this stuff out, but I did search google for:
registry tweak myplaces
(one word for myplaces was intentional)

There were lots of hits including one that pointed to an MSKB article:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/826214

You may want to do a little googling to see if you can find anything specific
for your version of excel and windows.

ps.  Back up your registry before you modify it.  Then you can just restore that
backup if you mess things up.

Rviv wrote:
> 
> Hello,
> 
> I am using office 2003, Recently I noticed that the "my places" bar has
> disappeared. I have looked everywhere on how to put it back and have had no
> luck. I have done registry entries with no luck. I did not install any recent
> software. I have also tryed to repair office aswell.
> 
> Any thoughts?
> 
> Thanks,

-- 

Dave Peterson
0
Dave
1/14/2010 7:43:06 PM
Dave,

Thanks for the reply. I am using office 2003 stanard to be specific. This 
problem just showed up last week. I did not do anything on the machine. I 
have looked at the KB article and also scoured the internet trying to find a 
solution with no luck. So I thought I would try to post this. 
one thing I noticed is when trying some regisrty enteries ( on a virtual 
machine) I could make all the items dissappear in the my places bar with the 
exception on one icon. Once I put in the DWORD value of "show" all item would 
appear. Also my registry on te problem Pc matches the registry on the virtual 
PC. I dont not beleive that my problem is with the registry ( or at least in 
this area of it). I am at a loss with this. 

Thanks for looking!

Rviv

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

> You're sure you're using xl2003, right?  This was new in xl2002.
> 
> If you do a file|open and then click on Tools|Add to "My Places"
> does anything change?
> 
> I didn't try any of this stuff out, but I did search google for:
> registry tweak myplaces
> (one word for myplaces was intentional)
> 
> There were lots of hits including one that pointed to an MSKB article:
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/826214
> 
> You may want to do a little googling to see if you can find anything specific
> for your version of excel and windows.
> 
> ps.  Back up your registry before you modify it.  Then you can just restore that
> backup if you mess things up.
> 
> Rviv wrote:
> > 
> > Hello,
> > 
> > I am using office 2003, Recently I noticed that the "my places" bar has
> > disappeared. I have looked everywhere on how to put it back and have had no
> > luck. I have done registry entries with no luck. I did not install any recent
> > software. I have also tryed to repair office aswell.
> > 
> > Any thoughts?
> > 
> > Thanks,
> 
> -- 
> 
> Dave Peterson
> .
> 
0
Utf
1/15/2010 2:08:01 AM
If you find a solution, please post back.  Then google will have it for the next
person.

Rviv wrote:
> 
> Dave,
> 
> Thanks for the reply. I am using office 2003 stanard to be specific. This
> problem just showed up last week. I did not do anything on the machine. I
> have looked at the KB article and also scoured the internet trying to find a
> solution with no luck. So I thought I would try to post this.
> one thing I noticed is when trying some regisrty enteries ( on a virtual
> machine) I could make all the items dissappear in the my places bar with the
> exception on one icon. Once I put in the DWORD value of "show" all item would
> appear. Also my registry on te problem Pc matches the registry on the virtual
> PC. I dont not beleive that my problem is with the registry ( or at least in
> this area of it). I am at a loss with this.
> 
> Thanks for looking!
> 
> Rviv
> 
> "Dave Peterson" wrote:
> 
> > You're sure you're using xl2003, right?  This was new in xl2002.
> >
> > If you do a file|open and then click on Tools|Add to "My Places"
> > does anything change?
> >
> > I didn't try any of this stuff out, but I did search google for:
> > registry tweak myplaces
> > (one word for myplaces was intentional)
> >
> > There were lots of hits including one that pointed to an MSKB article:
> > http://support.microsoft.com/kb/826214
> >
> > You may want to do a little googling to see if you can find anything specific
> > for your version of excel and windows.
> >
> > ps.  Back up your registry before you modify it.  Then you can just restore that
> > backup if you mess things up.
> >
> > Rviv wrote:
> > >
> > > Hello,
> > >
> > > I am using office 2003, Recently I noticed that the "my places" bar has
> > > disappeared. I have looked everywhere on how to put it back and have had no
> > > luck. I have done registry entries with no luck. I did not install any recent
> > > software. I have also tryed to repair office aswell.
> > >
> > > Any thoughts?
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> >
> > --
> >
> > Dave Peterson
> > .
> >

