Multiplying in a row

Hi

I need to multiply a row of numbers by 30%,
the row extends from A4 to W4.

How do I do it.

thanks

Daniel
0
Sydney (15)

You want A4:W4 to be 130% of their curretn values?
Type 1.3 in a cell.
Then, copy that cell.
Select A4:W4.
Go to Edit | Paste Special. Choose Multiply and click Okay.

--
tj

"Daniel - Sydney" wrote:

> Hi
>
> I need to multiply a row of numbers by 30%,
> the row extends from A4 to W4.
>
> How do I do it.
>
> thanks
>
> Daniel
0
tjtjjtjt (488)
9/26/2005 11:12:02 PM
Thanks for your help

Daniel

"tjtjjtjt" wrote:

> You want A4:W4 to be 130% of their curretn values?
> Type 1.3 in a cell.
> Then, copy that cell.
> Select A4:W4.
> Go to Edit | Paste Special. Choose Multiply and click Okay.
>

> --
> tj
>

> "Daniel - Sydney" wrote:
>
> > Hi
> >
> > I need to multiply a row of numbers by 30%,
> > the row extends from A4 to W4.
> >
> > How do I do it.
> >
> > thanks
> >
> > Daniel
Enter .3 in an unused cell.

Select and copy.

Select A4:W4 and Paste Special>Multiply>Ok>Esc.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Mon, 26 Sep 2005 16:05:02 -0700, Daniel - Sydney <Daniel -
Sydney@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Hi
>
>I need to multiply a row of numbers by 30%,
>the row extends from A4 to W4.
>
>How do I do it.
>
>thanks
>
>Daniel

0
Gord

Adding Rows to Master Sheet
I have a master list that is linked to 5 other Team worksheets. Team 1: Rows 1 - 50 Team 2: Rows 51 - 100 Team 3: Rows 101 - 150 Team 4: Rows 151 - 200 Team 5: Rows 201 - 250 Now some of the teams need more record space and I need a Macro that inserts rows to the end of each team row allocation as follows: Check if there are less than 10 empty rows between Teams. Yes: Add rows to maintain 20 free rows between Teams No: Do not do anyhting. My current problem is that my macro adds the rows at the specific row where the macro was created. Let us say I created the Macro when Row 35 was em...

function Making one row out of many
I have 72 rows, each one is about 10 cells long. Does someone know a function to make one row out of this? Thanks a lot! Melanie That would convert to ~720 columns and therefore requires xl2007. If your data start in cell A2... 1. In B2 enter =A2&" " &B1 2. Fill down 3. Copy and paste values over the bottom cell in column B 4. Use Text to Columns in that cell. 5. Sort the resulting row in ascending order. -- Jim Cone Portland, Oregon USA (30 + ways to sort... http://www.contextures.com/excel-sort-addin.html) "dersonnenach" <dersonnenach@...

New row opens in datasheet subform
I have a datasheet subform with 3 columns. One of the columns has a default value. When I open the main form and go to make an entry of a new record in the datasheet subform a new line opens below the line I'm typing in and the default value for the default-value column fills in in this line instead of on the line typing in. So I have my entries split between 2 lines. Why does this new line open and how can I prevent it? Robert Hi Rober, this is normal behaviour for Access. As soon as you begin typing your entry in the datasheet, access shows you the empty line for the foll...

importing data...keeping data on same row
If I import some data through a database query.....and that query take up 5 colums and x number of rows. If I want to put my own data i column 6 that relates each row.....how do I format the cell/column s that it always moves with the row if my query returns the row in different place than first time.... I hope I am making sense! thanks a bunch...I'll sure try to repay the favor -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi this is (AFAIK) not possible in Excel -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany > If I import some data through a database query.....and that query &...

Duplicated rows #2
Sorry about the last post, ignore it. My problem is this: tariff Product code 25 0118 25 0118 45 0320 45 0320 10 0460 45 0460 25 0470 45 0470 45 0481 50 0481 45 0484 45 0484 I have the above table, but product codes are duplicated. I want to get rid of the duplicates, even if the tariff is different. Any ideas, there are about 2000 rows . Chris -- cj21 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ cj21's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=25673 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread....

parent/child relationship between rows?
I have a list of about a thousand rows. I want to divide these rows by inserting new rows as 'headers' for certain groups of rows. is there a way to 'attach' the rows below the 'header' row? When i do a sort over the entire spreadsheet, I want the 'child' rows to maintain a relationship to the 'parent/header' row. TIA Hi I would create a new column called for example "Group" and fill in all rows (don't leave blanks there) then clik Data/Group and outline/group Click yes if helped -- Greatly appreciated Eva "...

delete rows from a large table with text column
hi guys, I need to remove old data on regular basis from a big table (over 50 million) with a large text column. That column has average around 3000 charaters. The deletion is painful. It takes a minute or more to delete just 5000 rows. Since there should be no down time for production, all I can do now is to delete in small batches. And the table is not partitioned so I can't use partition switch. Do you know if there's any better way to do the deletion? Should I convert this text field to varchar(max)? Thanks. Hi, If it alwaays needs to be live, then is suppose k...

