Moving rows with Hyperlink doesn't move hyperlink address

When I Hyperlink cells to another sheet's cell and when I move data to other
row/ column or I insert rows/column it does not move hyperlinked address.

Can anyone advice me how to move hyperlink address with insert/move
rows/column/cells.
Thanks

0
Samad (20)

Hi
the HYPERLINK always refers the cell position but not the content of this
cell. So you can't do it this way

"Samad" wrote:

> When I Hyperlink cells to another sheet's cell and when I move data to other
> row/ column or I insert rows/column it does not move hyperlinked address.
>
> Can anyone advice me how to move hyperlink address with insert/move
> rows/column/cells.
> Thanks

0
frank.kabel (11126)
12/17/2004 9:23:03 AM
Thanks Frank, but the problem is when I insert row I have to change all
hyperlink of the worksheet, can you suggest another way to link.

"Frank Kabel" wrote:

> Hi
> the HYPERLINK always refers the cell position but not the content of this
> cell. So you can't do it this way
>
> "Samad" wrote:
>
> > When I Hyperlink cells to another sheet's cell and when I move data to other
> > row/ column or I insert rows/column it does not move hyperlinked address.
> >
> > Can anyone advice me how to move hyperlink address with insert/move
> > rows/column/cells.
> > Thanks

0
Samad (20)
12/17/2004 9:35:01 AM
Hi
I'd guess you use the function 'Insert - Hyperlink' for your link. If you
could provide some more details what you exactly try to link there may be an
option to use the hYPERLINK formula instead.
Provide some example data for your linked sheet

"Samad" wrote:

> Thanks Frank, but the problem is when I insert row I have to change all
> hyperlink of the worksheet, can you suggest another way to link.
>

> "Frank Kabel" wrote:
>
> > Hi
> > the HYPERLINK always refers the cell position but not the content of this
> > cell. So you can't do it this way
> >
> > "Samad" wrote:
> >
> > > When I Hyperlink cells to another sheet's cell and when I move data to other
> > > row/ column or I insert rows/column it does not move hyperlinked address.
> > >
> > > Can anyone advice me how to move hyperlink address with insert/move
> > > rows/column/cells.
> > > Thanks

0
frank.kabel (11126)
12/17/2004 10:01:02 AM
Ok Now I'm trying to give some example,
Sheet-A
Description                    Amount
------------                    ----------
Loan to Staff               25,000
Advances to others      40,000

Sheet-B
Loan to Staff
---------------
Person-A             10,000
Person-B             15,000
                         ---------
                          25,000
                        ----------
Advances to others
----------------------
Item A           15,000
Item B           25,000
                    -------
                    40,000
                   ---------
I want to hyperlink both descriptions in Sheet A to see detail,  but when I
insert rows between the details of sheet B, it should be change hyperlink
address according to rows inserted so that I could insert new item.
 but in result I have to change all hyperlink cell addresses.
I hope this example will clear the picture in your mind & I'll get your
valuable advice.
Thanks

"Frank Kabel" wrote:

> Hi
> I'd guess you use the function 'Insert - Hyperlink' for your link. If you
> could provide some more details what you exactly try to link there may be an
> option to use the hYPERLINK formula instead.
> Provide some example data for your linked sheet
>
> "Samad" wrote:
>
> > Thanks Frank, but the problem is when I insert row I have to change all
> > hyperlink of the worksheet, can you suggest another way to link.
> >

> > "Frank Kabel" wrote:
> >
> > > Hi
> > > the HYPERLINK always refers the cell position but not the content of this
> > > cell. So you can't do it this way

0
Samad (20)
12/17/2004 10:33:04 AM
http://support.microsoft.com/newsgroups/newsReader.aspx?&lang=en&cr=US&guid=&sloc=en-us&dg=microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

"Samad" wrote:

> Ok Now I'm trying to give some example,
> Sheet-A
> Description                    Amount
> ------------                    ----------
> Loan to Staff               25,000
> Advances to others      40,000
>
> Sheet-B
> Loan to Staff
> ---------------
> Person-A             10,000
> Person-B             15,000
>                          ---------
>                           25,000
>                         ----------
> Advances to others
> ----------------------
> Item A           15,000
> Item B           25,000
>                     -------
>                     40,000
>                    ---------
> I want to hyperlink both descriptions in Sheet A to see detail,  but when I
> insert rows between the details of sheet B, it should be change hyperlink
> address according to rows inserted so that I could insert new item.
>  but in result I have to change all hyperlink cell addresses.
> I hope this example will clear the picture in your mind & I'll get your
> valuable advice.
> Thanks
>

