Multiply columns

I need to figure out how to make the whole column multiply by 1.6. Can anyone please help me? I have sent my price list to excel and Im trying to do a mark upof 1.6 and it is just not letting me format the whole column

K. Sonnier
0
ksonnier (1)

Hi
try the following:
- enter 1.6 in an empty cell, select this cell and copy it (e.g. with
CTRL+C)
- now select your prices
- goto 'Edit - Paste Special' and choose the action 'Multiply'

Note: your original data is lost after this!

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

"K Sonnier" <ksonnier@swbell.net> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> I need to figure out how to make the whole column multiply by 1.6.
Can anyone please help me? I have sent my price list to excel and Im
trying to do a mark upof 1.6 and it is just not letting me format the
whole column.

> K. Sonnier

0
frank.kabel (11126)
4/8/2004 2:50:23 PM
Hi K!

Put 1.6 in a cell
Select that cell
Copy
Select the column of data
Edit > Paste Special > Multiply > OK

--
Regards
Norman Harker MVP (Excel)
"K Sonnier" <ksonnier@swbell.net> wrote in message
>I need to figure out how to make the whole column multiply by 1.6.
>Can anyone please help me? I have sent my price list to excel and Im
>trying to do a mark upof 1.6 and it is just not letting me format the
>whole column.
>
> K. Sonnier

0
njharker (1646)
4/8/2004 2:50:56 PM
I have all my numbers in the cells in one column and i need excel to mark up all the prices that i have imputed already. Can i format the whole column all at once or do I have to do it line by line?
0
anonymous (74722)
4/8/2004 3:06:03 PM
Hi

The solutions given by Frank and Norman will work fine. Take a copy of the
sheet first if you are worried!!

Andy.

"K Sonnier" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have all my numbers in the cells in one column and i need excel to mark
up all the prices that i have imputed already. Can i format the whole column
all at once or do I have to do it line by line?

0
andyb1 (494)
4/8/2004 3:11:46 PM
Right-click on the COLUMN Letter, then follow their "Paste Special", "Multiply"
instructions to do the entire column at once.
Rita

Andy B wrote:
> Hi
>
> The solutions given by Frank and Norman will work fine. Take a copy of the
> sheet first if you are worried!!
>
> Andy.
>
> "K Sonnier" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>
>>I have all my numbers in the cells in one column and i need excel to mark
>
> up all the prices that i have imputed already. Can i format the whole column
> all at once or do I have to do it line by line?

0
rmpalazzi (92)

Calculate Figures in a column if ajacent column has particular da
How do i total number of cells if the row fall within a particular month and the adjacent column has a "Y" in it. Then Convert this to a 3-d Pie Then the same as above but if the adjacent column is "Blank" instead of a "Y" in it. Shaggy wrote: > How do i total number of cells if the row fall within a particular > month and the adjacent column has a "Y" in it. Then Convert this to a > 3-d Pie > > Then the same as above but if the adjacent column is "Blank" instead > of a "Y" in it. Hi Shaggy, I think you could u...

Hide Rows and Columns based on Date Input
Dates are listed in Column A, starting from Cell A3, and data appears in the corresponding rows (across the page). Not every cell has data in for the corresponding date. For example: The date in cell A5 may have data in Cell B5, E5 & G5. I would like to enter a date (using a command button and input box), this will then hide all rows, except for the row which relates to the date that has been entered. At the same time I would like it hide all columns that do not have data in for the given date. .... carrying on from example above. If the user entered the date that appeared in cell A5...

Changing column widths w/o affecting all rows
I just want to change the width of my column in row 23, but it changes the entire column width, then I lose text in row 1 -where I have a larger font size. Can I lock my Title in row 1? Or how can i change the width of just 1 cell or a small group of cells in same column? Thanks for any suggestions! -- clmv23 See answer to your previous post. In article <F7696F02-2ACE-4FB6-BA9A-E794ECB16537@microsoft.com>, Carrie <Carrie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I just want to change the width of my column in row 23, but it changes the > entire column width, then I lose...

Column Chart with data labels for percent and value?
I want to create a column chart that displays data labels for both percent and value. Is this possible? Each column is stacked with 2 values, for instance: May '03 values: series A = 10 series B = 10 sum = 20 I want the column for May '03 to consist of a series A percent of 50%, a series B stacked on that, also displaying 50%, and another data label on top of the bar displaying 20. Right now, I just manually add a text box for each value, every time a new month is added. Is there an easier way? I have a picture of the chart, if you need it. Thanks! Kim Hi Kim, Store yo...

match column for value and return next cell value
Hi, I have simple excel with one column having the Part name and secon having the Price. I want a macro which will return SUM of all the part prices user ha selected. My data looks simply like below PART NAME PRICE NKT 1000 NKU 2000 NMP 150 NPG 299 NWT 3495 What i want is if user enters NKT,NKU then it should return 3000 if user enters NKT,NKu,NMP then 3150. Can anyone please help as I am an end user and have no idea of macros. Thanks, kogant -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi I'd suggest you use pivot tables for this and select the relevant item s within the p...

How do I change the spreadsheet column labels in Excel
How do I change the spreadsheet column labels in Excel from A B C D E F etc to names that I want to type. Do I copy and paste to Access? -- david You can't change the column labels in Excel. They're either letters, or numbers. You can add your headings in the first row, then freeze that row so it's always visible. To freeze the first row, select row 2 Then, choose Window>Freeze Panes winmalee wrote: > How do I change the spreadsheet column labels in Excel from A B C D E F etc > to names that I want to type. Do I copy and paste to Access? -- Debra Dalgleish Exce...

Column Lettering/Row Numbering
A friend has a new PC. When in Excel, the row numbers appear on the right side of the page instead of the left. Also, the column lettering goes from Z-A instead of A-Z. She has talked to stores such as Staples and numerous other users and no one has heard of such a thing. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Fix: Tools, Options, International Tab, uncheck the option under Right-to-left: "View current sheet right to left." But first tell her to turn the monitor 180 degrees...it's a great, though sophomoric, gag. <g> In article <FC286135-165A-4EB8-9E2C-3337465B...

Grouping consecutive rows/columns in different groups
Hello, I am trying to use the group command under the data menu: I want to have one group for rows 1 -5 and a different group for row 6-10. Everytime i group 1-5 then i try to group 6-10, it creates on group of rows 1-10??? How do i keep these groupings seperate -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com HI, I'm not sure this is best, but if you insert a line between row 5 and 6, then group, they'll be separate. jeff >-----Original Message----- >Hello, >I am trying to use the group command under the data menu: >I want to have one group for rows 1 -5 and a differ...

Macro to shift all source data in a chart by one row or column?
Hello all, I have a spreadsheet which contains at least twenty years of data and twenty or thirty charts. Each year we update all of the charts to move the forecast period to the current year and the next five years. Because there is data well beyond the five year period, a dynamic range for the chart data would not work. Can anyone suggest if it is possible to write a macro which I can run on each chart to shift the source data for each series in the chart by one column or row to the right? Any suggestions would be gratefully received! Thanks in advance, Shan try this defined ...

Help - Error Message When Executing a View
In Access 2007, when I set up a View to query some fields and then delete some of the fields from the query I get an error message. For example, I set up a View in Access 2007 to return columns X, Y and Z, as shown below: SELECT col_X, col_Y, col_Z FROM dbo.Sales I then successfully executed the query. I then removed columns X and Y from the View so that the query would only return Z as shown below: SELECT col_Z FROM dbo.Sales When I executed the View, I got a Microsoft Access error message that said "Cannot find column 'X'". So, I addedd column X back to th...

How do I get a header to span multiple columns?
I am fairly sure this can be done, but I am not sure how. For example, I want the same header for columns A and B. Select A1 and B1. From the Menu Bar: <Format> <Cells> <Alignment> tab, Expand the "Horizontal" box and click on "Center Across Selection", Then <OK>. Click in A1 and type what you wish. -- HTH, RD --------------------------------------------------------------------------- Please keep all correspondence within the NewsGroup, so all may benefit ! --------------------------------------------------------------------------- "walt...

How do I have stacked columns and a reg col. on same chart?
I have three variables - payroll expenses, vendor expenses, and management fees. I want payroll and vendor to be on top of eachother, and management to be next to them. Can anyone help? Please? "Kat" wrote: > I have three variables - payroll expenses, vendor expenses, and management > fees. I want payroll and vendor to be on top of eachother, and management to > be next to them. Can anyone help? Hi, Have a look at Jon's page which has a collection of links to examples of how to produce clustered stacked charts. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/Clus...

Hiding multiple columns
I received a spreadsheet with many, but not all, columns populated. When I try to hide multiple columns at a time, I get a message that tells me that I "cannot shift objects of sheet". It only occurs with certain columns. http://support.microsoft.com/?id=170081 XL97: "Cannot Shift Objects Off Sheet" Error Hiding Columns http://support.microsoft.com/?id=211769 XL2000: "Cannot Shift Objects Off Sheet" Error Hiding Columns -- Regards, Tom Ogilvy "MDavis" <MDavis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:115FCE40-9177-4C26-B592-D6CD80...

How to rename a column title in excel?
How to rename a column title in excel? If you mean to change the "A", "B", "C" column headers, you can't. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "atta" <atta@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D0190E8D-61DA-4460-9210-1BD33CEA7E65@microsoft.com... > How to rename a column title in excel? Tools > Options > GeneralTab > check the box marked "R1C1 reference style".........that will change columns A, B, C, etc to columns 1, 2, 3, etc..... othe...

Add comment to entire column
I know you can enter a comment so when you scroll over the column it will show the comment no matter what line you are on, but I can not remember how to do this. I'm not sure it was necessary to re-post this, Cynthia. It's equivalent to multi-posting (i.e. posting exactly the same query, separately, to multiple excel newsgroups) which is a no-no. Please see responses in your earlier post in .worksheet.functions. I've since replied further to your last reply there. It's better to stay within the same thread. Most of the regular responders will read the popular Excel newsg...

