moving selected data to to other work books

I have set up my accounts in a excel work book. I need to move selecte
information from one sheet to different sheets. let me explain further
There are sales figures for example David, Samuel, and John in on
sheet for a particular day. Individual sales figures for the thre
different people need to be copied to three seperate sheets can this b
done?  Please please help

Hi
as a starting point:
http://www.rondebruin.nl/copy5.htm

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

"Chris mills >" <<Chris.mills.169f2v@excelforum-nospam.com> schrieb im
Newsbeitrag news:Chris.mills.169f2v@excelforum-nospam.com...
> I have set up my accounts in a excel work book. I need to move
selected
> information from one sheet to different sheets. let me explain
further.
> There are sales figures for example David, Samuel, and John in one
> sheet for a particular day. Individual sales figures for the three
> different people need to be copied to three seperate sheets can this
be
> done?  Please please help.
>

> ---

frank.kabel (11126)

backup file won't work!!
OK, now I've really had it! This is my last resort! Several years ago, while using Money 97, our computer crashed. We had backed up every time we used money, so I thought we were OK. However, we could never get the backup file to pull up after fixing the computer and everything was lost. I vowed that this would not happen again, so I tried backing up on a ZIP disk instead, and then on CDs. I also got on this newsgroup and got the advice that I needed to first copy the backup file onto the desktop and open it from there. I tried doing that with the old program, and it seeme...

if cell is text move left one column

Reference Book
I'm a Win32 programmer, and I'm trying to get into some MFC. I've read a little about MFC, but the books lack a lot of quality and descriptive text about the structure of MFC. Can I ask whose book is the Charles Petzold of MFC? Thank you I haven't seen a bad MFC book in a long time, but then again, I haven't bought a new MFC book in many years. My presonal perference are the MFC books published by Wrox Press http://search.barnesandnoble.com/booksearch/isbnInquiry.asp?z=y&isbn=1861000855&itm=31 You can't go wrong with the Microsoft Press ones either. Al...

SBS 2003 moving of users files

Data migration - Adventure Works

Moving Exchange #5

Dynamic Range Selection Using VBA

Select Nodes
I am using the XmlDocument Select Nodes method and it seems to work OK except that it returns embedded nodes in the collection when I only want the nodes that are not embedded. For example I have a statement as follows: nodes = doc.SelectNodes(\\Node1\\Node\\DesiredNode); It gives me back in the collection all the DesiredNode tags. If I select retrieve the nth node as follows node = nodes[n-1]; It gives me the correct node and all DesiredNodes that are embedded within the nth node. So if I ask for the first node it gives me the first node which includes about 5 embedded DesiredNode...

Request Selection
Hi, if we try to assign an activity to an open Request there are all Requests available (include closed). is there a way to show only open requests in this select-formular ? regards armin ...

Numbering in Book Files
I am creating a tech manual where each chapter is its own file. I have created an outline numbered list and saved the list in a template that I then use to create the new chapters. However, I am finding that when I go into a new chapter that the outline numbering does not pick up on the chapter (Heading 1) number. For example: Chapter 1: Heading 1 style 1.1: Heading 2 style 1.1.1: Heading 3 style, etc. But when I start my next chapter, when I update the chapter number to start at 2, I get this: Chapter 2: Heading 1 style 1.1: Heading 2 style 1.1.1: Heading 3 style, etc. ...

Migrating Exchange servers
We are in the process of migrating to a new exchange server. The issue we are having is transfering the user's outlook (xp, 2k) address book/contact list to the new server without manually having to log into everyone's computer and pointing their address books to the new server. Is there a way to do this authomatically server-side? You're moving the mailboxes, right? The user's "address book" is the Contacts folder in the mailbox. So, there's nothing extra to move. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for ...

modifying and copying multiply selections
Why when I select multiply objects, including text boxes or when I try to select them and then drag to a different locations the program just create a new copy but leaves the old one behind it? It didn't happen when I was working with other versions of Power Point. I think http://www.pptfaq.com/FAQ00882.htm will help. -- Echo [MS PPT MVP] http://www.echosvoice.com What's new in PPT 2010? http://www.echosvoice.com/2010.htm Fixing PowerPoint Annoyances http://tinyurl.com/36grcd PowerPoint 2007 Complete Makeover Kit http://tinyurl.com/32a7nx "Slav" <Sl...

Bank One Download is not working

lost address book and notes in outlook 2003
Hello, I recently had a crash and had to format my C drive on my win xp computer. I have outlook 2003 and an addon program that regularly backs up all my data from the program to a second hard drive, or at least I thought it did. Anyway, after reinstalling everything I found that I had several empty pst files and a few that had some old email messages. No addresses or notes. I have saved all of these files just in case there is some way to salvage them. Is there? If possible, please reply to my email rather than this group because I can't view this at work. Any help is appreciated. Thanks...

Compact Now feature doesn;t seem to work...
I still have a 600+ MB in-box. ANyone know hwta might keep it from compacting? I did empty the trash. Compacting only works when there is a certain percentage of white space in the file (I think it's something like 4%)...if there isn't, Outlook doesn't think there's anything to compact. Also, if you leave Outlook open long enough, background compaction will be taking place. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:5feb01c474ce$23bb29d0...

Cash Receipts and Check book
Hi, This is regarding Cash Receipts in Sales Module of GP 10. The input screen for cash receipt has a field to enter the cheque book id. However upon posting receipts, the cheque book register does not get updated with the receipt amount. Surely, the GL account associated with the cheque book gets the debit, but not the check book register. Would appreciate advice, comments. Thanks CarlG Carl, The next step after entering a cash receipt is to deposit it in the Bank Rec module. Go to Transactions > Financial > Bank Deposits to do this. The reason for this is that the check...

Source data, in Chart Menu, is grey and not accessible.
I set up a pivot table and designed a chart, saved and closed out of the workbook. Upon returning to work on this project, when selecting the chart menu to work with my source data, the source data is grey and not accessible. What might be causing this and can I correct it? It's a pivot chart. As soon as it's created, it's linked permanently to the pivot table, and you cannot change the source data. you cannot add more data that's not in the pivot table to the chart, nor can you remove data that is in the pivot table from the chart. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft...