Multiplying cells

I am creating a spread sheet that with each Monday in a calendar year, I am needing to multiply 8 weeks, 13 weeks, and 26 weeks out.  Please help

=if(weekday(Today()) = 2, date+(8*7),"")

format as date

Change 8 to 13 and 26 for your other dates.

if you need it to show these dates for the remainder of the week

=Today()-(weekday(Today())-2)+(8*7)

format as date.
Again, use this formula and change 8 to 13, then 26 for the other dates.

the date would actually advance a week on Sunday.

--
Regards,
Tom Ogilvy

"jamie" <tscharbrough@quest-grp.com> wrote in message
> I am creating a spread sheet that with each Monday in a calendar year, I
am needing to multiply 8 weeks, 13 weeks, and 26 weeks out.  Please help

0
twogilvy (1078)

sum of cells
Hi, In Cell AB10 I need a formula to sum the following cells inthe same line. The cells are: D, F, H, J, L, N, P, R, T, V, X, Z Is there a way to do this other than using: =d10+f10+h10........+z10 (sum of every other cell!!) =SUMPRODUCT(--(MOD(COLUMN(D2:Z2),2)=0),D2:Z2) -- --- HTH Bob (there's no email, no snail mail, but somewhere should be gmail in my addy) "Khalil handal" <khhandal@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:up25YVaXIHA.280@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Hi, > In Cell AB10 I need a formula to sum the following cells inthe same line. > The cells ar...

How do I put drawing objects behind text/cells in a spreadsheet?
Using a background will not work because I am dealing with mutliple objects which need regular moving and changing. since objects sit on top of the sheet, i am not sure you can do that unless the object has a transparent setting. >-----Original Message----- >Using a background will not work because I am dealing with mutliple objects >which need regular moving and changing. >. > ...

Find difference between 2 cells if critera in a 3rd cell is met
How would I find the difference between two cells depending on what is in a third cell? For example, in column G1 I want to show the difference E1 and whichever cell in column F contains the number 1. I was thinking something along the lines of using SUMPRODUCT to find the row with the #1 and then somehow subtracting G1 from the number column E that match the row where the number 1 was found. This is VERY confusing! At least, to me it is. There's probably a simple solution but I don't understand. You want the formula in cell G1? This is the really confusing part: ...

Cell Value + open application
Hi all, the following is what I am trying to accomplish: I have a spread sheet that I use to track incoming and outgoing documents. What I would like to be able to do is have cell in which I enter a name into open up and outlook template I have saved in the same directory (.oft file). Also be able to a pull information from other cells to populate the subject of the template. Thanks in advance for any assistance with this ...

cell reads as label but returns a value
How do you have a cell read on the spread as a lable (using the label in a drop-down list) and when selected, the cell will return a constant value? The cell might read: "Red Widget" but it would return a value of say: 257. Got any ideas on this one.... Thanks... Spydor -- spydor ------------------------------------------------------------------------ spydor's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=28438 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=480383 Hi spydor, Is this what you mean? http://hanjohn.customer....

combo box in each cell of a column
I would like to have all the cell of a column (ie column B) associate to a combobox Each selection should be independent from the other, but the list o selection values should be the same. Can someone help me? Thanks & cia -- Robert ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Roberts's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1576 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27276 Hi use 'Data - Validation - List' and use the same list source for all drop down. Also see: http://www.contexture...

How to set focus or select next cell
I have five fields of inputs (say B5,C5,D5,E5,F5), after putting the data in cell F5, when I hit the enter key is there a way that the next focus cell is B6 for the next input, if so how? In other words after data is inputted in cell F5 the focus jumps to the next line at cell B6 ... thanks ahead for the solution. -dave Hi Dave Select the range B5:F62 before you start typing and it will behave like that for quite a while. HTH. Best wishes Harald "dave wagner" <dwagner@lancorpnet.com> skrev i melding news:IHbaf.7447$D13.133@newssvr11.news.prodigy.com... > I have...

Tab in a cell #2
Hey all! You know how in excel if you tab, you go to the next cell to the right? How can I tab in a cell, to make an indent? I also have a weird problem with this particular cell (maybe it is due to me spacing instead of tabbing...) In a cell, I have 3 paragraphs of written information. The last three lines however just keep going to the right, instead of wrapping, like I have this cell formatted to do. Any thoughts on how to resolve either of these problems? -- Roz ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Roz's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/me...