Row Height-Auto Adjust to Content?
Hi everyone, Is it possible to set Excel Rows to automatically adjust to the content in any rows? I'm working on a significantly large excel sheet and prefer to print only one sheet of paper across; however I'm trying to squeeze a couple more columns in there that might overflow to the next sheet across. I'm thinking of shrinking the columns' width of some columns to compromise the space for couple columns that I'm adding. But as you know, some Addresses are short and some are long. I don't want to increase the height of all rows when I decrease th...

Sub Query zero rows but need header
As the sub query return zero rows , inspite i me adding an header column in the outter query i dont get that header row and it coresponsing values as null select 'Category2' Header,* from sysobjects where crdate =(select xtype from sysobjects where crdate>'31-12-2010') Expected out: Row1: Category2 null null How do i acheive this. What the rule thats i am trying to break. I tried union I need more simple method. As the sub query return zero rows , inspite i me adding an header column in the outter query i dont get that header row and it coresponsin...

Global Column Row Preview Font Size

Hiding rows with no content to right of Column B
Can someone provide me with code that hides any row from Row 11 to Row 60 if there is no content in the row to the right of Column B for the row in 2question. Thanks in advance, Aidan. Hi, Paste this in a standard module and it works on the active sheet Sub Marine() Dim P As Long P = Rows(1).Columns.Count Dim copyrange As Range For x = 11 To 60 If WorksheetFunction.CountA(Range(Cells(x, 3), Cells(x, P))) = 0 Then If copyrange Is Nothing Then Set copyrange = Rows(x).EntireRow Else Set copyrange = Union(copyrange, Row...

Excel macro to specify rows and columns to include in printouts
Is there an Excel macro that simulates the effect of specifying the rows and columns to repeat in a printout? I am looking for something that simulates the following operations: 1) Page Setup->Sheet [Tab]->Rows to repeat at Top Highlight the rows 2) Page Setup->Sheet [Tab]->Columns to repeat at Left Highlight the columns Thanks, Gus Try something like With ActiveSheet.PageSetup .PrintTitleRows = "$1:$1" .PrintTitleColumns = "$A:$A" End With -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Softw...

Copy Top 10 conditional formatting down 1000+ rows
I have 20 columns which I am using top 10 conditional formatting. When I copy this (B3:T3) down to the bottom of my spreadsheet, the range changes to (B4:T1200) instead of each row (such as row 4 = B4:T4 and row 10 = B10:T10). Any ideas on how to copy this logic down the spreadsheet without doing it row by row? thanks This code should work. Start with leftmost cell in top, conditionally formatted row. Good luck! Dim MyCounter As Integer Range(Selection, Selection.End(xlToRight)).Select Application.CutCopyMode = False Selection.Copy For MyCounter =...

change a table to 3 columns only (Rows instead of Table)
Hi, I am looking forward to your inputs, I have a table, here is a sample: Dept1 Dept2 Dept3 Dept4 Div1 1 2 3 4 Div2 5 6 7 8 Div3 9 10 11 12 How can I change the above table to 3 columns only (Rows instead of Table): Div1 Dept1 1 Div1 Dept2 2 Div1 Dept3 3 Div1 Dept4 4 Div2 Dept1 5 Div2 Dept2 6 Div2 Dept3 7 Div2 Dept4 8 Div3 Dept1 9 Div3 Dept2 10 Div3 Dept3 11 Div3 Dept4 12 The table I have is huge, doing the above manually will be very time consuming. Thanks Mo Hi see your other posts -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Mo wrote: > Hi, > > I am lookin...

How can I number rows based on unique values in another column?
I need to create a number in column A based on the data in column B. Here's an example of the result that I want: Number Product Code 1 001-1002-P 1 001-1002-R 1 003-4501-10 2 003-4501-10 1 003-4501-12 2 003-4501-12 1 003-4501-14 2 003-4501-14 I'm really looking to get either a 1 or 2 based on the first or 2nd entry of the product code. -- Carla Try the below formula in cell A2 and copy down as required =COUNTIF($B$2:B2,B2) -- Jacob "Carla" wrote: > I need to create a number in column A based on the data in column B. Here's >...

