My borders show up as dashed lines. Why?

I have formatted cells to show a medium bold border (format, cells, border).
The printout shows the border but it's broken up.  I have gone back into
format, cells, border and the display reveals that medium borders have been
chosen.  Do you know why?
0
mannross (1)

Is the printout different than what shows up in Print Preview and what is on
screen?
If so, try the following.

Try removing the lines.  Save.  Restart the computer, then reapply and see
if that helps.

Perhaps you are maxing out the Printer memory?  Is it an incredibly
complicated printout?

Try reinstalling the printer on your workstation

If that does not help, look for a updated driver for the printer and install
it.    Print driver bugs can cause this.

If all else fails, try Microsoft Knowlege base.

"mannross" wrote:

> I have formatted cells to show a medium bold border (format, cells, border).
> The printout shows the border but it's broken up.  I have gone back into
> format, cells, border and the display reveals that medium borders have been
> chosen.  Do you know why?
0
PeterEllis (34)

Bottom border line won't print in Word 2004 for Mac
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel On the screen I can place a page border in Word 2004 for Mac document, but in Print Preview the bottom line of the border disappears. And, of course, when I print, the bottom line won't appear. It doesn't appear that any footer (which I don't want) is in the way of the margin that I have set. Any solution to this? See: http://word.mvps.org/faqs/formatting/BottomsDontPrint.htm Also confirm that you have the latest printer driver from the mfr's web site as well as all current updates for Offi...

I delete an email it remains in folder with line through it
How do I move deleted email from in box to deleted subfile without keeping a copy in the inbox with strikethru in it?? I have to email accounts on the computer one is pop3 the other is ms exchange? Not good with computers Are you sure its pop3 and exchange? it sounds like you set up an IMAP account - deleted items are marked with a strikethrough until you purge the folder from the edit menu. You can also use a view that hides items marked for deletion. We can be more specific if we knew the version of Outlook you use. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Need Help with Common Tasks? htt...

pivot from more than 65K lines: how?
What I am trying to do: have several excel files with data and want to consolidate in a single file What I did: tried to paste all the data in a single file and create a pivot from there... the problem is that I can not copy after reaching 65K lines.... Trying to create a pivot from *multiple* excel does not give me the possibility to put in the layout the fields I want (as if I was using a single sheet)... as it consolidates all the fields in the different tables... Any urgent help please?.. MANY TIA! luis Do you have Access? If so then import all your excel sheets into a singl...

RMA ( Credit) Missing Line Items

Copied tasks show as collapsed
I have two projects, one of which i copied some tasks from and copied into the other. Once i save the project and reopen it the copied tasks don't display and the id number shows a gap (60, 61, 62, 70, 71, 71). I have to collapse the entire project and then expand it to see the tasks. Any idea what would cause this behavior? Thanks. This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_00D5_01CA79B8.6C708FE0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Windows-1252" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi Jan, Welcome to this Microsoft Projec...

double lines
I am trying to type and address in a cell and can't get it to drop down to make another line, please help Use Alt-Enter instead of just Enter......... Vaya con Dios, Chuck, CABGx3 "WFDFirefighter" <WFDFirefighter@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A657DEAE-5171-45AE-A57D-F8CE2DB5F122@microsoft.com... > I am trying to type and address in a cell and can't get it to drop down to > make another line, please help Hello- Chuck's reply is valid for creating a line break in a cell, so no challenge there. Just a suggestion, though - it sounds l...

Showing how much longer for a due date.
I am trying to figure out how to show how much longer someone will have to send a product back if they only have 30 days to return it. I would like the cell to count down from 30-1 and show colors at different stages. Is this possible or am I asking too much? Dear, You need to be more specific on this. Is there any date element associated with this or you are going to enter the date on which someone returns the product back on the scale of 1 to 30 days. Thanks -- Dilip Kumar Pandey MBA, BCA, B.Com(Hons.) dilipandey@yahoo.com dilipandey@gmail.com New Delhi, India "daddyr" ...

