Moving Page with Scroll Bar

I am using Excel 2003.  Till today, the page scrolled when I moved the scroll
bar with my mouse.  Now, the page doesn't move until I release the scroll
bar.  What did I do wrong, and how can I reverse it?
0
CMM1 (6)

Have you turned on the Scroll Lock button by mistake
Peterm

"CMM" wrote:

> I am using Excel 2003.  Till today, the page scrolled when I moved the scroll
> bar with my mouse.  Now, the page doesn't move until I release the scroll
> bar.  What did I do wrong, and how can I reverse it?
0
peterm (65)

Linking Charts to publisher file saved as web page
Good Day I hope someone can help me with this question - I am using publisher 2007 to create a newsletter ( Saved as web page ) on our local intarnet. I am now trying to add / link charts and excel tables to the newsletter. I am only able to paste as picture and have them dynamically update with daily sales for example. Can anyone help me with this . . . I am trying to find a way to insert excel charts and tables into my publisher 2007 webpage and have them automatically update when the excel files update - I do not want to copy and paste and re-publish everyday ...

How do I move .pst file?
My .pst file is very large, and I want to move it to another drive. It is at C:\Documents and Settings\My Name\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook\outlook.pst [not wrapped of course]. I could move it "manually" but I don't want to confuse Outlook, and I can't find any way to tell Outlook the new location. Microsoft Outlook 2000 SR-1 Internet-only profile. Windows 2000 Version 5.0 build 2195 Service Pack 4. Thanks! On Sat, 20 Dec 2003 13:32:42 -0800, "Robert Cheshire" <abuse@spamme.not> wrote: >My .pst file is very large, and I want ...

Moving elements in smaller increments
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel This may be a stupid question, but how can I move elements in smaller increments? As it is now, when I use the arrows to move an inserted object, it will snap past the position I would like it to be in. With text boxes I notice that I can hold down the option key and that will give me smaller steps in which to move the box, but this does not work with inserted elements. What am I missing here? ...

Formatting tabs for pages and subpages
Is there a way to format the appearance of the tabs for pages and subpages? I'd like to use specific colors for different pages and groups. Also, is there a way to increase the size of the tabs either horizontally or vertically to accommodate a longer, more descriptive label. On 19/02/2010 2:29 AM, hmbsport wrote: > Is there a way to format the appearance of the tabs for pages and subpages? > I'd like to use specific colors for different pages and groups. Unfortunately, no. Also, is > there a way to increase the size of the tabs either horizontally or > ...

Why doesn't what I enter in the function bar appear in the cell?
I have a workbook that contains several copies of a master template worksheet. On one of these sheets when I enter text, it appears correctly in the function bar, but appears as a string of &s in the cell. This has only just occurred, and as far as I know used to work OK, i.e. it used to appear as text in the cell. What could cause this and what do I need to do to put it right? You wrote that the text appears as apersands (&). Did you really mean octothorpes (#)? If yes, then try formatting that cell as General--or anything but Text. Chris Mitchell wrote: > > I...

Word Printing and Rotation of Landscaped Pages
When printing a document with mostly portrait pages but some landscapes, the landscape page is rotated for printing and is rotated so that the page top is on the right hand side of a traditional portrait page. I want it to rotate 180 degrees from that so that the bottom of the landscape page is on the right hand edge of the portrait page. Cannot seem to find a place to do that. Help !!! I don't think Excel can do that. Mike wrote: > When printing a document with mostly portrait pages but some landscapes, the > landscape page is rotated for printing and is rotated ...

Can't customize the Outlook Today Page
I ma having trouble customizing the "OutLook Today" page in outlook 2000. Everytime I click on the Costomize Outlook Today, nothing happens, I can drag it to the desktop, it will open then, but it won't save any of the settings. I have removed and loaded outlook and still nothing. I have tried running the repair option on office and that doesn't work either. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. This is happening under both XP and Win98 SE. I believe all update have been added. -- Regards, Bob Frost Canterbury House Bed and Breakfast 802.457.3077 Bob <bo...

how do I restore the pdf tool bar to excel?
I have PDF converter 2 software and had the pdf creator tool bar available when using excel spreadsheets and even though I've uninstalled and reinstalled the software the tool bar is still not available when I open excel, it is however, when I open word files. How do I correct this problem? Thanks for any assistance. I can make my PDF toolbar come and go using View|Toolbars and clicking PDFMaker 6 -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "Deb" <Deb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:295E1162-175F-4483-BEEC-757DF68517CD...

