My hide sheet option in excel is not working

My hide sheet option in Excel is not working. It is grayed out so I can not
toggle nor use it to hide or unhide sheets. Security is at Medium - would
appreciate any insight into how to fix this.

Is the sheet protected? You cannot hide a protected sheet.

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"arleen" <arleen @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> My hide sheet option in Excel is not working. It is grayed out
> so I can not
> toggle nor use it to hide or unhide sheets. Security is at
> Medium - would
> appreciate any insight into how to fix this.

0
chip1 (1821)

excel export available
I have a query that I wish to export the results to Excel. However, the Excel button on the Export Data tab is grayed out? It used to work. Any ideas of what makes the Excel Export unavailable? Thanks, Mike ...

Creating an Excel table from Access
Hi, I have an Access database which I use to log downtime for systems. I have a requirement to produce a monthly report based on this data, however, this needs to be exported to excel in a specific format. Down the left side of the report need to go the names of the services, with the days (numerically like: 1, 2, 3 .. 29, 30 etc) across the top. Then I need to count the number of times each service was down on a give day, and insert that information into the necessary cell - so if intranet services had been down twice on 16th March, for example, there would be a 2 in column 16, whi...

Excel data disappeared after getting message about compatibility M
I tried to save changes to a spreadsheet, and received the following message: "Compatibility Report for New Customer List.xls Run on 4/6/2010 19:52 The following features in this workbook are not supported by earlier versions of Excel. These features may be lost or degraded when you save this workbook in an earlier file format. Minor loss of fidelity Some cells or styles in this workbook contain formatting that is not supported by the selected file format. These formats will be converted to the closest format available." I clicked OK, because fidelity is not imp...

Split Forms
Is it at all possible to hide the Data Sheet portion of a split form at run time in 2007? The only solution I have found is to play with the SplitFormSize property, but I am afraid that it does not support different display sizes. Any suggestions ? Thanks ...

Work out overtime hours for individuals #2
Hi All I have a question which i am hoping someone will eb able to help me with, i have a spreadsheet which contains infromation for part time hours worked during the course of a month for individuals (e.g. below) Name Start End Hours Persona 1:30 2:30 1 Persona 3:30 4:30 1 Persona 9:30 11:30 person b person b person c person c person d etc etc What i need is a formula that will allo wme to add an extra column which gives me the total hours person a worked, person be worked and so on. The original data contains multiple lines (i.e persona could have 10 lines, personb15 lines etc etc), and...

Excel working in with Outlook
I have Office 2007 so obviously Outlook 2007 and Excel 2007. I have made up a newbie's Excel spreadsheet for my business. One thing to open that has my entire financial year's data in it and my car logbook. One thing I am going to add to it is parts. I want to know when parts need to be re-ordered so will set a level where I want Excel to show up basically something like a "reorder now" warning. However, I am often in a hurry, record the event and don't look at the outcome until I have some time, late at night. At that time, reordering becomes a nightmare. Is ther...

Hiding KB976002 results in security warning
Windows XP SP3 Windows update allows you to hide an update you don't want to install. Of course I have hidden KB976002 which is presented as a critical update but is not a security update and is only needed when the user wants to have it. However, now Windows Update complains that I have hidden a critical security update and that my computer will be in great danger until I restore this update. This is of course incorrect. KB976002 is not a security update. Please update the Windows Update site so that KB976002 can be hidden without further messages and incorrect warnings...

Unsupported but working: CR w/external ODBC
CRM SERVER 1) Copy crdb_odbc.dll to the Crystal Decisions Bin directory along with all the other cr*.dll (Programs/Common/Crystal Decisions/2.0/BIN) I believe 2) Create ODBC for external datasource on CRM SERVER - make sure you use Windows Authentication DEVELOPMEN 1) Create ODBC for external datasource while developing report. Same name/settings as ODBC on CRM SERVER GOOD LUCK! PS crdb_odbc.dll comes with the licensed Crystal Reports - if you do not have your own Crystal Reports you do not have this .dll thanks for posting kristina...useful information -- John O'Donnell ...

