Mulitple saving on a shared workbook

I have a logsheet created in excel 2002 that is a "Shared" workbook.
Whenever more than 1 person is logging and saving (this is automated via VBA
and userform) at the same time, they get a dialog box that says that someone
else is using the form (or changing), do they want to save-as?  Is there a
way to fix this feature so that it can automatically compare and merge?
0
asmenut (1)

Preventing other users saving another version of protected workboo
I have protected a workbook with locked cells and unlocked cells that can be edited. I would like to prevent the user from "saving as" and abusing the protection. Is this possible? Saving As will not alter the protection. "Laura Cook" <laura.cook@strand.ltd.uk.(nospam)> wrote in message news:B8ED3CA2-108C-48D3-8D08-FA233E136A7B@microsoft.com... >I have protected a workbook with locked cells and unlocked cells that can >be > edited. I would like to prevent the user from "saving as" and abusing the > protection. Is this possible? ...

How to allow multiple users to update workbook (on network)?
How can I let multiple users update a single worksheet over a network? e.g. how can I let different users simultaneously (on a network) add new rows to existing rows of data? I know there's a function called Share Workbook under the Tools menu. What happens if two users attempt to add data to row 10? How do I deal with a situation where a user has added data to a row e.g. row 10; and another user seeing row 10 as blank and attempts to add data to row 10? Note: VBA Answers are also welcome :) -- quddusaliquddus -----------------------------------------------------------------------...

Sharing and Solver
I have just discovered there is an issue if a Worksheet/Workbook is shared and you want to utilize Solver. It appears it can't be done. Is there some way around it? We have a large number of sheets going out to our managers and I am planning on teaching them how to use the What If tools like Scenarios and Solver ....and we also send them out shared to make merging their changes a breeze. Please help! Dave French "David French" wrote: > I have just discovered there is an issue if a Worksheet/Workbook is shared > and you want to utilize Solver. > It appears i...

Save As problem in Excel 97
I have a problem with Save As when saving to a network drive. I am able to read the drive and also move files to and from the drive. Also I can open an Excel document, make changes and save it with no problem. When I create a new document and try to save it with a Save As I get the following message: H:/---/file isn't accessible unavailable volume or invalid password. TIA Dean Dean Reports indicate the issue is caused by Windows XP update Q885250. Uninstalling it appears to resolve the problem. To uninstall Q885250 go to Control Panels>Add Remove and click on "Show Up...

Saving/Loading Xml to/from an Xml file
Hi I have a function called GetXml that returns Xml as expected. I then use: Dim saveFile As New SaveFileDialog and the configure saveFile. Having got the file and the Xml, how can I then write the Xml to the file? Also, how could I load the Xml back in to a string using an OpenFileDialog (openFile) or similar? Regards, Carl Gilbert "Carl Gilbert" <cnl@newsgroup.nospam> wrote in message news:OHk4WC5qEHA.628@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Having got the file and the Xml, how can I then write the Xml to the file? Dim writer As System.IO.StreamWriter writer = ...

Saving Input on User Form to Hidden Worksheet
I have a User Form that once it is filled in, it updates several other Work Books from different Control Buttons. I need to save the Input on the User Form in one of the Wook Books, so that if the Work Book is opened again the User Form automatically Fills back in. Would the Information on the User Form be saved on a hidden Work Sheet in the Work Book that I want to save it in? Any Ideas on how to achive this? You must write code to save and reload informations like this. Lots of ideas. Where to save is a question of what's practical. You can write to a sheet in the ...

Do indexed colors of a color palette save any conventional RAM?
Do indexed colors of a color palette save any conventional RAM? I just read a text book that said the only purpose of color palettes of indexed colors was for video cards that did not support 24-bit or 32-bit color. Because of this I am estimating that even graphics files that are stored as 8-bit pixels (such as GIF) are loaded into the memory device context as either 24-bits or 32-bits. Is this correct? On 22 Mai, 15:36, "Peter Olcott" <NoS...@SeeScreen.com> wrote: > Do indexed colors of a color palette save any conventional > RAM? Yes. Image your VGA card doe...

