Multiple hyperlinks in one cell

Hey,

I'm stuck with an excel problem which I cannot solve. I want to pu
different messages in one cell and add a hyperlink to some of thes
messages.

For example I want to put this information all into one cell

"message1 - message2(with hyperlink) - message3(with hyperlink)
message4"

I really hope it is possible to create multiple hyperlinks within on
cell, but for now I can only add a hyperlink to a cell.

If you would know how I could fix this issue I would be reall
gratefull.

Thx in advance,

Veroniqu

If it's really important, you can cheat a little.

Select your cell.
Use the formula bar to select the text that should look like a hyperlink.
Make it a nice blue shade and underline it (so it looks kind of like a link).

Do the same with the second string, too.

Now View|toolbars|Drawing (show it)

Use the rectangle icon and draw a box around the text that represents the first
hyperlink and then the second link.

Right click on each rectangle and select Hyperlink and add the link.

Now right click on each rectangle and select format autoshape.  On the "colors
and lines" tab, change the fill color to "No Fill".  And change the line color
to "No Line".

If you position the rectangles over the text, it might even look and work ok.

Adid wrote:

> Hey,
>
> I'm stuck with an excel problem which I cannot solve. I want to put
> different messages in one cell and add a hyperlink to some of these
> messages.
>
> For example I want to put this information all into one cell
>
> "message1 - message2(with hyperlink) - message3(with hyperlink) -
> message4"
>
> I really hope it is possible to create multiple hyperlinks within one
> cell, but for now I can only add a hyperlink to a cell.
>
> If you would know how I could fix this issue I would be really
> gratefull.
>
> Thx in advance,
>
> Veronique
>
> ---

Dave Peterson
ec35720@msn.com
0
ec35720 (10082)

continued: multiple selections in a list-box
There was a thread started on 9/15 about this (see below) where a list box with multiple selections would be dropped into a text field separated by by commas (or whatever you want). The corrolary to this then is: now that I've got a text / memo item filled with multiple values, how do I extract that back to the list-box if the form is opened up later to that record. Secondarily, is there a way to pull each of the values from the list box and have it populate a different table that has the record number and choice. For example, the main form (tbl_main) has you choose three or more...

Outlook and message rules- can't get one to work?
I have set up message rules to divert mail from my inbox to various sub folders or new folders. I use these:- Check messages when they arrive\ from people or distribution list \ with specific words in the senders address \ with specific words in the subject or body Now the problem is that some of the messages are recieved from people in my address book and when they send a message sometimes their name and address is in the 'from' and other times it is just their name and so the ones with just their name do not get moved across to the folder I want. I have added their name or...

Getting a filename into VBA and putting it into cells
Basically what I have is a button that creates a new column that should be full of linked values. When the user hits the button, he is asked to select a file from his hard-drive; the code then takes the name of that file and creates a number of links in the new column. So for example: 1) User hits button and selects the closed excel file C:\Tempfiles\Testsheet.xls 2) Excel creates the new column and populates it with formulas that link to the file; in A1 it enters ='C:\Tempfiles\[Testsheet.xls]Overview'!$A$1 in A2 it enters ='C:\Tempfiles\[Testsheet.xls]Budget'...

Managing multiple worksheets 03-24-10
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I regularly create files with 50+ worksheets with interlinked references - mostly historical and projected financial statements. Is there anyway possible to group files in a folder in the tab bar at the bottom of the sheet for ease of navigation? For example, can I group together all worksheets for 2009, 2010 etc in separate folders that can be expanded or contracted for ease of navigation? <br><br>Thank you On 3/24/10 12:16 PM, dad4peanuts@officeformac.com wrote: > Version: 2008 Operating System: M...

Auto moving cells
We use Excel 2002 XP at work, and im trying to find out if its possible to get excel to auto move a cell to the next column. The spread sheet is setout with 5 columns and is about 20 rows down. Each cell has a number in it (which is the number of each till in the store). This gets change quite a few times each week and as they are all in alphabetical order, if a number needs adding or removed, we have to keep doing it buy insert shit cells down etc, then the problem is since its only 20 rows down 1 cell will move on to row 21. Would it be possible to make excel auto maticall move this cell...

cell range not changing when refreshing linked data- sumproduct fo
The cell range is not updating correctly to reflect the last row in the data sheet that is being refreshed. 5878 is the correct number of rows and 5824 is not. I can find and replace in my formulas to correct the problem, but it does it each time the data is refreshed. Any suggestions as to why? =(SUMPRODUCT((Expense!$B$2:$B$5878=$C$2)*(Expense!$C$2:$C$5878=$C$3)*(Expense!$W$2:$W$5824=$A6)*(Expense!$M$2:$M$5878))) I gave you the INDIRECT option y'day, but received no feedback from you in that thread. Looks like you're more interested in knowing why? One simple hunc...

