my column headers has changed to numeric from alphabetcal order #2

I have come across strange problem ..my column names has chnaged to numeric
from alphabet and now none of my formulaes  work as all the cell names show
up as R1C1 , R1C2  and so on...

Anyone knows what have i messed up ???
0
annie (51)

Hi Annie,

Try:

Tools | Options | General Tab | Uncheck R1C1 reference style.

---
Regards,
Norman

"Annie" <Annie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have come across strange problem ..my column names has chnaged to numeric
> from alphabet and now none of my formulaes  work as all the cell names
> show
> up as R1C1 , R1C2  and so on...
>
> Anyone knows what have i messed up ???

0
normanjones (1047)

Finding merged cells #2
Sorry for posting 2 messages with ref to the same problem but I am in dire need of a solution... I seem to have a problem due to cells in a worksheet being merged, how can i identify these cells? Many thanks, Rick Excel version? If you have 2002 or 2003 you can use Edit, Find, Format (and specify merged cells), Find All. -- Jim Rech Excel MVP "R D S" <ricknewsgroup@members.v21.co.uk> wrote in message news:385u2aF5kslgkU1@individual.net... | Sorry for posting 2 messages with ref to the same problem but I am in dire | need of a solution... | | I seem to have a problem d...

How do I seperate 1 page into 2 in MS Publisher 2003?
I have created a "Newsletter" for my company in Publisher 2003. It is all 1 page and I would like to seperate it into 2 so that the print break doesnt happen in the middle of text boxes. Also how can I convert the "newsletter" into a printer friendly format. Some people are unable to print it correctly so I would like to send it out as a more printer friendly format. I did try converting it to a PDF but it was then 26mb which is too big to email obviously. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank You WolfMaster <WolfMaster@discussions.microsoft....

Workbook prints as 2 separate print jobs
When sending an Excel workbook consisting of 1-10 worksheets and choosing the Print Entire Workbook option, the print job prints as though it were two different print jobs sent to the printer. This happens when choosing a Xerox printer-copier, and also when choosing to print to Acrobat Distiller. Any fixes? Suggestions? Thanks. -- Alice. ...

2 different accounts
Me and my wife, we have both an email account, at the same server. My wifes computer is broken and I would like to make also for her a separated account in my windows mail on my computer. I have made a new account for her emailadress but now all her mails come in my mailbox. Is there a solution to split the accounts?? You can have up to 32 email accounts in Windows Mail. However, Windows Mail does not have identities like Outlook Express did. By default, all email from all accounts goes into the same Inbox.=20 There are four different ways of changing that: 1. Use separate Windo...

Customization Questions #2
We have some functuionality qs... The prospect will have a centralised Contacts DB managed in CRM. They are a law firm and hence more than 1 laywer will be associated with a Contact in the CRM contact base. They need a Customization which will allow them to select and add multiple lawyers (AD/CRM users) against a particular contact, So that when they open a contact form - there may be a button which when clicked can show them the AD users associated with the particular contact.Right now we only have the Owner in the admin tab... We hope this is possible by creating a look up to add CR...

Page Formatting Preferences Seem To Have Changed
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Using Word 2004 for Mac version 11.5.6 - For example, I cannot make one line align center with Georgia font and then drop a couple of lines and switch to left alignment and Arial font. Whatever change I make, whether what I am seeking to change is highlighted or not, the entire document changes. <br><br>This used to work fine so it seems like a preference must have changed but I can't figure out how to change it back. Really, really appreciate some advice! Thanks!! You have mistakenly enabled &qu...

How to change pivot table source database?
How can I change the source database for a pivot table in an Excel spreadsheet. Our database server has been changed and when I create a new dsn pointing to the correct server, I get an error message indicating that the query on the old server is still trying to be used. Thanks, Steve This should work for you (?) Open the pivot table and click on it. Menu - Data/Pivot Table report. Click the Back button on the Wizard dialog that appears and connect t the new data source -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

How do I generate random, non-repeating numbers that don't change?
I'm setting up a spreadsheet that tracks names and generates random, non-repeating four-digit ID#'s. Is it possible in Excel 2000? The usual way to generate non repeating random numbers is to make a complete list of the possible numbers use =RAND() in and adjacent column, then sort both columns by that auxiliary column and read of the desired number of values from the first column. Jerry bsquared0 wrote: > I'm setting up a spreadsheet that tracks names and generates random, > non-repeating four-digit ID#'s. Is it possible in Excel 2000? ...

how to change default delivery location to my new pst file
dear all. my user has outlook 2000 sp3 running on windows 2000. i have change the default delivery location to my new pst file in account manager, but it did not work, new email is delivered to old pst file. do you have any idea on resolving this issue?? Try renaming the old .pst to .old and then retry it when Outlook is opened - point it to the new .pst file. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, sf= asked: | dear al...

Cell text color change
I'm trying to get the text color in a cell to change (to red) if the formula in that cell produces a value above a certain ammount... Could this be done? Look at Format>Conditional Formatting -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Steffen" <Steffen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BC53FC5B-81DD-4872-BDCF-A56B42C24159@microsoft.com... > I'm trying to get the text color in a cell to change (to red) if the formula > in that cell produces a value above a certain ammount... > > Could this be done? ...

Mail merge & Publisher #2
When I try to choose a source for the mail merge and I choose a data base file that is a Microsoft Excel comma seperated value file or a Microsoft Excel worksheet. I always get a window that pops up that says... "This operation cannot be completed because of dialog or database engine failures. Please try Again later." Any help would be really appreciated. See if updating your MDAC components and Jet helps Microsoft Data Access Components (MDAC) 2.8 SP1 http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=78cac895-efc2-4f8e-a9e0-3a1afbd5922e&DisplayLang=en Jet 4.0 Servi...

