move row to top of page

I need to know how to automatically make a row appear at the top of the page
after a cell has had data entered into it.

For example:  if you enter data in cell A3 and hit enter, I would like cell
A10 to appear as the first next row.

I would appreciate any help.  Thanks.

Number of rows in Excel 2007
Hi everyone, I was under the impression that Excel 2007 was going to have more than 1 million rows and 16,000 columns. I opened the program last week at work and saw only the regular 65,536 just like previous versions. Am I dreaming, did I invent in my own mind? Your comments will be appreciated. Gilles If your workbook is an xls workbook, then only 65,536 rows show. Save as an xlsx and it will have the million rows. Bob Flanagan Macro Systems http://www.add-ins.com Productivity add-ins and downloadable books on VB macros for Excel "Gilles Desjardins" <gilles.desjardi...

row to column data
how do you move the data of a row to a column? I've tried using the pivot table function, but I get these fancy reports that don't work. All I want is to move the data from a row to a column thx "moratis" wrote > how do you move the data of a row to a column? > I've tried using the pivot table function, but I get these fancy > reports that don't work. All I want is to move the data from a row to > a column Copy / Paste Special / Transpose Jordon ...

OWA Error on page
We just setup SBS with exchange. When a cleint logs into exchange via the web, using IE6, (Preimum mode) the menus load and they can read mail just fine. But, if they try to change the layout (reading pane, etc) or open any folders, I get a "error on page" on the lower left side of the browser. Any idea where I start to find out whats up? Thanks, Steve Apply Exchange SP2 over the top and see if that resolves the prob. "S. Proctor" <sproctor@microline.org> wrote in message news:efHc9HlYGHA.4860@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > We just setup SBS with exchange....

Call GenerateAuthenticationHeader from a custom html page.
I created a html page in CRM Web folder. I made a button on the form to call this page. My problem is I need to call the CRM web service from this page. Seem like I cannot call the function GenerateAuthenticationHeader() in this custom page. How can I call it? GenerateAuthenticationHeader() is a JS fuction embeded in the CRMForm Style Sheet, without including the CRM style and header files, you cannot call the GenerateAuthenticationHeader() function. this function will return you the information of the current logo user, you may reproduce this same function in an asp.net page using the W...

How do I format catalog merge pages so the output is in columns n.
In Publisher - when I do a catalog merge (I am trying to make a an address directory) the output (names & addresses) merge correctly but I want to be able to read them up and down in columns instead of across in rows. How can I format? You need to setup your data differently. There is an Excel example here: http://msauer.mvps.org/more_graphics.htm -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Mary" <Mary@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5B624CD4-90D8-4986-A2FF-A2807467E6F5@microsoft.com... &...

Printing Only Rows With Values In Them
In Workbook2 I=92ve got formulas in all cells from A1 to J100. The formulas =91pull in=92 values from the corresponding cells in Workbook1. Not all rows in Workbook1 always have values in them, ie the values may stop at row 20, 30, 45, whatever (but there won=92t be any gaps). I need to print Workbook2 sometimes and I only want to print the rows where there are values, not the whole 100 rows with formulas in them, but if I click =91Print=92 I always get the whole 100 rows printed, whether there are values in them or not. In the 100 rows I=92ve got conditional formatting thus: If cel...

page setup #2
I am wanting to change some pages to landscape and leave others in portrait on the same document On each page go to page setup and chose the appropriate page size and orientation. Within a Visio file you can have any combination of size or orientation. The key thing to watch out for is that within Page Setup, "Same as Printer" is NOT selected. John... Visio MVP Need stencils or ideas? http://www.mvps.org/visio/3rdparty.htm Need VBA examples? http://www.mvps.org/visio/VBA.htm Common Visio Questions http://www.mvps.org/visio/common_questions.htm "Stacey" <Stace...

When printing page to pdf, my Excel XY chart shrinks to one half s
Quick question for the MVPs, like Jon P. and others. I have an Excel page with six dense XY graphs. But, each of these graphs are actually a picture of an XY graph from another page within the same workbook--it is a summary sheet. The problem is that whenever I print that summary page to pdf, the pdf software cuts down the height of each graph to exactly 1/2 the size. I have used CUTEpdf Writer and Acrobat Pro, and both of them do this. Moreover, after printing, the summary page, the "picture" graphs in the Excel file also show the same reduction in size. Do any of you...

Web Page Preview opens in Powerpoint!
When I select Web Page Preview, the preview opens up and displays in powerpoint rather than explorer/browser. I don't know what I did or how to fix. Appreciate any help. Right-click the file, properties, opens with... change. Associate the file with the browser. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "chris" <chris@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:ABCE38D7-B5FD-4345-973D-8D743BCF64D2@microsoft.com... > When I select Web Page Preview, the preview opens up and displays in > powerpoi...

Can I merge rows to columns
I have exported a Macro report into excell. I need to merge two rows into one row. Is this possible, and if so how. I am a beginner. Can you explain why you want to do this? Merged cells cause a lot of problems down the road, everything from sorting, copying and pasting. So if that is what you want I advice against it but you select the cells in question and do format>cells>alignment and check merge cells. Note that only the values in the left uppermost cell will be kept. If you only meant concatenate values you can use =A1&A2 -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom http://nwexcelso...

Top margin is staying at 0.0, won't re-set
I can't re-set my top margin. It continues to default to 0.0 and will manually change for use, but comes back to 0. If you look in Print Preview (Ctrl+F2), then will the top margin be correct? If so, see http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/WhiteSpace.htm. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "Durena" <Durena@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9935B7E1-CFFC-4527-965C-3ABD5E915BC0@microsoft.com... > I can't re-set my top margin. It continues to default to 0.0 and will > manually change for use, but comes back to 0. ...

Tiger: If Office 2004 now on own Apps volume, MUD on own Docs vol.: what moves from 10.3.8 to 10.4 boot volumes?
3 STRATEGY CONSIDERATIONS: In anticipation of Tiger delivery on Apr. 29, I've moved Office 2004 from the OS 10.3.8 volume's Applications folder to a new OS-free, non-Apple Apps volume. I've moved the Microsoft User Data folder from Users/~/Documents to a new OS-free Documents volume (and left in its place an alias with the word "alias" nipped off.) When Tiger arrives, it will be installed on an empty partition, rather than use the Panther partition. I intend to maintain my OS 10.3.8 boot volume just in case I have problems with Tiger not playing nice with my hardware...

Hide page numbers for mutliple discontiquous levels
Hi: I need to hide the page numbers for levels 1 and 7 in my TOC. I used the \n switch to hide level 1, but cannot find a way to specify multiple ranges for this switch. Is there a way to do this? I am using Word 2003. Phil You have to use a trick. See the "Omitting page numbers for noncontiguous levels" section of http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/TOCTips.htm#OmitPageNumbers -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "Phillip Llacuna" <phillip.v.llacuna@lmco.com> wrote in me...

How to load page with specific date?
Does anyone have any suggestions on how to load page with specific date? For example, https://fx2.oanda.com/user/interestrate.html, I need to manually input date, which starting from 1/1/1970 to today() or 2/2/2010. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to load this page into excel? Thanks in advance for any suggestions Eric I only selected US currency although you could select multiple currencies Sub OANDA() URL = "https://fx2.oanda.com/user/interestrate.html" StartDate = "01/01/1970" EndDate = "02/02/2010" MyCurrency = "US DOLL...

Updating formulas with new rows at set intervals?
Hi there, I have a row of formulas that I want to update with new row references that are a set # of rows away from the orginal. ie) Row 1: =A1+B1, =C1+D1, =F1+G1, =H1+L1 I need Row 1 to look like this, adding 5 rows onto each first cell reference: ie) Row 1: =F1+B1, =H1+D1, =K1+G1, =M1+L1 Is there an easy way to do this besides going into each cell indidually to make the change? I have a lot of sheets and a lot of columns that need to be changed. Thanks! Select your cells, and run the macro below. I have assumed that all your cell formulas are simple a...

moving downloaded Office 2007 to a new PC
I purchased Office 2007 upgrade license from Microsoft in Oct 2007. I still have the receipt with the 25 character license. It also references Optional: License Lock Box: Digital back-up service and license key. I just bought a new PC. Can I get Office 2007 on my new PC without buying another license? How do I accomplish that? I suppose you didnt save the installation download file? which you would use to install on your new PC (Having first uninstalled any Trial version & its Activation Assistant) Log back on to your account at Digital River and see what options you h...

Select Contacts from multiple pages
Is there anyway to select contacts from multiple pages in order to do a MailMere/Direct Email? I know I can use the Web client to select all on a page, or all on all pages, but what about a couple from each page. Right now, when I select, say 3, from the first 100 page, then click on the arrow to select 3 from the second 100 I loose the first 3. How can I do this? ...