Excel 2007: Return rownumber when text data on 3 columns match exa
Using: Excel 2007 I want to document Windows Group Policy settings side by side on a single sheet. To accomplish this task I want to return the row number of the current sheet where the data of the row that has an exact match. The data I want to lookup is in three colums. Example: Column B | Column C | Column D ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Policy | Control Panel | Load a specific visual style Policy | Desktop | Do not add shares Policy | Desktop | Hide Network Location...

distinct values in column
I like to format a column such that it allows only distinct values. fo eg in the column A i have 10 numbers 1to 10 (A1 to A10) . if i ente any value between 1 and 10 in A11 it should not allow. A11,A12.....et should allow only distinct values. pls help me to do this thanks in advanc -- parthaemai ----------------------------------------------------------------------- parthaemail's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3131 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=51928 Data > Validation > Allow whole number > Betw...

Column header text wrapping?
I have a table with some columns that have small data in them i.e. just two characters. The Column header has something like "QTY PER". If I don't want to crop the header text I have to have a column width dictated by the header. Is it possible to wrap the text like in Excel? Thanks Flint flint <flint@f2s.com> wrote in news:1181948853.492357.135820@k79g2000hse.googlegroups.com: > I have a table with some columns that have small data in them > i.e. just two characters. The Column header has something like > "QTY PER". If I don't want to crop the ...

Matching records based on multiple columns
I need to compare records from two different sets of data. Set 1 is a master list and Set 2 is a sublist of the master. The comparison involves three columns from each set; Tag#, Location, S/N. I want to be able to match records from Set 2 to Set 1, ending with an additional column that shows if there is a match (true/false). What is the most efficient way of completing this task? Thanks concatenate a column that contains the 3 required fields on both tabs, then do a vlookup. -- -John http://www.jmbundy.blogspot.com/ Please rate when your question is answered to help us and ot...

Duplicate Columns on Different Sheets
Assuming I have a column on Sheet1 named "Customers1" and another colum named "Customers2" on Sheet2, is there a way that I can automaticall copy any data inputed from Customers1 to Customers2? I currently use =IF(ISBLANK(Sheet1!A1),"",Sheet1!A1) and drag a necessary. This works well but if I insert rows into Sheet1, then must remember to insert the same row into Sheet2. I was thinking if I could automtically copy an entire column, thi would a) make things easy and b) decrease the possibility of error -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Andrew, ...

Not allow entering repeated references in a column
Frank, Sorted! :) :) :) ... sth was missing (<) The formula to be used is =COUNTIF($A$1:$A$25,A1)<=1 and NOT =COUNTIF($A$1:$A$25,A1)=1 ... little things make the difference, isn�t it ;) ? Thank you very much for your support and your time. Ritinh -- ritinh ----------------------------------------------------------------------- ritinha's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1566 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27195 ...

optimising column width & row height
Hello, I have a table whose cells contain text. The lengths of the text strings are unpredictable, and vary quite widely between different records. To minimise the overall size of the table (for printing) I use 'wrap text' , and I juggle column width and row height by double-clicking on the row/column boundaries. This works, but I cannot seem to find an optimum, and every time I add new records I have to start again. Any ideas how to optimise the table size please ? Thanks KK Hi KK, How many columns of data is involved and what restrictions do you want to set on the number...

Sorting column data
How do I sort the data in the columns, I want to make the appear in alphabetical order? Alan I recommend Excel help. Search for: Sort a range. -- Steve "alan.holmes" <alan.holmes27@somewhere.net> wrote in message news:3S9sk.133571$Mn3.46670@newsfe30.ams2... > How do I sort the data in the columns, I want to make the appear in > alphabetical order? > > Alan > > "alan.holmes" <alan.holmes27@somewhere.net> wrote in message news:3S9sk.133571$Mn3.46670@newsfe30.ams2... > How do I sort the data in the columns, I want to make the appe...

Forcing Columns to Next Page
I have a huge spreadsheet that I am printing 1 page high by 2 pages wide on 11x17 paper (we have a plotter). I want to force some of the columns to the next page so that they are kept together with the other columns pertaining to that section. Page break seems to be for rows, not columns. Any help would be appreciated. The easiest way that I can see to do this is to go to View-->Page Break Preview. Drag the blue line that indicates the right edge of the page leftward. ******************* ~Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com <bratdawg@gilanet.com> wrote in message news:1121207346...

hiding columns #5
Hi, I'm trying to hide columns certain columns in my sheet using VB macro. Hiding of column should be based on the selection made by the user. for example I wanna hide Columns X-AW for a view and for other view wanna hide Column A -X. The logic I'm using is in column X I hav placed a pointer "eofr" I look for that using Find method. That works fine but after that th Range I'm giving to hide Columns fails :( . Please see code below. An help will be appreciated! :) Set ExcelLastCell = ActiveSheet.Cells.SpecialCells(xlLastCell) LastColumn = ExcelLastCell.Column Column =...