> "Frank Kabel" wrote:
>
> > Hi
> > I'd guess you use the function 'Insert - Hyperlink' for your link. If you
> > could provide some more details what you exactly try to link there may be an
> > option to use the hYPERLINK formula instead.
> > Provide some example data for your linked sheet
> >
> > "Samad" wrote:
> >
> > > Thanks Frank, but the problem is when I insert row I have to change all
> > > hyperlink of the worksheet, can you suggest another way to link.

0
frank.kabel (11126)
12/17/2004 11:31:06 AM
Hi
sorry, timed out session. This is the correct post:
-----

Hi
on sheet-A instead of the text Advances to others enter the following formula:
=HYPERLINK("#'sheet-B'!A" & MATCH("Advances to
others",'Sheet-B'!A1:A1000,0),"Advances to others")

and similar for Loan to Staff:
=HYPERLINK("#'sheet-B'!A" & MATCH("Loan to
Staff",'Sheet-B'!A1:A1000,0),"Loan to Staff")

"Frank Kabel" wrote:

> http://support.microsoft.com/newsgroups/newsReader.aspx?&lang=en&cr=US&guid=&sloc=en-us&dg=microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
>
> "Samad" wrote:
>
> > Ok Now I'm trying to give some example,
> > Sheet-A
> > Description                    Amount
> > ------------                    ----------
> > Loan to Staff               25,000
> > Advances to others      40,000
> >
> > Sheet-B
> > Loan to Staff
> > ---------------
> > Person-A             10,000
> > Person-B             15,000
> >                          ---------
> >                           25,000
> >                         ----------
> > Advances to others
> > ----------------------
> > Item A           15,000
> > Item B           25,000
> >                     -------
> >                     40,000
> >                    ---------
> > I want to hyperlink both descriptions in Sheet A to see detail,  but when I
> > insert rows between the details of sheet B, it should be change hyperlink
> > address according to rows inserted so that I could insert new item.
> >  but in result I have to change all hyperlink cell addresses.
> > I hope this example will clear the picture in your mind & I'll get your
> > valuable advice.
> > Thanks
> >

> > "Frank Kabel" wrote:
> >
> > > Hi
> > > I'd guess you use the function 'Insert - Hyperlink' for your link. If you
> > > could provide some more details what you exactly try to link there may be an
> > > option to use the hYPERLINK formula instead.
> > > Provide some example data for your linked sheet

0
frank.kabel (11126)
12/17/2004 11:35:02 AM
You could define a range name, then link to that.

Give Sheet1!C17 a nice range name.

Then you can link to that defined name (insert|hyperlink has an option for Place
in this document).

Or you could use a worksheet formula:
=HYPERLINK("#testname1")

--

Dave Peterson
0

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

> You could define a range name, then link to that.
>
> Give Sheet1!C17 a nice range name.
>
> Then you can link to that defined name (insert|hyperlink has an option for Place
> in this document).
>
> Or you could use a worksheet formula:
> =HYPERLINK("#testname1")
>

> Samad wrote:
> >
> > When I Hyperlink cells to another sheet's cell and when I move data to other
> > row/ column or I insert rows/column it does not move hyperlinked address.
> >
> > Can anyone advice me how to move hyperlink address with insert/move
> > rows/column/cells.
> > Thanks
>
> --
>
> Dave Peterson

0
Samad (20)

sending mail using an alias email address
We are using Exchange Server 2007 with Outlook 2007 clients. I have several email addresses listed under my mail account on the Exchange Server for which I "receive" email. However, the server will not allow me to "send" email using any of these email addresses - as it only allows me to send using the primary address for my email account. I get a message saying "You are not allowed to send this message ... on behalf of another sender without permission to do so." What settings do I need to change on the Exchange Server so that it allows Outlook 2007 ...

