Multiple hyperlinks in one cell

Hey,

I'm stuck with an excel problem which I cannot solve. I want to pu
different messages in one cell and add a hyperlink to some of thes
messages.

For example I want to put this information all into one cell

"message1 - message2(with hyperlink) - message3(with hyperlink)
message4"

I really hope it is possible to create multiple hyperlinks within on
cell, but for now I can only add a hyperlink to a cell.

If you would know how I could fix this issue I would be reall
gratefull.

Thx in advance,

Veroniqu

If it's really important, you can cheat a little.

Select your cell.
Use the formula bar to select the text that should look like a hyperlink.
Make it a nice blue shade and underline it (so it looks kind of like a link).

Do the same with the second string, too.

Now View|toolbars|Drawing (show it)

Use the rectangle icon and draw a box around the text that represents the first
hyperlink and then the second link.

Right click on each rectangle and select Hyperlink and add the link.

Now right click on each rectangle and select format autoshape.  On the "colors
and lines" tab, change the fill color to "No Fill".  And change the line color
to "No Line".

If you position the rectangles over the text, it might even look and work ok.

Adid wrote:

> Hey,
>
> I'm stuck with an excel problem which I cannot solve. I want to put
> different messages in one cell and add a hyperlink to some of these
> messages.
>
> For example I want to put this information all into one cell
>
> "message1 - message2(with hyperlink) - message3(with hyperlink) -
> message4"
>
> I really hope it is possible to create multiple hyperlinks within one
> cell, but for now I can only add a hyperlink to a cell.
>
> If you would know how I could fix this issue I would be really
> gratefull.
>
> Thx in advance,
>
> Veronique
>
> ---

Dave Peterson
ec35720@msn.com
0
ec35720 (10082)

Hyperlink has changed on file re-opening
[Excel 2002, Win XP Pro] Hi All, i have cells in a sheet whose cell contents are hyperlinked to wor documents. the hyperlink is generated using VBA. part of the fil name includes the '[' and ']' characters (square brackets) when the macro is run, everything works fine (click in one of the cell and the appropriate word file opens) BUT when the workbook is closed an re-opened, the '[' & ']' is changed to '%5b' and '%5d' respectivel (which i guess is some srt of charatcer code for those symbols) if the hyperlink macro is re-run, it 're...

Need VB code to edit cell values
I need some VB to do the following please (My VB is not good enough yet) Starting from the active cell (call it the StartCell) In the cell to the left.. ThreeChars = Value.right(3) (the last three chars) Value = Value - last three characters (assume value is text & at least 3 chars present) In StartCell.. value = ThreeChars (as text, overwrite any contents of StartCell) move active cell one down from StartCell Examples of before/after -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguillett@gmail.com "Stephen Ford" <Stephen_Ford_no@spam_uwclub....

Multiple Routing Groups
Up to this point we have used a single routing group for our enterprise. It now appears to make more sense to create multiple routing groups, so outbound can route through local gateways, and not traverse the country needlessly. While I am researching this, are there any gotcha's or other experiences or things to be aware of when switching to multiple routing groups? tia "Tom Felts" <tfelts@mckennalong.com> wrote: >Up to this point we have used a single routing group for our enterprise. It >now appears to make more sense to create multiple routing gro...

Search for a text in a cell and give the outcome later
Dear expert, C30 to C60 contains some data. Say I wan to find piano and use =MATCH("*piano*",C30:C60,0) in cell D31 It gives me the anwer 20 in D31. 20 is the squence of piano. How can I use the function and use return the the whole cell content which is "Play Piano"? I only know where it is. How to locate where and give the whole content in D32 please? Thanks Elton Play games Play golf Play guitar Play piano Play Kite Play Sccoer Play cards Play WII Play music =INDEX(C30:C60,D31) -- Regards! Stefi „Elton Law” ezt írta: &g...

merging 3 spreadsheets into one based upon a single common data field
OK I hope you guys can help me out. Here is the scenario. I have 3 spreadsheets. The main spreadsheet I working with has 500 lines with a unique number string. The next two spreadsheets have about 12000 lines but also contain the same unique string as the first spreadsheet. I want to search the 2nd and 3rd spreadsheet using the first spreadsheets unique id number and then take the information from the 2nd and 3rd spreadsheet and then merge it into the first. Does that make since? Any help would be great. -- xchosen --------------------------------------------------------------------...

