Moving Parameter Queries

I have created a Parameter Query that imports transactions from an Access Database on my 'C' drive to "work out the bugs".
It works just fine, however when I move it (as well as the related dqy file and the database) to a shared network drive so that others can access it, it sends back an ODBC driver error message.  I am at a loss as to how to remedy this situation without recreating the query (very time consuming) at the new location

Has anyone run into this before

Any efforts will be much appreciated

Tom

Sounds like a confused link - am assuming your query pulls
from a linked table or query in the "home" data base.  If
this is the case, you might try reconnecting the linked
object from its networked location.
Another possibility (if it applies in your case) is a
confused pathname in a macro.  IF your data is being
pulled by macro action, check the pathname in the details
of the macro step that does the import.  It must point to
the network location rather than the original C: drive
location.
If I've misunderstood the problem, maybe more detail would
help.

HTH.

0
anonymous (74722)

IMF moving mail to Junk Folder
Hi, We are running Exchange 2003 SP1. Clients are running Outlook 2003 SP1 and SP2. We have just installed the Intelligent Message Filter on our SMTP gateway server. All things looked to be going great until I noticed that the Junk Mail Folder starting filling up. When I checked the folder to see what was in there I noticed there were a lot of messages from people that I expect to recieve mail from. Upon further reading I noticed that IMF and Outlook go through a set procedure for filtering Mail, using safe snder lists etc. My Junk E-Mail filter is not setup withing outlook so my saf...

Database query, spreadsheet size
I have a spreadsheet with several database queries from SQL Server. As queries are refreshed, spreadsheet size continues to grow. Even when I wipe out the queries, the file stays around 300K. Does anyone know where this extra data is sitting and how can I clear it out. Hi 300K is not that big but have a look at: http://www.contextures.com/xlfaqApp.html#Unused >-----Original Message----- >I have a spreadsheet with several database queries from >SQL Server. As queries are refreshed, spreadsheet size >continues to grow. Even when I wipe out the queries, the >file stay...

Macro to insert to move values of a cell to next cell in the same row
Hello, I would like to know the Macro code for Moving the Values of a cell to next cell based upon values in a particular cell. Ex:- Col A(DATE) Col B(0-30 Days) Col C(30-60days) ColD(60-90day) Jan-05 10 Feb-05 10 Based upon date in Col A i want move the value in col b and c to the next cell.Basically this for aging the items in the work sheet Hi There, Can anyone pls give the code for this query. Pls help ...

Moving Objects
I have a picture and an object (Line) that I have placed on top of chart area. After I do work on other sheets in the workbook and retur to the sheet with the objects, they sometimes move slightly from where placed them. How can I get them to stay put. I have tried to lock an protect them, but they still move. Not everytime, but often -- icetre ----------------------------------------------------------------------- icetrey's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2032 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=39320 Hi Ice...

Move messages based on subject
I have an Exchange 2003 mail server running. I also have an e-mail filtering device that sends possible spam messages to the end user with a subject of [LIKELY SPAM]. I would like to setup a ?rule? at the exchange server level that any messages with a subject line of [LIKELY SPAM] be forwarded to the mail administrator. How can I set this up? Thank you in advance for your assistance. Rene On Fri, 13 Jan 2006 11:53:03 -0800, "Rene Ditton" <Rene Ditton@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have an Exchange 2003 mail server running. I also have an e-mail filtering &...

synchronized combo boxes moving between records problem
Sorry if this has been answered, I couldn't find the exact problem elsewhere! I'm only a beginner at this but when i select the right ID from the first combo box, i got it to come up with the correct related IDs in the second combo box , like it's meant to! but when I move to the next record (a new one, or the last one, or anything), the second combo box doesn't retain the record. As in, as you scroll through each record, none of the second combo box 'records' are kept, they are all blank until you click on them, then they come up with your choices, UNLESS you ...

Ldap Query
I want to make a query where i can see the members of an administrative group or Distribution list. Is there someone who has such a query? administrative group would be based on something similar to (legacyexhangedn="/o=Microsoft/ou=First Administrative Group/cn=Recipients") dl would be based on (memberOf="DN of Group") This works fine as long as the group isn't the users primary group -- Hope that helps, Dan Townsend This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Please do not send email to this address, post a reply to this...

Union Query
A union query I developed has suddenly stopped working. The syntax is: SELECT * FROM [myQuery - Part 1] UNION SELECT * FROM [myQuery - Part 2]; Pulling up each query individually works fine. When i run the above union query I receive "Invalid use of Null". The number and order of the columns in each query are identical. Access 2003 here. Any ideas what could be the problem? I suspect it is the VBA code that you are using around the query, not the query, that stopped working. To confirm, does your query is executable from the query editor? If it does not, you also confirm t...

Use Stored Procedure developed in C# in a SQL Query
I created a Stored Procedure by selecting a SQL Server Project in Visual Studio 2008 using C#. It receives a SqlString as a parameter and return how many times a specific character was found. I deployed the procedure to a SQL Server database and can see it listed under the database. One caveat is that it has a small lock icon on it. I have a select query where I want to use the stored procedure. I am thinking this is doable in a select query but can't seem to get it to work. What I want to do is to have a select statement listing some fields and one of the fields being th...

Moving Public Folders #5
Is there anyway to move the hiearchy in the public folder listing? We have this +Public Folders Pub Folder1 Pub Folder2 Pub Folder3 What we want is this: +Public Folders Organization Name Pub Folder1 Pub Folder2 Pub Folder3 There are over 20K items, so moving them by hand is definatly out of the question. How can we create a new top level folder then place all existing folders under that? ESM only selects one item, and PFDavAdmin doesnt seem like it can do it. Thanks. On Thu, 9 Mar 2006 17:03:27 -0800, Vicnice <Vicnice@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:...

moving IMS to new server
I am in the process of moving my Exchange 5.5 server to new hardware. I'm using the Ed Crowley method. My question is about the Internet Mail Connector. Since we use the IMS for directory replication with other sites, what is the best procedure for moving the IMS and the directory replication connectors to the new server? Does it need to be done all at once or can we do it in stages by having the IMS on both servers for awhile? I want to make sure that I do not have any disruptions in either internet mail or directory replication. Thanks a lot. Kenny "Kenny" <kstern...

Move forms in public folders 5.5 to exchange 2003
Hello all, I recently migrated from exchange 5.5 to exchange 2003 using ADC and things were fine. I later deleted ADC and moved Exchange 2003 to native mode. I recently found out that the public folders have not been migrated. I earler used the pfmigrate script in exchange 2003. For some reason it had just created blank folders with no data on it. Now i want to migrate/transfer the public folders content(like forms) from exchange 5.5 to exchange 2003 computer. Please help. Best, Karthik ...

Moving email folders/email msgs. from older version to Outlook 200
Moving email folders/email msgs. from Outlook 2000 to 2007 on Windows 7. Need help finding correct files and import/export process. "Greg G" <Greg G@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:14C04831-4559-4F9A-9210-7B67575AC3CF@microsoft.com... > Moving email folders/email msgs. from Outlook 2000 to 2007 on Windows 7. > Need help finding correct files and import/export process. How to backup and restore Outlook http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/backupandrestore.htm http://www.slipstick.com/config/backup.htm http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assi...

Insert Database doesn't "see" half my queries?
I am trying to insert a database” from Access 03 into Word 03 using the database toolbar in word. When I click “Insert Database” in word, and then browse for my query, the wizard doesn’t “see” any of the queries in which I changed a field name (ex. Dept: Department). Does anyone know a workaround for this? Right now, it’s only showing about half my queries which is a little odd. Is there a different way to insert my database? Thank you! If you check Word Tools->Options->General->"Confirm conversion at open" and go through the whole insertion process aga...

parameter problem
Hi, I created a report base on a data range parameter, and in the report property event: On Open: Date Dialog.Open Dialog On Close: Date Dialog.Close Dialog But everytime after I entered the beginning date and Ending date: There is always showing a message: The expression you entered has a function name that MS can't find. I ignor it, click on OK, the report still open. I can't figure out which function name is wrong. If I delete the event setting in the property, then has no problem. But I do need the Date dialog for the people to enter. Thank you for your idea. ...

Select subform's query criteria from form's unbound cbo
I want users to be able to select a name from a form's unbound combo box and that selection to automatically become the criteria for the subform's underlying query, without the parameter box for the query popping up. How do I do this? I'm new to VBA and not an Access 2003 whiz either. TIA for your help! WorkerBee wrote: > I want users to be able to select a name from a form's unbound combo > box and that selection to automatically become the criteria for the > subform's underlying query, without the parameter box for the query > popping up. How do I do t...