Can a user's Worlplace be defaulted to a standard one
Hi, Is it possible to set a standard Workplace that users will see based on either their role or team? We have a client who wants to set standard worplaces for respective teams/users. TIA Hi GP, Ian Watson had a good method-- "simply click on Workplace bar, then just above click on "personalize Workplace" then tick on or off what you need" This could also be done through changing the security role to allow certain privaleges. You cant change a system security role, you have to copy it and rename it. Settings | Security Roles | highlight the role you want to copy | ...

move multiple folders in outlook 2003 Public Folders
I am using Outlook 2003 and use Public Folders to hold Project Emails etc. At the end of each month, I need to move the folders created in the month to an archive Public Folder. For example, I would have public folders called 091101-420, 091101-421, 091102-423, 091104-424 and would need to move them to an archive folder 0911. I currently right click the folder to be moved, select "Move...", select 0911 from the drop down list and then click "OK". I have to do this for each folder. I can't see a way of selecting multiple Public Folders to move them all at o...

multiple domains
Hello, Can anyone tell me what I need to do on our exchange server to allow it to receive mail for multiple domains. I have the email address setup but it gets returned stating that the mailbox is unavailable on the second domains email. Our DNS is hosted at the ISP and the mx record is pointing to our server. Thank you. Tim Lewis wrote: > Hello, > > Can anyone tell me what I need to do on our exchange server to allow > it to receive mail for multiple domains. I have the email address > setup but it gets returned stating that the mailbox is unavailable on > the s...

Single user
A siingle user should be able to log onto the system multiple times without using multiple licenses. WE have two companies established on Great Plains and often it is convenient to have botrh companies open at the same timie - but when a single person does this he is using two licenses!!! Should not be !!! ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in t...

Cell Reference to Page Header
Is is possible to reference a cell in the page header? I am hoping to have a sheet where demographic information can be inputted. Name, Address, etc. Then have that demographic information show in the header of every sheet printed. Hi only possible with VBA, not with a cell reference. -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Allen wrote: > Is is possible to reference a cell in the page header? I > am hoping to have a sheet where demographic information > can be inputted. Name, Address, etc. Then have that > demographic information show in the header of every sheet &...

Contacts with multiple email addresses #2
Need Help When I right-click a contact and click create new message, all of the contacts three email addresses autimatically appear in the "to" line. How do I prevent this from happening. In other words, how do I make one the three addresses for that contact a default address so that only that one appears when I try to send an email. Thanks ...

Multiple combo boxes on a form
I have a form based on two tables. I would like a combo box for a field from each table that will fill in various fields from the relevant table. Does anyone have any suggestions? On Fri, 17 Aug 2007 23:58:37 GMT, "Malt" <u36720@uwe> wrote: >I have a form based on two tables. I would like a combo box for a field from >each table that will fill in various fields from the relevant table. Does >anyone have any suggestions? Why would you want to do that? It sounds like you're trying to store data from one table redundantly into a second table. This is essentially ...

Multiple table lookup
How do I set the LOOKUP formulas for this situation: TABLE 1: * Column A displays the names of salesmen (10) * Cells B1:F1 display the names of Products (5) * In cells B2:F11 are displayed the % of budget achieved by each salesman for each of the 5 products TABLE 2: In a separate table I set up a commission matrix showing the % commission due for each product according to the % of budget achieved; the names of the products run across the top, the % achieved vs. budget in column A, and the % commission payable in the intersecting cells TABLE 3: Contains the lookup formulas that calcul...

can IF leave a cell EMPTY ??
I'm attempting some simple (to me at least) data analysis and am running into trouble with zero values in the data array (region). These zero values (null string: "", actually) represent non-existant data that I'd like the chart to ignore, but as the array actually contains formulas the chart engine does not see an empty cell. Is it possible to use IF to cause a cell to appear Empty (ie, IsBlank(cell) == True) ? Something like: " = if (condition, reference, Empty) " My raw data consists of date shipped and date recieved; I have created an array (Mon, Tue...

copying non adjancent cells
sorry Ms. debra dalagliesh I missed your reply to my query. I got it later through google groups search. thank you very much for clarifying my doubts. I am repeating your message for the sake of readers seeing only this messagae copy of Ms. Dalgleish's message from: Debra Dalgleish (dsd@contexturesXSPAM.com) Subject: Re: copying non adjacent cells If you want to copy multiple ranges, the selections must match in rows and columns In each column, the same rows must be selected, or nothing is selected In each row, the same columns must be selected, or nothing is selected For example, you...