Shared 2007 Workbook, 3MB, 15 users, locks up after 2-3 hours of u
I) Scenario: A 3Mb Excel 2007 workbook with a single tab sheet is shared between 10 to 15 users who make changes to unprotected cells only and save regularly after every change is made. Each user makes about 100 to 200 saved changed over an 8 hour shift and a time span of 2-3 weeks. Networked PCs have 2GB RAM with users accessing 3 to 5 other programs besides Excel (Outlook, Acrobat, LPS, Company Intranet site, Internet sites,...) II) Issue/symptoms: a. everything works smoothly for 1 hour or 2, then some users start to get the message that the sheet is locked and they need t...

Adding the contents of cells from other workbooks
Dear All I am trying to develop a tour sheet which has values in given cells. I have created a master tour sheet in another workbook so that when you input numbers on the original worksheet they transfer overto the master workbook. I want to be able to transfer data to the master workbook from multiple, separate worksheets/books (other people will have copies of the worksheet and fil it in.) This is where i am struggling is how can i get the data to add when other sheets are filed in as at the moment it just replaces the original data in the master copy instead of adding to it. Hope i have e...

Excel file size increased 3 times after saving!!!!
Hi all, I have a very strange situation with my Excel workbook. I created Excel workbook with conditional formulas (no other formulas) which total size is 3 Mb. After I put simple data for calculation and saved the workbook the size increased to 10Mb! The data itself is just about 70Kb. I use Excel 2002 at work. I should put this workbook on our company server, but our network is not very good and people can't open it because of the 10MB. I have never seen this before! Can somebody help please? Thank you in advance! I don't claim to be an expert on Excel by any...

reference data of other workbook
When I write a formula, I reference data of other sheets using sheetname!rowcolumn. How could I reference data in other workbook. Is it workbookname!sheetname!rowcolumn or something like this? My appreciation for your answer. bingy@sina.com Hi With other workbook opened: =[OtherWorkbook.xls]SheetName!A1 With other workbook closed: ='C:\My Documents\[OtherWorkbook.xls]SheetName'!A1 or ='\\ComputerName\SharedFolder\SubFolder1\...\[OtherWorkbook.xls]SheetName'!A 1 When you create a link with opened source workbook, and then close source workbook, the reference is adjusted ...

How to save worksheet in .cvs format?
I'm need to save a worksheet to .cvs or .txt format but the drop down menu for Save As does not include these options. Any help? Thanks. What version of Excel. 2003 has those options (Save As type). Did you use the down arrows to scroll down? Carole O "Carlannie" wrote: > I'm need to save a worksheet to .cvs or .txt format but the drop down menu > for Save As does not include these options. Any help? Thanks. ...

Share database over home network?
I have a home network with both machines running Win XP and MS Money 2006. I keep track of things on one computer, but now, with the computers networked properly together through a router, I would like to share the database that resides on one machine for the user of another machine to view and edit if need be. Is this possible and if so, then how? How can I keep it secure in the event that a hacker gets into one or more machines (have never had that issue, but best safe than sorry)? Any other suggestions and whatnot with this kind of setup? I plan on keeping a tally on about 5 accounts...

Saving File attachments
Ok. I give up. Why can't I highlight multiple file attachments then right click to save all of them? Does the right-click-save really only work on one file at a time? What version of Outlook are you using and where are the attachments showing? Can you use the File->Save Attachments option? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the SWEN virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, -xiray- asked: | Ok. I give up. Why can't I...

Error: "The file(s) could not be saved to the selected folder"
Hi, I need help with Groove: I'm trying to save one of Groove folders to my local disk, and keep getting this error message: - Save File(s) Error - The file(s) could not be saved to the selected folder. The file path may be too long or you may not have access to the selected folder. Please select another folder. Any idea? ...

where can I find an excel file I "saved as" in OLKE9?
I saved over an EXCELL file that someone sent to me in OUTLOOK, after adding hours of data. Unfortunately I clicked "save as" but did not change the directory. It has saved my EXCEL FILE in a folder called OLKE9. I have searchjed the path, but cant fnd the file (I am displaying hidden files). Please help, I need this file in only 8 hours time or my life will be a misery. Easy way: Open ANY file (EXCEPT THAT ONE!!) through Outlook, and hit File-->Save as. That'll take you to the OLK folder. If you don't see it, likely, it's gone. Never, ever open files attached ...

