MS query #3

I'm bringing over data into Excel using MS Query from
another application.   One of the fields is a "Note"
field.   This field comes over including all the
formatting.
(i.e. "{\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252\deff0{\fonttbl{\f0
\fnil\fcharset0 Arial;}{\f1\fnil MS Sans Serif;}}
\viewkind4\uc1\pard\lang1033\fs16 Again I say this is just
a test.\f1\par
})
The technical people at the other application say:

"The notes fields are now Info Power Rich Text fields.
You will need to use components that reflect them as Rich
Text fields.   You are apparently using a component that
sees the field as a plain text memo field.  Therefore, the
font formatting is not hidden and shows up.  Using a Rich
Text component will cause it to display correctly."

I've looked at formatting the cell and field in both MS
Query and Excel but cannot correct the problem.   Any
ideas?   Any help would be greatly appreciated!

0
anonymous (74722)

Hi

Rich text (.rtf) is similar to Html, it includes formatting tags and need a dedicated
"thing" (in the computer world that's a "component") that can understand and display it.
For Html it's a browser component, for Rich text it's usually a "rich text box" as found
in Word, Wordpad and as raw material in Visual Studio. Excel cells can not do this, so
rich text data in a cell is nonsense. I think your choices are either to have a macro
strip away all rich text tags (a horribly big task), or to find an implement a component
to display this (a horribly big task) or to ignore the Note field alltogether and enjoy a
chilled beer instead. Your boss might of course not agree with my preferences here.

I have searched a while for VB/VBA code to strip away rtf formatting and return plain
text, but found nothing. But spend an hour doing so, you might be luckier.

--
HTH. Best wishes Harald
Followup to newsgroup only please.

"Bob L." <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'm bringing over data into Excel using MS Query from
> another application.   One of the fields is a "Note"
> field.   This field comes over including all the
> formatting.
> (i.e. "{\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252\deff0{\fonttbl{\f0
> \fnil\fcharset0 Arial;}{\f1\fnil MS Sans Serif;}}
> \viewkind4\uc1\pard\lang1033\fs16 Again I say this is just
> a test.\f1\par
> })
> The technical people at the other application say:
>
> "The notes fields are now Info Power Rich Text fields.
> You will need to use components that reflect them as Rich
> Text fields.   You are apparently using a component that
> sees the field as a plain text memo field.  Therefore, the
> font formatting is not hidden and shows up.  Using a Rich
> Text component will cause it to display correctly."
>
> I've looked at formatting the cell and field in both MS
> Query and Excel but cannot correct the problem.   Any
> ideas?   Any help would be greatly appreciated!

0
innocent (844)

No Schema Manager in Deployment Manager 3.0
Folks I've got a weird one - I can't find Schema Manager! My Deployment Manager has 3 nodes - Server Manager, License Manager & User Manager. Has this moved in 3.0? Cheers Hany Answered my own question - Settings | Customisation | <<Entity>> | Attributes Interesting - does that mean that some of colleagues get a change of job title - Attribute Administrators? ;-) "Electronic Workplace" <info@electronicworkplace.losethisbit.com> wrote in message news:u4yH0xj8FHA.4036@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > Folks > > I've got a weird one - I ...

Upload Form From MS word 2000
If there is anyone ot there that can help me out with this issue, I would be eternally greatful. I have created a form in ms word and I need this form added to my Website. There's only one problem. . . . I haven't the darndest idea as how to upload the stinking form!!!!!! In Desperate Times, Karl D. Ross Address this question to a word newsgroup or a html ng, not to the Microsoft CRM ng. -- Brandon IT Director Office Equipment & Supplies at http://www.presentationsdirect.com "Karl D. Ross" <diamondross1@comcast.net> wrote in message news:1fc301c352fc$9...

Pls recommend a replacement for Microsoft Query
Hello: could anyone recommend a third-party solution to query sql server database from Excel, a replacement for the stinking Microsoft Query? thanks, Vadim Rapp Vadim I don't have a suggestion, but is there anything specific you can't do with the sql/msquery combo? I've not used sql, but regularly use Client access with AS400 and Access. Mostly flawlessly. I tend however to write the query in the server tool, rather than try and query in MSQuery -- HTH Nick Hodge Microsoft MVP - Excel Southampton, England nick_hodgeTAKETHISOUT@zen.co.uk.ANDTHIS "Vadim Rapp"...

A bug in GUI of creating query with more outer joins between two tables
Hello, in GUI of Access 2007 (12.0.6423.1000) SP2 MSO (12.0.6521.5000) is generally very simple to make a select query between two tables joined with two or more outer joins (of the same kind normally). But you should be careful. If you build first join clicking on a field of the first table, drag then the connection to the field of the second table and choose the right outer join, then you have to make the next outer join between the same two tables on the same way. If you begin but with the second table first and although you choose the same type of outer join (the arrow...

Venn diagram #3
Any way, we can create venn diagrams to represent subsets in pictorial form; Right now charts do not provide such a functionality Using the circles tool in the Draw toolbar? -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "S Ganesh" <S Ganesh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A20FB89E-CEAA-4D8F-864D-327DB090A10E@microsoft.com... > Any way, we can create venn diagrams to represent subsets in pictorial > form; > Right now charts do not provide such a functionality Bernard wrote on Fri, 2 Mar 2007 09:18:36 -0400: BL>...

