Move & Copy Problem, Limit?

Excel 2003 Problem

A workbook no longer allows "move & copy" of a worksheet, either from within
the workbook, or from another book, preventing me from duplicating an
existing worksheet.

What is the problem and how do I fix it?

Notes:
-The various worksheets in the file were all created from a single worksheet
used as a template for the others.
- Did I bump up against some sort of move and copy limit? (i.e limit on
duplication of a single worksheet)
- Would excessive number, cell, and/or other formats somehow cause this
problem?
- The file contains numerous, but probably not an excessive amount of
hyperlinks.

RL  -

Perhaps the workbook is protected. If so, choose Tools | Protection |
Unprotect Workbook.

-  Mike
http://www.MikeMiddleton.com

"RL" <RL@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Excel 2003 Problem
>
> A workbook no longer allows "move & copy" of a worksheet, either from
> within
> the workbook, or from another book, preventing me from duplicating an
> existing worksheet.
>
> What is the problem and how do I fix it?
>

> Notes:
> -The various worksheets in the file were all created from a single
> worksheet
> used as a template for the others.
> - Did I bump up against some sort of move and copy limit? (i.e limit on
> duplication of a single worksheet)
> - Would excessive number, cell, and/or other formats somehow cause this
> problem?
> - The file contains numerous, but probably not an excessive amount of
> hyperlinks.

0
Mike
12/12/2009 3:08:51 AM
No, I don't believe it is protected.

"Mike Middleton" wrote:

> RL  -
>
> Perhaps the workbook is protected. If so, choose Tools | Protection |
> Unprotect Workbook.
>
> -  Mike
> http://www.MikeMiddleton.com
>

> "RL" <RL@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Excel 2003 Problem
> >
> > A workbook no longer allows "move & copy" of a worksheet, either from
> > within
> > the workbook, or from another book, preventing me from duplicating an
> > existing worksheet.
> >
> > What is the problem and how do I fix it?
> >

> > Notes:
> > -The various worksheets in the file were all created from a single
> > worksheet
> > used as a template for the others.
> > - Did I bump up against some sort of move and copy limit? (i.e limit on
> > duplication of a single worksheet)
> > - Would excessive number, cell, and/or other formats somehow cause this
> > problem?
> > - The file contains numerous, but probably not an excessive amount of
> > hyperlinks.
> >

> .

"Don't believe" it is protected.

Did you look where Mike told you?

When you say "does not allow" do you mean you get a message staing you
cannot do this?

Is move or copy grayed out?

Gord Dibben  MS Excel MVP

On Sat, 12 Dec 2009 14:00:02 -0800, RL <RL@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>No, I don't believe it is protected.
>

>"Mike Middleton" wrote:
>
>> RL  -
>>
>> Perhaps the workbook is protected. If so, choose Tools | Protection |
>> Unprotect Workbook.
>>
>> -  Mike
>> http://www.MikeMiddleton.com
>>

>> "RL" <RL@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Excel 2003 Problem
>> >
>> > A workbook no longer allows "move & copy" of a worksheet, either from
>> > within
>> > the workbook, or from another book, preventing me from duplicating an
>> > existing worksheet.
>> >
>> > What is the problem and how do I fix it?
>> >

>> > Notes:
>> > -The various worksheets in the file were all created from a single
>> > worksheet
>> > used as a template for the others.
>> > - Did I bump up against some sort of move and copy limit? (i.e limit on
>> > duplication of a single worksheet)
>> > - Would excessive number, cell, and/or other formats somehow cause this
>> > problem?
>> > - The file contains numerous, but probably not an excessive amount of
>> > hyperlinks.
>> >

>> .

0
Gord

merge limitations
Last year in merging cells from an Excel to a document, Publisher 2000 had a limitation of 256 characters (including blanks, punctuation and special characters) per cell. Is this still true for Publisher 2003? Sure is and probably will not change. -- I have been able to create a column of cells in Excel next to the one to be merged that will tell me the size (length) of the information in the cells so that I don't exceed the limitation. For the curious: =LEN(A1) Entered and drug it down the 1,200 entries and found two that would exceed the limitation. >-----Original Mes...

An Outlook 2003 Problem

NNTP move to Exchange?
Hi, I'm having a problem with getting a NNTP feed from a INND 2.2.1 server to Exchange 2003; are there any known issues here? Has anyone done this type of migration before? What issues did you encounter? It seems as if Exchange just wants to pull down a few of the groups (of which we have over 100 internal) and even with that, not even pull all of the messages in from those few groups (it usually gets a few hundred messages). I'm using the basic NNTP wizards but everything looks to be configured correctly. Thanks, Dan ...

Copy constructor
Dear people, I have a class C1 which contains a member variable of class C2. C2 didn't have a copy constructor up to now but due to a change needed (and got) one, and an assignment operator as well. Now when compiling, I get en error C2558: "class C1: No copy constructor available or copy constructor has been declared 'explicit'". It is correct that C1 doesn't have a copy constructor but I thought that the default copy constructor just calls the assignment operators of the members. Since C2 has an explicitly programmed assignment operator - where is the mi...

copy does not work in word 2003

CRM 4.0 Custom Report Filter Problem

copying formulas in vba
Hey guys. I was wondering if someone could help me. I am writing a vba script that takes in data, analyzes it, and then copies the results to a new file. I am having a problem with two things. 1) I am using a template for the new file so there are a lot of formulas (sums and std) already defined and ready to use. However, there are some instances where there is a random amount of additional data I have to put in. So, I have to apply the same formulas to this new data. How do I copy formulas from one cell to another (allowing for a change in row) in vba? Lets say cell(1,4) has the form...