Update one text box based on another text box
I'm using Access 2007. I have three date fields we use for follow up: FU1 FU2 FU3 Then I have a text box I've named Status and a check box I've named Not Interested. The idea is for us to enter a date in FU1 after the first follow up is completed. Once the date is entered in FU1, the Status text box is updated to read "First Follow Up". Same goes for FU2 and FU3. If the Not Interested check box is checked off, the Status is updated to "Not Interested". This all works. My problem is if any of the dates are removed from any of the follow up date...

Stop selecting blocks of cells
I am happily going along selecting certain cells with my mouse when, all of a sudden, a click of the mouse starts selecting five cells at a time. I don't have extend selection in use, that's not the problem. Any ideas? You might see what happens when you touch the f8 key or beat up your mouse or your keyboard shift key -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "Legallisa - switching from WordPerfect" <LegallisaswitchingfromWordPerfect@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:255A9B14-BA65-4F56-8BDC-0D2335F59D9C@micr...

Multiple Profiles
My wife and I have separate Outlook (2002) user profiles. When I set-up my signature, it shows up on her e-mail. She changed the signature in her profile, now that signature shows up on my e-mail. Can Outlook 2002 handle only one signature at a time? Can we each set a signature specific to our profile w/out it affecting the other's profile? Thanks, mucrick I don't believe so, unfortunately. It just doesn't work that way. mucrick wrote: > My wife and I have separate Outlook (2002) user > profiles. When I set-up my signature, it shows up on her > e-mail. She c...

SQL 2008 R2 is not let to login with one of login ID
Hello, I have SQL 2008 R 180 installed as default instance on my laptop. Access is mixed mode When I log into my laptop as administrator, I can login using sa without any problem But when I login as a different User ( with admin rights) , SSMS does not let me log in using sa or Windows authentication. Any idea why would this be an issue Zee Aay (viol-8-r@hotmail.com) writes: > I have SQL 2008 R 180 installed as default instance on my laptop. > Access is mixed mode > When I log into my laptop as administrator, I can login using sa without > any problem &g...

Give multiple charts on a worksheet/workbook same header or footer
Using Excel 2003, SP1 I'm creating many charts throughout a large workbook that has many worksheets, and there are several charts on each worksheet. It is a pain to set the header and footer individually for each chart. Can I group these charts together (possibly only in the active worksheet at any one time) to give them all the same header and footer, as I can group worksheets together in a workbook, to give them all the same header and footer? TIA Have you tried it? If it didn't work, you might consider recording a macro to do the needful. Select a chart. Then, record a ...

cell formating #2
I want to have 2 columns one headed start and the other finish. In the start column I will be inputing dd/mm and the time in 24hour format i.e 05:00 In the finish column it will be the same apart from the time that will be later and could possibly be the next day say 01:00 (20 hours). I will have a 3rd column that will show the total hours from start to finish. At the bottom of the 3rd column will be a weekly total of all the hours. So far I have formatted the cells in the 3rd column and it is showing me the hours worked, but I cannot seem to get the weekly total cell to format,if I try the no...

one user can't access outlook but can use OWA
Hi Strange problem. One of my users can get access to emails fine from OWA. However, when they open Outlook Client (XP) it keeps prompting for their login curdentials... When we enter the correct user name and password it says it's wrong and offers to change it - we can't do that as it says she has no permissions... I can get access to her inbox in offline mode (unplug the network cable) so she can read her messages (new messages arrive fine). She can not send any emails from outlook at she gets an NDR from exchange saying its not possible with that account... We deleted...

Moving Exchange 2003 from one box to another #2
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_00EC_01C61758.5F3AAE80 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="koi8-r" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi, Any pointers/whitepapers in moving Exchange installation along with = mailboxes and public folders from one box to another? Second box will = have it's own unique name and original box will still stay there with = Exchange services disabled. Thanks, GS ------=_NextPart_000_00EC_01C61758.5F3AAE80 Content-Type: text/html; charset="koi8-r" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!D...

Create a Hyperlink as part of a macro
I'm trying to set up a macro where each time it runs, it inserts a new worksheet with a hyperlink from the initial sheet to the new one. However, when I run the macro, the hyperlink always takes me to the worksheet I used when recording the macro. I think the problem is that the hyperlink I set up was to a specific worksheet only, so I'm wondering if there is a way to program the macro to update the hyperlink to the new worksheet each time. Can anyone help? Can you show us your code? "Nahraine" wrote: > I'm trying to set up a macro where each time it runs, i...