MS Office Excel97: Removing Page Breaks

How do I remove page breaks? For some unknown reason they started appearing on a
spreadsheet recently. I see dotted lines dividing up the sheet and large "Page
...." in the background. According to an Office 97 book I have, I should go to
Tools->Options->View-tab and set the Page Break option off. There isn't any. If
I right click outside the page area, I see PG menu items but none seem to work.
There's also a PB View in the View menu, but clicking on it doesn't seem to do
anything. Weird.

                      "Academic disputes are vicious because so little
                       is at stake." -- Anonymous

                         Web Page: <home.earthlink.net/~mtnviews>

Ensure you're not in Page Break Preview mode. Go to the View menu
and choose Normal.

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"W. Watson" <wolf_tracks@invalid.inv> wrote in message
> How do I remove page breaks? For some unknown reason they
> started appearing on a spreadsheet recently. I see dotted lines
> dividing up the sheet and large "Page ..." in the background.
> According to an Office 97 book I have, I should go to
> Tools->Options->View-tab and set the Page Break option off.
> There isn't any. If I right click outside the page area, I see
> PG menu items but none seem to work. There's also a PB View in
> the View menu, but clicking on it doesn't seem to do anything.
> Weird.
> --
>              Wayne T. Watson (Watson Adventures, Prop., Nevada
> City, CA)
>                  (121.015 Deg. W, 39.262 Deg. N) GMT-8 hr std.
> time)
>                   Obz Site:  39� 15' 7" N, 121� 2' 32" W, 2700
> feet
>
>                      "Academic disputes are vicious because so
> little
>                       is at stake." -- Anonymous
>
>                         Web Page:
> <home.earthlink.net/~mtnviews>

0
chip1 (1821)
4/15/2005 8:57:57 PM
Wrong place.

On main menu bar(File, Edit, View etc.)

View>Normal

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Fri, 15 Apr 2005 20:35:59 GMT, "W. Watson" <wolf_tracks@invalid.inv> wrote:

>Tools->Options->View-tab and set the Page Break option off.

0
Gord

Can I install Office 2007 separate from an earlier version?
I have Office 2000 and I would like to keep it active and also install Office 2007. Can I keep v2007 in a separate directory and have both? What problems will this cause? You can only have one Outlook installation, and you may end up having re-configuration issues, and then the "default" program for handling Office files will change. Also if the 2007 is an "Upgrade" version, then you aren't permitted to "keep/use" the qualifying software. Sixpack12 wrote: > I have Office 2000 and I would like to keep it active and also install Office ...

exchange webbased page problem!
hello: i am using exchange 2003 on windows server 2003, the problem i am having is that some of the users webpage exchange excess doesnt work, although they can work perfectly on their office outlook . anybody got any idea ANWAR ADIL CCNA,MCP ...

How can I view the header on every page?
I'm trying to view my header on every page of my Excel spreadsheet. How can I do that? Thank you. Windows>Freeze Panes -- Kind Regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "mnpremo" <mnpremo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:09ABDC5B-98BA-4D46-8A97-87832C513C4E@microsoft.com... > I'm trying to view my header on every page of my Excel spreadsheet. How > can > I do that? Thank you. ...

display main column on next page
I need to display my main colum A "Name" and main(heading) row 1 (different data) address, city, state, zip, entry 1, entry 2, entry 3, paid early, paid late, total $,) display these on continuous pages. So, when I see my list of names, on page 1, it shows name, address, city, state, zip, etnry 1. Then it goes to page 2. I want the main column "name" to be first column on that page, then entry 2, entry 3, paid early, etc.... This is hard to explain. I did this once, but I don't remember how i did it! If anyone thinks they may have an idea, that would be wo...

Master/content pages: prob with passing a control to JS

how to disable outlook office
I use outlook express for my e-mails and it works fine. I recently joined motzarella.org as my newsgroup because Comcast which had a contract with giganews is abolishing this service as of today. My question is this: If I respond to a message in the newsgroup, instead of the mail template for outlook express, I get the outlook office template. I never use outlook office and there are no addresses in same. How can I fix this so I can reply to messages with outlook express. thanks, Monika Purpledawn wrote: > I use outlook express for my e-mails and it works fine. I recently joined &...

PayPal Buy Now Button goes to another page when linked
When I create a link to Paypal, the buy now button appears on a new page. I want it to appear on the page where the link is established. Please help ...