Excel Formulae #2
Hi, I have a spreadsheet with value in one column & a series of dates in 5 other columns.For each row depending on the value in the first colunm a date may be applicable in one or more of the other columns.e.g 550 in the first column will mean dates will be inserted in the next 2 columns similar to authority levels. My qn. is how can I show what's outstanding if the relevant authority levels have not signed off-basically this is used as a tracker of invoices & I would like to show what is outstanding awaiting approval at anytime. Thanks Raj ----------------------------------...

Add a Word Document as a Tab in an Excel Document
I work on several documents that require both worksheets and written reports - being able to add a word document as a new tab in Excel would be a neat way of integrating the two into one file for storing/printing/emailing. Maybe... http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,4149,5224,00.asp "Office Binder: Gone but Not Really" PC Magazine article, January 29, 2002 by M. David Stone on using Binder in Office XP Jim Cone San Francisco, USA "GoDamN" <GoDamN@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5F814119-2FA1-4BA6-92EB-C524C8C3820C@microsoft.com... > I work on s...

Custom lists from different sheets
Hi to all, I want to create a custom list from linked data from other sheets. Lets say we create the list on 'sheet10' and the values will be taken from: 'Sheet1!A1' , 'Sheet2!A1' , 'Sheet3!A1' ect....and i want the list to continue till 'Sheet9!A1'. I tried to drag the first three link cells (on sheet10),in order to create the list but the next cells didnt jump to: 'Sheet4!A1',Sheet5!A1'.... Does somebody knows the answer.... Thanks in advance Hi One way is to link your formula to the row number, and use this to increment your sheet numbe...

Querying Excel data without another program
Hello, I'm an intermediate user of Excel, but I have lots of experience using Access. If you can give me clues on how to handle the information below using only Excel, I'd be grateful! I have a spreadsheet in Excel 97 in which there's a Worksheet named, "Datasource" with a column "B" containing repetitive data. I'd like to create a new worksheet in the same Excel file which shows a single instance of each item used in Column "B". If I were writing the query in SQL, I'd say "SELECT DISTINCT [Column B] FROM [MySpreadsheet]![Datasource...

Excel is not counting
merry x'mas In excel 2003, i entered a number in a column and dragged down the rows to count the consecutive numbers automatically, but it was just copying the same number instead counting. How to change so as to count? -- Life isa journey not a destination Do the same while holding the CTRL Pressed. Micky "Sherees" wrote: > merry x'mas > In excel 2003, i entered a number in a column and dragged down the rows to > count the consecutive numbers automatically, but it was just copying the same > number instead counting. How to change so as to...

Excel 2003 - VBA
Hi, What is a simple way to check to see if a sheet of a given name is present in a workbook? Thanks, Craig Dim Sht as object set sht = nothing on error resume next set sht = activeworkbook.sheets("somesheetnamehere") on error goto 0 if sht is nothing then msgbox "nope" else msgbox "yep" end if Craig Brandt wrote: > > Hi, > > What is a simple way to check to see if a sheet of a given name is present > in a workbook? > > Thanks, > Craig -- Dave Peterson Dave: Thanks for the quick response. Works like a champ, Craig &q...

Random Sampling in Microsoft Excell 2002
Hi, I'm trying to create a random sample using the Data Analysis tool in Excell. The problem I'm having is that I can't figure out how to make a non-repeating sample. I want all the observations in the sample to be unique. How do I do this without manually deleting the repeat entries on the output worksheet? next to the entries, put in the formula =Rand() then drag fill down the column. Sort the data and this column with this column as the key. Then take the top "n" items. Regards, Tom Ogilvy "EJ Ford" <edseljoe@earthlink.net> wrote in mess...

Import contacts from Excel
I have numerous contact lists with various categories and wondered if i can import them into an email distribution list so that i do not need to hand type each email? thanks "angie" <angie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:64042F86-62E0-4D42-B9CE-49C134DB4B7B@microsoft.com... >I have numerous contact lists with various categories and wondered if i can > import them into an email distribution list so that i do not need to hand > type each email? You can't import into a DL. Instead import into your Contacts and assign categories to ...