Printing just one page?
I would like to print just one page in my publication, at times. When I hit file, print, I do not have a print option. Print merge, print preview are all that is available. Can anyone help? Please?? What version Publisher? When you are ready to print one page, there should be check off for "current page". Are you expanding the File menu? Right-click any toolbar (Publisher 2002), customize, toolbars tab, check *Always show full menus." What happens if you ctrl+p or click the print icon on the toolbar? -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msau...

Why scroll excel XP spreadsheet is so slow
it is so difficult to scroll through a spreadsheet with datacell (20cols x 3000rows), very very slow, any user know what the problem is? my system: chinese winxp pro (updated to sp1) chinese officexp (updated to sp2 + all patchs) file is about 2mb.. it is so strange that open the same file in "english winxp pro+english officexp" is scrolling very smooth.... i don't know why.... pls help me..... Marco8P you have one reply (guess) at your first post. Marco8p wrote: > > it is so difficult to scroll through a spreadsheet with datacell (20cols x > 3000rows), very ve...

Moving Mailboxes with MoveMailboxADSI_CDOEXM.vbs
All, I am in the process of developing a mailbox move procedure for a client utilizing the MoveMailboxADSI_CDOEXM.vbs script which comes with teh E2K3 SDK. I have been successful in using the script to migrate mailboxes from Exchange 5.5 servers to Exchange 2003 servers that are in the same site. However, the script does not seem to work when doing a cross-site migration eventhough I am running Exchange 2003 SP1 on my Exchange 2003 boxes. The cross-site migrations are successful using the GUI Wizard but not with the script. Has anyone else out there run into this situation? Are cro...

I recently lost send/receive progress in the outlook status bar,
I'm using Outlook 2003 SP3. Until a couple of days ago, I would receive send/receive status and progress in the Outlook Status Bar at the bottom right of my Outlook Window. I don't think I made any changes, but the information no longer shows up. Are there any ideas as to why this may have happened? View-> Status Bar -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook.info/ Real World Questions, Real World Answers ----- "jdw_...

How to print header all page
I create assetNo header (difference number of record for each assetNo) in my report and set keep together for each assetNo. If data in any assetNo more than one page, My report does not print assetNo header on next page. Where am I wrong. Nova wrote: >I create assetNo header (difference number of record for each assetNo) in my >report and set keep together for each assetNo. >If data in any assetNo more than one page, My report does not print assetNo >header on next page. To get a group header to appear on each page in addition to the start of the group, you need to set t...

Visio Org Chart being moved over as an object in powerpoint
I have an org that has dotted lines drawn around groups of boxes with arrows on each end and when I move or should I say copy to powerpoint one set of dotted lines become solid and I have no idea why? Can someone tell me. I suspect it's the fact that you may have copied it as an emf/wmf. Visio tries to ease the pain (since dotted lines make very large files) and converted them to straight. al "Angie" <Angie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6D15E003-C042-478D-8113-2453AD2855D7@microsoft.com... >I have an org that has dotted lines drawn around g...

How do I set up a line

Elements in Chart Object move around between saves
I have a line chart embedded in a worksheet. This chart has a title and legend at top and 9 text boxes that display data from cells using a formula entered in the formula bar. I carefully arrange all of these items in the chart object and then save and close the file. When I re-open the file, one or more of these objects is no longer in the location where I placed them during my previous session - they've moved around inside the chart object. Has anyone seen this problem before? Is there a way to keep this from happening? ...

How how do I get a ligature tie bar below two characters? Help
The unicode character is 035C. I am using Word 2007 with Windows XP. When I type the character between the two letters, select it, and key in ALT x, I get the box that indicates a missing symbol. I can't find the symbol in the Arial Unicode MS set under IPA extensions, yet it is an IPA symbol and it does have a unicode character. Is there any way to make this work? (If this appears twice, forgive me. I am new to this discussion and am having some difficulty posting.) On Nov 15, 5:10=A0pm, Pamela Case <PamelaC...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > The unicode chara...

