MS Query not installed for New Database Query

I have Excel 2000 SP3 & Windows XP Home

When I go to Data | Get External Data | Run Saved Query I can imort data
from an Access database into an Excel worksheet. Wheh I go to Data | Get
External Data | New Database Query after a delay a message appears to tell me
that MS Query is not installed. MSQRY32.EXE is in the Office folder & I have
reinstalled it by renaming it to .old & running the Add/Remove facility in
the Office installer to no avail.

I have searched the MSKB & found an article at:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;179686

that refers to this problem but in Microsoft Excel 98 Macintosh Edition.
Nevertheless I have tried the resolutions from the article again to no avail.
When trying to start MS Query by double-clicking MSQRY32.EXE apart from the
display blinking MS Query does not open. Task Manager both in applications &
processes does not show that it is running.

How can I get MS Query to run to create a New Database Query?

Malcolm Walker
0
Walker (16)

Access 97 can't resize database window

MS RMS Store Operations Study Guide?
Does any one have this? I would like to get certified but I don't have the $298 to buy it. http://www.microsoft.com/businesssolutions/retailmanagementsystem/using/rms_elearning.mspx Thanks, Jho After purchasing RMS in January I was told that the User's Guide (which could bethe basis of study) was no longer available in printed form. After finally gaining access to CustomerSource, I found it available for download (all 536 pages of it). Yesterday, my RMS tech told me that it is again being shipped with new purchases of RMS. You do have to be a support customer to access the s...

Re-install Outlook 2002

Queries and Charts

Pass parameter from FORM to QUERY

Outlook 2007 Install gone wrong

Office installation and Windows 7

Changing query execution sequence

Backing Up Exchange Database

Install ActiveX on Windows XP / IE8
Hi, I created a non-admin installation package to take advantage of the new IE8 features to deploy my ActiveX control. It works perfectly on Windows Vista+ but not on Windows XP (the yellow bar is never displayed). Here is the content of my INF file: [version] signature="$CHICAGO$" AdvancedINF=2.0 [Add.Code] DbCtrlEx.ocx=DbCtrlEx.ocx [Deployment] InstallScope=user [DbCtrlEx.ocx] file-win32-x86=thiscab clsid={97012969-FEFB-4F8F-A03C-67F83D139E8F} RegisterServer=yes FileVersion=1,0,0,1 RedirectToHKCU=yes If I remove the Deployment section it works...

Backing up databases on remote SQL
Hi, I recently followed one of the MS articles on how to move GP 9 sql database to a different server. Everything went well except when trying to run the backup option from the GP9 server. I currently have a server with GP9 installed and another server with SQL and the GP databases. When I try to run the backup from the backup option on the GP server it says " You must be on the server machine to perform this task". presume this is because the SQL is no longer on that server. The SQL server has a backup routine of its own, but I would like our finance users to have the ability...

Install that important pack from the Microsoft Corp.
--xzkkhdmcbxymiaud Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="vaccmkjzdr"; type="multipart/alternative" --vaccmkjzdr Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="ggmepcujya" --ggmepcujya Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft User this is the latest version of security update, the "October 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which fixes all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express. Install now to help maintain the security of your computer from these vulnera...

Setting Defaults in New Item Wizard
How can I set a default value in the New Item Wizard? I want to always use a barcode type that is about 10 down from the top and I want Taxable Item to always be checked. Help... Good question, I need an answer too. "A StanTech Associate" wrote: > How can I set a default value in the New Item Wizard? I want to always use a > barcode type that is about 10 down from the top and I want Taxable Item to > always be checked. Help... You can set the default sales tax under Manager, File, Configuration, Sales Tax, Default item tax group. To set a default barcode type yo...

multiple iterations of same query
Running Access 2003 on Vista. I have a query that chooses 15 records at random. This works fine. What I want to do is run the same query for approx 110 different users, each with their own randomly selected 15 records. Obviously, I want to avoid manually running the same query that many times. How can I get around this? Post your query SQL. -- Build a little, test a little. "Nathan" wrote: > Running Access 2003 on Vista. > > I have a query that chooses 15 records at random. This works fine. > > What I want to do is run the same query fo...

new activity not in the appropriate queue
Help! I installed the Rollup 3 for MS CRM 4 and since then all created activities are redirected to the users assigned folder in queue and not in progress(my current activities) folder! It's not logical because a new activity is not yet assigned to a different user to be in the assigned folder !! I can't believe this is on purpose and I DON'T have a workflow on this. Can someone tell me how to fix this? ...