-- 

Dave Peterson
0
Dave
1/15/2010 1:38:17 PM
Rviv, you may want to check this free solution:

http://www.softwarecandy.com/shop/downloads/free-customize-my-places-bar

I use this all the time and works not only for Excel but all my XP
programs.

As Dave said, if this solves your problem please post back.

Jorgan


On Jan 14, 9:08 pm, Rviv <R...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> Dave,
>
> Thanks for the reply. I am using office 2003 stanard to be specific. This
> problem just showed up last week. I did not do anything on the machine. I
> have looked at the KB article and also scoured the internet trying to find a
> solution with no luck. So I thought I would try to post this.
> one thing I noticed is when trying some regisrty enteries ( on a virtual
> machine) I could make all the items dissappear in the my places bar with the
> exception on one icon. Once I put in the DWORD value of "show" all item would
> appear. Also my registry on te problem Pc matches the registry on the virtual
> PC. I dont not beleive that my problem is with the registry ( or at least in
> this area of it). I am at a loss with this.
>
> Thanks for looking!
>
> Rviv
>
> "Dave Peterson" wrote:
> > You're sure you're using xl2003, right?  This was new in xl2002.
>
> > If you do a file|open and then click on Tools|Add to "My Places"
> > does anything change?
>
> > I didn't try any of this stuff out, but I did search google for:
> > registry tweak myplaces
> > (one word for myplaces was intentional)
>
> > There were lots of hits including one that pointed to an MSKB article:
> >http://support.microsoft.com/kb/826214
>
> > You may want to do a little googling to see if you can find anything specific
> > for your version of excel and windows.
>
> > ps.  Back up your registry before you modify it.  Then you can just restore that
> > backup if you mess things up.
>
> > Rviv wrote:
>
> > > Hello,
>
> > > I am using office 2003, Recently I noticed that the "my places" bar has
> > > disappeared. I have looked everywhere on how to put it back and have had no
> > > luck. I have done registry entries with no luck. I did not install any recent
> > > software. I have also tryed to repair office aswell.
>
> > > Any thoughts?
>
> > > Thanks,
>
> > --
>
> > Dave Peterson
> > .

0
jlimerman
1/17/2010 11:36:15 PM
Solved!!

I have the help of a fellow microsoft person figure this one out. and I am 
posting it here so if it comes up for others they can fix it.

1.	Exit whatever Office applications you have running
2.	Open regedit.exe (go to run and type in regedit.exe)
3.	Navigate to 
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\comdlg32 
on the left
4.	On the right you should see a NoPlacesBar value with data set to 1
5.	Right click on NoPlacesBar and delete it