How to lock a line put on a graph in excell
I am trying to attach a line to a graph with months on the X axis. When I add additional months I want the line to stay in between the original months, however, it always moves as the graph expands. Drawing objects cannot be linked to specific values of chart axes, unless you incorporate them as series in the chart. Try the techniques here: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/AddLine.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com _______ "Dennis" <Dennis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:336...

Integrated My Day Options?
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: Exchange In the Windoze Outlook client, you can create sidebars with tasks, upcoming appointments, etc. I used to have it organized almost identical to My Day but as a sidebar on the right of the main window. <br><br>In Entourage, it seems like the only way to do this is have 2 windows open ... Entourage Mail view and My Day. Is there any possible view config to allow me to see tasks and appointments in the Mail View? On 2010-03-26 09:17:37 -0400, craigtone@officeformac.com said:...

Sheet lookup
Hello, I have values that I would like to look up on different sheets rather than the same one, so I can't use vlooup(). So far I have been defining named ranges, but my formula is getting too long. Here is what I do: SUM(IF(ISERROR(VLOOKUP($A3,mar_03_batting,COLUMN(C$1)-1,FALSE)),0,VLOOKUP ($A3,mar_03_batting,COLUMN(C$1)-1,FALSE)),... Basically, see if the name can be found on the sheet, and if it can, add the vlookup'ed value in. On another note, why is vlookup() designed to return an error rather than a number?? That's my number 1 hated "feature" of excel. Tha...

No Smart Tag help: just a blank "MS Excel Help" window
When I invoke "help on this error" on a Smart Tag drop-down, a blank "MS Excel Help" window appears with no content. The general help pane that appears via <F1> etc. is fine - it's just the Smart Tag help option that doesn't show anything, just a blank window. Any suggestions? Win XP Home SP2 Excel 2003 (11.6355.6360) SP1 ...

how do why update my Excel microsoft office
how do why update my Excel microsoft office If you have office 5, you probably would want to update -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "sam" <sam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2D951DBF-43DE-4C65-8CAC-B4E73DC572FD@microsoft.com... > how do why update my Excel microsoft office ...

Synchronize data across 2 sheets
Hi all Excel 2007 Workbook with a sheet called 2010 around 700 rows/records and a sheet called Previous around 5000 rows records. Both have 31 columns and identical column headers On the 2010 sheet there are records that have changed, how do I get the changed records details onto and overwite the same record on the Previous sheet. Not sure if it would help but each record has a unique reference number. How do i do this ? Hope this makes sense thanks for any help offered Hi If you know which colums are to be changed I would use vlookup function. Vlookup(lookup valu...

Email Help: Sending Outlook email from Excel VBA
Hi All, How do I select a specific property in outlook while sending email from excel? There is an option we can set in outlook outgoing emails call "Voting buttons" in that feature there is a custom option that we can select called "Have replies sent to" its a checkbox. I want it checked when i send an email from excel. Hope i made it clear. Thanks in advance If sending through the Outlook Object Model, use the MailItem.VotingOptions property and MailItem.ReplyRecipients collection. -- Dmitry Streblechenko (MVP) http://www.dimastr.com/ OutlookSp...

running excel in background
I'd like to run a program that writes values from one cell to another with a VBA program that is triggered by the clock. I've completed this part but, since I use active cells, you can't run another workbook without the clock activating the cell in the active worksheet. It needs to run in the background all day long. - ideas? will it run in the background if I don't activate cells? Try launching another instance of Excel. -- Earl Kiosterud mvpearl omitthisword at verizon period net ------------------------------------------- "Don" <thedonallen@yahoo.com&g...

How do I export email addresses from excel to outlook?
I am trying to do a mail merge using email via outlook. I have 200+ addresses and I'd like to know how to import the addresses into the contacts section of outlook to do the merge from there. I've tried the help part of out look but it comes up saying that the excel file has no named ranges and that I should use excel to name the range of data to be imported. Any help much appreciated. Thanks Mark In outlook select file/import export/ import from another program or file/ and then follow the instructions from the wizard. Why do you want to do the mailmerge from Outlook? You can...