multiple windows open

When I d-click (open) and excel document 2 windows automatically ope
and are labled Title.xls:1 and Title.xls:2. When I close one windo
both close. When I re-open the file 2 windows are opened again. I kno
how to add more windows, but do not know how to remove them. Any ideas
Coudn't find anything under F1. Thank you! -Je

Just select then close one of the windows using the "x" on its window.  Do not
close using the Application "x".

Save the workbook.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Fri, 18 Jun 2004 12:18:37 -0500, jlklafin
<<jlklafin.1823sz@excelforum-nospam.com>> wrote:

>When I d-click (open) and excel document 2 windows automatically open
>and are labled Title.xls:1 and Title.xls:2. When I close one window
>both close. When I re-open the file 2 windows are opened again. I know
>how to add more windows, but do not know how to remove them. Any ideas?
>Coudn't find anything under F1. Thank you! -Jen
>

>---

Gord
6/19/2004 1:09:50 AM
From Debra Dalgleish's site:
http://www.contextures.com/xlfaqApp.html#TwoWindows

"jlklafin <" wrote:

> When I d-click (open) and excel document 2 windows automatically open
> and are labled Title.xls:1 and Title.xls:2. When I close one window
> both close. When I re-open the file 2 windows are opened again. I know
> how to add more windows, but do not know how to remove them. Any ideas?
> Coudn't find anything under F1. Thank you! -Jen
>
> ---

Dave Peterson
ec35720@msn.com
0
ec35720 (10082)
6/19/2004 1:28:11 AM
I had the same pb. I think I found the solution.

When your duplicated document is open, go to Window and
select Arrange then choose Tiled for example. You will
then see the 2 versions of your document open. Click on
one of them, double-click on the top left corner with the
tiny Excel icon to close it. You should then be left with
only one version of the document. Now select that version
(the name of the document should not be followed by the
version munber anymore) and save it. Re-open, and only
one version should open.

Hope you manage.
Eric

0
anonymous (74722)

Contacts -- multiple contacts at one company?
Seems simple and obvious, but how? I want to track several contacts at one company in a Public Folder contact list. There doesn't seem to be any decent way to link multiple contacts together, or even duplicate an existing contact so I can fill in a different person's name. My needs are simple. I'm not looking for a CRM package. How do I do this? /kenw Ken Wallewein K&M Systems Integration Phone (403)274-7848 Fax (403)275-4535 kenw@kmsi.net www.kmsi.net See the Contacts window in the bottom left corner of an open Contact - that's where. If you add other Contacts t...

refer to data on multiple worksheets using hlookup/look up data on many worksheets?
Hi I have data on many worksheets in the same workbook. Is it possible to look up data on multiple worksheets using Hlookup, which means can the second argument in the formula refer to multiple sources? If it is not possible, is there any other way I can do so? I would like to select and display data according to a fixed order, whereby the data is located in one of many worksheets in the same workbook. For eg, I have stock returns of many firms in many worksheets. Say I would like to display in a single worksheet the returns of Firm D, Firm Z, Firm R; whereby the data of these 3 fir...

Hyperlinks have stopped opening in emails I receive
Have loaded new antivirus software having deleted older version and since then I can not open any links that are included in emails What happens when you try? If you get an error about restrictions in effect, this is a problem with IE, its not an Outlook error. You need to reset your internet settings in IE's Tools, Internet Options, Advanced tab. (Or Control panel, Internet options, Advanced tab). See http://www.slipstick.com/problems/link_restrict.htm for the latest information. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook &a...

2003 Keeps the default workbook open
When I start Excel, it starts up with a blank workbook. If I immediately open a saved file, it closes the blank workbook... All good... except mine has stopped closing the blank one. So I always end up with 2 workbooks open, the one I opened and a blank one that I'm not interested in! Is this a setting? if so where? Can I fix it? thanks... M Did you or someone create a default workbook (ie, Book.xltx or Book.xltm) and save it in "C:\Users\YourUsername\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Excel\XLSTART"? On 5/9/2010 4:17 AM, Michelle wrote: > When I start...

When launching Excel 2007 the VB debuger always opens
I am testing Excel 2007 Beta 2 on two computers. On one of them, XP SP2 there is no problem. On the other, 2003 Server SP1, each time I open Excel a VB window opens up, with a message that says "Compile error: Cant find project or library." If I close that window I get a message saying that the debugger will stop. If I close that, Excel reacts normally. Any suggestions? Thanks ccoates@gfs.com Hi Chris, Do you have any templates loading on the second computer? Any add-ins? What is shown in VB itself when you see the error message? Which module are you in? This sounds like...

