Multiple Conditions Formula Help Needed

I currently have a formula that I have used to calculate commisio
rates.  We had a 2 rate plan.  If sales were below a certail threshol
then apply this rate and if above apply this rate.  I used an IF/THE
formula.  We have recently switched to a 4 rate plan, and I am unsur
how to create a formula to reflect this.

Please advise..

thanks

dav

One approach would be a table to use with VLOOKUP. In the formula, where you
now have a rate, use VLOOKUP.

On Wed, 21 Jul 2004 16:53:11 -0500, chiwavdg
<<chiwavdg.19rkim@excelforum-nospam.com>> wrote:

>I currently have a formula that I have used to calculate commision
>rates.  We had a 2 rate plan.  If sales were below a certail threshold
>then apply this rate and if above apply this rate.  I used an IF/THEN
>formula.  We have recently switched to a 4 rate plan, and I am unsure
>how to create a formula to reflect this.
>
>Please advise..
>
>thanks
>
>dave
>

>---

anonymous (74722)
7/21/2004 10:09:42 PM
I don't know the details of your plan but try something like this.

Cell A1 - variable earnings typed in
Cell A2 - =OFFSET($C$2,MATCH($A1,{100,150,200,250}),0)
Cell A3 - =SUM(A1:A2)
Cell C3 - =+$A$1*10%
Cell C4 - =+$A$1*20%
Cell C5 - =+$A$1*30%
Cell C6 - =+$A$1*40%

Idea is that you enter your earnings into A1.  If you earn over 99 an
up to 149 then add 10% to your earnings; up to 199 add 20% etc.

You should be able to adapt the principle to suit your needs

=IF(Sales>Threshold1,IF(Sales>Threshold2,IF(Sales>Threshold3,CommissionRate1,CommissionRate2),CommissionRate3),CommissionRate4) Should work.

unlikeKansas

"chiwavdg >" wrote:

> I currently have a formula that I have used to calculate commision
> rates.  We had a 2 rate plan.  If sales were below a certail threshold
> then apply this rate and if above apply this rate.  I used an IF/THEN
> formula.  We have recently switched to a 4 rate plan, and I am unsure
> how to create a formula to reflect this.
>
> Please advise..
>
> thanks
>
> dave
>

> ---

Help with columns #2
Hi How do I create a worksheet with just 3 columns (A, B, C...) rather than thousands (AA, BB, CC...)? Thanks! Hi - first there's a maximum of 256 columns :-) - You can only use these 3 columns (you can't delete the other columns) - if you like you can hide the other columns. Just select theses columns and goto 'Format - columns - Hide' -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Rich wrote: > Hi > > How do I create a worksheet with just 3 columns (A, B, C...) rather > than thousands (AA, BB, CC...)? > > Thanks! See one answer in m.p.e.newusers Please d...

Macro Help 11-24-09
I have one workbook of data (1 tab) that has data for 20 different Sales Reps (different names). I need to copy all data for "Rep A" into a separate worksheet, and same for "Rep B" and so on. At the end I would have 1 tab for all data and 20 tabs with the data for each rep. Basically, I need to copy and paste each rep data into a new worksheet within the same workbook but didn't want to do it manually. I hope this makes sense. See Ron de Bruin's site for code. http://www.rondebruin.nl/copy5.htm Also check out his easyfilter add-in. http://www.ro...

multiple flyers per page?

help need with VC 6.0 IDE and mfc

Help, I cannot Save!

Removing multiple users from Outlook