MS Query cannot be started because it isn't installed

I'm trying to get External Data from SQL Server using my Excel 2000, but it
says MS Query cannot be started because it isn't installed. I've installed
the MS Query Add-in severals times and it's still not working. Does MS Query
work with Excel 2000?
0
RogerZ (4)

Using Date Parameters in a Query with Date and Time
I am using date parameters on a field that has the date and time. When i use the syntax Between [start date] and [end date] and select the dates from 4/19/2010 to 5/18/2010 it only gives me the data enter up to 5/17/2010 not to 5/18/2010. It give me the data for 5/18/2010 if I select the end date as 5/19/2010. I tried testing it on a standard date field with no time and it worked fine. I am missing somthing in the syntax. You're not missing anything. That's how it works! Dates are stored as 8 byte floating point numbers, where the integer portion represents the dat...

Publisher crashes when starting
Hi, Pub2003 on XP crashes on starting. Reinstallation of Pub03 or even entire office 2003 does not help. This is the error signature i see on screen. Error Signature AppName: mspub.exe AppVer: 11.0.6255.0 AppStamp:405f8718 ModName: mspub.exe ModVer: 11.0.6255.0 ModStamp:405f8718 fDebug: 0 Offset: 002f63e2 Please help Krishnan Have you used the "Detect and Repair" found under help? -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "M S Krishnan" <M S Krishnan@discussions.microsoft.co...

Service Scheduling MS CRM
Guys There are some extremely knowledgeable people in here I am hoping some one can help me. Any help you can give me is appreciate. We will not mind paying for your help if you are a freelancer and would spend time getting this to work for us. We have an implementation of Microsoft CRM 3.0 and would like to use the Service Scheduling to help us run our fleet of buses. We have a fleet of 8 buses, 6 drivers and need to schedule them for a variety of jobs. Each bus has a capacity of 20, 30 or 50. The buses can be out of order and drivers can be on holiday or off sick. We want to able ...

Outlook will not run an start up as a scheduled task
I have set up Outlook 2003 as a schduled task to run at start up. It doesn't run because "the scheduled task did not run because an incorrect password or user name was entered". I have not created any password in Outlook. Any ideas? Pete Outlook is not suitable to run from the Windows task scheduler. If you want it to run at Windows startup, add a shortcut to Outlook.exe to the Programs | Startup group. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com...

Outlook 97 won't start
G'day .... hoping one of you can help please ...... this problem is driving me absolutely nuts - and for too many days now. I've Googled till my fingertips are worn down and have found at least 2000 possible solutions that don't work. Outlook 97 starts to open ("pls wait - building Outlook Bar"), then crashes, before getting to the main screen. It leaves mapisp32.exe running. No error message. I've uninstalled and re-installed: - Office 97 - Outlook by itself - Office 97 SR1 - Office 97 SR2 and - jet35sp3.exe ...... testing Outlook 97 between each step, to n...

Combining queries 02-22-08

Checkbox Failures: MS Access .adp Connected to SQL
Hi all, I have an Access Form in an .adp connected to MS SQL Server 2000. When the field behind them is of the "bit" or "tinyint" datatypes, my checkboxes will not uncheck and also exhibit other bad behavior such as one checkbox affecting the data in another checkbox. When I convert all of the datatypes to smallints, the problem goes away and everything works perfectly. In MS SQL, the "bit" and "tinyint" datatypes are always unsigned. This issue appears to be related to Access attempting to store a -1 for true instead of 1. However, Access (even using...

Export Contacts Table from MS Access to Global Address List in Exchange
Hi, I want to know if its possible to export my Contacts table in Microsoft Access to Global Address List on Exchange so I can view all the contacts in Outlook Address Book? Thanks, Eric It's possible, yes. But, not knowing the format of your Access database, I can't tell you much more. Look into the CSVDE tool. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" <eric.nguyen312@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1171476029.880250.152000@q2g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > Hi, > I want to know if its possible to export my Contacts ...

Outlook 2003 starts automatically although not in startup folder
Running XP home, with Office 2003. When starting my laptop, Outlook 2003 starts even though it is not in the Startup folder or in the startup tab from msconfig. Why does it startup? I don't want it to startup automatically. I cannot find any reference to this and have not received any replys from any MS guru. Please help. Charles Chuck <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Running XP home, with Office 2003. When starting my > laptop, Outlook 2003 starts even though it is not in the > Startup folder or in the startup tab from msconfig. Why > does ...

HR version number not updating after installing SP
Hello, We upgraded Great Plains & Human resources to 8.0 & also installed SP2. After the SP2, The Great Plains version number has properly updated to 8.00g34 but the HR version still says 8.00.7 instead of 8.00.10 on the server & other wrkstations. This was not a problem. The HR modified reports all upgraded fine & all workstations are able to run the modified HR reports except one wrkstn. This one wrkstn. has properly updated the HR version number to 8.00.10. When we try to run an HR report from this wrkstn, it says that the dictionary is not found. The reports need to ...

Sample CRM Data Install Issue
Installed test version of CRM fine running as a web site on its own IP address. Try to run the sampledata wizard on CD1 but it fails at the first dialouge - enter the address of your crm server. Mine is running locally on 192.168.0.91 - accessible fine thnrough a browser - so I enter this and get back an error message saying crm server not found or not got sufficient priviledges to do this. Am logged on as Administrator account? Any advice on what needs to change to make the wizard work? Thank you Roger ...

Duplicate query 12-06-07
I have 2 databases which have data, I wish to check one database against the other for duplicate records using a specific number sequence assigned to each record. But this number sequence is not an ID field. I wish to write all non duplicates from this database to a new list? I'm still new to access and don't know how to approach this. -- Paul Wilson The field you join on does not have to be an id field. As long as you wish to identify records in two tables that have the same values in a field (or fields), you just join the two tables on those fields. If there is already a j...

CRM 3.0 Desktop Client Install and SBS Monitoring Error
I am working on the client installs for CRM SB on SBS 2003. Despite helpful assistance from this NG I have reached the point of calling Microsoft on one of my notebook installs. Before calling them, I thought I should attempt to get as many client installs completed as possible then look to get all my unresolved issues answered simulataneously. To date, I have 2 notebook installs complete and working and the 1 notebook install that is awaiting my MS call. In SBS, all but the users have been setup using the Power User template except my own, which used the Administrator template. To red...

How do I change the day a week starts on in a publisher calendar
In the Control Panel open the Regional and Language Options, change to your region. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://www.msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Simon" <Simon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0F81FC52-ED0D-4FC3-BCED-05F72495DF61@microsoft.com... > ...

exchange install & Terminal Services
When I built up my Exchange Server, I didn't realise I was running Terminal Services in Application Mode. I now want to change the Terminal Services to Remote Administration Mode. Microsoft has a warning: "After you choose your mode of operation, changing or disabling the Terminal Services mode may cause programs not to work, requiring a reinstallation of the programs." I'm scared that if I change modes, then I'll have trouble with my Exchange installation. Can anybody reassure me that Exchange will function correctly after changing TS modes? Is there anything I need ...

missing installation files
After installing the MSN premier software with verizon dsl, outlook stopped working. I can't check email, I can't modify my email accounts and doing the detect and repair option from the help menu leads to an error message that says that the patch installation files or the source file is missing. I've tried reinstalling and doing a repair from the CD but I get a similar message saying that the installation files are missing. I also tried to download the latest office updates, but I get an error message saying the same thing: "installation files (.msp) are missing......

Error Installing Service Pack 2 on Exchange 2003
Hi I am installing Service pack 2 and am receiving an error half way through. The error is to do with Active Sync which is exactly what I want the service pack for. During the installation an error appears saying Run Time error file c:\windows\system32\MsiExec.exe has failed to load properly (or something very similar). Click OK and a second error comes up saying the sub component Active Sync cannot be installed with error 0xC0070643. Cancel or Retry. If I cancel it the rest of the installation goes through fine. I am presuming this is stopping me enabling a mobile phone PDA device ...

cANNOT INSTALL M-Money 2004
When I try to install Money 2004, or remove Money 2003 I am told I must insert the 2003 disk. I can not find it, how can I install the 2004 version? Thanks, Bob Lalor ...

How Can I View a .pub File Without Publisher Installed on my Machine?
I have a .pub file but cannot view it. I do not have publisher installed on my machine. Is there a publisher viewer that I can download to view .pub files? Thanks, Jason Hi Jason (anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com), in the newsgroups you posted: || I have a .pub file but cannot view it. I do not have || publisher installed on my machine. Is there a publisher || viewer that I can download to view .pub files? Visit the following link: http://www.mvps.org/publisher/sharing.html -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www.mvps.org/publisher ~pay it foward~ This posting is pr...

Cannot select paper size in MS word
I have a problem with MS word when I am working offline from the office network. I do not have the selection to choose which paper size I want to use. But when I plug back into the office network all the selection will return. Is there any setting that can resolve this as other users do not have this issue. The paper sizes you can set are determined by the current printer driver. Ensure that the printer driver is installed locally on your laptop. -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> G...

Adding the Mathtype add-in to MS Office 2010 Pro?
Can I add the Mathtype add-in to MS Office 2010 Pro? If so, how? You'll need to ask the folks that make it. http://www.dessci.com/en/products/mathtype/faqs.htm Jeff wrote: > Can I add the Mathtype add-in to MS Office 2010 Pro? If so, how? ...

How to correctly use the SELECT DISTINCT predicate in MS Access?
I am getting syntax errors when trying to use the SELECT DISTINCT predicate in my query. Has anyone had any success getting this to work properly, and if so, what is the correct syntax. I have tried to work with this for three days now and have had no success in using this. Any help would be appreciated. I use it quite frequently when I don't have a lookup table for some aspect of an application or database. A little better explaination of what you are trying to do would help. Maybe include the SQL statement along with a description of your table structure look like. What fie...

SmartList Builder install
We are on GP 8, SP5. When we installed SP5 we were not ready to install SLB. Now we want to install it. I have put it on the server with no problem and it works there. How do I get it on the workstations? Install the same chunk file on all workstations! -- Richard L. Whaley Author / Consultant / MVP Documentation for Software Users Get our Free Tips and Tricks Newsletter and check out our books at http://www.AccoladePublications.com "inin" wrote: > We are on GP 8, SP5. When we installed SP5 we were not ready to install SLB. > Now we want to install it. I have...

MS 2007 DLX to Q2010
I am likely to make the switch this month to either Q2010 Premiere or Deluxe as I have only found MD as a plausible alternate. In anticipation, can anyone tell me how the conversion handles the following? I assume the conversion software is the same whether I buy Premier or Deluxe. I have a complete history (i.e. checking, savings, ira's, 401k, mortgages, loans, credit cards) back to circa 1993 at about 40mb in Money. I have no home inventory, budget, planner or frequent flyer info. Other than that, I have the following: - 2 levels of classifications - payee information...

how would I write this criteria for a query?
I have three fields that I want to base a criteria on: Received Date/Time, Date Approved and Date Rejected The way I wrote the criteria is as follow: LagTime: [Received Date/Time] - [Date Approve] This works if there is a date in the "Date Approve" field but if there isn't a date in the field nothing comes back. What I would like for it to do is pull the date from the "Date Rejected" field and calculate the lagtime from there. What do I need to add to my expression to do this? On 6 Sep, 20:14, Jerry Whittle <JerryWhit...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:...