Moving Parameter Queries

I have created a Parameter Query that imports transactions from an Access Database on my 'C' drive to "work out the bugs".
It works just fine, however when I move it (as well as the related dqy file and the database) to a shared network drive so that others can access it, it sends back an ODBC driver error message.  I am at a loss as to how to remedy this situation without recreating the query (very time consuming) at the new location

Has anyone run into this before

Any efforts will be much appreciated

Tom

Sounds like a confused link - am assuming your query pulls
from a linked table or query in the "home" data base.  If
this is the case, you might try reconnecting the linked
object from its networked location.
Another possibility (if it applies in your case) is a
confused pathname in a macro.  IF your data is being
pulled by macro action, check the pathname in the details
of the macro step that does the import.  It must point to
the network location rather than the original C: drive
location.
If I've misunderstood the problem, maybe more detail would
help.

HTH.

0
anonymous (74722)

Merging from a query
I have a database I am working on that has a bunch of addresses in it. I need to be able to select a chunk of dates to be sent to word for a mail merge. I need a way to pass the date criteria data (from a message window) to a query to get the right records, and send the data the query returns to word in by activiating one click event. What is the best way to do this? ...

Move Information Store
How do you move the information store on an Exchange 03 server? On the 5.5 server you could run the "optimizer" and relocate the information store. Is there a way to do this with o3? tia This should help: http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/MF001.html -- Mark Fugatt Exchange MVP http://www.exchangetrainer.com http://www.msexchange.org "smw" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:612501c42e27$172305f0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > How do you move the information store on an Exchange 03 > server? On the 5.5 server you could run the "op...

Append query bloat
I have an access database where I use an append query quite often. I will use this same query over and over by changing the table I'm appending from, then I save the query. During the save process, the database bloats from ~50KB to ~150KB. Our company recently upgraded to 2007 and that is when I noticed the problem. Is there a way to stop this from happening? I can manage it by compacting and repairing after each save, but recently I added 4 tables in one day, so this was a pain. Thanks Don't even worry about it. An Access file can be up to 2 GB in size. 150 KB ...

Query Problem 03-27-10
Hi, I have 2 tables, tbBaby and tbVaccineInjection. tbBaby stores the babies' personal data like Name, BirthDate etc., tbVaccine stores VaccineName, DoseNumber (1st, 2nd, 3rd, etc.) and InjectionDate, etc. These 2 tables are one to many in relation, because each baby may have several vaccinations on different dates. I'd like to build a query to retrieve babies with their most recent injection date, i.e. only one record for each baby with latest injection date. my query is as follow SELECT tbBaby.*, tbVaccine.* FROM tbBaby INNER JOIN tbVaccine ON tbBaby.ID=tbVaccine.B...

How can i move the Winsxs folder
Hi all, We have a windows 2008 server (not a dc) running exchange 2007. All databases and log files are on the d and e drives. We have a 40 GB C parition with a windows folder of 18 GB, 3 Gb in Software Distribution and 9 GB in Winsxs. Is there a safe Microsoft approach for moving these folders to a different partition or reducing the size. I have found a few things on Google but none of them are approved by MS. thanks Stef Hello stef, No, you have leave the folder where it is. Best regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" w...

Select Query to Open on Top of Form
I have a form [Grievance Tracking] that has a command button for a select query [GTS Audit]. When the user selects this button the query opens behind the form [Grievance Tracking]. Is there a way to have the query open on top of the form [Grievance Tracking] form instead of behind it? I'm using Access 2003. Thanks, -- Bob The problem is that the form PopUp Property set to yes, so every thing that you open will apear behind it. You can set it to No, and then the query will be on top of the form -- Good Luck BS"D "rdw1260@msn.com.(donotspam)" wrote: > I have a...

Does SQL Run Behind Queries?
Access 2007 When I run a query does Access, "go away" and run the SQL for what I see in the GUI? If the answer is, "yes" is there anything that I can switch on to see the SQL that it is running? What I would like to do, if it is possible, is to see the query in the GUI and, at the same time, see the SQL that is being used to select the data from the database; that way I can understand things (exactly what is happening) more clearly and more quickly. TIA for any replies. trip_to_tokyo wrote: > Access 2007 > > When I run a query does...

Moving email from one computer to another
How do I transfer email folders from outlook in one computer to outlook in another computer? Thanks in advance Export all your messages to a .pst file from outlook and then import them on the other from that same .pst file. File / Import Export Wizard / Export to a file / Select Personal Folder File ..pst / Select which folder has your mail / Pick the location and the name of the backup file / Then click on FINISH. I hope this helps Thanks "Mickey" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:022f01c3c9ac$1a01a860$a601280a@phx.gbl... > How do I transfer e...

Database Query #4
I have created a data table in a worksheet and named it “data”. Then I created a separate worksheet, in the same workbook, and created a database query of the data table, by using Data…Import External Data…New Database Query…Excel Files* and defining the database name by browsing to the same workbook. The query worked fine. However, when I moved the workbook (which included the data source) to a different folder and tried to refresh the database query, I got the following error message: “[Microsoft] [ODBC Excel Driver] The Microsoft Jet database engine could not find the object ‘data’...

VBA moving and adding data
I have this appliaction that spits out a format that is not usable for me, but with some minor changes it would be good to go. I just don't know how the code would work. here is what part of my file looks like: ColumnA Coulmn B Column C Column D FAULT F02 8 PILLAR 3018169.273 492458.0997 -9771.365343 3017502.798 493106.6833 -8696.365343 3016836.323 493755.2668 -7621.365343 3016169.848 494403.8503 -6546.365343 3015503.373 495052.4339 -5471.365343 Here is what I would like it to look like: ColumnA ...

move from 2000 cluster to 2003 stand alone
I have an exchange 2000 cluster running and need to move from that to a 2003 stand alone server. I need to get explicit details on should I use 2003 advanced or just standard? Mirror 2 drives and raid 5 the rest? Installation of exchange, how to's for the adding of the new server and the exchange install itself? Moving mailboxes should be straightforward. Do I need internal mx records or just to update external records? How will the email hit the new server? I then need to know how to remove the old cluster after this is all done. The domain is windows 2003 and then just some membe...

CRM Moving Sql Server 2000 to 2005 (Database and report) new Serve
Hi, I'm working to move sql server 2000 to sql server 2005 on a new server. CRM 3 is installed on one server and Sql 2005 and Reporting Service on an other server. I backuped and restored the database succefully. But I have an issue when I produce reports. On some reports, I have the graphic with fields where "#Error" is display. Any idea? Thanks David ...

Calculate difference in rows in a query
I have a query that calculates how much revenue is claimed by month per job but then I have to take the new month less the prior month. The problem is the data is in row format. I don't know how to subtract February from January, March from but don't know how. I know how to do it in Excel but not Access. Please help... Example: Order Month JTD Clm Variance 101026521 January $511,525 $0 101026521 February $511,525 $0 101029438 January $1,238 $0 101029438 February $3,713 $2,475 101033168 January $21,465 $0 101033168 February $51,460 $29,995 101034011 Janu...

DNS clients Does not query the secondary DNS
Hi, I have 2 w2003 Dcs - both DNS servers Primary and secondary. I have Clients running XP static Ip and in both DNS servers IP is configured as Primary and Secondary DNS. My Primary DNS server went down, all clients are not quering the secondary! using NSLOOKUP it showed that clients are still querying the primary with a tomeout error !! all name resoultiond stoped in the organization! any idea? tx NsLookup does not automatically fall through to alternate DNS servers, it is not a good way to test server redundancy. If you ping a host, which will use the DNS Cl...

How do I prevent pictures form moving when adding text?
Right click the picture, format picture, Layout tab, Object position, change to exact. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Peggy" <Peggy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EA35218F-D1FA-4691-B01E-3D50B2AF3FA9@microsoft.com... > Is there a way when inserting pictures and clipart of have them all wrap the way you want when you bring them in. Some option or setup or something for when you insert pictures? Everytime I insert pictures I need to change the wrap. "Mary Sauer" wrote: > Right click the picture, format picture, Layout t...

How to use colmn headings in paramter query
Sorry if this has been asked before, but I am not able to locate it if it has. But here is my delima: I need to be able to select the salesperson sales based on the month (1-12) from table 1. I* can create a parameter query, but am not sure hwo to query onlya certain month. table1 ID salesperson 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 joe 12 0 0 2 12 0 1 1 5 7 8 10 2 steve 2 5 6 18 0 0 2 3 4 11 12 1 select * from table1 where salesperson =joe and .... that is where I get stuck. I need to be able to select a column he...