I added time update permisssion to my limited user acct. but it does not work. When I try, the time synchonization is greyed out. How can I get it to work. Thanks. On Apr 4, 12:33=A0pm, Mint <chocolatemint77...@yahoo.com> wrote: > I added time update permisssion to my limited user acct. but it does > not work. > When I try, the time synchonization is greyed out. > > How can I get it to work. > > Thanks. Is this Windows MCE SP2? What method did you use to add time update permission to your limited user account? Does your unlimited user accou...

Duplicate personal folders problem
Hello all, I have a problem with Outlook 2003 and I hope someone can help me resolve it I imported a PST file from Outlook XP that was on a different machine, and now I have two versions of Personal Folders in my All Mail Folders list. They both have Deleted Items, Drafts, Inbox, Junk E-mail, Outbox, Sent Items and Search Folders in. One of them has an icon of a piece of paper with a clock to the top left and a house to the top right. The other one has an icon like a stack of files (like from a filing cabinet) They are clearly referencing the same thing, as the Deleted Items both have al...

Interesting Solver problem (Solver encounters an error)
Here's an interesting problem, I wonder if anyone has any thoughts o this. Recognize that my real problem is very complex (severa intermediate calculation including some iterative steps), but th problem I'm having seems similar (conceptually anyway) to this simpl problem. Given a data set: x,y 10,3.9 8,3.2 7,2.8 6,2.2 5,1.4 4.5,0.8 4,0.01 3.8,-0.4 3.6,-1 3.5,-1.4 3.4,-1.8 3.3,-2.4 3.2,-3.2 3.1,-4.6 3.05,-6 One could look at the data and say, "that looks like the curve y=ln(x) but with a different asymptote other than the y-axis and possibly scaling factor." So we choos...

Excel Problem #3
I have win2000 with Office 2000 in the network! When i try to rename one excel file my computer make restart. This hapening not to all files,and all files there are in the same folder in the network! What hapen,and what i can do so as to work out the problem? I have all the required permissions on that network folder. No one else has any of the files open. They are not shared workbooks. ...

Limiting CRM application ability to aasigning user to approprite CRM security group
IT administrator that I have for client does not like the idea of CRM application assigning user group automatically. They prefer to do the security group assignment manually. Is this possible? What do I need to do to achieve that? Thanks Kyaw Hi Kyaw, I did it the following way for a customer: 1) You will need to precreate the five groups within your AD. There is no need of having a own OU (Container, Organizational Unit) for them. Follow the naming convention of your company or use the default namings from Microsoft for the five groups. There is no need for your AD Admin to assig...

Problems with MFC list controls
I have a large list control with many inventory control items displayed within. When someone single clicks on an item, it displays information about that item in another part of the dialog. I have a three-fold problem, the master list has multiple columns in it, in order to make the selection work properly, only column 0 can be selected, is there a way to make a valid row selection if you select an item using any of the other columns? Second issue is the highlight of the selection. Only column 0 in the list control will highlight, is there a way to make the entire row highlight when an...

Next button problems
I have a next button in a form that I have criteria for. I have a date field that has to be entered before going to another record. When I click the next button I get the pop up that says click update to continue but the form displays the next record instead of staying on the current record that needs updating. Here is the code that I am using. ____________________________________________________________________________________ Private Sub Command39_Click() If IsNull([Post Called Customer]) Then MsgBox "You must click the UPDATE button to continue!!!" Cancel = True End If On Erro...

Problem with message routing between EXCH2K and EX2K3
We are running a ver simply Exchange topology, with an Exchange 2000 single server (ServerA) acting as "dumb" Information Store. Incoming and outbound SMTP email is relayed through a Linux based SMTP host relay on the same subnet, which handles all domain lookups for mail routing. ServerA is configured to use to the Linux SMTP server as it's smart host. The domain is a native Windows 2003 AD topology. My problem is the following: I have recently added a new Exchange 2003 Server (ServerB) into our Exchange site topology. If I create a user (UserA) on ServerA and then do a...

Problem inserting cut range
I'm trying to cut a range then insert the cut range at a particular location. The code looks like this: Range("F5:G" & ActiveSheet.UsedRange.Rows.Count).Cut Range("D5").Insert(xlShiftToRight) However, when it reaches this point, I get an error saying "Cut method of Range class failed". I've tried changing the destination range so that it reads similar to the origin range, but that didn't help. Can someone help me get the syntax on this line correct? I've got several similar lines further down in the code. If I can fix thi...

Invoice Limit
I am thinking about purchasing Microsoft Money 2007 Home & Business. I had the 2003 version and remember it had a limit on how long the description could be for an item on the invoice. Is the description length still limited with the new version? Thanks In Advance! I am thinking about purchasing Microsoft Money 2007 Home & Business. I had the 2003 version and remember it had a limit on how long the description could be for an item on the invoice. Is the description length still limited with the new version? "Buford T. Justice" <BTJustice@???.com> wrote i...