Moving data between Excel sheets

"I have an excel spreadsheet that has 2 sheets, one has a list of open
issues" and one a list of "closed issues". One of the fields on the "open
issues" sheet has a "closed date" field. Whenever a date is typed into this
field, I would like for it to be moved to the "closed issues" sheet, to avoid
duplicate, manual entries being done. Can anyone help me with the best way to
achieve this? Can this be achieved by using Macro's.

Any help with this, would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
0
Lucy (18)

Suggest you send this to the programming newsgroup if you get no answer
here.
--
Bernard V Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

"Lucy" <Lucy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> "I have an excel spreadsheet that has 2 sheets, one has a list of open
> issues" and one a list of "closed issues". One of the fields on the "open
> issues" sheet has a "closed date" field. Whenever a date is typed into
> this
> field, I would like for it to be moved to the "closed issues" sheet, to
> avoid
> duplicate, manual entries being done. Can anyone help me with the best way
> achieve this? Can this be achieved by using Macro's.
>
> Any help with this, would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Thanks!

0
bliengme5824 (3040)
12/1/2005 5:17:35 PM
If you simply stand on the cell where you want the output and in the menu
line write = and then click onto the other sheet and go standing where you
want the input from.
You can also use a formel i.e. if the data you want removed is in no.1sheet
A1, you go to sheet 2 cell A1 and write = Sheet 1!A1
Hope you can use it.
--
Therese

"Lucy" skrev:

> "I have an excel spreadsheet that has 2 sheets, one has a list of open
> issues" and one a list of "closed issues". One of the fields on the "open
> issues" sheet has a "closed date" field. Whenever a date is typed into this
> field, I would like for it to be moved to the "closed issues" sheet, to avoid
> duplicate, manual entries being done. Can anyone help me with the best way to
> achieve this? Can this be achieved by using Macro's.
>
> Any help with this, would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Thanks!
0
Therese (23)

number rounding in MS Excel