multiplication table

is there a way to automaticly fill in a multiplication table?  In Cells A2 to
A13 I have 1, 2, 3...11,12.  I then have 1 in B1, 2 in C1, 3 in D1, etc.  Or
in other words, numbers 1-12 going down column A (starting at A2) and numbers
1-12 going across row 1 (starting at B1).  Is there a way to fill this entire
thing in with one formula and dargging?  I know "=A$2*B1" will work for the
entire row, but not the whole table.

Thanks guys,
Robbi
0
Robbi777 (1)

  =$A2*B$1

will work for the whole table.

On Wed, 2 Mar 2005 20:21:02 -0800, "Robbi777"
<Robbi777@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>is there a way to automaticly fill in a multiplication table?  In Cells A2 to
>A13 I have 1, 2, 3...11,12.  I then have 1 in B1, 2 in C1, 3 in D1, etc.  Or
>in other words, numbers 1-12 going down column A (starting at A2) and numbers
>1-12 going across row 1 (starting at B1).  Is there a way to fill this entire
>thing in with one formula and dargging?  I know "=A$2*B1" will work for the
>entire row, but not the whole table.
>
>Thanks guys,
>Robbi

0
anonymous (74722)

Multiple name appearances
Have a list of 1000 names trying to sort by appearances >5. Not sure if Lookup or Hlookup? Pat318 wrote: > Have a list of 1000 names trying to sort by appearances >5. > Not sure if Lookup or Hlookup? If your list is in A1:A1000, put this in B1:B1000 and sort by column B: =COUNTIF($A$1:$A$1000,A1) ...

deleting multiple rows
Hello: I need to be able to delete multiple rows out of a worksheet. What I need to be able to do is have a function/macro that can identify a string of characters and then delete all the rows that have those characters. For example, if row 4, 18, and 45 all had "blue" in them (assume column is A), then I need something to go delete row, 4, 18, and 45. At the top of my worksheet I will have several, probably about 3, criteria, such as, "blue", "red", and "green" that will all need to be deleted. Now here's where I really need help. A row may ...

Prevent new pivot table items from being selected
I have a pivot table that contains accounts and reports sales by account. Users selected the accounts they want to see and save their spreadsheet. When new accounts are added to the accounts list, users do not want to see the new accounts. They only want to see the accounts they selected from a previous session when they refresh the pivot table. Does anyone know how to prevent the new accounts from appearing in the pivot table? Thanks! Tom, Use another column: Include, with values of Yes or No, and include it in your pivot table, showing only Yes. Then when new data is added, enter ...

Unique records in Pivot Tables
Excel 2000 I have data that stores Client Invitation to Tender and Supplier Contract details. Each Client ITT is uniquely identified. However we send out the same ITT to many suppliers so each request for service is given the same identifier, eg Reference Client/Supplier Contract Name Value Status AC/001 Client blah 4,000 pend AC/002 Client blah2 5,000 pend AS/001 Supplier blah3 3,000 pend AS/001 Supplier blah3 3,000 pend When I create my table by Client to get the total value pending ...

Does anyone know how to assign tasks to multiple individuals?
We use organizational boxes and have ocassion to send tasks out to other org boxes (6 usually). The problem is that you (apparently) lose the ability to track individually when you do this. Does anyone have any ideas, other than assigning 6 separate tasks (1 for each org box...). Thanks! ...

Employee Master Table error after V10 SP3
i have updated V10 to SP3, from SP1, and all seems to be fine except if I try to access the employee master table. Either from cards>payroll>Employee, or payroll transaction entry. Anytime I need to do a lookup on an employee id. Here is the message: A Get Change operation on table UPR_MSTR failed accessing SQL Data If I go to the more information or details button: [Microsoft][SQL Native Client][SQLServer] Invalid column name 'EMPLSUFF' [Microsoft][SQL Native Client][SQLServer] Invalid column name 'Dex_Row_TS' -- Doug It looks like an upgrade script failed...

Pivot table novice
As a teacher we tried a new data analysis tool this year in my school which worked really well... except for the fact that it meant manually filling in a table. I'm sure there must be a more efficient electronic way of doing it, but I'm not really an expert on these things. I want to be able to put in a list of data: pupils names with scores from two consecutive tests. Then I want to produce a table with test 1 and test 2 as the headers, and pupils' initials appearing in the relevant box. I have managed to create a Pivot Table to show what I want, except of course, it total...

Sync multiple e-mail accounts
I run Outlook 2007 and Windows Mobile 6. How do I get my contacts and calendar to syncronize between my phone and two e-mail accounts on my computer (G-mail and kiwilink)? "Need to Sync" <Need to Sync@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2ED27720-6208-41A4-BED3-F875E32D4FEB@microsoft.com... >I run Outlook 2007 and Windows Mobile 6. How do I get my contacts and > calendar to syncronize between my phone and two e-mail accounts on my > computer (G-mail and kiwilink)? Google Sync should work for gmail. I have no idea what "kiwilink"...

Adding Hyperlink to multiple values within a cell
My spreadsheet contains a list of people. The cell next to each nam contains multiple numeric values for identifying a specific piece o information. I would like to be able to click on one of those number (value) and a comment window pop up with the information associate with it, or be hyperlinked to the information further down th speadsheet. I want to avoid using multiple cells for this. Is this possible? Thank -- t2tru ----------------------------------------------------------------------- t2true's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=387 View this...

Help to build a table
Please help me to build a table similar to this one The number on the first column will change after 16 times, it will go in sequence from 1001, 1002, etc… The number in the second column will change after 4 times and it will go from 1 to 4 The number in the 3rd column will go from 1 to 4 2nd and 3rd column will keep the same pattern. Cabinet Shelf Location 1001 1 1 1001 1 2 1001 1 3 1001 1 4 1001 2 1 1001 2 2 1001 2 3 1001 2 4 1001 3 1 1001 3 2 1001 3 3 1001 3 4 1001 4 1 1001 4 2 1001 4 3 1001 4 4 1002 1 1 1002 1 2 1002 1 3 1002 1 4 1002 2 1 1002 2 2 1002 2...

Combining Pivot Tables
Hi All, I have a data set of around 100,000 rows which I have imported into excel in two sheets (~50,000 rows each). The data is not in a format that excel can easily parse into a pivot table directly from the source - it requires some formulae in excel to be able to use a pivot table. I have used a pivot table on each of those sheets to summarise the data, and that works fine. However, I would like to be able to get a single summary pivot table from the two sheets (or from the two pivot tables). Is that possible, and if so, how do I go about it? Thanks, Alan. "Alan" <...

Unhandled database exception: A get/change operation on table 'Bat
During Edit Checks, we get the following message: Unhandled database exception: A get/change operation on table 'Batch_Headers' could not find a record. Then we get this message: This transaction was recovered during normal processing. You may continue processing this transaction. Any suggestions? You might want to run Check Links on payables. Before doing this, make sure you have a backup of your dynamics and company databases. Brenner -- www.KlenzmanConsulting.com "GPI" wrote: > During Edit Checks, we get the following message: > > Unhandled databas...

My recipients recieving multiple copies
I'm using Outlook 2002 with Win XP Pro. I have dial up (POP3 & SMTP) in a little town with old phone lines. My recipients (never more than 50) sometimes recieve from 2 to 10 copies of the same message. I have increased the server time-out time from 1 minute to 9 minutes ( I figured that out on my own) but I'm not yet sure if that's the solution because my ISP guy tells me that Outlook really wasn't designed to send one message to more than 3 recipients esp. Bcc (I find that remark very hard to believe). My ISP guy tells me I should get an email program designed t...

Multiple stationeries #2
Hi We have three divisions in the company and need different stationery for each of them. Outlook, as far as I can see, only supports one stationery at a time. Is there a way to create three stationeries as html files and then load them somehow, may be via vba code, using buttons on toolbar? Is there a better way? Thanks Regards If you create three .html files and store them in the C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Stationery directory, they will be accessible from within the stationery chooser. -- Eric Legault (Outlook MVP, MCDBA, old school WOSA MCSD, B.A.) Try Pic...

Grand Substraction instead of Grand Total in pivot table
Hello, I created a pivot table in Excel with Visual Report 2007. I'm using an Outline Code with 2 leaves : Receipts and Expenses. The pivot table created automatically a Grand Total so that $1000 Receipts and $800 Expenses => Grand Total = $1800. My accountant says $200. Generally, it's possible to create calculated fields in the Excel pivot tables. But in the pivot table created by the Visual Reprot, all the Calculated Field options are greyed out. Why ? Thanks for any help I don't know what visual report is, but suspect that it would be more a question for them not Excel a...