Summing Alternate Rows
We have spreadsheets with many rows and need to sum alternate rows. Is there a way to do this without entering a formula using the number of each row? -- KarenQ ------------------------------------------------------------------------ KarenQ's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=19608 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=395115 Try this: =SUMPRODUCT(--(MOD(ROW($A$1:$A$18),2)=1),$A$1:$A$18) That formula sums odd-row values in the range A1:A18. To sum even-row values the formula is: =SUMPRODUCT(--(MOD(ROW($A$1:$A$18...

auto comlete a row of data
in exel say for instance g1 is a lisence plate number (variable) how can i get A1-f1 to be filled with spesific data dedicated to each licence number You could use a lookup table and VLookup formulas or a macro. More info OR If desired, send your file to my address below. I will only look if: 1. You send a copy of this message on an inserted sheet 2. You give me the newsgroup and the subject line 3. You send a clear explanation of what you want 4. You send before/after examples and expected results. -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Soft...

Finding Last Cell value in row
i have a simple spreadsheet that starts with the date on each row. Eac spreadsheet can vary on the number of rows it has. I'm looking for a way to find the value in the last date entered and use that data on nother worksheet. Any ideas? Thanks Ro -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi Rob if there're no blank rows in between you may use the following for column A: =OFFSET($A$1,COUNTA($A:$A)-1,0) if you have blank rows in between tyr the following depending of the type of values in your column: 1. If you have only text values in column A try =INDEX(A:A,MATCH(REPT(CHA...

Insert row with button
Is it possible to have a main workbook with information from other workbooks at each worksheet? I have 20 workbooks with information. I would like to haven a main workbook with on sheet1 every row from the 20workbooks with category1, on sheet2 every row from the 20workbooks with category2, etc, etc. The information in the 20workbooks in always only on sheet. The Colum in which the data is has no fix end. I go to fill in the rows trough a user-form and comes always under the last row. The mainsheet has to update every time it opens (and if possible a button on the sheet to update man...

Title row to stay in place when scrolling down
I want to make the first few lines of my chart stay put when scrolling down the page, for ex: in the excel template on Microsoft office called 'Loan amortization Schedule', lines 1-17 stay put when scrolling down. Can anybody tell me how to do that? What version of Excel are you using? Let's assume you want row 1 to remain visible when you scroll. Select cell A2 In Excel 2007 goto the View tab>Freeze Panes>Freeze Panes In earlier versions of Excel goto the menu Window>Freeze Panes -- Biff Microsoft Excel MVP "MS" <MS@discussion...

Count text cells if condition in row is true, over many rows.
Using Excel 2003 - 84 columns, up to 250 rows. By groups of 3 adjacent columns, I want to put (in merged cell at top of each group of 3) a formula showing total of cells with text, IF a separate cell in column CM in each row has a particular value. So, there will be 28 totals (84/3) in top row. If CM2="E", CM3="S", CM4="E", CM5="E", CM6="S", etc, and using condition "E", the formula in merged D1 will count all text cells in columns D,E,F of rows 2,4,5,etc. The formula in merged G1 will count all text cells in columns...

conditional format in a row
Using Excel 2003 I have the current date displaying in A1. My rows of data include "request date" in Column A, "person requesting work" in Column B, "work requested" in Column C, and "date completed" in Column D. I've written an IF statement in Column D that will display "overdue" if the request has not been completed within seven days. Then I selected Column D and applied a conditional format: If the cell is equal to "overdue" color the cell red. Now here is my question, is there a way to make the entire row red if the ...

Lost row height format?
My boss is working in a workbook with numerous sheets. He saved the file and then reopened it after his HDD was replaced. When he reopened the file, all of the row heights were off a little bit, but since this is for a large financial report, it is a big deal. Does anyone know what could cause this and have any idea how to fix it. He swears he did not change any of the settings in excel, or manually adjust any of the rows. Prior to re-opening, all rows were set at 11. Now some are 12, some 11, some 11.5, some 10.??. This happened on every sheet. Help!!! Thanks, Mac Highl...

Multiply cell with foot and inch
How do I format a cell for user to enter in ft and inch format such as 4'33". Then how do I multiply 2 cell together to produce square foot. Example A1=4'33" and B1=3'33" which is equal 14.42 Sq.Ft. Thanks. Kyle Check out Chip Perason's site for working with feet and inches. http://www.cpearson.com/excel/fractional.htm Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Thu, 24 Mar 2005 16:38:17 -0800, "Kyle" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >How do I format a cell for user to enter in ft and inch >format such as 4'33". Then how do I mul...

Text wrap does not expand row height automatically.
Cell/row height only shows one line, even if the automatic row is chosen. What seems to be the problem? Help. Frank - Make sure the cells that should cause expanded heights are formated to wrap. -- Daryl S "Frank R" wrote: > Cell/row height only shows one line, even if the automatic row is chosen. > What seems to be the problem? Help. You must set Wrap Text and Row Autofit. BUT.........if you have any merged cells they will not respond to row autofit. Either get rid of them or you will need VBA code to deal with them. See google search thread f...