Fiscal Periods Setup Window
Can someone tell me how to make the Fiscal Periods Setup window default to our current fiscal year when you open it. Our fiscal year ended on 8/29/2007 and when we open the window it is showing Fiscal Year 2007 not 2008. We have to change it each time. Thanks, ...

Two Onenote windows on startup (command line switch)
Hi, I have a dual monitor setup, one being a tablet PC, and wanted to get two Onenote windows ready upon startup: - A normal window, opening my last used file and without full screen - let's consider this one the standard launched window, so it's already there by adding onenote.exe to the startup group, so no issues here. - The second window I would like to be on the tablet, and I believe I could get that extra screen by adding a second shortcut with the /sidenote switch (or can I not? Haven't tried as it's not my ideal scenario), but I would ideally want it to open a new On...

Turn Off Windows Live Messenger
Windows Live Messenger starts up every time I access my Hotmail account. I have no use for Live Messenger and it's very annoying that it runs every time I check my email account. I have it configured so it does not load when I start Windows. How can I set Live Messenger so it only loads if and when I want to run the program? If you are referring to checking your email in Windows Live Mail (Desktop not Web version) then you would go to options then uncheck the box next to Automatically log on to Windows Live Messenger. If you already have it set not to run at startup t...

Menu od child windows
Hi! Is it possible to put menu od child window when using MDI? "Jolpez" <jolpez@no.com> wrote in message news:hq2qcn$7ld$1@gregory.bnet.hr... > Is it possible to put menu od child window when using MDI? Yes, you can use the MdiWindowListItem property of the MenuStrip to set the ToolStripMenuItem that should display the list of child forms. "Jolpez" <jolpez@no.com> wrote in message news:hq2qcn$7ld$1@gregory.bnet.hr... > Is it possible to put menu od child window when using MDI? Please tell us which word you meant to type inste...

Re Installing Windows Defender
Hi! I am trying to re install Windows Defender But each time I try to I get a message saying "unable to install because Microsoft Client Protection is ON please remove same an run installer again" I have uninstalled Windows Defender using Add and Remove Also did a search in My Computer and Registry nothing found How do I install Windows Defender ThanX Do not install Windows Defender-----Instead install MSE (Microsoft Security Essentials) Read about it at MS. "Mike van der Merwe" <michaelvdm@telkomsa.net> wrote in message news:2-a...

Desktop shortcut opens app but will not open file
When one of my users clicks on a desktop shortcut (MS Excel), the program opens but the file will not. The user can open the file directly by going into Excel and clicking open , file, etc. Thanks, Glen This are the usual things to fix this Tools>Options>General uncheck "Ignore other Applications" Exit Excel and try again If this doesn't work try to re-register Excel Close Excel first and On the Windows Taskbar 1 ) Start>Run "excel.exe /unregserver"(no quotes)>OK. 2) Start>Run "excel.exe /regserver"(no quotes)>OK. See the space be...

Multiple SMTP Address
If a user is set up to have multiple SMTP address setup in active directory. When they send an email in outlook how can they chose which one it is from. You can only do this, in the setup you describe, by using a 3rd party app such as ChooseFrom from www.ivasoft.biz -- Mark Arnold. "Shane" wrote: > If a user is set up to have multiple SMTP address setup in active directory. > When they send an email in outlook how can they chose which one it is from. On Tue, 31 May 2005 06:41:03 -0700, "Shane" <Shane@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >If a user is s...

Open outlook express eml files with Office Outlook
How can I get my Microsoft Outlook e-mail software to open a Outlook Express .eml file save on a network. My objective is to be able to double click the .eml file or drag and drop it into my Microsoft Outlook application. Thank you, LS Lance <llscott@csicable.net> wrote: > How can I get my Microsoft Outlook e-mail software to > open a Outlook Express .eml file save on a network. My > objective is to be able to double click the .eml file or > drag and drop it into my Microsoft Outlook application. You have to open in with Outlook Express and then move it to Outlook fro...

Parse multiple text lines into 1 line in excel
help. I am an excel beginner and can't find out how to turn multipl lines of text into 1 row in excel. It's probably really easy but m manual is USELESS. Can anyone help ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com debbie You're a little short on details. If nothing below fits the bill post back. "Multiple lines" is how many and is each line in a separate cell down one column? Do you want all lines to go into one cell? You can use this form...

User Activity window in GP 9
Hi! Does anyone know why GP removed the User Activity option under Tools-Setup-System in GP 9? How can you tell who's logged in the system without going to SQL Query Analyzer or Enterprise Mgr? Thanks -- Marisol Mortera Hi Marisol, Now found under Tools --> Utilities --> System Robert Marisol wrote: > Hi! > > Does anyone know why GP removed the User Activity option under > Tools-Setup-System in GP 9? How can you tell who's logged in the system > without going to SQL Query Analyzer or Enterprise Mgr? Thanks ...