Copy a column and paste to another tab to save the data for each m
How can I copy a column B10:B70 a spread sheet have 60 rows of calculation and I want to I click save button it will copy and paste just a value to separate tab name Estimate for each month . It need to check on cell B6 if it a month 1 or 2 or 3....to 12 so it will copy and paste data to a correct column for each month. thanks Liem Pho If desired, send your file to my address below. I will only look if: 1. You send a copy of this message on an inserted sheet 2. You give me the newsgroup and the subject line 3. You send a clear explanation of what you...

Shared Calendars not Displaying User Name
Outlook 2003 / Exchange 2003, both fully patched and running on XP Pro SP2. Shared calendars added under "Open a shared calendar". Header of calendars only displays "Calendar", not the username of the shared calendar owner. How can I get Outlook to display the username, please. At the moment I have multiple calendars open and they all are headed "Calendar". Not very useful :-( TIA, Bill http://www.outlook-tips.net/archives/2005/20050809.htm -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for W...

i share my copmuter. how can i setup seperate new user account
hello. i want to setup a new outlook user account but i share my copmuter with another users Maybe asking in a newsgroup dedicated to Outlook would be better. sofia wrote: > > hello. i want to setup a new outlook user account but i share my copmuter > with another users -- Dave Peterson Connect to an Outlook newsgroup through.............. http://aumha.org/nntp.htm Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Sun, 20 Aug 2006 05:39:01 -0700, sofia <sofia@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >hello. i want to setup a new outlook user account but i share my copmuter >with anoth...

Removing Corrupt styles in an excel workbook
Hello, How can I remove corrupt styles from an Excel 2000 workbook ? I've tried deleteing through the menus - but that doesn't work, and I've tried through VBA, but that fails with an error for the styles that are corrupt. (Delete method of style class failed) e.g. for i=1 to activeworkbook.styles.count:debug.print activeworkbook.styles.item(i).name:activeworkbook.styles.item(i).delete:next i Inspecting the names of the styles that are failing to delete displays a couple of non-printable characters show as squares, or Yen symbols. Any idea how to obliterate these styles ...

Change the save attachments location?
I have Outlook 2002, and I think I read that the default "My Documents" location for saving attachments is cast in stone, but does anyone here know of a way to change it? I don't mind editing the registry, if need be. Thanks for any help! You can change it in the registry but Outlook 2002 ignores the change. It's a known issue. Not sure if it's fixed in any of the SPs but I haven't seen anything that indicates that it is. -- Aloha, -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, OneNote-MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com Microsoft OneNote FAQ: http://www.factp...

path for saving files on Desktop?
Apologies for a dumb question, but I am not familiar with the Windows platform: How can I get the path for saving a file on the Desktop or Documents folder of the current XP user? Thanks! Andrew Hi, You can use SHGetSpecialFolderLocation function with CSIDL_DESKTOP & CSIDL_PERSONAL for desktop and document path respectively. Check http://kiranu.wordpress.com/2006/07/27/getting-special-folders-path/ for example code. /Kiran abrtlt@yahoo.com wrote: > Apologies for a dumb question, but I am not familiar with the Windows > platform: > How can I get the path for saving a file on...

Excel not saving all data and formatting
Unable to save any further data or formatting to workbook. Each time I try to save I get the following message: Excel could not save all the data and formatting you recently added To return to your workbook without saving click Cancel If you want to continue saving changes without repairing the problem, click OK. When I click on help there is no message Maybe: XL: Error Message: Too Many Different Cell Formats http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=213904 And if you ever have trouble opening this file, you may want to try openOffice. http://www.openoffice.org, a 60-65 meg down...

saving to network drive
I am using excel 2003 from SBE. If I use Tools-Options-Security and set a password for encryption and read-only access then the workbook hangs when I try to save to a network drive (W2K3). If I remove the passwords then everything OK. ...

How do you set outlook calender to save previous entries
Only just realised that Outlook calender does not save previous entries older than 6 months. Is there a setting for this? Sounds like you have AutoArchive enabled, turn it off. (Tools, Options, Other....) Phil wrote: > Only just realised that Outlook calender does not save previous entries older > than 6 months. Is there a setting for this? ...