Rviv

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

> If you find a solution, please post back.  Then google will have it for the next
> person.
> 
> Rviv wrote:
> > 
> > Dave,
> > 
> > Thanks for the reply. I am using office 2003 stanard to be specific. This
> > problem just showed up last week. I did not do anything on the machine. I
> > have looked at the KB article and also scoured the internet trying to find a
> > solution with no luck. So I thought I would try to post this.
> > one thing I noticed is when trying some regisrty enteries ( on a virtual
> > machine) I could make all the items dissappear in the my places bar with the
> > exception on one icon. Once I put in the DWORD value of "show" all item would
> > appear. Also my registry on te problem Pc matches the registry on the virtual
> > PC. I dont not beleive that my problem is with the registry ( or at least in
> > this area of it). I am at a loss with this.
> > 
> > Thanks for looking!
> > 
> > Rviv
> > 
> > "Dave Peterson" wrote:
> > 
> > > You're sure you're using xl2003, right?  This was new in xl2002.
> > >
> > > If you do a file|open and then click on Tools|Add to "My Places"
> > > does anything change?
> > >
> > > I didn't try any of this stuff out, but I did search google for:
> > > registry tweak myplaces
> > > (one word for myplaces was intentional)
> > >
> > > There were lots of hits including one that pointed to an MSKB article:
> > > http://support.microsoft.com/kb/826214
> > >
> > > You may want to do a little googling to see if you can find anything specific
> > > for your version of excel and windows.
> > >
> > > ps.  Back up your registry before you modify it.  Then you can just restore that
> > > backup if you mess things up.
> > >
> > > Rviv wrote:
> > > >
> > > > Hello,
> > > >
> > > > I am using office 2003, Recently I noticed that the "my places" bar has
> > > > disappeared. I have looked everywhere on how to put it back and have had no
> > > > luck. I have done registry entries with no luck. I did not install any recent
> > > > software. I have also tryed to repair office aswell.
> > > >
> > > > Any thoughts?
> > > >
> > > > Thanks,
> > >
> > > --
> > >
> > > Dave Peterson
> > > .
> > >
> 
> -- 
> 
> Dave Peterson
> .
> 
0
Utf
1/20/2010 10:30:03 PM
Thanks for posting back.



Rviv wrote:
> 
> Solved!!
> 
> I have the help of a fellow microsoft person figure this one out. and I am
> posting it here so if it comes up for others they can fix it.
> 
> 1.      Exit whatever Office applications you have running
> 2.      Open regedit.exe (go to run and type in regedit.exe)
> 3.      Navigate to
> HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\comdlg32
> on the left
> 4.      On the right you should see a NoPlacesBar value with data set to 1
> 5.      Right click on NoPlacesBar and delete it
> 
> Rviv
> 
> "Dave Peterson" wrote:
> 
> > If you find a solution, please post back.  Then google will have it for the next
> > person.
> >
> > Rviv wrote:
> > >
> > > Dave,
> > >
> > > Thanks for the reply. I am using office 2003 stanard to be specific. This
> > > problem just showed up last week. I did not do anything on the machine. I
> > > have looked at the KB article and also scoured the internet trying to find a
> > > solution with no luck. So I thought I would try to post this.
> > > one thing I noticed is when trying some regisrty enteries ( on a virtual
> > > machine) I could make all the items dissappear in the my places bar with the
> > > exception on one icon. Once I put in the DWORD value of "show" all item would
> > > appear. Also my registry on te problem Pc matches the registry on the virtual
> > > PC. I dont not beleive that my problem is with the registry ( or at least in
> > > this area of it). I am at a loss with this.
> > >
> > > Thanks for looking!
> > >
> > > Rviv
> > >
> > > "Dave Peterson" wrote:
> > >
> > > > You're sure you're using xl2003, right?  This was new in xl2002.
> > > >
> > > > If you do a file|open and then click on Tools|Add to "My Places"
> > > > does anything change?
> > > >
> > > > I didn't try any of this stuff out, but I did search google for:
> > > > registry tweak myplaces
> > > > (one word for myplaces was intentional)
> > > >
> > > > There were lots of hits including one that pointed to an MSKB article:
> > > > http://support.microsoft.com/kb/826214
> > > >
> > > > You may want to do a little googling to see if you can find anything specific
> > > > for your version of excel and windows.
> > > >
> > > > ps.  Back up your registry before you modify it.  Then you can just restore that
> > > > backup if you mess things up.
> > > >
> > > > Rviv wrote:
> > > > >
> > > > > Hello,
> > > > >
> > > > > I am using office 2003, Recently I noticed that the "my places" bar has
> > > > > disappeared. I have looked everywhere on how to put it back and have had no
> > > > > luck. I have done registry entries with no luck. I did not install any recent
> > > > > software. I have also tryed to repair office aswell.
> > > > >
> > > > > Any thoughts?
> > > > >
> > > > > Thanks,
> > > >
> > > > --
> > > >
> > > > Dave Peterson
> > > > .
> > > >
> >
> > --
> >
> > Dave Peterson
> > .
> >