Duplicate Mailbox in Outlook 2003 #2
I am running Outlook 2003 on a Windows XP SP2 machine. Outlook is configured to connect to an Exchange 2003 server. Under the "All Mail Folders" in Outlook 2003, it lists my mailbox twice - one with the Outlook Today icon and one with the Personal Folder icon (even though it is not a personal folder). Clicking on either one displays the exact same contents and folders. I tried going into the email account options to see if I can remove the duplicate account but there is only one Exchange account is listed. I am not running Outlook in cached mode. I do have a PPC I sync with...

Is there a way to change the effective date on EFT transmit files?
I'm trying to determine if there is a way to adjust the effective date that is located on the transmit file for EFT file transmissions. Our transmit files show the current date as the effective date for our batches. We'd like to see a day or 2 later. I believe the location of this "effective date" is between characters 70 and 75 on the 5 record (company/batch header for all entries). ...

Moving between multiple columns quickly
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) I am trying to move across a spreadsheet from one end (column z) back to column A or last cell with data in it without having to tab all the way. on my pc I would use &quot;end&quot; and an arrow key but my mac keyboard does not have an &quot;end&quot; key. How do I do this? You can use Command + arrow key on the mac. ...

How do you combine two columns to one? Help!!!!!!
I have address numbers in column A and street names in column B, I want to combine all of both columns into one without going through the whole process for each individual cells. HELP!!!!!! "sttrumpet" <sttrumpet@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F72E43CE-CA99-4CD0-BCA1-85EFADCB459D@microsoft.com... > I have address numbers in column A and street names in column B, I want to > combine all of both columns into one without going through the whole process > for each individual cells. HELP!!!!!! Use the fuction =A1&B1 in cell B1 Drag the function ...

$997 PROFIT PER ORDER #3
See how I make $997 per deal and don't even have to talk to a prosect. www.0to20k.com ...

Hotfix 1.2.0183
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=896347 Hi to all! Today my partner send me the new hotfix of Store Operation.. the 1.2.0183 .. but the hotfix isn't available into support.microsoft.com Anyone know what contain new hotfix? Thank you Antonio Addresses possible problems with Eltron Label printers. Pretty light hotfix! -- Glenn Adams Tiber Creek Consulting http://www.tibercreek.com glenn@tibercreek.com ---------------------------------------------- Please DO NOT respond to me directly but post all responses here in the newsgroup so that all can share the information "Anto...

Change theme colors in Excel
Working in the Excel 2010 Beta version, but I think it's the same in 2007... How can I change the theme and/or standard colors? I can find the colors I want with "more colors" but I have to add to recent colors EACH time I use Excel. Any way to change default settings for the color palette? ...

How to disable triggers for changes made by specific session?
Hi, We have built an SSIS custom destination component that uses SQL Server native OLEDB provider to perform INSERT/UPDATE/DELETE on an SQL Server destination table. We want the target database trigger not to be activated for changes made through this custom component. In addition: * The triggers on the target cannot be disabled as they are needed for other users of the target. * The triggers code can't be changed to conditionally do nothing within the trigger. We couldn’t see any option in OLE DB for disabling triggers for a particular OLE DB connection or command. Is t...

Out of Office Question #2
I have Out of Office Assistant turned on and want to reply to all messages with a certain email. So I use a Rule and create a tempate with a check in the box 'Reply.' The problem is, when the mailbox recieves a message, it sends 2 emails back to the sender. One with the subject line that reads "Out of Office AutoReply: [email title] -." Also it sends the correct one based on my template. How do I prevent the first one from being sent? Office 2000 running via an Exchange server. Thanks for the help in Advanced! -Amon Amon Borland <AmonBorland@+nospam+gmail....

Prevent functions from changing when new rows are added
I have a worksheet configured as a timesheet, where each row represents a task performed. For any given day, I track the task(s) performed and the hours spent on each task, and there are many functions in the worksheet. The worksheet contains the following columns: Column A: blank column (not used for anything). Column B: series of dates (with a blank row in between each date). Column C: tasks performed, manually entered. Column D: hours worked on the task. Column E: hours worked for the week. There's a function in each cell where, if it's Sunday, a sum of the week's...

syncronise betwin 2 PC's ???
Hi I use two PC's a stationary and a laptop and Outlook 2000 and 2002(XP) and can't remember anymore what is where Is it possible to syncronise the two which at home is connected in a LAN so I have everything (concerning Outlook) on boath of them -- erik Denmark Take a look here, it may help: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/sync.htm --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.c...

Changing default font for all comments
Can I change the default font for all comments in a worksheet? Hi see: http://www.contextures.com/xlcomments02.html#Default -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "abbylulu2" <abbylulu2@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:8DEB7970-21EA-45B3-98C4-209E56F315BE@microsoft.com... > Can I change the default font for all comments in a worksheet? ...

why do pictures and text change size on printing?
making birthday card , which i have done many times, but when trying to print, the pictures and text are reducing in size from 168% to 99% . what am i now doing wrong ? ...

Paste Cells in Column A to Columns B-K
Hi All, I was wondering if someone can help with writing an Excel Macro or some scripting. What I am trying to achieve is the following. In Column A (A1:A1000) there are values of L0xxxxxx xxxxxx=numbers (i.e L0123456) What I want to be able to do is move the values from column A to Columns B-K (10 Columns) 10 values at a time, upto 100 lines. A B C D E F G H I J K L00001 L00001 L00002 L00003 L00004 .5 .6 .7 .8 .9 L00010 L00002 L00011 L00003 L00004 ..5 ..6 ..7 ..8 ..9 L00010 L00011 Any help would be appreciated. T...