MS CRM Security Service doesn't start
Hi to all, I have a problem with my CRM 1.2 some days ago I restart the Win2003 server where there is installed CRM, and now the "Microsoft CRM Security Service" doesn't start up!!! What can I do? I have not any event about that!!! Can I re-install the CRM server and restore my sql database? Thank a lot Bey Augusto. I would apply the Update Rollup 2 for Microsoft CRM 1.2 "IGBA75" wrote: > Hi to all, > > I have a problem with my CRM 1.2 some days ago I restart the Win2003 server > where there is installed CRM, and now the "Microsoft CRM Secur...

Can not open additional mailboxes in my mailbox after a exchange 2003 rebuild database
To Exchange 2003 Gurus I have a exchange server that serve a lot of users. 3 week ago I had to repair the database with great success. But now I noticed a problem that in the past I was able to acomplished I can not open additional mailboxes in my mailbox.(right click on my mailbox>properties>advanced>Advanced tab> and when I click on add I get THE NAME COULD NOT BE RESOLVE. THE ACTION COULD NOT BE COMPLETED. This message appear eventhough I did not type anything Here is more info -I am able to open additional mailboxes if I use a computer with my profile that I created before I r...

Office 2008 "Office Installer" could not be opened
Trying to install Office 2008... When I double click the Office Installer icon....I get the following message: The document �Office Installer� could not be opened. I'm on a MacBook Pro. I've never had problems installing programs before. This is new. Thanks for any help. On 2/26/08 2:03 PM, in article ee8edf5.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "Dags@officeformac.com" <Dags@officeformac.com> wrote: > Trying to install Office 2008... > > When I double click the Office Installer icon....I get the following message: > > The document �Office Installer� could ...

How to show query parameters on an Excel page header or worksheet?
Is it possible to display query parameters on a page header or on a worksheet? I have a worksheet that uses a query to retrive data from an ODBC database. The Query prompts for the Start Date and End Date. I would like to be able to print the worksheet and display the Start Date and End Date the user typed in. Thank you for your assistance. ...

Tricky ComboBox / Filter query
Here's one On Sheet1, from A1:A2931 I have dates, every day from 01.01.02 to 31.12.2009 (A1="01/01/2002", A2="02/01/2002", etc). On a Userform I have 2 ComboBoxes: 1 for month, one for year. Is it possible to use these to filter Sheet1 and leave only those dates chosen in the dropdowns (eg, December 2004 only)? TIA Alan ...

Query question 12-11-07
I have a question that I hope you all can help me with. When I run a query, the results come back with multiple lines of data for an order because of multiple critereas in another field. Here is an example of the data returned to my query: Order Status A In Process A Sent B In Process C In Process I would like to see only the data for orders that have not been shipped, and totally exclude data for orders that have been sent. In the example above, I would like my query results to show Orders B and C, but no data for A since it has al...

hyperlink open in a new page
After reading all the other posts, and inserting "HTML Code Fragment" here's my prob. I don't want folks to see the actual HTML text. I got a pic of a calendar, and, I want it to simply open my yah00 calendar in another window. I've figured out how to patch a pic to a link, but (of course) I want it to open in a new window, again, without the HTML text being visible. What am I missing? Reference: Create a hyperlink in Publisher that opens in a new window: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/publisher/HA011587451033.aspx Use the ECMAScript code approach, and insert ...

ANN: New version of Database Workbench, the multi-DBMS IDE now available!
Ladies, gentlemen, Upscene Productions is proud to announce the next version of the popular multi-DBMS development tool: " Database Workbench 4.0 Pro" With this version we're reached a milestone: Database Workbench is now fully Unicode enabled and offers new tools to increase your productivity. There have been numerous improvements to existing tools and the user interface making it even better than before. For more information, see http://www.upscene.com/ Database Workbench supports: - Borland InterBase ( 4.x - 9.x ) - Firebird ( 1.x, 2.x ) - MS SQL...