My document opens but all I see is a grey screen.

When I open my file it asks to enable the macros and I say yes.  Then it
shows opening file at the bottom. However when this is complete and says
ready all I have is a grey screen like when you close your document but have
Ecel open still.
0
stuck (10)

Hi,

One thought (and only a thought).  Try doing Windows, Arranged, Tiled.  This
could bring the workbook back.  The reason could be that the person saving
the sheet had (say) two screens, Excel across both of them and had the
workbook on the right hand screen when they saved it.  If you have only one
screen then the workbook is open, but is positioned where you can't see it.

HTH,

David Jessop

"stuck" wrote:

> When I open my file it asks to enable the macros and I say yes.  Then it
> shows opening file at the bottom. However when this is complete and says
> ready all I have is a grey screen like when you close your document but have
> Ecel open still.

How does one view a document created in Publisher.
I have gotten a document (calendar) in .pub format. Word does not recognize it. Is there a viewer? What's the link? I have Office 2000 with the converters installed. Collins wrote: >I have gotten a document (calendar) in .pub format. Word > does not recognize it. Is there a viewer? What's the > link? I have Office 2000 with the converters installed. ==================================== There is no viewer for Publisher files. Maybe you could ask the sender to convert it to a .pdf file. Or you could order the Trial version of Pub2003... which will still function as a viewer a...

Opening Screen in 2007
Using Office 2007 When one of my users open Publisher, she sees a "Getting Started With Publisher" screen when she must choose "blank page size" and then navigate through all the blank page sizes that are available to find the standard 8 1/2 by 11. This happens every time she launches Publisher. Another user opens Publisher and immediately has a blank page that is 8 1/2 by 11 and is ready for typing. I have looked under Tools / Customize and Tools / Options to find the place to uncheck the getting started screen as the opening screen. Cannot find what I'm loo...

New Workbook When Opening Excel
Hi, Somehow I've lost my "new" workbook when I open excel. It opens with grey in the workbook space and Getting Started on the right. I'd like it to open with a new workbook ready to go, no Getting Started, but can't figure out how. Thanks. Marti Check to see if you have a workbook in your XLStart folder. If you do, move it (or delete it??) Marti wrote: > > Hi, > > Somehow I've lost my "new" workbook when I open excel. It opens with > grey in the workbook space and Getting Started on the right. I'd like > it to open with a n...

Opening/linking .xlsx files
I have had trouble linking new .xlsx files to my existing .xls files. Excel would shut down. So I started saving all my files in the old .xls format. I recently created a new file using .xlsx, but when I try to reopen it, Excel shuts down. Any suggestions??? -- Jim Are you able to open Excel 2007? Try to create a new file and reopen it. If this does not work then try... Close Excel first and On the Windows Taskbar 1) Start->Run-> excel.exe /unregserver ->OK. 2) Start->Run-> excel.exe /regserver ->OK. See the space between exe and /regserver You might have to design...

Long delay in opening New Message windows
My Windows mail has recently developed the problem of taking 10 seconds or more just to open a create new message window. How do I fix this? Did you add any 3rd party software into the Add Ins -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. "Jembeaux" <Jembeaux@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A58C3591-9431-4BDF-8D32-9ACE1E12D41E@microsoft.com... > My Windows mail has recently developed the problem of taking 10 seconds or > more just to open a create ne...

Configuration restarts each time an Office module is opened
Hi All I am going quite mad. I have installed Microsoft Office Home and Student 2007 on one Vista notebook. Well and good. I try it on another notebook, register it successfully and now each time I open Word it tries to perform a setup again, with a Configuration Progress dialogue popping up. A few decades later Word appears. There is absolutely no indication what the problem may be. Any ideas are welcome. Cheers Andre Never mind. Problem solved. The registry needed manual editing. "J Andr´┐Ż Labuschagn´┐Ż" <technical@eduadmin.com> wrote in messa...

set a reminder to print or edit in an excel document
Is there a way to set a reminder to print part of a workbook or edit a workbook on a certain day. I need to print and edit a workbook on a certain day at a certain time, but I can never remember to do this. Is there any way of setting a reminder alarm or notification. Thanks > Is there a way to set a reminder to print part of a workbook or edit a > workbook on a certain day. ... If you have Excel, you might be using Outlook also. Both are part of Office 2003. Outlook has a "calendar" feature that pops up reminders the user can schedule. I use it all the ti...

Is there a way to have 2 Outlook email accounts open at the same .
Currently I have to close one email account before checking my second email account, which I do all day long and is a bit of a nuisance. Please help! There's got to be a way that I can keep both open and just click on the bar on the bottom of the page to go from one to the other with ease ... please tell me how to do that! Thank you!!! -- Diane It's so easy to do, I'm sure that's why you missed it. Tools > Email Accounts... > Add the other accounts. Each will show in the same Outlook window, but in different PSTs. bondg "Diane" <Diane@discuss...

Supressing Errors on my Screen
Hi, I am running a script against a list of 165 servers. Part of the reason I am running this script is to see if I can connect to all of them. In many cases I can not. I get a screen full of Bright red Error messages. Is there any way to suprpress these errors? The command I am running is: $OS = Get-WmiObject "Win32_OperatingSystem" -computername ($strComputer) If ($OS) { $WS.Cells.Item($rRow, 2) = "Online" $WS.Cells.Item($rRow, 3) = $OS.Caption } Else { $ws.Cells.Item($rRow, 2) = "Pings" ...

Greying out a menu-bar item
Hi. I wish to greyout a menu bar item, eg "File" or "Edit". Normally not at problem to grey out things under the menu, eg "Undo" or "Save". So I go: void CInterfaceSDIDoc::OnUpdateOptions(CCmdUI* pCmdUI) { pCmdUI->Enable(FALSE); } But it doesn't work! The menu doesn't work, but it's not greyed out. Ideas? You could try getting the m_pMenu out of pCmdUI and explicitly call m_pMenu->EnableMenuItem(id, MF_GRAYED | MF_DISABLED). -- Please do not send e-mail directly to this alias. This alias is for newsgroup purposes only. This...

Publish a document in Adobe
Hi, I have a publisher file that i want to go on the web with Hyperlinks and all. I want it to be an Adobe file so that no one can edit it. Is this possible or is there a better way of doing this function? JudyT Adobe Reader v6.05 (?) "recognizes" email addresses and URLs without any intervention on your part. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] ~~~~~ How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 "JudyT" <JudyT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7E4B860A-553D-4850-B016-CB3CB3BDC536@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > I ...

Opening E-mail with excel attachment
I cannot open excel files people send me through e-mail it asks to check if path and filename are correct and that I have all the libraries required, i have excel97...can someboby please help m Try this first In Microsoft Excel 97, on the Tools menu, click Options. Click the General tab. Clear the Ignore Other Applications checkbox, and click OK. -- Regards Ron de Bruin (Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2000-2003) www.rondebruin.nl "jay" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5B135A4B-65A9-47FB-BDA1-A884C31BAC55@microsoft.com... > I cannot open excel files peo...

XLSX Files Will Not Open
Using Windows 7 / Excel 2007. I can open old xls files using Excel 2007 but can not open any xlsx files. When I select an xlsx file to open, a new blank worksheet opens instead of the selected file. The "ignore other applications" box is unchecked as recommended in other posts and I have re-installed Office. Neither solved the problem. Please help. Kind regards, -- Windog ...

why Can't i open a .eml attachment
I think that EML files need either Outlook Express or Windows Mail to open. Normally those are installed on a system. If you save the file to your hard drive can you double-click on it to open it? "steved25" <steved25@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D9CC357B-D502-4776-AAB7-6EE325F59758@microsoft.com... > what happens when you try? do you have google desktop search installed? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.s...

Excel97--Each workbook opens new application
Excel 97: Each xls file opens a separate copy of Excel. How do I get multiple workbooks to open in one application? Jim Tools>Options>General. Uncheck "Ignore other Applications" Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Mon, 19 Jan 2004 16:27:39 -0800, "JimL" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Excel 97: Each xls file opens a separate copy of Excel. >How do I get multiple workbooks to open in one application? ...

Open Close workbooks
HI I have a workbook that user's use to input changed data each day into severval different worksheets, once data is entered they have to save it as filename(date) what I need is a macro that will close the saved workbook and re-open the original. eg saved worksheet is tallysheet28-8-05 original workbook tallysheet Hi bbc1 Look in the VBA for SaveCopyAs Your origenal workbook stay open and a copy will be saved with the name you want Dim wb As Workbook Set wb = ActiveWorkbook wb.SaveCopyAs "C:\" & wb.Name & " " & Format(Now, "dd-mm-yy h-mm-ss"...

Workbook with macros hangs up when opening, only with certain user
Chip Pearson has some notes about startup problems at: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/StartupErrors.htm Ron516 wrote: -- Dave Peterson ec35720@msn.com ...

Trying to get a type of video file format to open and run on my we
I created a video using Windows Movie maker and saved as .wmp file. I saved it to my computer and then inserted on my web page under Front Page 2003. Nothing! I then converted the file to avi format - still nothing! I then tried mpeg4 still nothing. The manual is next to useless on this subject. Anyone tell me what I need to do so that when a user opens up the page the video plays automatically. -- Simon Holloway Save as a .wmv and insert a suitable player into the page. For IE only, Insert->Web Component->Advanced Controls->ActiveX Control Click Next Choose Window...

attachment greyed out and can't open
In Outlook, when I receive an email with an attachment, the attachment is greyed out and it says that OE has blocked the attachment. Is there a security checkbox or something that can be reset so I can receive my attachments? open outlook express and select tools | options | security tab. uncheck the second box from the top concerning attachments. "Paula" <paula@wsadvantage.com> wrote in message news:0c6901c36bcc$98b7ab20$a401280a@phx.gbl... > In Outlook, when I receive an email with an attachment, > the attachment is greyed out and it says that OE has > blocke...

Why can't I see my pictures?
I cannot see my pictures? I am using Microsoft Office Publisher 2003. -- Miss Jackson Manhattan, NY Ms. Jackson <Laurynwms@hotmail.com> wrote: >I cannot see my pictures? I am using Microsoft Office Publisher 2003. And you can't see your text either, right? Read the fourth FAQ here http://ed.mvps.org/Static.aspx?=Publisher/FAQs -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Ms. Jackson" <Laurynwms@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:7F3C0553-A0A5-464B-AC5C-9CB6DF494AA0@microsoft.com... >I ca...

can not open lib file
hi, if a try to compile a porgramm i get always the rror : LINK : fatal error LNK1104: Datei "TranslationController.lib" kann nicht geoeffnet werden --> can not open the lib ....waht do i hier wrong please....??? thnaks You need to locate the .lib file, and make sure msdev is looking for it in the right place by looking in Tools->Options + Directories tab. Jase "Marc" <rote_granit@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:013901c3c807$5a8f8fb0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > hi, > if a try to compile a porgramm i get always > the rror : LINK : fatal error LNK1104:...

using screen...
Hi, I have problem with the query in the cascade combobox when the form name change. Is there a way to replace the following using screen.activeform [Forms]![frmCoFundReview]![Partner] => screen.activeform.[Partner] ? SF Not that I know. You could use a separate query for each form. Each query would have the correct form name for the combo box. Jeanette Cunningham MS Access MVP -- Melbourne Victoria Australia "SF" <samnangs@pactcambodia.org> wrote in message news:u%23z%23g6iyKHA.2644@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > I have probl...

How do I recover a saved file that will not open in Publisher 2003
While working on a saved copy of a newsletter in Publisher 2003 a message came up asking what I wanted to do about: "Microsoft was trying to invade to give a message". The message was from Norton Internet Security ,hich stated to I should create a firewall (recommended) so that's what I pushed. Then Publisher closed down and asked if I wanted to send an error report. After Publisher closed, I can open up Publisher and any other document but not the file I was working on. Each time I try to open the file it automatically shuts down and asks if I want to send or not send a...

Can't open folders
Hi all, Whenever I try to open Outlook I get this error. "Unable to open your default email folders. Outlook could not start because a data file to send and receive mail could not be found. To add a data file, such as a personal folder, double-click the mail icon in control panel". And when I go thru the control panel icon it just tells me the file has been deleted. I first tried to repair Outlook with the CD, which didn't work. Then I tried to un-install and re-install, still no good. Is there anything I can do. Please help. TIA! Dan Version of Outlook? Does it star...

Error at Startup (Unable to open dictionaries)
I've just installed GP 8.0 on a new OS running WinXP. I've copied all of the files from the previous workstation (Win2k) to the new. I've also set up an ODBC connection for the client. After doing these two things I can finaly open GP & get the login screen correctly. However, not before getting 3 error messages. 1. Unable to open dictionary :C:PROGRA~1/MICROS-4/GREATP~1/CFM.DIC. 2. Same error different file /CFMFORM.DIC 3. Same error different file /CFMRPTS.DIC The files are listed in the GP directory. Not sure what I've done incorrectly as this is my first time i...