In Excel, how can I print a long list on 1 page in multiple colum.
I have a long (700 rows) list in an Excel worksheeet. I would like to print the whole list on one page by making the font smaller and by printing it on multiple columns on the page. How can I set this up? Thanks Check out this David McRitchie link for the columns question: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/snakecol.htm "Chuck" wrote: > I have a long (700 rows) list in an Excel worksheeet. I would like to print > the whole list on one page by making the font smaller and by printing it on > multiple columns on the page. How can I set this up? > > Thanks ...

Scroll window -update the buffer
Hi, I want to change the scroll window line items fields value which are not currently focused (selected line). Ex: If I enter the 5 in line3, the corresponding field in line 1 and 2 should be change to 5. Is it possible without re fill the window after update the table? Regards Jeganeedhi No. Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com The Dynamics GP Blogster at http://dynamicsgpblogster.blogspot.com "Jeganeedhi" wrote: > Hi, > > I want to change the scroll window line items fie...

numbering pages in footer
In the old excel, 1997, we could start a new page with a different page number rather than 1. I have many pages in one worksheet and many worksheets. I want the numbering footer to continue with each worksheet I prepare, and print them out at different times. I will finish one worksheet and print, and use this while working on a new worksheet, but want the next page to start where the last worksheet ended. I know you can do this by added all the worksheets together on a single worksheet and group them, however I work them at different times. On the 1997 version, you would simple ...

Page Numbering (Starting Number Other Than 1)
I am at a loss as to how to start page numbering with number other than 1. I am using Office Pro 2003 with Publisher 2002. When I go to Tools/Options, I do not find the familiar menu "Start Numbering With . . " menu. What to do?? Regards, Bill Go to Page 1, Insert|Section -- JoAnn Paules - MVP Microsoft Publisher "Bill" <russeng@kiowaonline.net> wrote in message news:09b701c4257b$9d972530$a601280a@phx.gbl... > I am at a loss as to how to start page numbering with > number other than 1. I am using Office Pro 2003 with > Publisher 2002. > When I ...

odd and even page headers, and section breaks
Hi, I have a document with 3 sections at the moment. The first section just contains the title page, the last section just contains the last page. The body of the document is contained in section 2. The setting for "Same as previous" has been turned off in all the headers and footers. I need to introduce odd and even pages in the body of the document, specifically at page 6, so i can have different headers and footers in that part of the document. I need page 6 to be an odd page. I've tried a number of ways and none of them have worked. I've tried clicking...

Move equations from line to line automatically
I need to create a excel template to import information into a MRP system. Specificelly for cabinet doors Pricing is done by the square foot so I need to keep trac of the total price. The problem is the order can be as little as one door or it can be thousands of doors. I would like to see HEIGHT WIDTH STYLE QUANTITY SQ FT PRICE TOTAL So that the total would always appear below the last door entered. I am using Office 2003.Is this possible? You can do it either of two ways: the easy way, or the slig...

How do I assign a bar to the right axis?
I have a bar chart with three colums. The left column is dollars. I want to make the right column percentages and assign the right column to the right axis? How do I do this? Hi, You need to create 2 series and move one of them to the secondary axis. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ColumnsOnTwoAxes.html Cheers Andy -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info "Mike Row Soft" <MikeRowSoft@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A8613B9A-4C6E-4565-9E80-A0D1365A9EB5@microsoft.com... >I have a bar chart with three colums. The left column...

Chip Pearson- you're web page is down
I am getting a 404 error on Cpearson.com cpearson.com/excel.html works though The page loads fine for me. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "scott" <scott@mail.mail.com> wrote in message news:u8pAPpLBFHA.1564@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... >I am getting a 404 error on Cpearson.com > cpearson.com/excel.html works though > works fine for me too -- Rob van Gelder - http://www.vangelder.co.nz/excel "Chip Pearson" <chip@cpearson.com> wrote in message news:%23YvgfrLBFHA.3492@TK2MSFTNGP...