XmlSerializer/XmlTextWriter all data on one line
I'm an XML newb. I'm serializing a class and when I inspect the xml file, all the data is on one line rather than being nested and indented Is that normal? <code> StreamWriter sw = new StreamWriter(m_optionsXmlFilePath, false); XmlSerializer xmlSerializer = new XmlSerializer(typeof(Options)); XmlTextWriter xmlTextWriter = new XmlTextWriter(sw); xmlSerializer.Serialize(xmlTextWriter, this); xmlTextWriter.Close(); </code> Hello! > I'm serializing a class and when I inspect the xml file, all the data is on > one line rather than being nested and indented > ...

Help! All my Publisher photos have stopped showing up!
Publisher was working fine at the beginning of the week and now I opened it up today and it will not show any photos. Nothing from templates or that I insert. I have tried to repair the office suite and I have reinstalled the program as well and neither of those things helped. I have also emptied all my temp. internet files because that once stopped my clipart from appearing, but that didn't help either. Please help! I use Publisher way too much to loose it. LKS wrote: > Publisher was working fine at the beginning of the week and now I opened it > up today and it will n...

create progressive graph for slide show
Hello, I am fairly good at the basic in excel but I can't work out a quick way of doing this: I have a large table of data about 50 by 8000 and am using it to plot graphs. The problem is I want to create a slideshow to show at a seminar which will start off using just the first row of data and then progressively add more rows and display each line graph one at a time. I can't see any simpler way of doing this except to copy and paste each graph into PowerPoint on a time which would take for ever! Ideally I would like the scale to update automatically but that�s not too important. ...

xy scatter line goes below zero
The line drawn in my xy scatter chart goes below zero of the y-axis, is there any way I can stop this? My first 3 points are all zero and then there is a very steep increase, the line that connects them assumes that there is a dip into negative values before the increase when this is not actually the case. Hi, Have you got the Smooth line option ticked? Cheers Andy jon7 wrote: > The line drawn in my xy scatter chart goes below zero of the y-axis, is there > any way I can stop this? My first 3 points are all zero and then there is a > very steep increase, the line that connect...

Inbox shows unread messages but there are none in the directory
My Outlook (office 2003) Directory for the Inbox indicates three unread messages but when looking at the list of messages there are none that are unread and if I delete all the messages in the inbox there are still three indicated as unread. I have not active filters. Any idea what is going on or how to stop it? ...

Booked resources in calendar not showing booked
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0008_01C5966F.A3C77020 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I am having issues with the calendar in Outlook/Office 2003 I will book a room as a resource and it is accepted. If I look back at = the resource it is not showing booked for that period time causing = double bookings. Anyone have any ideas? --=20 JONATHAN HESKETH ------=_NextPart_000_0008_01C5966F.A3C77020 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-print...

How to enable Shared Contacts to show up When Addressing an email message.
How to enable Shared Contacts to show up When Addressing an email message. Basically when you type in a email address/name it finds it in a another users "SHARED" contacts... (So you don't have to manually find/add it.) Can someone point me to some instructions? Thanks Russ -- Russell Grover - SBITS.Biz [SBS-MVP] MCP, MCPS, MCNPS, SBSC Remote Small Business Server/Computer Support - www.SBITS.Biz BPOS - Microsoft Online Services - www.Microsoft-Online-Services.com This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0736_01CAFD9B.F594AC40 C...

Create border and merge cell in Excel file
Dear all, I want to create border and merge cell in Excel file, how to write the code in Access ? Please complete my below code. Thanks. Dim objXL As Object Dim objActiveWkb As Object Set objXL = GetObject(, "Excel.Application") Set objActiveWkb = objXL.Application.activeworkbook With objActiveWkb .Worksheets(1).cells(1, 1) = "Hello World" 'want to make border in cell (1,1) 'want to merge cell from A1:F1 End With Set objActiveWkb = Nothing: Set objXL = Nothing Chlaris wrote: > Dear all, > > I want to...

double lines and rounded corners on a solid box
How can I create a solid box with double lines and rounded corners in Publisher 2000? Thanks Anna You will have to use an AutoShape -- ...

Inventory Site/LocationCode Order Lines on MSCRM1.2 to GPS8.0
We are currently running MSCRM 1.2 and GPS 8.0, with the MS Integration between them. Our Sales force uses various Inventory locations when placing orders within our GPS system. Because of business reasons we can't consolidate into a single Inventory Location as the Integration documentation suggests. The documentation allow says that it only supports the use of one Inventory location, which you set in the "Settings and Administration" tool. It appears that you can modify the BizTalk Mapping for the SalesOrderDetail channel to route a value from a custom field in MSCRM...