Formatting just visible cells
Is there a way to apply formatting to just visible cells on a worksheet. I have two columns hidden and when I apply font color to my worksheet, the hidden columns are applied with the font color as well. Is there a way to prevent this? Suggestions or help would be appreciated. Select your region, then choose Edit/Goto. Click Special, then select the Visible cells only radio button. Click OK. Apply your format. In article <140e801c3f7ce$ba5656d0$a501280a@phx.gbl>, "bagia" <bagia@ureach.com> wrote: > Is there a way to apply formatting to just visible cells ...

Format cells to Auto Enter
I have 2 columns that I only have to input 2 characters in each column. ie 3d, ad. Is there a way to format the cells so that when the 2nd character is entered it will automatically shift to the next cell without having to hit the "ENTER" or "TAB" keys TIA Dave No Excel needs to know when you have finished editing a cell. Enter, Tab or Arrow Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Wed, 25 Jun 2008 16:21:00 -0700, Dave <Dave@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have 2 columns that I only have to input 2 characters in each column. ie >3d, ad. >Is there a way...

Filling formulas with specific cell references remaining the same
I need to fill a formula in a range of cells downward, specifically the formula IF(OR(O2=U1,P2=U1,Q2=U1),2-L2,0), with the U1 cell references remaining the same, continuing to refer to U1, while the other cell references (O2, P2, Q2, and L2) change and fill normally. Conversely, I need to be able to fill the formula right with U2 being the only reference that changes. Is this possible to do? If so, how? Doing this manually would take several hours. I am using Excel 2007. A suitable topic to type into Excel help is "relative & absolute addressing" The dollar sign i...

Unable to enter "S" or words starting with "S" in cells
Am working with Excel 2000 (Version 9.0.6926 SP-3) When entering words starting with "s" or just "s", the entry fails and brings up one of several menus. The menus vary depending upon how many keystrokes I have made before realizing the text entry failed. "S" is teh only letter I have found where this problem occurs. If I double click on the cell then enter the word starting wtih "s", then I can enter the text. This is cumbersome and very time consuming. Please advise Do you have the same problem with any other programs? It sounds to me like a...

counting cells #4
Hi this may seem a daft question but i'm having real problems trying to count cells... i want to count cells in a range say a17 to a40 inclusive - i want to know the total number of cells in a range and for it to include all types eg empty cells,text numbers and formulas sam Hi try: =ROWS(range)*COLUMNS(range) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "dave h" <usenet@nospamsoremovesupersports.plus.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:OfxV20OoEHA.1800@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > Hi > > this may seem a daft question but i'm having real problems trying to c...

macro triggered by changes to cell only works if i run it twice
Hi, While developing a form with some automated elements I have come into a problem about triggering a macro when a user selects an option from a drop down cell (the drop down list is created through validation). I have previously been running the macro whenever ANY cell changes in the workbook, which was working fine. However, this started interfering with another macro I have added doing something else, so i have been trying to get my orginal macro to only run when the specific cell (F12) changes by a user selecting a dropdown option. I have tried several ways, with the ...

How to select a cell to the left of the right aligned cell with th
Hello everybody! How to select a cell to the left of the right aligned cell with the =, when anyone enters a formula? The cell to the left of the right aligned cell with the =, does not have left and right borbers and cannot be selected by the mouse. Best regards, Dima +79035093892 I'm just guessing here... But I think you're talking about the extended cell that comes up whenever you're typing in a formula. It's the same cell as the one you're typing in, except Excel made it look bigger so it'd be easier to see what you're typing in. "Dima" wrote: ...

Fomula to copy every third cell in col
I have a list of business addresses and phone numbers in 1 column. Ideally I would like Col A the be name. Col B address and c phone number. Here is the format I have right now. Please help. Ultimate Staffing 3435 W Cheyenne Ave, North Las Vegas, NV (702) 647-0477 - 2.8 mi SE Allied Forces 1401 N Decatur Blvd # 21, Las Vegas, NV (702) 647-6668 - 4.3 mi S Labor Express 1401 N Decatur Blvd # 21, Las Vegas, NV (702) 647-6668 - 4.3 mi S Workers 1401 N Decatur Blvd, Las Vegas, NV (702) 647-6668 - 4.3 mi S Flexible Staffing 800 N Rainbow Blvd, Las Vegas, NV (702) 948-5030 - 4.8 mi S On...