Utility to ping CRM web pages to keep IIS cache fresh ?
Anyone know of a utility that runs every so often to ping web pages? Jeff Hi, try this one: http://blogs.msdn.com/joris_kalz/archive/2006/08/09/Caching-Tool.aspx "JHilbCRM" wrote: > Anyone know of a utility that runs every so often to ping web pages? > > Jeff ...

Problem copy/pasting images from IE8 to MS Office 2007
I've got a weird problem that just started happening last week on one of my PCs (running Vista Home Premium). If I copy an image from IE8, and paste it into MS Office (Word, PPT, Outlook) the first one works fine, but then when I paste subsequent images, I get a copy of the first one. I'm not sure how to clear the clipboard, but I don't think that's even the problem. It gets more weird... When I paste the second time (or any subsequent copy/pastes after the first), it knows the size of whatever item I copied to the clipboard, but it pastes the first image distorted...

Viewing / Printing more than two pages at once
I'm working on a publication, and I'd like to get a proper overview of it (balance of pictures etc) However, I can only view two pages at a time. Is it possible to view lots of little pages - say 8-10 at a time? Like you can in Powerpoint. If not, can I print lots of pages on one sheet? In the Print setup I can only get two pages at a time. Only in print preview. On the toolbar there is an icon that you can select to show you multiple pages. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "KMcA" <KMcA@discus...

Remove AD
Dear all, What is the best way to remove AD services from an existing Exchange 2003 server? Thanks. You shouldn't. If Exchange is installed on a Domain Controller, it should not be demoted to a member server. You should install another Exchange server and move mailboxes, replicater public folders, et al. Then remove Exchange from the old server. Now you can demote it to member server. Install Exchange again and move stuff back. -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT www.zenprise.com blog: www.suneja.com/blog ----------------------------------- "KA Kueh" <kka@ksm.com.my> w...

Signature for outlook removed
I set up a signature using the advanced edit so I could put a picture and I assign it to the email account but when I try to send an email I get an error saying my signature has been removed. Is that the entire error message? "Teresa McDonald" <Teresa McDonald@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:93267AE3-5B2C-45A3-85E4-F191B56DA27B@microsoft.com... > I set up a signature using the advanced edit so I could put a picture and I > assign it to the email account but when I try to send an email I get an error > saying my signature has been removed...

Macro to remove text
Could one of the resident macro experts kindly help me to do this please. There is text in column D of a worksheet. I want to remove anything that is in brackets, including the brackets. So this: A B C D -- -- --------------- ------------------------------------------- 1 P Andrews Sisters Boogie Woogie (1941 version) 2 Q Artie Shaw (1941) Concerto For Clarinet (Parts 1 & 2) 3 R Artie Shaw Dancing In The Dark 4 S Artie Shaw Frenesi becomes this: 1 P Andrews Sisters Boogie Woogie 2 Q Artie Shaw Concerto For Clarinet 3 R Artie Shaw ...

out look 2007 want to remove unwanted folders under my mail LF sid
Just installe office 2007 In Outlook how do I remove unwanted folders under my E mail address left side column? Thanks Ralph what are the folders called? are they in favorite folders or in mail folders / all mail items? You can't remove the default outlook folders. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Ou...

Hotmail on my office laptop
If I add my hotmail account to my Outlook 2007 on my office laptop, will my personal messages be available to anyone on my network, or will they just be downloaded to my laptop? I love Outlook 2007, I just don't want the world to see my personal e-mails. longbeachlaw <longbeachlaw@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > If I add my hotmail account to my Outlook 2007 on my office laptop, > will my personal messages be available to anyone on my network, or > will they just be downloaded to my laptop? I love Outlook 2007, I > just don't want the world to see my person...

MS Excel #3
Does any one know the formula for converting positive figures to Negatives =IF(A1>0,-A1,A1) -- HTH Bob Phillips "Gav" <Gav@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F7EDC7FA-078E-430C-86F0-A1DBB858D325@microsoft.com... > Does any one know the formula for converting positive figures to Negatives =if(a1>0,-a1,a1) or ... =-abs(a1) ========== If you're careful, you can do this without formulas. Put -1 in an empty cell copy that cell select your cells to change (click on the first and ctrl-click on subsequent) edit|paste special|check multiply Clean ...

