Moving rows from one sheet to another based on a particular cell v

Here's what i am trying to do -

Create a status report of multiple worksheets. The first sheet will include
all items in an "open Status" - Status column. I would like to have seperate
reports for deferred, closed and pending.

When I change a status on the first sheet to closed. Is it possible to have
the entire row moved to the closed report worksheet.

I am not great at this so if this is possible - i'll need some step by step
help.
0
MM (12)

counting total cells with text
Hi , I have a column with text and blanks and I am trying to count the total number of cells with text. I searched through this site and found something with COUNTA() - COUNT() but this doesn't work because I have no numerical values. Any ideas are sincerely appreciated Thank you -- peace ------------------------------------------------------------------------ peace's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=27035 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=444459 One way =ROWS(A1:A20)-COUNTBLANK(A1:A20) -- bill k -...

Pivot Table / Format cells
I am setting up a pivot table at the moment, and part of my source dat is formatted at percentage. In the pivot table it shows the data as 0. instead of 60%. I found out how to format the cell, by rightclicking it and going t select, enable selection, and then format / percentage. It now show 60% My problem is that I have a pull down menu at the top, with 100 names And when I choose the name Andy for example, and format the cell a percentage, it works, but as soon as I choose another name, for exampl ben, the fild is unformatted again, eg shows 0.6. Surely I don't have to go through th...

can you retrieve an earlier backup? I saved over the one I need?
can you retrieve earlier back ups? I saved over the one I need? What does common sense tell you? "kristina" <kristina@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:56DEAD66-A5C1-41CA-819B-0D43BC294BA9@microsoft.com... : can you retrieve earlier back ups? I saved over the one I need? No. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "kristina" <kristina@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:56DEAD66-A5C1-41CA-819B-0D43BC294BA9@microsoft.com... > can you...

Merge Rows in VBA
Hello, Is it possible in VBA to merge rows that contain a mutual text but different value ? Ex: Column: A B C ROW 1 "paid" $300.00 ROW 2 "paid" $200.00 Can I merge row 1 and row 2 in row 3 and to do a sum in Column C? Row 3 "paid" $500.00 Jeff, Maybe you could use something like this ... Code ------------------- Option Explicit Sub transferMe() Dim ans As Double, lastRow As Long, i As Long lastRow = Range("A65536").End(xlUp).Row ans = 0 For i = lastRow To 1 S...

find the number for visible row
I hope some expert can help me with my problem. I wish to perform serial number visible row only. Regards / Chan Fri, 14 May 2010 22:42:01 -0700 from Nahc <Nahc@discussions.microsoft.com>: > > I hope some expert can help me with my problem. > > I wish to perform serial number visible row only. Instead of posting the same thing multiple times, why don't you spend a little effort to explain what you want. "perform serial number visible row only" could mean anything or nothing. -- Stan Brown, Oak Road Systems, Tompkins County, New York,...

Calling a function from another class (dialog)
Hello Everyone, This problem's been causing me a lot of trouble and I'm hoping somebody can help me out!! I have a dialog-based MFC application in visual studio 2003. I want to call a function called "OnPrintMsg" from my dialog class called "MyAppDlg.h". The function needs to be called from another class called "Client.cpp". The Client class (derived from the CSockets class) exists as described below. MyAppDlg.h .... CClient myclient; //The CClient class is another class that I created. It inherits from CSocket. void OnPrintMsg(); // This function is i...

inserting and deleting blank rows in selected range
I wanted to know how to insert a blank row alternatively between range of rows. It would be good if u can advise me on this. I wanted to know how to delete blanks row simultaneously between range of rows. It would be good if u can advise me on this. Highlight the entire row by clicking on the row number (in the gra area), you may click and drag (if you want to add several rows) Then right click and hit insert -- Mandy1 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Mandy11's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1300 View th...

When I move scroll bar in excell the contents do not move with it
Hit the Scroll Lock key on your keyboard---usually Upper right. ******************* ~Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com www.MyExpertsOnline.com "ramneek" <ramneek@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:34739743-C408-459D-8723-9765A780294A@microsoft.com... > In Excel 2002, and Excel 2003, if you drag the scroll box, you'll see the sheet scrolling. In earlier versions, a tooltip shows the row numbers as you scroll, but the worksheet doesn't change until you stop scrolling. ramneek wrote: -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://ww...

Getting cell value of composed address
I have a grid of data where I am trying to apply conditional formatting. The logic is that, for every cell in a column, if it's value matches what is in row 3 of that column then I want to apply the conditional formatting. So I have the following formula: =EXACT(OFFSET($E$3,ROW()-3,0),$E$3) and it works. The problem is that I have to apply this to every row, and each time the only modification I have to make is to alter the hardcoded column letter. So I came up with the following: =EXACT(OFFSET($&IF(COLUMN()<27,CHAR(COLUMN()+64),"A"&CHAR(COLUMN()+38)) &$3,RO...

Help addressing the last cell
Here is my code: Dim LastRow As Long Dim LastCol As Long Dim LastCell As Range Dim intNumCols As Long Dim DataCells As Range 'Find the last row, column and last cell of the worksheet. LastRow = ActiveSheet.Cells(Rows.Count, 1).End(xlUp).Row LastCol = ActiveSheet.Cells(1, Columns.Count).End(xlToLeft).Column LastCell = ActiveSheet.Cells(LastRow, LastCol).Address Excel fails at the LastCell line. It tells me that the object is not defined, but clearly my variable is defined. Both LastRow and LastCol return the correct value. What is the problem? Thanks in ...

help! money 2005
I last used Money 3 days ago. Today I open it up and one of the accounts is missing! There are 4 accounts at the same bank - one checking, one savings for each of 2 accounts. I open up Money this morning and my main checking account is simply gone. The savings account is there and the other account is fine. I tried "standard" repair which said it was successful, but account is still missing! Using a backup copy (not "backup") from 2 days ago and one from 3 days ago (different drive) all have file missing, which leads me to believe it's a Money problem. Any i...

time-sheet record with over 24 hours
I want ot create a time sheet for my employees where I can have the first column be the start time, and the second be the end time, with the ability to start at 10pm and finish the shift at 8am, which is over the 24 hour mark. Then have the hours totalled in the third column, with a subtotal for each week, and total for two weeks. My current dilema is where the hours go over the 24hour mark in the same day and getting the total of hours worked for that day. You might get some help from here: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/overtime.htm tj "kkwaters" wrote: > I want ot ...

Computor would not save spread sheet and lost my unsaved work
I worked all day on a spread sheet and at the end of the night when I went to save what I created the computor would not save it and then I lost most of the spread sheet I created. What I had left was in a read only mode. Is ther anything I can do to recover my lost material? I did try to find it under teh auto save every 10-minutes but was not successful. Is there anyway to recover the lost data? Thank you, Tammy - I don't know about recovering what you have lost, but next time, if you can't save the file because it is read-only, do a file save as, and rename i...

I need to see if a particular letter appears
I have a large file and need to know if the letter Y appears anywhere in Column A - each cell is about 25 characters. Y might be in position 1, position 25 or anywhere in between. How can I do this? Help me, gurus! Just found a way. =IF(ISNUMBER(FIND("Y",L3)),1, "") If there's a Y in L3 it puts a one in this cell and leaves it blank ifthere's no Y. "Sherry" <nowhere@microsoft.com> wrote in message news:eCQN4yZxDHA.556@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > I have a large file and need to know if the letter Y appears anywhere in > Column A - each ce...

how to compare a list of data that is same as the main data sheet
i have some data sheets that is need to be compared with a main data sheet and if its same, the numbers thats equal to be marked (eg:being highlighted or colored)... is there a way to do this. Thanks in advance Yes it can be done, but it is not clear what you want Are you matching values in a range eg does the value appear anywhere in the sheet or are you comparing the same cell in each sheet? Or do you mean something else! Regards Dav -- Dav ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Dav's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&...

HIGHLIGHT ROW
Hello, Is there an easy way to highlight the row that you are working on? Thanks Doug Hi Doug Try this Add-in http://www.cpearson.com/excel/RowLiner.htm Or Check out this webpage http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/highlightrow.html#HiLiteRetainColor -- Regards Ron de Bruin (Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2000-2003) www.rondebruin.nl "Doug V" <dthmtlgod@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:%23PtOyEY8DHA.2028@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Hello, > > Is there an easy way to highlight the row that you are working on? > > Thanks > Doug > > Hi Doug maybe Chip'...

How can I make endless row, beyond IV column?
i want to have endless row, so when you go to the right it goes it goes and goes (pressing right arrow, for example) how can i do that? Hi You can't. That is the size of Excel - and it always has been. The next version (due later this year, I believe) should satisfy your requirements, though!! Andy. "Luciano" <Luciano@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AFCF8721-1DC8-4FC2-85ED-80149E371585@microsoft.com... >i want to have endless row, so when you go to the right it goes it goes and > goes (pressing right arrow, for example) > > how can i d...

check if the text in one cell exists in multiple columns
hi, I've got the following question: I have a sheet with for instance: A B C D E 1 6 4 2 2 3 3 4 5 5 6 I want to know with a formula if the text in column A exists in column B-E Not all text will be in b-e and there will be no specific order. Can anybody help me with this? i've tried Match, but it can not work with multiple columns (in my case 10) ultimatly I would like to use that formula in conditional formatting to color the cell in column A to green if it exists i...

In Excel 2 columns data into one?
I have a spreadsheet with several columns. I have a last name column and a first name column and I want to merge the last name and first name into one column instead of two. Help, I can't fugure this out. Hi in a helper column =A1 & " " & B1 -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Kelgal123" <Kelgal123@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:22255EDA-F202-4D1B-A818-39E2D674D60D@microsoft.com... > I have a spreadsheet with several columns. I have a last name column and a > first name column and I want to merge the last name a...

"Protect Sheet"
I am using Excel 2007 with Vista Home Premium. I have 15 workbooks, each with 12 sheets. I want each sheet (not the workbook) password protected to prevent any accidental to interference with formulae. With a total of 180 worksheets I am a bit disappointed there is no way other than protecting each sheet one at a time entering each password twice...! ......Or am I wrong? I sincerely hope I am. Can anyone help? TIA You didn't say how those 15 workbooks could be found, but you could look at Ron de Bruin's site to see how he loops through files in a folder. http://www.rondebrui...

Selecting a range of cells based on the date.
Hi MS Office Help, I would like to know how to choose a selection of cells based on what month it is. For instance, if the month was january, excel would allow me to select cells A1-F1, which I could then use as a data source for a chart. If the month became march or april, excel would allow me to select cells C1-H1, D1-I1 respectively, and so on. This will allow me to vary my chart automatically as the month changes. Help is greatly appreciated. Hi Solomon, Use the Data - Autofilter -custom feature or Data - filter - text filters - custom depending on your version of...

How to delete characters after a value in a cell?
I've got a list of url's in excel that I need to delete everything after the .com could someone tell me how to do this? I'm running excel 2007 One way, in say B1, copied down: =LEFT(A1,SEARCH(".com",A1)-1) -- Max Singapore http://savefile.com/projects/236895 Downloads:27,000 Files:200 Subscribers:70 xdemechanik --- "mkabwilliams" <mkabwilliams@gmail.com> wrote in message news:bbcc9a6b-8ac3-4848-b389-e66ab6d8a117@x5g2000prf.googlegroups.com... > I've got a list of url's in excel that I need to delete everything > after the .com could someo...

Data to another sheet
I have a table for marks of students. I have their ranking in the last col. In the next sheet I have another table in which I want the names of the first three to come. Is there any method? Hi Nandu Assuming you have names in ColA and ranks in ColE try the below formula in Sheet2 and copy down to three cells. =INDEX(Sheet1!A:A,MATCH(ROW(A1),Sheet1!E:E,0)) -- Jacob "nandu1256" wrote: > I have a table for marks of students. I have their ranking in the last col. > In the next sheet I have another table in which I want the names of the first > thre...

Can a macro be made to work based on a formula?
Is it possible to have a macro run based on the answer to a question? If the answer to a certain question is yes then the macro would run. ...

Forms based authentication login problem
I am trying to enable forms-based authentication for OWA. However, after doing so, and then testing the logon script, the server returns an error via the OWA browser: HTTP 400 Page Not Found. It says it cannot find "owaauth.dll" though when I check the path in the Exchweb folder I see the files. I would appreciate any help on this. TIA -- Kyle Do you have E2K3 SP1 installed? It is possible that something is not installed or registered correctly, such as a DLL. I know this sounds like a pain, but can you do a re-install of Exchange 2003 (just run setup and choose the re-ins...