Multiplication Error

I am trying to compute an ending sales price after several discount
have been applied. We have a retail price that is discounted multipl
times depending on the type of customer we are dealing with.

For example:

Retail Price = $2.95
Dealer Discount = 50% then 10% then 5%
Dealer Price = $1.26

The sum of the first discount is then multiplied by the next discount
and so on. What formula can I use to compute the following?

2.95 * .50=1.48
1.48*.10=.15
1.48-.15=1.33
1.33*.05=.07
1.33-.07=1.2

Hi

=round((A1*0.5)*0.9*0.95,2)

where A1 contains the retail price

hope this helps
Cheers
JulieD

"ajpowers >" <<ajpowers.17c2p0@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message
> I am trying to compute an ending sales price after several discounts
> have been applied. We have a retail price that is discounted multiple
> times depending on the type of customer we are dealing with.
>
> For example:
>
> Retail Price = $2.95
> Dealer Discount = 50% then 10% then 5%
> Dealer Price = $1.26
>
> The sum of the first discount is then multiplied by the next discount,
> and so on. What formula can I use to compute the following?
>
> 2.95 * .50=1.48
> 1.48*.10=.15
> 1.48-.15=1.33
> 1.33*.05=.07
> 1.33-.07=1.26
>

> ---

JulieD1 (2295)
6/4/2004 4:06:39 PM
THANK YOU!!!!  I tried everything!

you're welcome
"ajpowers >" <<ajpowers.17c8gt@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message
> THANK YOU!!!!  I tried everything!!
>

> ---

JulieD1 (2295)

Move Mailbox errors
I'm currently migrating from Exchange 2000 to Exchange 2003. We're in a native mode Windows 2003 AD. I am migrating about 500 mailbox from a standalone Exchange 2000 to a WIndows 2003 / Exchange 2003 Active/passive cluster configuration. Mailbox moves have been going great up until yesterday. While moving the users in the normal way,2 mailboxes hung at 100%. In the "state" column, it says: "Saving changes to the directory". I let it sit at this stage for more than 10 hours. I then have to cancel the task, then it says cancel running tasks, and this wil...

outlook 2007 error message in archive folders
for no discernable reason some and only some of my archive folders will no longer open and give the following error message: the message interface has returned an unknown error. If the problem persists restart Oultlook I have restarted not only outlook but rebooted my computer with no positive result. I have also gone back a month to a restore point but this has not changed the position. As I say it is only some files and then only some subfiles in larger files. One month ago there were no issues. I have added no new programs to the computer Try running scanpst.exe against y...

Sorting & Grouping On Multiple Fields
Hello, can anyone help me with this? I have four fields in a table call Team1, Team2, Team3 & Team4. Each of the fields are linked to a lookup table that has 22 team names. Persons in the database can be a part of up to four team. I wish to group my report by the 22 teams. My problem is how do I tell my report to check all four fields for each of the 22 team names before it starts to group. For example a person can be in a team call "Hawk" and that is listed in the field call Team1, while another person can also be in "Hawk" but have that listed in the field ...

Error Number: 0x800ccc0e when I try to get messages
Hello, I am a postmaster of our network and I am having some problems with Outlook 2000 and our pop3 server. The problem is that randomly, Outlook's users can not download their mail because they get the error number 0x800ccc0e when they try to send amd receive mail. We are using Microsoft Outlook 2000 SP-3 (9.0.0.6627) and our server is a Linux Debian running a 2.4.27 kernel. I have tried with ipop3d and in.qpopper as a pop3 daemons and with both I get the error. There is no firewall between them and this is the tcpdump capture from the server (our pop3 server runs at port 40110, bu...

80040e19 error occurring with 2nd NIC installed
I am experiencing the 80040e19 error when expanding public folders in Exchange System Manager, Exchange 2000. I have exhausted all suggested MS articles and *still* have not resolved the issue. No evidence of URLScan or iislockdown being run on the server. Strange thing is is that when I disable the newly installed NIC through device manager the public folders can be expanded perfectly. On enabling the NIC, same error. The server is the PDC, Exchange and Intranet server, running IIS on port 80 for local intranet site and the admin website on port 7715. I have checked the host head...