Need to add cell comments in unlocked cell on protected worksheet
Using Excel 2002, I have a worksheet that I have "protected" so that only a certain block of cells can be selected/edited. Today, I have a new requirement to be able to add/edit/delete cell comments on those cells that remain unlocked. But the options to do so on the cell context menu disappear when the worksheet is protected, but reappear when the worksheet is unprotected. When you protect the worksheet, scroll down and check "edit objects". This will allow comments to be added/removed/changed--along with other objects (pictures/shapes/etc). dan400man wrote: >...

Formatting Cell Fractions... HELP
Using Excel I formatted cells using fractions as quarters. how can I convert the 2/4 to 1/2 now? all of the numbers of my cells now show either 1/4, 2/4 or 3/4. I wanted to be able to change the 2/4 for 1/2 without having to format each one. Thank you Before I formatted the number showed 101.5, 102.8 - after formatting 101 2/4, 102 3/4. I was trying to find a way to change all the 2/4 for 1/2. Please don't multi-post You have an answer in your other thread -- Kind regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "Twicebest" <Twicebest@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote...

How to copy cells without copying the hidden rows and columns?
I have hidden many rows and columns in an Excel document. I'm trying to copy the remaining cells (viewable) into another Excel document. When I paste into the new document, it has copied all the hidden cells as well. Hi - select your source range - hit F5, click 'Special', choose 'Visible cells only' - now copy+paste -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany tsewt23 wrote: > I have hidden many rows and columns in an Excel document. I'm trying > to copy the remaining cells (viewable) into another Excel document. > When I paste into the new document, it ha...

copying text from alternate cells
Hi, I need to copy text from cells A2, A4, A6 and so on. Could someone please give a formula for this? Thanks, EL. -- excel_lent ------------------------------------------------------------------------ excel_lent's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=31738 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=532982 Where do you want to copy your data to? That might be done with formulas, not VBA. -- AP "excel_lent" <excel_lent.269kqn_1145034601.7054@excelforum-nospam.com> a �crit dans le message de news:excel_len...

attaching a picture to a cell.
using Excel 2002, is there a way to place a picture in a cell, then, if the range the cell is in is sorted, have the picture move with the cell? Tonso Pictures hover over the cells--they're not actually in the cells. Make sure the pictures are totally within the row (or cell)--no overlapping to the cell above or below. Then make sure each picture is marked to move and size with cells. Right click on a picture|Format Picture|Properties tab|move an size with cells. An alternative that you may like better: http://contextures.com/xlcomments02.html#Picture (From Debra Dalgleish's site)...

Might be simple... Cell Formating.
Is it possible to format a cell where numbers are one color and alpha is another? I'm using Excel 2007? At times it's hard to tell the difference between L's and Ones ( l1 ) Thanks, Mark If you want digits and letters within one cell to have different colours I cannot help other than to suggest you experiment with different fonts. To make display text in one colour, use conditional formatting with formula =ISTEXT(A1) and set the required colour. This will also display the selected colour if you inadvertently press l (lower case L) when you want 1 (digit 1) best wishes ...

Skipping Blank Cells
I am looking for a formula that will skip blank cells and put the nex cell with data where the blank cells are. Example: If I have info in A1, A2, and A6, I would like it to skip A3-4-5 an now A6's data will be in A3. Hope I didn't confuse anyone....very important that I figure this on out. Thanks for taking the time to try and hel -- Coltsfa ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Coltsfan's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1998 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=47561 ...

Apply Hyperlink to Text in Cell
Can you create a hyperlink on a portion of text in a cell? I have tried to do this in the Edit mode and the hyperlink button is "grayed" out. I'm using Excel 2003 -- Thank you... Elaine The cell is a hyperlink or not a hyperlink. One trick is to put a rectangle over the text you want (hide the borders) and assign the hyperlink to that rectangle. You may be able to format the text under the rectangle so that it looks like a hyperlink. Elaine wrote: > > Can you create a hyperlink on a portion of text in a cell? I have tried to do > this in the Edit mode and the hyp...

Event of changing the grid-cell value.
Hello. In VB.NET 2008. I have dataGridView. Which event occurs when changing data row value. (Not all the times I am changing the value via the dataGridView directly. There are also values that are changed directly via the datatable object. I need a general method, please. dataGridView is connected to BindingSource). Thanks :) In general you should avoid changing values using a datagridview, that is the client area, you would use the object which is the datasource of the bindingsource. I understand from your other messages it is a datatable but it can be any collection. ...