Multiple Email Accounts in Windows Live Mail
I added a yahoo.com email address within Windows Live Mail and decided against it. I removed it from the Live Mail properties but yahoo emails continue to post within Live Mail desktop. I've checked the obvious settings but can't find anything to change to make this stop. I want to totally remove yahoo.com email from Windows Live and access yahoo emails from the Internet. Do you by chance have a Hotmail account and in the account on the web site told it fetch mail from Yahoo? Hotmail website: Options, More Options,. Send and receive mail from other e-mail account...

is it possible to host multiple CRM databases on 1 SQL server?
Hi, Is it possible to host two separate (on premise) CRM server databases on one SQL server? I am trying to achieve the above scenario, but there can only be one MSCRM_config database on any one instance of the SQL server. The Implementation guide isn't too clear about what to do in this situation. - Can two CRM databases share the same MSCRM_config file? - Do I need to install another instance of SQL server for the second CRM database? Or is there another solution? Thanks Depends on your CRM installation. If you are running the Enterprise version, then you can add a new org...

remove carriage return in multiple cells
Hello, I have an excel sheet with lots of data. Unfortunately lots of cells contain carriage returns. Is there a way to remove the carriage returns in those cells (more returns in a cell possible)? Thanks, Andy > Andy Select your range, then CTRL+H. In Find What, type 0010 (number keypad) while holding down ALT. Click Replace All. HTH, Andy Try running this macro: Sub RemoveCRLF() Cells.Replace Chr(10), "" Cells.Replace Chr(13), "" End Sub Afterward you may want to turn off Wrap Text (under Format, Cells, Alignment) for the affected cells. -- Jim...

lookup value based on multiple criteria
Banging my head on this one... can anyone help?? I've got several thousand rows of data in three columns, structured similar to example below. Each set of ID numbers represents a separate contact entry (person) in an address book. FIELDNAME could include one or more of about 200 fields, and VALUE may be blank. ID FIELDNAME VALUE 1 FirstName Bob 1 LastName Smith 1 Company Tech Smith, Inc. 2 LastName Johnson 2 Company <blank> 2 FirstName Jim I've got a second sheet set up with all of the 200 possible FIEL...

collating multiple page catalog
I recently got a HP business inkjet 1100d-previously had HP 932. Multiple page catalog in Pub 2002. Was able to print multiple copies & collate with 932. Now Pub will not collate. Word will collate. I tried the old 932 with the catalog after installing the 1100 & it will no longer collate. HP says it probably is a software problem since it works with Word. HELP & thanks ...

Multiple CRM Servers with Multiple Exchange Servers
I've read several places that you can't have multiple CRM servers in a single domain work properly b/c the Exchange Router will only work with one Exchange server. What if you have multiple Exchange servers? Can you use say CRM Server 1 with Exchange Server 1 and CRM Server 2 with Exchange Server 2? yes this should work as each exchange server will also have a microsoft crm exchange connector on it which will only communicate with one crm web server "TG" <TG@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E82D2C8B-CA11-4B66-BF28-083CF98E49A2@microsoft.com......

Deleting multiple rows through a formula
So does anyone know a formula that will allow me to delete multiple rows of re-occuring data in a spreadsheet. For example, I have a spreadsheet of 10,000 lines, with multiple mobile numbers on it. I need to only have one of each mobile number and delete the remaining rows where the mobile has been repeated? Mike you may be able to use the advance filter where can select unique records only. select data filter advanced filter select copy to another location then in list range box enter range to filter in the copy to box enter a free column select unique records only then ok then just ...

Module for searching multiple .doc files on multiple terms?
Hello All, Info on system setup: So I have an Access 2003 DB that is being used for career opportunities. This database sits behind my website where people can go to submit applications and upload their resumes in word.doc format. Every time a resume is upload it is place on a network drive that has a folder named "Resumes". This folder contains about 8500 files. My question... Is there any sort of method that can be used to do a search on all of these word.doc's using multiple criteria? I know that you can do a simple search using Windows that would be "on...

Maintain multiple modified version for a report
My customer's client maintains several companies. Each company requires a different format of PO report. GP only has 2 format for PO's blank and other. They would like to have the capability to maintain several modified version on the PO blank or other form so that they do not have to change report dictionaries everytime a user will print a PO for a different company. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If yo...