Deleting "mail to:" email address links
I have a relativly straight forward spreadsheet where I am maintaining a large address list. It contains a homeowner's lot number, name, address, telephone #, and e- mail address. When attempting to select random cells for data entry/modification, I receive and automated message " mailto: (a random e-mail address) - click once to follow. Click and hold to select this cell." I have no idea where/how this message/feature/function is being attached to these cells but would like to eliminate it. Since seeing these messages, the size of the worksheet has been increasing in ...

make colour in rows stay
How can I lock the fill colours in a row even when I change around the data or sort alphabetically? Thanks and God Bless, Harley Use CF http://www.cpearson.com/excel/banding.htm -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "Crowraine" <Crowraine@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:ED158D7D-62AB-4DA8-A948-2A6556D8047C@microsoft.com... > How can I lock the fill colours in a row even when I change around the data > or sort alphabetically? > > Thanks and God Bless, > Harley ...

Auto Forward mail to a group of External addresses
Can someone please tell me how I create an Auto Forward to a group of external email addresses. I want to setup an auto forward on my exchange so that all mail sent to forward@mydomain.com is then forwarded to a group of email accounts such as me@hotmail.com, me@yahoo.com, user@mail.com. Can someone please tell me how I set this up on an exchange server. I know how to do it for an individual but I can't work out how I create an auto forward for a group of people. Thanks for any advice! what version Exchange? only the terminology is different...create custom recipients/contacts ...

Adding Contacts Folder as Address Book in Exchange Server
I am trying to add my contacts folder to my address book in Outlook XP and don't see the Tools, Options I used to see in Outlook 2000. How can I add this folder to my address book? Is that an option you can turn on or off for a profile in Exchange Server? Thanks!! -- Remove 'spam' from email address to contact me directly Right click on your Contacts folder, go to properties, outlook address book. Can you tick the box there? If not, go to tools, e-mail accounts, view/change address books, and make sure you have the Outlook Address Book option there. Then try right-clicking...

One Entry to Multiple Rows

Re: Using alias address
Brian Tillman wrote: > Vince <vinresp*@swhome.com> wrote: > > >>We use an exchange server at work for e-mail. I have set up an alias >>that I use for receiving mail but I wanted to use the alias for >>sending all the mail as well. I was told that it cannot be done in >>exchange but I can use a POP server. > > > I don't believe that's always true. For example, I have several accounts in > Outlook where I work, all within the same profile. Only one of those > accounts, the Exchange account, uses my work address. The ot...

Changing e-mail address
dI´m trying to change mail-address in AD-Users and computer. From "nnnn@xxx.xx" to "nnnn@yyy.xx", but it won't work. On the tab "e-mail Addresses" i try to set "nnnn@yyy.xx" as Primary, but it don't stay that way. If I open directly and check it seems right, but close and do one more client, the first has change back to "nnnn@xxx.xx". What am I doing wrong ???????? You will need to uncheck the checkbox "Automatically update e-mail addresses based on recipient policy" for the change to stay. Also make sure that you ...

Outlook 2002 Address Book #2
New entries do not appear in address book contents list. Thought it might be a space problem, but have deleted all extraneous data (i.e. deleted items. However, when I try to re-enter the contact, Outlook asks if I wish to replace the earlier entry for the same contact. Any ideas? Explain more accurately what you mean. Where are entries not appearing that you expect them to? Are you selecting the correct Contacts Folder from the "Show names from..." dropdown? -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Lulu" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:88020...

email address on Service Call Entry window
Add an email address field to the Service Call Entry window for the customer contact on the service call. Even if it is not pulled from the email address of the address id on the service call, at least the dispatcher could enter an email address on the service call in order to communicate with the customer regarding the call. It is common to take email address as part of contact information. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the m...

Excel hyperlink problem
Hello everyone, I have a strange excel problem and it's driving me nuts - I would be seriously grateful if someone could help me out! A colleague has this excel document with a huge number of hyperlinks in it, well over 1000 (don't ask me why she wants to use excel - she just does). The hyperlinks are in this format and are using DFS: \\cc\root\pte\tru\ch\scandata\Archaeology\1980\xxx.pdf Whenever she clicks on a link, a pdf from another area of the network is opened. Quite simple and no problems so far. However, as of yesterday, whenver she makes any kind of change to the excel fi...

Moving from Home & Student to Full version of Office
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I need Exchange support and therefore I am planning to buy the Full version of MS Office 2008 for Mac. I already purchased and installed (and have been using) MS Office 2008 Home & Student edition. My questions are: 1. Should I uninstall the Home & Student edition before installing the Full version? (I assume so). 2. How do I make sure that the data I have already created in Office 2008 Home & Student edition will be available to me after installing the Full version? In particular, how do I make sure that ...

Saving address to replyed emails
IN outlook express I could automatically save the email address when I replyed to an email. I want to be able to do this in outlook 2002 Can some please help Not possible. You will need to right click on the address and select to Add to Contacts. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Having searched the archives, Garth <smilepolice@hotmail.com> typed: | IN outlook express I could automatically save the email | address when I replyed to an email. | | I want to be able to do this in outlook 2002 | | Can some please help ...

How to clear old e-mail addresses?
My address book is empty, and my contact list is empty (those show up empty when I use Tools, Address Book), but when I send a new e-mail message, on typing the first letter of the addressee name, a drop-down list appears with e-mail addresses for everyone I've ever e-mailed. How can I clear out these names? . Thanks for any ideas. You can simply use the cursor arrows and delete them or you can delete the file *.nk2 that is located in: C:\Documents and Settings\username\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook But this options will delete all autoresolution addresses- -- Ricard...

Vendor/Customer Secondar Address
Hi I have written small program in C# by using Econnect 10 I updating Customer and Vendor it works fine but I cannot update the Secondary address for both Customer/Vendor can any body tell me which Econnect schema I have to use to update the Secondary address. Regards Thirumal ...

Create individual files from a row

Determine number of rows with data

UDF that returns a Hyperlink
Is it possible in Excel 2007 using VBA to create a UDF that returns a hyperlink? Ideally I want a hyperlink where the display name is different to the linked URL. Any ideas? TIA First, if you mean you want the tooltip to show a different address, then I don't think that it's possible. Second, if you meant you want to see something in the cell that isn't the address of the link, then... There's an =hyperlink() worksheet function that may do exactly what you want: =hyperlink("http://www.microsoft.com","Click me!") Third, If you wan...

Bulk sending of emails in Outlook being rejected if one address is wrong.
I am sending bulk emails in BCC and they are all being returned to me because one or more of the email addresses is incorrect. Is there a way to setup Outlook so that the emails go to the correct addresses and the incorrect addresses are bounced back to me? I use the Mail Merge feature and send out a newsletter with over 1000 e-mail addresses (who signed up for the newsletter so it is not spam). My service provider, Comcast, just put a limit of 10 at a time. It's real fun sending these out monthly!! >-----Original Message----- >I am sending bulk emails in BCC and they a...

Users cannot login to OWA after Exchange 2K3 was moved into different OU
I created a new OU named member servers, and moved the exchange 2k3 server into it. After I moved it, only the administrator was able to login to OWA successfully. No users could login to OWA. I created a test account with a mailbox, and was able to login to OWA with the newly created test account. I then moved the exchange 2k3 server from the member servers OU into the computers OU, and the newly created account was unable to login to OWA. Any help with this would be appreciated. ...

underline in row not repeating
It seems as if my bottom of the cell outline is not repeating on subsequent pages. I have a few header rows on a sheet. The bottom row has a bottom line. I'm talking about cell outlines, not underlining of words in the cell. Anyway, I've told the print option to repeat the first 3 rows on following pages but the bottom outline does not seem to repeat. How can I fix this? Thanks, Keith Never mind. This seems to be working. Not sure what was going on the first time. "Keith G Hicks" <krh@comcast.net> wrote in message news:OM82rj8rIHA.2068@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... >...

Moving certain data to different sheet
I need to move data that meets a certain criteria, to another sheet within a workbook. For instance, if a column of data is for a certain ZIP code area, I need it to automatically copy to a sheet for that city. Say, 40202 would go to the Louisville, KY sheet. Because Louisville has multiple ZIPs, I would need only the data that begins with 402 to go to that sheet. Lexington KY's data, which begins with ZIP code 405, would go to its own sheet. Macro? Formula? Thanks! This can definitely not be created with a formula. I suggest that you make use of the macros. Rgrds, Kris...

Pie Chart Plot Area Moves
After printing a pie chart, the plot area relocates itself. I wrote a procedure to bring it back to the designated "top" and "left" coordinates the next time the sheet is activated, but the plot area doesn't relocate until the sheet is activated a SECOND time. Does anyone know how to fix? Thank you. ...

How to unhide Excel rows after they are automatily hidden
Helpful advice on posting to newsgroups here... http://www.cpearson.com/excel/newposte.htm -- Jim Cone San Francisco, USA http://www.realezsites.com/bus/primitivesoftware (Excel Add-ins / Excel Programming) "Chuck" wrote in message ...