DPM RC 2010 Agent Install on Windows Server 2008 R2
We are having trouble installing the DPM agent on a terminal server running Windows Server 2008 R2. If we install the agent manually, it installs fine and then gives this error when we try to attach it: 0x80004005 We removed all group policies from the server and turned off the firewall, but we still get this error. When I uninstalled the agent and tried to re-install through the console, this is what was in the error log: 12BC 0E94 04/06 14:07:08.824 03 agentcfg.cpp(475) [000000000076C200] NORMAL Cound not find configuration for DPMRA 12BC 0E94 04/06 14:07:08.824 03 run...

how do i open a publisher file created in new version?
I get publisher files in new versions of publisher. I have publisher 2000. I can't open these files but don't want to update publisher. Is there a download program I can get to translate these files? "Peg" <Peg@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4BD8AEDC-8386-4E7B-9D12-DAF429B171A2@microsoft.com... >I get publisher files in new versions of publisher. I have publisher 2000. > I can't open these files but don't want to update publisher. Is there a > download program I can get to translate these files? There is not a download to tra...

Multiple copies of E-Mail messages
I am using Outlook 2002 (10.4219.4219) SP2 with a Windows XP Professional operating system. Just in the last couple days I've started to experience a problem with incoming e-mail messages. I use Outlook to retrieve e-mail from at least four different accounts, from at least two different servers. When I receive a new e-mail message that is addressed to one of these e-mail accounts, I get two extra copies of that message, and each of these extra copies are addressed to two of my other accounts. So what I end up with is three copies with three different TO: addresses. This only happens ...

Offline Address Book, Multiple Administrative Groups
Hello, We recently deployed an additional Exchange server in our organization and placed it into its own administrative group, now users on the new server are getting 8004010F errors in Outlook when attempting to download the offline addresss book. The users who are on the original server do not receive these errrors when downloading the address book. If anyone can provide some assitance it would be greatly appreciated. It's look like this http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;162703 "jballin" <jballin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message...

Multiple AND OR functions
Is it possible to make this function work? =IF(AND(AND($B9="Z",AE9=35),OR(J9=1,J9="M",J9="C")),1000,IF(AND(AND($B9="A+",AE9=35),OR(J9=1,J9="M",J9="C")),750)) I need to find out if Cell B9 = Z and if Cell AE9 = 35, if this true then check cell J9 and check if it equals 1, M or C then return the value as 1000. (that bit works OK) I also want it to check if an alternative statement is true if the first is false whereby it checks the the same set of cells but this time, check if B9 =A+, if Cell AE9 = 35, if this true then...

Word windows 07 docs let's crash win for mac 2008

Match formula to match values in multiple columns
Hi all, does any friend know that how can I make below formula work MATCH(A2,$K$2:$M$30,0) I am not sure I have understood correectly. Please go through the below example With data as below if you need to retrive the name of the 1st Rank holder from London. D2 = 1 D3 = London In D4 apply the below formula =INDEX($B$2:$B$9,MATCH(1,($A$2:$A$9=D2)*($C$2:$C$9=D3),0)) Please note that this is an array formula. You create array formulas in the same way that you create other formulas, except you press CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER to enter the formula. If successful in 'Formula Bar'...

Noob Question For Selecting Multiple Fields On A Form
Hello... In versions earlier than 2007 I would be able to go to the Menu Bar and click Edit -> Select All to select all fields on the form. Now, my question is... where in 2007 did the put that functionality? If Microsoft removed it from there... where did they recreate it? Thanks! Squirrel "SQLSQUIRREL" <SQLSQUIRREL@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:333547A1-9C6A-422B-9CD5-97D79D6037DF@microsoft.com... > Hello... > > In versions earlier than 2007 I would be able to go to the Menu Bar and > click Edit -> Select All to se...

opening excel worksheet
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel whenever I try to open an existing excel worksheet it opens very short. I have to drag it down to the bottom of the screen, is there a setting that i need to adjust? No, simply SAVE the workbook after you adjust it. Next time, it will open at the size you want. On 27/03/10 6:42 AM, in article 59bb6065.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0, "scrapper@officeformac.com" <scrapper@officeformac.com> wrote: > Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel > wh...

Search Multiple Worksheets #2
Is there a way to search trough multiple worksheets for a specific value? Other posts have mentioned to use VBA, but I have never used that before. If anyone can give me some advice on using that or a type of formula to perform that can search multiple worksheets. Thank You There may be other ways but, while holding down the ctrl key select each of the worksheet tabs you want to search in then select Edit|Find from the menu. Type in the value you want and it will go to the first instance of that value. Now if you are wanting to preserve a specifice value for reference or ???, then...