Changing a cell color....
Hi, Can someone help me how can I change a cell color using the"IF" command??? Thank you, Shaul On Mon, 27 Oct 2003 22:27:56 +0200, Shaul <bagaz@netvision.net.il> wrote= : > Hi, > Can someone help me how can I change a cell color using the"IF" = > command??? Under the Format menu, pick Conditional Formatting. -- = Dave dvt at psu dot edu ...

How can I put a text box in every cell?
Two questions: -How can I put a text box in every cell that I am using WITHOUT having to insert on manually every time? AND - How can I make sure that a text box inserts itself automatically into a new row whenever I add a row? Thanks! One way is to select the row with the text box and copy it to the next row. Copy and paste it several times and then select the rows and paste them as a group. "bmowell" wrote: > Two questions: > > -How can I put a text box in every cell that I am using WITHOUT having to > insert on manually every time? &g...

moving large amounts of data from one db to another
I have a table that has millions of rows of data in it, which then references another table with millions of referenced (matching by foreign key constraints)... I need to move this data from database A to a new database B, is there any way to do this and preserve the identity columns and their referential integrity?) Thanks! You can't have integrated RI across databases so that part is out. But you can certainly insert and keep the identities. Take a look at SET IDENTITY INSERT in BOL. -- Andrew J. Kelly SQL MVP Solid Quality Mentors "Smokey Grindel"...

Pulling data from multiple worksheets
I have one worksheet with a listing of client numbers and names. I would like to be able to type in a client number on another worksheet and have the client name automatically populate. Look at the Vlookup function or the combination of Index / Match. Vlookup will be a little more straight forward for a first timer but Index / Match is generally speaking a more flexible and less error prone solution. -- HTH... Jim Thomlinson "parthur" wrote: > I have one worksheet with a listing of client numbers and names. I would > like to be able to type in a clie...

Help with an expression to calculate a profit from one of three fi
Using Access 2003 SP3 - in Forms I know I'm probably asking a very complex question, so a very big THANK YOU to whomever can help. I am doing a detailed inventory and need help with an expression in my form that will calculate my profit based on one of three fields. Only one field would have the end data. To clarify what I am working with: Most stock items come by the "unit" and contain multiple "subunits" which, in turn, contain smaller "pieces." However, some "units" only come with "subunits" and some only come as &quo...

Can I calculate a field with 2 different filter criteria in one q
Hi, I have a data source table with a customer name field and various metrics fields, I'd like to sum metric "a" based on customer name being like "abc" and another sum of metric "a" where the customer name is NOT LIKE "abc" in one query, but I can't seem to figure this out, but, I'm a novice at this. Best I can figure is 2 different queries, then a 3rd query to bring the two together. Thanks -- Jim jimd wrote: >Hi, I have a data source table with a customer name field and various metrics >fields, I'd like to sum metric &...

how can I split one cell's data into two cells?
I am using Excel as a database, and have a column with cells with a person's name (text) in it...e.g., John Smith. NOW, after the fact, I wish to have a column with just John in it, and another column with just Smith...but I have NO idea how to do this! Help would be appreciated. Thank you. Please refrain from multiposting, you have answers in one of the 4! newsgroups you posted the same question in. Multiposting is frowned upon and even the MS web interface states so -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom Excel 95 - Excel 2007 Northwest Excel Solutions www.nwexcelsolutions.com "It ...

How do you convert a formula cell to a constant cell
I use a formula to calculate the value, such as time difference, and want to save the value not the formula. The value (constant) will be used later to adjust both time cells used as arguments in the original formula--thus the need to preserve the value computed rather than the formula. After calculation, copy the cell with the formula then Edit - Paste Special - Values on the same cell. HTH "JQLogan" wrote: > I use a formula to calculate the value, such as time difference, and want to > save the value not the formula. The value (constant) will be used later to > ...

Inserting a hyperlink when using Smart Art
Is it possible to insert a hyperlink when using smart art?? ...

Multiple 2d charts in a 3d display
I'm trying to get a visual representation of a database of info regarding loan analysis using a line graph. I want the data to show line items of widely varying values, and the lines I have come out flat in some instances because the y-axis is calibrated for up to six figures for some values, but single digits for others. Is there any way to create several 2d charts, then "stack" them up on a non-contiguous z-axis? ...

Is there a way to turn off the multiple / separate windows is GP 1
Is there a way to turn off the multiple / separate windows is GP 10.0? I have several users that are confused and overwhelmed by having multiple windows open up. Is there any way to enable/disable this feature? No there is not. Also there is no plan to change the current behavior. "mdrewes" wrote: > Is there a way to turn off the multiple / separate windows is GP 10.0? I > have several users that are confused and overwhelmed by having multiple > windows open up. Is there any way to enable/disable this feature? Hence the word Windows Hence the word "windows&q...

Merging three publisher documents into one
How do I merge three Publisher documents into one master document? All three are in the same format. Copy and paste. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "jo" <jo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:91582EF0-7004-4BF3-9F40-1B82AE85C1BC@microsoft.com... > How do I merge three Publisher documents into one master document? All > three > are in the same format. ...

how multiple recipient policies work in E2K3
If I have multiple recipient policies do they all get applied or only the one with the highest priority? Can someone explain a scenario where having multiple policies are used and also how the priority works? Try the article below http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=319201 -- Teo Heras MCSE, CCNA Blog: http://teoheras.blogspot.com/ "AdminKen" wrote: > If I have multiple recipient policies do they all get applied or only the > one with the highest priority? > > Can someone explain a scenario where having multiple policies are used and > also how the prior...

How do I create a hyperlink to a web page in Excel?
How do I create a hyperlink to a web page in Excel? I click on Insert/Hyperlink. Click the on the "Browse the Web" button and slect a web site. After creating the hyperlink, I am unable to open the hyperlink. I get a error message box saying, "Unable to open. Unable to locate Internet server or Proxy server". Try copying the webpage address and pasting it into a cell. With the cell selected, press F2 and Enter and it will create the hyperlink for you. HTH -- Sincerely, Michael Colvin "Olowalu" wrote: > How do I create a hyperlink to a web page i...

Problem with empty cells when creating chart using vba
Hello, I am facing difficulties to create a chart from a sheet containing empty cells (I use Excel 2003 SP2). My sheet looks similar to this: A B C 1 0.1 2 0.2 25 34 3 0.3 23 27 4 0.4 24 6 5 0.5 25 16 6 0.6 27 21 7 0.7 Column A contains data (some depth in my case). Each cell in column A contains data. Column B and C contain some measurements made at the depth indicated in column A. I need to combine two graphics on one chart: the content of B in function of A and the content of C in function of A. The ...

Paste in a right cell
How do I set that I ONLY can paste a col A info from sheet1 into sheet2 at cells C3 and S3? I'd like to have an error (pop up) if I paste in wrong cell. ONLY allow to paste in cell C3 and S3. Thanks What version of Excel? In 2002 and 2003 you could lock all cells except C3 and S3. Then Protect the sheet with "Select locked cells" unchecked so only the unlocked C3 and S3 can be selected. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Wed, 28 Sep 2005 10:01:35 -0700, bioyyy <bioyyy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >How do I set that I ONLY can paste a col A info from sheet1 into sheet...

how to sum cells and ignore the #div/0! 's ?
I an working with the following formula: =SUM(C8:E8)/COUNTIF(C8:E8,">0") if I initially have no data entered i get the #div/0! 's is there a fix for this? =IF(COUNTIF(C8:E8,">0")=0,"",SUM(C8:E8)/COUNTIF(C8:E8,">0")) -- David Biddulph "Bryan" <Bryan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:62E28129-5C01-44B7-84EC-2851E94569B1@microsoft.com... > I an working with the following formula: =SUM(C8:E8)/COUNTIF(C8:E8,">0") > if I > initially have no data entered i get the #div/0! 's ...

Cell formatting or formulas
How do I make 1.50 appear as 1.30 in a given cell? I have a cell with times such as 1.00 minute, 1.50 minutes, 2.50 minutes, 3.00 minutes, etc. I want all the x .50 digits to appear as x.30 digits (30 seconds to a half minute) Divide by 1440 and format as mm:ss -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom (No private emails please, for everyone's benefit keep the discussion in the newsgroup/forum) "George" <George@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0E77414D-FED2-4BB7-BA36-E226D3AE4D05@microsoft.com... > How do I make 1.50 appear as 1.30 in a given cell? I have a c...

Multiple records attached to one or many accounts
I am attempting to create an entity called Trading Partner that can be assigned to an account. Basically I would like to globally create these Trading Partners then assign multiple trading partners to every account. Is this possible with a many to one & one to many relationship? How would I go about setting that up? Try the Account Relationships to another Account, label the relationship Role "Trading Partner" Frank Lee Workopia, Inc. http://www.workopia.com/Links.htm "jojackovin@ontuet.com" wrote: > I am attempting to create an entity called Trading Partn...

mail to any one with .org extension
When mail is sent to anyone with a .org extension from Outlook 2003.The mail goes to sent items but the reciepient never gets it.It works fine in outlook express. Please Help! Thanks in advance! Junaid ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ...