My cursor always in selection mode,wat about other cursor option

My cursor in excel is in standard type ,when i place the cursor below the
right side of the cell it doesn't its cursor option to (+) this  symbol so i
cant able to make a series via cursor mode

Do you see the little autofill button at the bottom right corner of the selected
cell?

If no, then in xl2003 menus:
tools|Options|edit tab|check "allow cell drag and drop"

If yes, I don't don't have a guess.

--

Dave Peterson
0

Open forum in add mode directly from desktop
Could somebody please tell me how to Open forum in add mode directly from desktop for the desktop or tell me where I can go for an answer THanks in advance!! While looking at your database, you can drag the form onto your desktop. If you click on that shortcut..then eh form will be launched. If you in design mode set the forms data entry property = yes, then the form will always open in add mode. You can also just right click on the mdb file, and go create shortcut. You then put that shortcut on the desktop. To have your form launch in add mode, you can create a macro and name it auto...

OWA access via HTTP mail? (or other bulk forward OWA option)
I have an Exchange account that is only accessible via OWA; they have disabled Exchange and IMAP access. They are running an older version of Exchange, probably 2000. I want to download/forward all the mail in the account. Is there a way that I can use the HTTP Mail account support in Outlook (2003) to access the account? Are there any other options? Thanks. Dan Yes, set the OWA URL as the server location. I believe it is an unsupported feature though. -- Roady [MVP] www.sparnaaij.net Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office related News Also Outlook FAQ, How To's, Downloads and more....

Auto Filter Multiple Selections
Is it possible to select more than 2 options using custom auto filter? I have a worksheet filled with contact names and the cities in which they live and would like the filter results to show 3 or 4 cities at a time. Is this possible? I have been playing with custom auto filter and so far I am only able to view two cities at a time. Any suggestions? Thanks Hi sbrimley The limit is 2 with Autofilter You must use AdvancedFilter to do it My add-in have 5 options http://www.rondebruin.nl/easyfilter.htm Maybe you like it -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "sbrim...

combo box selection to change subform
Hey Guys, I have a form, which has a combo box in it... I also have a subform which lists the assets we have.. I would like the subform to only show assets which match the selected combo box selection on click.. How can I do this? An example using list boxes to drill data down is at: http://www.accessmvp.com/Arvin/Combo.zip -- Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP http://www.datastrat.com http://www.mvps.org/access http://www.accessmvp.com "Jeffa" <Jeffa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D7F812CB-DC54-4BC4-B8AB-E437F0917B42@microsoft.com... > Hey Guys, > > ...

Change management
Thanks in advance. Some co-workers use a third party analysis tool built upon a complex, proprietary 2005 db. To assist their efforts to validate their inputs to this tool, I long ago created a some views in another db on the same server. The views join some 18 or more tables from the proprietary db. All the joined table names are fully qualified with the prefix 'dbname.dbo.' Also created were functions and sprocs that also reference the proprietary db. These views, sprocs, & functions are used by both an Excel application and by a DotNet app, i.e., they'r...

How to make the cursor stay in the cell when entering data.
I do not want the cursor to go to the cell immediately below the cell I have entered data in. I want the cursor to stay in the cell. Tools > Options > Edit > Uncheck Move selection after entry > OK HTH Regards, Howard "Comet" <Comet@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B6EF27C0-4F12-4E72-9FAE-93B79515AB1F@microsoft.com... >I do not want the cursor to go to the cell immediately below the cell I >have > entered data in. I want the cursor to stay in the cell. Tools - Options - Edit tab - uncheck the box "Move selecti...

Returned order of filename from a multi-selection CFileDialog
If I have a CFileDialog box and allow multiple selection, I can't figure out how the control arranges the ordering of the files that it returns. Files don't seem to be added to the list in the same order that they were selected, nor are they alphabetical. Clicking, ctrl-clicking, and shift-clicking all seem to add files to the list in a different way. Can anyone explain the algorithm that is used? I can't find any mention of it on MSDN. Thanks, Don Sanders The open (and save) file dialog from Comdlg32.lib allows you to provide your own "OFNHookProc" which allo...

sticky cursor
my cursor has increasingly become 'sticky' - it sits there & doesn't want to move, or it skips around. I 'release' it by alternately clicking right & left until it's mobile again, but it's happening more +& more often. rebooting doesn't help. Please advise. Thanks, ingrid weekend wrote: > my cursor has increasingly become 'sticky' - it sits there & > doesn't want to move, or it skips around. I 'release' it by > alternately clicking right & left until it's mobile again, but it's > happening m...