Move workstations to new domain
I have some Windows XP & Vista workstations that I need to remove from a windows 2003 SBS domain and join them to a new Windows 2008 SBS domain. Is there an way to keep their existing user profile after I join the workstions to the new domain so their desktop settings, favorites and applications look and work the same. The original SBS 2003 server died before I was able to do A migration. Regards Mark Hi Mark: There is a third party app that will move these settings, but it is not free, and for a small domain I would do it manually. I have seen a manual move work a...

Query Does Not Count "2" Records
Good Evening Everyone... I have a bit of a logical puzzle that I need to solve. I have various queries which have various criteria for them. One query involves retirees or spouses being under the age of 65 and the other involves retirees or spouses being over the age of 65. Both the retiree and spouse are listen in the same records and on one line of the master table and queries. The situation that I am running into is that I can have a retiree who is over 65 and a spouse under 65 and the record comes up twice in the two different queries b/c it meets the criteria, which is perfect. What...

Extracting invoice data from GP 9 using a SQL query (ODBC)
I'm working to extract invoice detail information from a client's GP 9 MSSQL database, with the goal of being able to mock up their invoices in external systems. Just to keep things interesting, they aren't using GP to it's maximum ability - quotes are generated from another software package, and when converted to a sale, minimal data is entered into GP and processed (such as shipping address, job name, job number, PO number, and occasionally a line it of what appears to be free-form text. I have hard copies of several invoices, various web resources, and access to t...

Web Query Help...
If I try and use a web query with the following site http://www.sportsline.com/mlb/stats/playersort/regularseason/yearly/MLB/P I get a message that says the web query returned no data. I click on the arrow right by player and it highlights all the players names and their stats. Anyone know why it doesn't import the data into excel? Is there too much data? Thanks Works fine for me, although one have to do some editing since it imports some trash as well (I would import it, then select the table itself from the import and copy and paste into a new sheet, then import the next 50 and...

Moving from Windows
I'm about to buy my first Mac--dual core, either portable or desktop. As a longtime Windows user I'm just wondering about the many Office files I have on my current system. Will they, basically, be "readable" on the Mac version of Office if I buy whatever the current version is? Having heard that a lot of Mac programs can read Windows files, I'm thinking of buying a large external hard drive and copying all of my files over to it for later use on the Mac if this is possible. Is it? Thanks, Tim Yes it is. Get Office 2004 for Mac, it should be able to handle ...

Moving Column Sums to Rows
What is the simplest way to enter a sequence of values such as =SUM (A1:A100),=SUM (B1:B100),=SUM (C1:C100), etc. into a COLUMN? What is the simplest way of converting simultaneously such values to ($a$1:$a$100) etc.? I could only find a slow and clumsy method by putting the formula in a row, right dragging, then using F4 on each individual cell before using paste special with transpose. Roger PB Hi Roger, > What is the simplest way to enter a sequence of values such as =SUM > (A1:A100),=SUM (B1:B100),=SUM (C1:C100), etc. into a COLUMN? > =SUM(OFFSET($A$1,0,ROW()-1,1,100...

Moving from Outlook 2002 to 2010
I have set up Outlook 2010 on a new laptop and want to transfer my emails, contacts and calendar from my old laptop which is running Outlook 2002. I have copied the outlook.pst across from the old laptop into the Outlook file storage folder on the new one where there are three .pst files, each associated with the three email accounts I had set up and each named appropriately - recipient@domainname.pst. If I simply run Outlook 2010 I do not see anything from the file I transferred. If I rename it to one of the newly created accounts I can see the contents of my old inbox and sent folde...

Cannot move focus away from CComboBox
I have a simple dialog box containing a combo box and and a list box control. The combo box contains a number of items, e.g. Item 1, Item 2, Item 3 etc. The list box on the other hand contains the sub-items of the items in the combo box. So for example, if "Item 1" in the combo box is selected, then the list box will display "Item 1 - Sub item 1", "Item 1 - Sub item 2", and so on. The problem I am having at the moment is when the dialog comes up (in the OnInitDialog() function), I set the content of the combo box to equal to what the user has selected from anothe...

Query Output
Help, I am working with make table queries. I have a A make table query and a B make table query each with various information that the query has preformed. I am trying to get the following output into a text file. A Make Table Information B Make Table Information A Make Table Information B Make Table Information etc. There are over 300 items in each table. Each A Corresponds with a B. I need to keep the 2 records separate for where i have to upload them. I tried having a common identifier for the two tables and creating a big query with all the information on, but i ...