Same account, multiple SMTP servers
I have a user that travels between two job sites and his home on a regular basis. He is using Outlook 2002 and is getting tired of having to change the outbound SMTP server all of the time. I have not been able to find any registry entries that record the SMTP server that would allow me to create some registry files he could click before starting Outlook. Is there any provision in Outlook for trying different servers in priority order until one works? Any other ideas for solving this problem? Thanks, Scott Why don't you just set up a different email account for each STMP account? &g...

Moving between multiple columns quickly
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) I am trying to move across a spreadsheet from one end (column z) back to column A or last cell with data in it without having to tab all the way. on my pc I would use &quot;end&quot; and an arrow key but my mac keyboard does not have an &quot;end&quot; key. How do I do this? You can use Command + arrow key on the mac. ...

space then date causes error
On my spreadsheet they have to type in a date and other calculations are taken from this point. Of the hundreds that have used it there have been no problems, however as always there will always be one....... When they fill in the date they type a space and then type the date, this throws up errors in the other calculations. Not altogether important but is there an easy fix for this, so that if anyone types a space it is ignored, I dont want to get involved in VBA/macro stuff. Right click the sheet tab>view code>insert this>modify range to suit Private Sub Worksheet_Change(By...

Copy sheet in Excel
Hi Wonder if anyone of you encounter this problem before? When I try to copy worksheet in a workbook, the following prompt comes up, indicating name conflict. "A formula or sheet you want to move or copy contains the name 'aaaa', which already exists on the destination worksheet. Do you want to use this version of the name? - To use the name as defined in the destination sheet, click Yes - To rename the range referred to in the formula or worksheet, click No, and enter a new name in the Name Conflict dialog box" When I clicked yes, another prompt comes up indicating ...

American Express
I have my account set up to automatically update from Money 2005 My amex account has multiple cards The statement uploaded into MSM 2005 includes transactions from all cards I want transactions from each card seperated Any ideas Money 2004. "Phil" <Phil@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E7CD0B78-10AB-4A9E-B272-1299B5866B4D@microsoft.com... >I have my account set up to automatically update from Money 2005 > My amex account has multiple cards > The statement uploaded into MSM 2005 includes transactions from all cards > I want transactions from each c...

ameritrade plus error
When I try to download my information from ameritrade plus i get a invalid org error. Anyone else experience this problem. Help Please.. >When I try to download my information from ameritrade >plus i get a invalid org error. Anyone else experience >this problem? YES......EVERYONE!!!!!!!!! ...

Money2002 Setup Error
When I try to setup (windows98) I get the following: "This program has performed an illegal operation and will be shut down. If the problem persists, contact the program vendor." Here are the details: SETUP executed an invalid instruction in module ADVPACK.DLL at 015f:715f5858. Registers: EAX=0066cf04 CS=015f EIP=715f5858 EFLGS=00010206 EBX=0066d364 SS=0167 ESP=0066cdf4 EBP=0066d014 ECX=0066f8d0 DS=0167 ESI=00000348 FS=6017 EDX=0044003c ES=0167 EDI=0066d350 GS=0000 Bytes at CS:EIP: fe ff ff 50 ff 15 68 11 5f 71 56 8d 85 fc fe ff Stack dump: 00000080 bff77b14 71604004 00667000 0...

Error Occured Trying to Promote this email
This happens when trying to promote a email to CRM activity. Can anyone help? Bob ...

New User
Using Outlook 2003 with Exchange Server 2000 on XP Pro SP2 - all service packs updated. Attempted to setup a new user account on this system because previous employee has left and need new profile established. When attempt to setup email through Exchange and click 'Check Name' we get the following error: C:\Windows\System32\shell32.dll, Control_RunDLL C:\Program~1\Common~1\system\MSMAPI\1033\MLCFG32.cpl' "@0" The new user account will work fine on another system on the network, so the problem is not with Exchange but with this local system. Have tried deleting the pro...

how to remove multiple personal folders
Recently I had a few problems with outlook, I have fixed them BUT in the proccess of importing mail from pst files I managed to create multiple personal folders containing similar/same mail. How do I remove unwated personal folders? ...

Publisher doc shuts down, no reason, cannot reopen. error
I work in Microsoft Publisher all the time with my publications. Today, my document shut down after saving and when I try to open it, I get a "cannot open Publisher file" message. Help! I have to get my newsletters out today! Thanks How to troubleshoot a damaged publication in Publisher http://support.microsoft.com/kb/198256/en-us -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Charlene" <Charlene@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3B4F44C3-02EF-4D86-AD96-95866109453C@microsoft.com... >...

XML Serialization : Error reflecting field.... #2

Misleading VS.NET 2003 error message
I got this error message compiler under VS.NET 2003 (no, I haven't tried it under 2005) ParseTrace.cpp i:\mvp_tips\Parser\RDParser\ParseTrace.h(42) : error C2226: syntax error : unexpected type 'BOOL' i:\mvp_tips\Parser\RDParser\ParseTrace.h(42) : error C2238: unexpected token(s) preceding ';' from the following class definition class AFX_EXT_CLASS StackTrace { public: StackTrace(BOOL pushing, TreeNode * n); // <= error was on this line ~StackTrace(); CString ToString(); }; Now try to guess what is wrong. What is wrong is that I forget to ...

Please help
Only one of my users (who us utilizing IE8) is getting the following error when creating a new Timesheet in PWA 'g_oMainForm_name' is null or not an object mytssummary.aspx Code: 0 URI:http://[project server]/mytssummary.aspx Many other folks are using Timesheets - some with IE8 - and it works fine. This is the only user so far who has reported this. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! Andy Novak UNT Hi Andy, Maybe this will help: http://allfaq.org/forums/t/136987.aspx "anovak@unt.edu" wrote: > Only one of my users (who us...

How can I update multiple cells from a UDF?
How can I get a UDF to change the contents of several cells other than the one from which it was called? Can I use named cells or must I use A1 addressing? Prof Wonmug - > How can I get a UDF to change the contents of several cells other than the > one from which it was called? < You can't. A UDF entered into a worksheet cell or cells can only return a value to that cell or those cells. - Mike http://www.MikeMiddleton.com "Prof Wonmug" <wonmug@e.mcc> wrote in message news:v805m510gm5b4e52oefvce4mes88r5bqnu@4ax.com... How can I get...

Copying from multiple worksheets
I want to copy a cell (say A1) from multiple worsheets to a single sheet in different cells (say A2 thru A15) using a formula. if you have some system in the naming of the sheets with numbers like in the default names (Sheet1, Sheet2 etc) it might be possible. Maybe you can post back with more info about the sheet names, otherwise a macro would be the only way Regards, Peo Sjoblom "GMP" wrote: > I want to copy a cell (say A1) from multiple worsheets to a single sheet in > different cells (say A2 thru A15) using a formula. Hi GMP Try this http://www.rondebruin.nl/su...

Formula you typed contains an ERROR message
Hi Everyone - I am trying to enter the following formula: ***************************************************************** =IF($C7="SIL",0, IF((AND(OR($D7="Whole Shelled",$D7="Ground Shelled"),$R7<15.5,$R7>=0)),1, IF((AND($D7="Ground Cob",($R7-5)<15.5,$R7>=0)),0.5165, IF((AND($D7="Whole Shelled",$R7>=50)),0.5572, IF((AND($D7="Ground Shelled",$R7>=50)),0.6288, IF((AND($D7="Ground Cob",($R7-5)>50)),0.3016, IF(AND($D7="Ground Cob",$R7-5<=50,$R7-5>=15.5), INDEX(Tables!$A$131:$D$166,MATCH(($...

How do i use multiple splits or frozen panes?
I am trying to freeze or split multiple panes. I already have frozen panes goin vertically(when i scroll up and down) but i want to also freeze two different panes going horrizontal. I want to view column D so i need to freeze before D and after D. I have no idea if this is even possible ive tried every thing i can think of to try and get it to work. If any one has any sugestions or input it will be greatly appricated. You can email me my names pat and my email address is TrickAssasinz7@yahoo.com Thanks alot You could just Hide columns A, B & C and Freeze Windows from cell ...

CrmExchangeQueueService ' Platform Error Code: 80005010'

syntax error in JOIN operation
Hi, I am not even sure if this can be done. I am trying to reference a table in a query. The table is defined in a form. Here is the query I am working with and I get the syntax error in JOIN operation. SQL = "SELECT Me.tbotbl.Param_Name, " & _ "Me.tbotbl.N, Me.tbotbl.S, " & _ "[MK_Var(S)].[Var(S)], " & _ "IIf([S]=0,0,IIf([S]>0,([S]-1)/([Var(S)]^(1/2)),([S]+1)/([Var(S)]^(1/2)))) AS Z INTO tblMK_Z " & _ "FROM [MK_Var(S)] INNER JOIN Me.tbotbl " & _ "ON ([MK...