-- 

Dave Peterson
0
Dave
1/20/2010 11:12:02 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

show value as percentage in stacked bar graph
I work for the Court and I am trying to show the percentage of 2 types of cases (CC and SP) to the total judicial caseload, in five different separate locations, on one graph. I developed a stacked chart which shows the values (number of cases) of each type (CC or SP) per location. I was also able to also show the value only of the total number of cases (CC + SP) and keep the original chart format without adding a third stack on top by entering a third series as the total value, but making this series transparent and aligning the total value at bottom of stacked series of CC & SP...

button bar event handling?
I created a MFC app that uses ODBC to access a database. I can't figure out what methods the buttons end up calling. I used the classwizard and it says the handler is OnRecordNext. I added a method OnRecordNext to the view, but that doesn't get called. ...

My Network Places
For some reason, when I click on Start | Run | Browse, My Network Places is not one of the options to Browse. My Network Places is on the desktop and works normally. The options available are My Recent Documents, Desktop, My Documents, and My Computer. It's a fresh build of XP on this machine, so I've probably forgotten to configure something. msnews.microsoft.com wrote: > For some reason, when I click on Start | Run | Browse, My Network > Places is not one of the options to Browse. My Network Places is on > the desktop and works normally. The options available ar...

My Bar Graph is getting chopped off
I have a bar graph and my last data point has been cut in half becuase the category x-axis ends. How do I extend out the x-axis so I don't chop off half of my last bar? Right click on x-axis (to open Format Axis menu) Open Scale tab Place check in "Value (Y) axis crosses between categories best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "Alexis" <Alexis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9101CFB8-3CA5-4429-A3EF-AF5DCE697BA7@microsoft.com... >I have a bar graph and my last data point has been cut in half becuas...

place cards or tent cards
i see the card stock for these. but i do not see the stocks as an option when i try to do them in word or publisher. does this make sense? help! In Publisher, first set the stock size with File, Print setup then the File, Page setup. -- Don - Publisher 2000� Vancouver, USA "strawberryangel83" <strawberryangel83@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C872A1FE-105E-43DB-AC94-25E366F3C634@microsoft.com... >i see the card stock for these. but i do not see the stocks as an option > when i try to do them in word or publisher. does this make sense? help!...

population pyramids using bar charts with a secondary axis
I have a problem that I had given up as unsolvable, but after recently learning about secondary axes, I've made encouraging progress. However, I'm stuck on the last step(s), and I'm hoping that someone will have some suggestions. My organization has been producing reports that contain population pyramids. In the past, all of their reports have been printed, so it didn't matter that in order to get the desired look, they had to use two charts slightly overlapping each other. However, we are getting to the point where we would like our charts to be available online for download....

Missing Formula Bar
I am no longer able to enable my Formula Bar. Under the View menu, I can check Formula Bar but the bar is not visible either when this option is checked on or off. I am running Microsoft Excel for Mac Service Release 1 with Office v.X 10.1.5 Update. Try this Sub test() Application.DisplayFormulaBar = True End Sub I don't know if this is working for a Mac?? -- Regards Ron de Bruin (Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2002 SP-2) www.rondebruin.nl "Barrie Thomson" <sandbthomson@look.ca> wrote in message news:1dee01c3882a$ecb64cc0$3501280a@phx.gbl... > I am no longer able to ...

Move a dialog based application without the title bar
Hi, I have created a dialog based application without a title bar, and want to move the dialog using the left mouse button. I tried MoveWindow nut the window was streching instead of moving !!! Can anyone help me please? >I have created a dialog based application without a title bar, and >want to move the dialog using the left mouse button. >I tried MoveWindow nut the window was streching instead of moving !!! MoveWindow can resize and move the window, so you've got a coding problem. If you use SetWindowPos you can specify the SWP_NOSIZE option to have it ignore the cx & c...

Pivot table total decimal places rounding
The totals in my pivot tables have too many decimal places. I total -$1,025.31 and $1,023.87 and the result is $1.43999999999994 in the total cell of the pivot table but I need just $1.44 I have formatted the table as currency and using 97. Pivot tables can lose their formatting if the data is refreshed. Reapply the formatting, and make sure that 'Preserve formatting' is checked (under PivotTable>Table Options). AM wrote: > The totals in my pivot tables have too many decimal places. > I total -$1,025.31 and $1,023.87 and the result is > $1.43999999999994 in the to...

Bar chart with secondary axis
I am currently using Excel 2002 on a Windows XP system. I am trying to create a bar chart with 2 series and a secondary axis. The bar chart looks fine with the two series side by side. Then I open the second series and set it to a secondary axis, the chart preview looks correct with the series still side by side. I hit OK to complete the operation and Excel stacks the chart and does not look like the preview at all. Can anyone tell me if this is working as intended or am I running into a bug here. Is there a workaround for this issue? TIA George Hi George - When the series are on di...

Linking a Bar Chart
I have a bar chart linked into my active worksheet. The linked bar chart is based upon data that is using a named range - specifically using the offset formula function. I used this formula to automatically update the chart based upon the new month's data. However, my active worksheet will not update any changes to the linked bar chart. When I try to update it manually I get the message that says: "The name you specified is defined as something other than a rectangular cell reference". Anyone ever see this? Any thoughts on how to work around this? Brian - What is ...

Add a drob down list box to the tool bar?
I'm working with Microsoft Visual C++ 6.0. The software I'm working on has a main window that brings up other windows when you click on various buttons on the tool bar. I need to add a drop down list box to the tool bar to select between 2 different modes. How do I go about adding a drop down list box on the tool bar? -Lee Browning Don't you mean a combo box? There are good samples in toolbar section of codeguru. -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com "Lee ALICEngineer" <LeeALICEngineer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9620EAA...

Stacking Single Bar Graph
Need to find a graph that stacks a series of values in one bar. I know that the stacking graphs should work, but I can't seem to figure out how. For example, $100 total with $25 for Susie, $50 for Bill, $15 for Jane, and $10 for Mark. Each of these need to have separate manipulatable colors and text. Thanks in advance. Enter the names and amounts in adjacent columns on the worksheet: Susie 25 Bill 50 Jane 15 Mark 10 Select a cell in the list, and click the Chart Wizard button Select the Column chart type, and the Stacked column subtype Click Next On the Data Range tab, select Series ...

Tools Icon on Excel Menu Bar Missing
I don't know what I did, but the Tools Icon on my Excel (2000)Menu bar has gone missing. I've even tried re- installing Office 2000, but I didn't get it back. Can anyone help? You can reset your menubar to default Right click on the menubar and choose customize Under Toolbars select the worksheet menubar and click on reset on the right You lost the things you add to the menubar!! -- Regards Ron de Bruin (Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2002 SP-2) www.rondebruin.nl "GHO" <olsongh@boone.net> wrote in message news:014a01c34f9e$d4cdf3c0$a101280a@phx.gbl... > I don'...

keeping calendar and folders in navigation bar
ol03. i have navigation bar open. i click on calendar button (small icons) at bottom and calendar opens showing several months. i then click on 'folder list' icon, and folders show on navigation bar with current month still at top. that is perfect. except if i click on one of the folders, the month disappears and folders take up the whole nav. bar. isn't there a way to keep calendar and folders open at same time? ...