Brochure 4-fold option unclickable!!
I am seriously panicking here... I have less than a day to make a brochure for some school assignment. The draft on paper is done, I know what I'm going to write in it and all but I need to type the stuff up and insert the pictures. My plan is to make a 4-fold, and my teacher has okayed the draft when I asked him for feedback. The 4-fold option worked on the school computer, how come it doesn't work on mine? Both are MS Office Professional 2003. The links under 'Page size' ('3-panel' and '4-panel') have been grayed out. Why could this be? shimmer29 wrote...

How does Excel smooth chart data when smooth option is selected?
When I graph data in an Excel spreadsheet and select data series format, there is a check box for "smoothed line". I would like to know what type of smoothing is performed to produce the resulting curve. Thanks In article <36A7A9CE-4890-45A0-8CAF-2FAA2F770EAB@microsoft.com>, Larry@discussions.microsoft.com says... > When I graph data in an Excel spreadsheet and select data series format, > there is a check box for "smoothed line". I would like to know what type of > smoothing is performed to produce the resulting curve. Thanks > Visit Brian Murp...

Select Items by supplier from a blank PO
Is there a way to query items from specific suppliers while creating a blank PO? The wizard does not seem very accurate and sometimes creates no POs based off my criteria even when I know there are items linked properly to suppliers. Marc, Maybe its the parameters you are using for the items/suppliers. Make a test item with the proper Reorder point and Reorder Qty, make sure you have the supplier listed for the item. -- * "Marc Arbesman" <MarcArbesman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:23803CE1-D806-4AFB-A9C4-76E2B9A0DB1E@microsoft.com... Is there a way...

Multi choice list box and two ALL selection
Hello. I have a pop-up form that has 2 list boxes. I want to do 3 things. On the list boxes, I want to make them multi-choice list boxes. Second, I want to make a selection of "all" for both list boxes. And last, I would like to have the text boxes default to the all selection, if possible, until another selection is made. The list boxes are: CarList EventList They are populated by tables - Automobiles - Car Table and Automobiles - Action Taken Table, respectively. Finally, they run through query called AutomobileSearch. Thanks for the help. To make your list multi-select, ...

Windows XP reverts from the classic windows display mode.
I prefer the old WindowsXP display, but just now it has changed spontaneously to the technicoloured garish blue style. I have tried the Start Button properties radio-button selection option but it refuses to go back! Please help, Frank In article <O6255dyjKHA.1536@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl>, fm@general.com.au says... > > I prefer the old WindowsXP display, but just now it has > changed spontaneously to the technicoloured garish blue > style. > > I have tried the Start Button properties radio-button > selection option but it refuses to go...

Outlook command line options
We are writing an application and want to use the outlook calendar to provide scheduling support. How can we open outlook and have it start in calendar mode? Or, can we call the calendar applet directly without going through outlook? If so, how? TIA, Mike McBride Open Outlook and on the Other tab from Tools->Options, select Advanced and set Outlook to open in the calendar folder from the dropdown. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to my actual account will be deleted w/out readin...

Selecting the font size matching the control's height
Hello, I have an array of labels, which height changes in relation to the form's height (form is resizable). What will be the best method of selecting the labels caption font size? Thanks, Claire On 7 Feb, 04:46, "Claire" <replyto@fra> wrote: > Hello, > =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 I have an array of labels, which height changes i= n relation to > the form's height (form is resizable). > What will be the best method of selecting the labels caption font size? > Thanks, > Claire Might be an answer here http://www.dreamincode...

'Email via Mail Merge' option missing -again, please, help
No 'Mail Merge' options (email, Letter) in the Create Quick Campaign Wizard are there. I am using the Outlook client, the option 'Enable Direct E-mail via Mail Merge' is selected in System settings, approptiate roles are assigned. Outlook and web client use differenet URL, they are not running at the same time (just Outlook is running). I deleted all cookies and closed all Explorer windows - nothing helps :-(( Is your Outlook and Word the same release? ie. You have both Outlook 2003 and Word 2003? "zen" wrote: > No 'Mail Merge' options (email, L...