Page scaling & Page break preview prob
Hi I have an Excel file with 5 columns. I insert a title bar on each page after the contents are fitted to the page size. This ends up as a 4 page catalogue with headers & footers When i print preview, i need to adjust the page scaling to 59% or 60% so as it prints at a reasonable size However, this knocks out the page breaks and when i re-set the page breaks the scaling reduces to 54% How do i get the desired page scaling AND have page breaks in the correct place ? Martin ���� Try reducing margins, headers & footers in page setup -- chris10 -------------------------------------...

can you move pages from one document into another in Publisher?
Hello, Let's say you have a Publisher document. It has 10 pages in it that you want to put into another Publisher document. How do you do this? I'm not talking about saving to a PDF or adding to an artwork library, etc. In PowerPoint, if you are in slide-sorter view, you can copy a slide from one document, then go to the other document and hit paste. Then the slide will go over to the new document. I'm looking to do something like that. Even better would be something like an "import pages from another Publisher document" function. So you could tell the computer t...

Spanish row = L vs. English row = R
I have a problem with an Excel file generated using the Spanish version of Excel that defines a cell using the row call out of L. This file is an external reference to my CAD software and when sharing these files to the US, the English version is using the row call out of R. Here is the example: @'C:\Temp\v15\Control master4.xls'!'Hoja1!L6C2' when redoing Paste Link becomes @'C:\Temp\v15\Control master4.xls'!'Hoja1!R6C2' Any ideas of how to control Excel to use the same call out for row no matter what the Language? Thanks in advance, Dave Applicati...

Sum of row untill you reach a certain point (2)
I have a twist on a problem that was answered earlier by the very intelligent JulieD. I want to add columns A2 through P2 until it equals the total in cell A1 Once the total would be met it would zero out the remainder of the cells. For Example: Cell A1 = 30 Cell A2 = 14 Cell B2 = 15 Cell C2 = 16 Cell D2 = 17 etc. (All the way to P2 which equals 29) In the end I need: Cell A3 to equal 14 Cell B3 to equal 15, But we still need to add as we have not reached 30. Cell C3 to equal 1, Because we only need 1 more to total to 30 Cells D3 to P3 to equal 0 as we have equaled or matched Cell A1 ...

Top 10 Things To Look For In A Web Host
Top 10 Things To Look For In A Web Host http://hosting-top10.blogspot.com/2008/07/top-10-things-to-look-for-in-web-= host.html 5 Tips To Choose A Domain Name For An Internet Business Web Hosting Advice http://hosting-top10.blogspot.com/2008/07/web-hosting-advice.html http://hosting-top10.blogspot.com/2008/07/5-tips-to-choose-domain-name-for.= html Domain Name Registration - Investments That Reap Benefits (part 2) http://hosting-top10.blogspot.com/2008/07/domain-name-registration-investme= nts_28.html Getting One Free Domains - Free Stuff Sites http://hosting-top10.blogspot.com/2008/07/getting-...

Move selection
XL 2003 > 'Tools' > 'Options' > 'Edit' > 'Move selection after enter' and one can alter what happens. A visually handicapped friend has asked me to set his recently installed XL 2007 so the selection remains where it is after enter. I do not have XL 2007 and do not have enough time when with him to get to know this version - change for changes sake and confusion rather than improvement as far as I can see - why do they do it? Please tell me where to find this setting. Camlad Will this be any help ? http://excel.tips.net/Pa...

Pivot Table
I have a simple jobs sold list with dates and salesman. I would like to put the date on the page field and then filter by periods like month or quarters. But I dont see anyway for appling an advanced filter for a less than and greater than date. selecting individual date entries would be tedious. Thanks for any suggestions. -- Ingersoll If I understand your question correctly, you could try putting date data in the Row Field. Then, right-click on a date and choose Group and Show Detail. Click Group... Then, choose the Time Periods you want to group the dates by. Click Okay. You will k...

check if any values on row
Hi, I am trying to have a formula on cell A1 for example that would look on cells D1:CT1 to see if there are any values different than 0 (in other words not empty or equal to 0). If there are any values different than 0, cell A1 would indicate "Row with data" if none, it would say "Empty row". Any help would be appreciated. Thanks On Sun, 28 Feb 2010 12:37:37 -0800 (PST), Norvascom <norvascom@gmail.com> wrote: >Hi, > >I am trying to have a formula on cell A1 for example that would look >on cells D1:CT1 to see if there are any values dif...