Filtering the todo bar
Is it possible to show all uncompleted items and items completed in the past week? I can't seem to figure out how to do this. Thanks You can use tag searching to show unchecked boxes - I blogged about this last week at http://blogs.msdn.com/johnguin/archive/2009/12/17/tag-summary-and-other-test-cases-for-tags-in-onenote.aspx I don't think there is a way to tell which tags were modified in the last two weeks, though. You could possibly write a powertoy to dig this information out, but I don't think it would be trivial... -- Thanks, John Guin OneNote Test T...

stacked bar chart #4
I have a chart that has dates, (month,year) as the y axis from 1/2003 thru 4/2006. The x axis is 3 of 15 (top 3) of a series of data. My question is can the bars be displayed so that the highest valued data is on the top/bottom of the bar and vice versa. I can't enter the data differently because each month it is not always the same top 3 and I need to keep the color coding. Thanks. ...

fx in Formula Bar
Hi, I've used quite a lot Excel 2000 and now I'm using Excel 2003. In the formula bar, there is the "fx" to insert a function. In Excel 2000, it used to be "=". Is there a way Excel 2003 to show "=" instead of "fx". Thanks PeteD No, it's one of the more missed things.. -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "PeteD" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:017a01c3ae2d$b5f835d0$a001280a@phx.gbl... > Hi, > > I've used quite a lot Excel 2000 and now I'm using Excel > 2003. In the formula bar, ...

Trendline on stacked bar graph
Hello How can you add a trendline to a stacked bar graph? Thanks -- Joni ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Joni's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=13596 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=513635 Keep in mind that a stacked chart depicts a sum of one or more series, not just each series. Trendlines only work on individual series. You could either generate trendlines for each series on a non-stacked basis, or you could add dummy line chart series to the stacked column chart...

LOST: Formula bar
I used to have a formula bar, which included a window showing which cell I was using and the contents of a cell (formula or numbers). I've lost it. How do I get it back? Hi Stephen View>Formula Bar on the Worksheet menu bar -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "Stephen Esrati" <stevsta@ameritech.net> wrote in message news:Iygcc.11368$SQ5.9753@newssvr15.news.prodigy.com... > I used to have a formula bar, which included a window > showing which cell I was using and the contents of a cell > (formula or numbers). I've lost it. How do I get i...

How to disable the scroll bar in CSCrollView
Hi, I want to display the scroll bar in the CScrollView derived windows, but if there is no need to scroll I want the scroll bar is disabled, is it possible to do this? Thank you! ...

possible to hide the Service bar on left?
Hi, Is there a way of hiding the Service bar in the left hand pane from selected users? TIA Yes, simply click on Workplace bar, then just above click on "personalize Workplace" then tick on or off what you need "GP" <GP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:83B2FE0B-6E07-4B93-81F0-390AE930071A@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > Is there a way of hiding the Service bar in the left hand pane from > selected > users? > > TIA ...

Horizontal Scroll Bar Does Not Scoll
Good evening, I do help desk work and I have a user that is unable to scroll to the right in Excel. It doesn't matter if it is a new spreadsheet or an existing spreadsheet. Same symptoms. I am unable to find an settings that would cause this so not sure where to go with it. Has anyone seen this before? ...

vertical vs horizontal error bars excel 2007
> Where do you differentiate if you want vertical or horizontal error bars? > When I go to more options and select custom, it always chooses either > vertical or horizontal for me (often incorrectly). Also, it sometimes says > it is doing vertical error bars and then actually makes horizontal ones. > Help anyone? This has bugged me as well; the new error bar interface is incomplete and confusing. I don't know why they took it out of the Format Series dialog. If you go to Chart Tools > Layout tab > Analysis group > Error Bars dropdown > More Error Bars...

Putting scroll bars on chart sheet
Hi, Does anyone know if it is possible to add scroll bars onto a chart sheet? Thanks for any suggestions. Hi, You can add the scrollbar from the Forms toolbox, as opposed to the Control toolbox. Cheers Andy Charles wrote: > Hi, > > Does anyone know if it is possible to add scroll bars onto a chart sheet? > > Thanks for any suggestions. > > -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info Hi Andy, Thanks for the reply, but that doesn't work. The tool box becomes grayed out. CEC "Andy Pope" <andy@andypope.info> wrote in me...