Error Msg: Parameters values not valid
When I attempt to drag an e-mail message to the outlook bar task folder to create a task I get an error message: "Could not complete operation. One or more parameter values are not valid". The denied funtionality is useful shortcut. Any ideas why I have lost this shortcut to create tasks? Thank you for any suggestions - Dee Can you create new, blank Task items in your Tasks folder? Try opening your Tasks folder and selecting Save Task Order from the Actions menu. -- PATRICK REED [Outlook - MVP]~~~~~~ -Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) -Have you checked http://www....

Pass command line file name parameter
Hi, I have an application with classes Myapp, MyappDoc and MyappView. The input filename from command line's parameter is stored as public variable sFilename in Myapp.h which is included in MyappDoc.cpp and MyappView.cpp. There're compiling errors: MyappDoc.cpp : error C2065: 'sFilename' : undeclared identifier MyappView.cpp : error C2065: 'sFilename' : undeclared identifier Why? If the input filename from command line's parameter is stored as public variable in MyappDoc.h, how to access it from Myapp.cpp? Thanks, ybc The other problem is, when I set the...

Relationship error in a query
Hello Everybody, I have four tables in a databse. Each database has at least one column containing prices of goods & services. However, these columns are not related in anyway (some other colums are). I am trying to summerize these price information in one query where I am trying to list the sum of prices from every table. When I try to do so I am getting an error part of which says: "One or more of the tables isn't related to the others. Click OK to edit system relationships." At least according to the error message (and this would have been my question anyway),...

wchar_t as a string parameter
I believe I am going crazy. I just compiled the 'release' version of my program and am having issues with the passing of a wchar_t string to a function. Both Debug and Release: - stdcall calling convention - treat wchar_t as built-in type = NO - unicode char set code: bool MyFunction( LPTSTR szString ); wchar_t szMyString[31]; When I declare the szMyString variable, it has a starting memory address 4 bytes BEFORE the address that it has when it is passed inside the function. This only happens on the Release version of the program. Am using VS2005. Any ideas? Thanks, Je...

query criteria 12-29-07
I have a criteria test in the [DR].[Received Date] field of a query. The criteria is based on data which is entered into a form. >=(IIf(IsNull([Forms]![CSR dg]![txtEarliestReceivedDate]),[DR].[Received Date],[Forms]![CSR dg]![txtEarliestReceivedDate])) The true side of the IIF allows for all received dates if no data is entered into the form. I would like to instead not do a criteria test at all if there is no date entered into the form. I've tried things like "" or NULL in the criteria, but to no avail. The reason for wanting to do this, is that I have two tables linke...

Query table using criteria from an Excel document
Hello, I have a Access table of names and addresses. There is a postcode (zipcode) text field. I also have an excel spreadsheet with a single column of postcodes; no duplicates. I need to get query to return each name and address in the table which has a postcode listed in the spreadsheet. Typing each postcode manually into the query seems clumsy. Any ideas? Add a link to the Excel data. Create a new query joining the linked Excel data and your Access table on the postcode field. Those that match will result. -- Regards Jeff Boyce www.InformationFutures.net Microsoft Office/A...

fail to create IXSSO.Query object
I'm moving classic asp sites from Windows 2000 / IIS 5 to Windows 2008 R2 / IIS 7. We have the "Indexing Service" started. Catalogs were created OK. However, I am unable to create an ixsso.Query object. Get the following error message Microsoft VBScript runtime error '800a01ad' ActiveX component can't create object /HC/ECO/Announcements/Headlines/SearchResults.asp, line 39 ASP code : <% Dim sSearchString Dim oQuery Dim results() ...

Still stuck: rerunning a query to change criteria
My form lets one set criteria for a query, from which some textboxes display several Dcounts of the selected clients (grouped and counted by age and gender). Now I need this query to be rerun once different criteria are set. But I believe that as long as the form is open, the query wil be run ones and then never again! I could of course have people close and open the form again and again, but that is cumbersome. Me next try would be to have the criteria be set i the form and then as next step run and open the query, including the data to be displayed in a subform. But is ...

How to move highlighted cell to a new column
I got a huge database of fruit related terms such as : apple apple pie apple ipod apple computer banana milkshake kiwi kiwi map kiwi maple syrup orange juice orange mobile .... etc. I want to filter out all the non edibles such as ipod, computer and mobile. I used conditional formatting to highlight all the non-edibles at the moment, and terms such as ipod, computer, mobile, map and maple syrup were highlighted. However the kiwi maple syrup is edible, and i dont want it to be highlighted. But you cant manually check every cell if you got like 10000 rows (just an example). Is there a way ...