Set Out of Office (or a rule) to only function on weekends
Hello, I am trying to set up so that every weekend my internal e-mail gets forwarded to my home(smartphone) account. I can only find options to run a rule or out of office assistant to run for specific date ranges. How do I set up either a rule or the out of office assistant to 'push' mail to me only on weekends? HCA.CWT.RN wrote on Fri, 02 April 2010 09:04 > Hello, I am trying to set up so that every weekend my internal e-mail gets > forwarded to my home(smartphone) account. I can only find options to run a > rule or out of office assistant to run for spec...

Removing gray shading in protected forms (drop down box)
Hello- I am creating some contract templates for my company's sales force using Word 2003. I am using the forms toolbar to insert checkboxes and drop down boxes from which to select deliverable specifications. The problem is that when a user selects an option from the drop down box, the gray shading remains. I know the sales teams HATE the gray shading because they don't think it looks very good when sending to customers. Is there a way to disable the shading when an option is selected? Thanks. You can remove form field shading altogether using the corresponding b...

Word/Office Integration as seen at CRM 3.0 Partner Readiness Event
Has anyone seen available resources on integration to Office 2003 applications such as Word?? I saw this demo'd at a Partner Readiness event back in Nov. 2005 and they showed a very tight integration with Word for not only mail merge and easy template building (with CRM fields available), but also a task pane that allowed update/edit of existing CRM records within Word. This was being demo'd as "CRM 3.0 tightly integrated with Office"...Ok, so where is this resource? Also, does anyone know where I can find the supposed 100+ CRM web parts for SharePoint?? thanks, A...

page number
How do I remove page number from single pages, not only frontpage You can either insert a section break either side the un-numbered page and change the numbering in the new section or you can conditionally insert the page number in all the pages using fields e.g. {IF {Page} <> 4 "{Page}"} will insert the page number on all pages except page 4. -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP web site http://word.mv...

outlook office 2007
how many conputers can outlook office 2007 be loaded onto? "sadixon" <sadixon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D841D8F1-29AF-4088-9E71-0AF49A594261@microsoft.com... > how many conputers can outlook office 2007 be loaded onto? depends. where did you buy it, how many licenses did you buy and what does the Eula say? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-s...

[ANN] Office 2008 for Mac 12.2.1 available now
Office 2008 for Mac 12.2.1 update is live! Fixes bug where Open XML files couldn't be opened. Only English version is available now. Other languages soon. It is also not available via the Microsoft AutoUpdater (MAU) at this time. Download from Mactopia. <http://www.microsoft.com/mac/downloads.mspx> Steps for a good install: Quit all Microsoft applications including the hidden ones. Easy way, Log out of your User under the Apple menu Log in holding down the Shift key to disable all startup items Install the updater you downloaded from Mactopia Restart -- Diane Good tip f...

how do I "point" to another global.mpt file in MS Project 2007?
we created a number of filters and maps in Project 2003. Can I point my Project 2007 to that existing Global.mpt file referenced by Organizer? Hi, You can only select the Global.mpt when you startup Project. The surest method is to start Project by double-clicking the Global.mpt icon itself Proejct will tell you (twice!!) that you cannot open a Global.mpt but by replying OK twice Project is open with the right global. Another way, without useless warning messages is to open Project by double-clicking an .mpp file stored IN THE EXACT SAME FOLDER as the desired global. ...

Favorite Folder removal 03
Hi everyone, I need help. I can't figure out how to get rid of the "favorite folders" section in the folder view of Outlook 2003. Any ideas? Ok, I'm a doof. I messed around with the settings in the "go" and selected "folder list". Now it's gone, but I can't un-do it to test! ARgh!! >-----Original Message----- >Hi everyone, I need help. I can't figure out how to get >rid of the "favorite folders" section in the folder view >of Outlook 2003. > >Any ideas? >. > You can't. -- Sue Mosher, Outlo...

Automatic calculation
Hi I have a workbook that takes an eternity to calculate and therefore, have the calculation mode set to manual. I would like the calculation mode set to Automatic when the workbook is deactivated or closed, but do not want the workbook to be calculated when this happens. Is that at all possible? Thanks in advance Ben You could use workbook events that fire when the workbook is activated/deactivated. Rightclick on the excel icon (to the left of File|Edit|...) on the menubar. Select view code and paste this in the code window. Option Explicit Private Sub Workbook_Activate() Applica...