Odd text cursor
Hello all. Sometime Ihave the need to include special characters, such a vowel with an accent. I do this by pressing Alt key and typing in ASCII using the numeric keypad. The problem is that sometimes I miss a key or a number and the special character does not display, but the vertical bar cursor changes in that a small triangula flag pointing left appears at the top of the text cursor. I have tried to duplicate this behavior unsuccessfully. Does anyone know what this text cursor indicates and why the flow and control of text behaves in a different way? By "different way" ...

How can I change which cell is selected next, other than Down, Le.
I know there should be a simple answer to this question, but I can't find it on the "Help" menu. Hi Bethany tools / options / edit "move selection after enter" -- Cheers JulieD check out www.hcts.net.au/tipsandtricks.htm ....well i'm working on it anyway "Bethany" <Bethany@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:50CD805D-F385-4457-9363-5C3A3EF7825D@microsoft.com... >I know there should be a simple answer to this question, but I can't find >it > on the "Help" menu. tools->options->edit and select one of...

Moving the cursor in a CEdit Control
What's the proper way to programmatically move a CEdit control's cursor? I've attempted to call SetFocus and then SetCaretPos, but this doesn't seem to work. Any Ideas? Thanks, Jeff CEdit::SetSel() -- Cheers Check Abdoul [VC++ MVP] ----------------------------------- "J. Mullins" <jmullins@ccs.neu.edu> wrote in message news:3bd86067.0407300722.6574b0d0@posting.google.com... > What's the proper way to programmatically move a CEdit control's > cursor? I've attempted to call SetFocus and then SetCaretPos, but > this doesn't seem...

Default playback/recording device selection.
Is there a way to set the default playback and recording device on Windows Vista programmatically? Are there any APIs or any other method? ...

POP email is always tracked?
We have a user that sends and receives his POP email through Outlook. All of his outbound email is tracked in CRM even when "Track All Email" is turned off. Is there another setting to check or is this an issue when using POP accounts? We need to know how to not track all of his outbound email. Thanks, Scott We have users that use POP3 also, their email tracking is acting normal like users that use Exchange. The setting is the same for controling tracking CRM email. Is it V3C? Frank Lee, Microsoft CRM MVP Workopia, Inc. http://microsoft-crm.spaces.live.com "Scott...

No option to "send mail to contact" from OWA Public contact folder
We have a 2003 Exchange server and have a public folder which contains a shared contact list for our company. The option to "Send Mail to contact" is greyed out. The server has been in a couple of months and replaced a 2000 Exchange Server. I could have sworn we had the ability to send from the public contact folder in the earlier version. Do I need to make any configuration changes to get this to work? ...

What function to select the last 3 small values from a list ?
Does anyone know how to select the last 3 small values from a list? such as a list {1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9} then reture the last 3 small value {1,2,3} Thank you for any suggestion Eric On Fri, 30 Dec 2005 17:31:03 -0800, "Eric" <Eric@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Does anyone know how to select the last 3 small values from a list? such as >a list {1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9} >then reture the last 3 small value {1,2,3} >Thank you for any suggestion >Eric The SMALL worksheet function will do that. The specifics depend on the nature of your list and the result specificati...

Option to have the Allow Sales Documents Commitments Default as Ma
Customer would like the 'Allow Sales Documents Commitments' option default as marked in Purchase Order Entry. I used modifier to check the box automatically after a po number is entered. Robert "anonymous" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C0531B8B-BBA4-4B7D-8BF8-C27B851929BC@microsoft.com... > Customer would like the 'Allow Sales Documents Commitments' option default > as > marked in Purchase Order Entry. ...

Poster Size, Designing in landscape mode
Publisher will not let me design in landscape mode when I am trying to create a poster (24x36"). Has anyone figured a way to work around this? Does the default printer allow you to print something that size? -- JoAnn Paules Microsoft MVP - Publisher "Sebastian" <Sebastian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C2C25217-B6CD-44B1-8678-A43B608930B4@microsoft.com... > Publisher will not let me design in landscape mode when I am trying to > create > a poster (24x36"). Has anyone figured a way to work around this? What version Publisher? I...