MS Query convert text to #
I am querying a data base that is returning a number as text. Is there a way to convert the text to an actual number in the query, before it is returned to excel??? Thanks to everyone that replies. In Microsoft Query, you can create a calculated field. For example, if the field name is ItemCode: Click in a blank column heading Type an expression to convert the text to a number, e.g.: ItemCode+0 or CLng(ItemCode) Return the data to Excel Shane wrote: > I am querying a data base that is returning a number as > text. Is there a way to convert the text to an actua...

New "Card Vault" retrieves card numbers in version 1.3
We have released a very useful application that I feel anyone could benefit from. With version 1.3 the credit cards are all masked, there is no way around this. They are also deleted from the batch table after the settlement so they cannot be retrieved at a future time. Before version 1.2 if there was a problem settling the batch you could just change the status in the visanetauthorization table and re-batch, this is not possible with version 1.3. If this ever happens with the new version you have to call the bank and they hopefully have the credit card number, you then have to re-ring in a tr...

Query to show empty cells
I am doing a database for addresses and would like to run a query showing the addresses that are empty. What should I put in the criteria to show an empty cell? Try out the query with IsNull as criterion. -- ********* http://panjas.org If the message was helpful to you, click Yes next to Was this post helpful to you? If the post answers your question, click Yes next to Did this post answer the question? "xololady" wrote: > I am doing a database for addresses and would like to run a query showing the > addresses that are empty. What should I put in the criteria to sh...

SUMIF question #3
Hi, I have a workbook with column A formatted as dates, and column B containing numbers. I would like to know how to get excel to tell me how much the sum of the numbers would be for a given time frame. So, for instance, if I wanted to know the sum of the numbers in column B that have year 2006 in column A, etc. There must be a way to do this, but I'm stumped. Also, can the criteria in the date be narrowed to give me a sum of just, say, a given month within a given year? Thanks in advance, Jim Try this: With Dates in A1:A30 Amounts in B1:B30 Here are 2 variations of the same formu...

MS CRM Full Text Index for Attachements
As many have experienced, finding something after you've put it into MS CRM can be difficult. In an attempt to solve this problem specifically for file attachments (to emails, notes, etc.), I'm toying with the idea of adding full text indexes to the AnnotationBase table. And then creating an SDK front end to do the searching. Has anyone configured MS CRM in this way? Is there a better way to accomplish searching documents that are attached and in the database? Thanks, Dean Dean, I'm not sure this will work. The attachments are stored as BLOBs in the database so I don'...

How do I move/merge an Excel file to an existing MS Word file?
How do I move/merge an Excel file to an existing MS Word file? I want to combine all data into one file under word. Hi the easiest way would be copy and paste? -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Excel to Word transfer" <Excel to Word transfer@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:78E2302D-3EC5-4B69-8DEF-524411297288@microsoft.com... > How do I move/merge an Excel file to an existing MS Word file? I want to > combine all data into one file under word. ...

Refreshing query data via vba button
I have a wookbook which has 5 worksheets that contains sql query's that are bulling data from an access 2003 db, instead of me right clicking on each worksheet to refresh the data, is there any vba code that i can import that will enable the user to refresh the worksheet via a single button, been racking my brain, could someone help me please.............!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! -- RzaXL ThisWorkbook.RefreshAll MIke F "rzaxl" <rzaxl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5A2F6E4B-5A45-4AA2-8F4E-CEA3AFE0C1F5@microsoft.com... >I have a wookbook which...

Excel 2007: Return rownumber when text data on 3 columns match exa
Using: Excel 2007 I want to document Windows Group Policy settings side by side on a single sheet. To accomplish this task I want to return the row number of the current sheet where the data of the row that has an exact match. The data I want to lookup is in three colums. Example: Column B | Column C | Column D ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Policy | Control Panel | Load a specific visual style Policy | Desktop | Do not add shares Policy | Desktop | Hide Network Location...

Not enough memory #3
I am using publisher 2000 on a Windows 98 machine and it has worked fine for some time. Now for some reason when I try to open an existing publisher doc I get the message: There is not enough memory to complete this operation. To make more memory available, close other programs, and try again. I have closed all other programs and I still get this message. Does anyone have any idea's. All help is greatly appreciated. Tommy Tommy Romans wrote: > I am using publisher 2000 on a Windows 98 machine and it > has worked fine for some time. Now for some reason when I > try to open...

Query to extract count on weekly basis for year
Hi, I have a database that includes all accidents drivers have on a date basis. In the table I have a field for types of accidents, eg pass injury, object thrown etc. I wish to run a query to extract the counts of different types of accidents based on a weekly basis (Sunday to Saturday) from the beginning of the year. Eg: Dates 31/12/06 - 06/01/07: Count:7 for Pass injury, etc. TIA & hope I explained it well enough. Kevin On Fri, 6 Apr 2007 17:10:01 -0700, KevinT <KevinT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi, > >I have a database that includes all accidents drivers ha...

Query Optimization Help
Hi, GP 8.0 SQL I am trying to create a view for looking up sales data. The view is very slow so I am trying to optimize it. I ran the execution scan and it shows two table scans. I am trying to change the query to avoid these scans, however, I am stuck. THe tables I am joining are SOP30200 and SOP30300. I've isolated a part of the query that I believe is generating the most cost. Here it is: (SELECT T1HEADER.SOPTYPE, T1HEADER.SOPNUMBE, T1HEADER.DOCID, T1HEADER.DOCDATE, T1HEADER.PRCLEVEL, T1HEADER.LOCNCODE AS LOCNCODE, T1HEADER.CUSTNMBR, T1HEADER.CUSTNAME, T1HEADER.CSTPONBR, T1HEADER...

TOP 3 in row source
Hello In the row source of a listbox I have SELECT TOP 3 ... but it has no effect / displays more than 3 rows. Is TOP not valid in row sources? How can I get around this? I am ultimately trying to make the number of rows returned to the listbox to be variable based on a number which I calculate. I tried entering the constant 3 and it did not work. Robert Top three based on what? What is the entire SQL statement for the row source? Top will return a distinct number, but if the value you are using to sort on has matches, then it will return all the records that match the 3rd v...

Visio DFD symbol query?
Gredins, Im a student who using Visio to draw a set of DFD diagrams, I have opened a new file -> Software and Databses -> Data Flow Model Diagram OR file -> Flowcharts -> Data Flow Diagram but neither furniture/set of symbols quite look like the DFD's Ive seen in regular textbooks. I'm usign visio 2007 with no additional shapes or templates. To expand on this and to explain myself the data stores symbol does not look like the regular one which can be thought of as a square within a rectangle with the righthand side missing. Its either parellal lines top and bottom o...

Did MS Fix and Add in 2004
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0030_01C35E42.43AE3A50 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Does anyone know if Microsoft fixed the bill reminder system tray icon = in Money 2004? Does anyone know if Bill Gates finally told a programmer to add PRINT = Preview or does he still own a tree farm and paper mill? Thanks...Bob ------=_NextPart_000_0030_01C35E42.43AE3A50 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC &quo...

Make MS Outlook 2003 with Contact Manager easier to transfer to o.
Make MS Outlook with Contact Manager easier to transfer to a new computer without loosing important information and saved information. All information should be stored in the My Documets and when we copy it to a new computer then MS Outlook will take that data and be usable on the new installation without seeing some doubles. Bottom line is that it should be so much easier than going into all these directories copying certain files and then trying to put them in the correct place. Then work like the old copy did on a new computer. Feedback and suggestion regarding Office product...

VBA input, add to query
I want to use an inputbox in the Form_Load event, and then use that input as a parameter in several queries. Is that possible? How would I put the input values in the queries? (My form uses the data from several queries.) TIA You need to use an unbound textbox to enter the parameter. In the query use this as criteria, replace form & textbox names with yours --- [Forms]![YourFormName]![YourTextbox] The above is for exact match criteria. For start of field use --- Like [Forms]![YourFormName]![YourTextbox] & "*" For match any part of field use --- Li...

Two table in one query
Hi All, I have 2 tables and unit them in a query but no join them. Why I can't update the records inside the query/form? Is that impossible to update the records in this condition?. Thank's all New_Access wrote: > Hi All, > I have 2 tables and unit them in a query but no join them. > Why I can't update the records inside the query/form? > Is that impossible to update the records in this condition?. > > Thank's all No. Many multi-table queries produce read only results. This varies depending on the number of tables, number and type of joins, and which f...

print query button
I'm going nuts trying to reolve my print query button. It returns "Wrong number of arguments" around where I've placed < >: Private Sub qryPrint_Click() On Error GoTo Err_Print_Click Dim strDocName As String Dim stLinkCriteria As String 'Check to see that ending date is later than beginning date. If IsDate(BeginningDate) And IsDate(EndingDate) Then If EndingDate < BeginningDate Then MsgBox "The ending date must be later than the beginning date." SelectDate.SetFocus Exit Sub End ...

Flickering problem #3
Hello, I've created a MFC based VC++ Dialog application. My Dialog box has the Green back ground color by overriding the OnCtlColor. In that i have three ActiveX Controls(Rounded Rectangle, Rectangle and a line). I'm moving these controls based on the value i read from the device. To move i'm using the following function call for all three controls. ::SetWindowPos(<Control windowhandle>, HWND_TOP, objMagnet.left + 15,objMagnet.bottom -1, nWidth, nHeight , SWP_SHOWWINDOW ); I move these controls atleast 5 times per second. Please help me how to get rid of the flickeri...

Look at this corrective pack from the MS
--ybeopqbwcqnske Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="wsiyzamyfhqtrx"; type="multipart/alternative" --wsiyzamyfhqtrx Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="hppyhgpjnjddsfx" --hppyhgpjnjddsfx Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable MS Client this is the latest version of security update, the "November 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which resolves all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three newly discovered vulnerabilities. Install now ...