Extracting name out of line
I am copying a line off the web with 4 names in it, separated by spaces (From 1 to 6 spaces). I am trying to extract name 3 from the line. Tried split(Var, " ") however Name moves according to the space between the names. Var(2) can be the Name or according to spaces between names, Var(6) Can you help me? Thank you, Gordon On 27 Jan 2007 15:37:39 -0800, "Gordon" <gwelch1938@yahoo.com> wrote: >I am copying a line off the web with 4 names in it, separated by >spaces (From 1 to 6 spaces). I am trying to extract name 3 from the >line. Tried split(V...

Line of Credit Account #2
This is driving me nuts. What is the best way to set up a Line of Credit (LOC) account? It is actually a $500 LOC account for my checking account for when my checking account dips below $0. Both the checking account and LOC accounts import separately into Money from my bank. Should I set up the LOC as an account, a liability, or as "other". I tried them but keep getting confused because depending on whether the LOC automatically deposited money into my checking account or I transferred money from my checking account to pay off my LOC, it will say either "From" o...

Pivot Tables show zero balance
Hi - I have a pivot table.... I want to show customers that have an outstanding balance. when i sort by month, i see everything, totals of who paid and who ha not. I want to sort to see only who is outstanding. How do I do this? CURRENT SETUP: Sort by page = date of invoice (by month) Rows = client name, then the tota -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com You could add a Status column to your data source, and calculate the account status. For example, with customer names in column C and amounts in column H: =IF(SUMIF($C$2:$C$39,C2,$H$2:$H$39)>0,"Outstanding&...

email account will not show up when added: says deleted
my main email account will not show up in the "accounts" section of Outlook 2003 even though I have added it and the "test" button shows it is set up correctly. It is listed in the accounts pane of add/change email accounts but when I try to set it as the default account I get a message it is not found and probably was deleted. I have deleted and re added it several times with the same result. Any solution ? Alec McNaughton <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > my main email account will not show up in the "accounts" > section of Outl...

CEditView No line wrap
How do I keep CEditView in my SDI application from wrapping the lines of text entered? i.e., I want the horizontal scrollbar. "Joe Estock" <jestock@NOSPAMnutextonline.com> wrote in message news:vrs98r4qk4so3f@corp.supernews.com... > How do I keep CEditView in my SDI application from wrapping the lines of > text entered? i.e., I want the horizontal scrollbar. Give it the (ES_AUTOHSCROLL|WS_HSCROLL) styles. In a CEditView derived class you can insure this by ORing the CREATESTRUCT.style member in an override of PreCreateWindow. -- Jeff Partch [VC++ MVP] ...

OWA not showing all email?
hello everyone, i posted a while back (but i think it slid to back pages) asking a question about a user who has outlook 2003 in the office and hooks up via OWA at home. recently it's become clear that not all of her messages are showing in OWA, yet they all show up when she reconnects on the office LAN. any advice on that? we are running exchange server 2003. in that vein, we would like to set her up with outlook 2003 accessing the exchange server from out of the office but are not sure how to go about doing that ... any tips on where to get started with that would be great...

Showing data per month & year for comparison
Hi, I need to show data for a particular month for 2 years (July 2004 vs. July 2005) and YTD data for 2004 & 2005 on the same pivot table. This will allow comparison between 2 months and YTD sales on the PT. I have grouped the dates and put them along the top of the pivot table and can choose month and year, but the YTD figures always change to the month figures. How do I get the YTD figures to not change when I choose a month? Confusing...yes. -- gman Hi, Can you upload a watered down version of the spreadsheet, because it is difficult to work out what the problem is? I will t...

Show harvest report error when installing app on Terminal Server.
I have an application that I want to install on a terminal server to publish, but I am having difficulties. The scenario follows as below. The application is dependant on an Oracle install. What I am doing is installing the Oracle client first then I load the program. Then to print Crystal reports, I just map a network drive to the location where these premade Crystal reports reside. This works just fine and dandy on all my workstations. So, I tried to load this on a Citrix Server to publish this out, and all of the sudden when I go to run a report, I get an error that says ...