Move column to in-between existing columns

Is there a way to move an entire column to in-between existing columns
without getting the error message, "Do you want to replace contents in
destination cells?" and also without VB?  I'm no use with coding...

What I've been doing is to insert new blank column, highlight and drag my
existing column to this new column, then delete the old column.

0
Melissa (140)

Have you tried "control x" to cut the column from the old location and then
ctl v to paste it to the new?
Peter
London, UK

"Melissa" wrote:

> Is there a way to move an entire column to in-between existing columns
> without getting the error message, "Do you want to replace contents in
> destination cells?" and also without VB?  I'm no use with coding...
>
> What I've been doing is to insert new blank column, highlight and drag my
> existing column to this new column, then delete the old column.

0
Peter2031 (452)
8/31/2005 9:15:02 AM
Peter,
your suggestion is the same as dragging my column to another place with the
result that the contents in the new colum are overwritten with the contents
of the old column.

But, FYI, I found that I can right-click in the column to the right of where
I want the cells to be moved to, and select "Insert Cut Cells".

"Peter" wrote:

> Have you tried "control x" to cut the column from the old location and then
> ctl v to paste it to the new?
> Peter
> London, UK
>

> "Melissa" wrote:
>
> > Is there a way to move an entire column to in-between existing columns
> > without getting the error message, "Do you want to replace contents in
> > destination cells?" and also without VB?  I'm no use with coding...
> >
> > What I've been doing is to insert new blank column, highlight and drag my
> > existing column to this new column, then delete the old column.

0
Melissa (140)
8/31/2005 9:36:09 AM
And you have another response at your first post.

--

Dave Peterson
0

Convert PDF to Excel columns
Help ! Ive copied a price list of a PDF file and need to put it back into original columns in an Excel file. I tried Text to columns but as the descriptions vary in length it didnt work & to do manually would take a while cause there is about 800 to do. The columns need to be set out like this - Number. Code. Description. EACH. Price. First few below :confused: 1 BB-1a Open/check/seal 300/900/1800 type CCU (includes up to 60 tags) EACH $32.90 2 BB-1b Open/check/seal 240/480/CMUX Line RIM Housing (seals and designations only) EACH $21.55 3 BB-1c Replace Captive nut (steel); Lock (pil...

Closed Purchase Orders should be automatically moved to history.
Closed Purchase Orders should be automatically moved to history. From case 8479058: Customer feels that once a PO is closed, it should automatically move to Historical Purchase Orders and out of Open Purchase Orders. They feel having to run the Routine should be unnecessary: From customer: "In my humble opinion, this feature is not functioning properly, and should be brought to Microsoft’s attention. The closed PO’s show an origin of “Open PO”. Users should not be expected to understand Microsoft’s database philosophy of open vs. history. It should be seamless." ----------...

Stacked Column Graphs
What I would like to do is something I thought was very simple, create a chart that compares total costs vs total funds over a period of years. I have a total of five columns of data. I want to select three columns to be in a stacked column graph (showing total Funds). I then want to create a second stacked column graph to sit beside the first one made from the remaining two columns of data (showing total Costs) for the same time period. The years will go along the X axis and the total dollars along the Y axis. I can do this so easily on graph paper, but for the life of me I cannot...

Excel 2007 Crashes When Deleting Column
First post so please be gently. I have a customer who is experiencing issues with a particular process in Excel 2007 and I wanted to seek clarification on what its doing. They are importing data from a SQL table, approximately 90 columns by 2000 rows. They filter the data and then copy the data and paste to another sheet in the same workbook. They then delete 78 of the 90 columns. At this point, they get "Excel cannot complete this task with available resources" message. Looking in Task Manager, memory usage for Excel has increased from around 70mb to over 1gb. c...

Text on A3 in 2 columns, left side portrait, right side landscape
How can I set up an A3 document with two columns where one column is portrait and the other column is landscape? If I understand you correctly, you will need to use a two-column table with text rotated 90 degrees in one of the columns. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "NIMRODMJW" <NIMRODMJW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:865FFC47-FC0B-47A7-AD1A-AF6555B98F4B@microsoft.com... > How can I set up an A3 document with two columns where one column is > portrait and the...

Moving Activities from one MSCRM to another MSCRM
I have a group of CRM users all within a single business unit who wish to setup their own CRM Server so they can have unique customizations. My first question...Is it possible to install two CRM Servers in the same domain using a single Exchange Server? My second question...Is it possible to move historical activities from one CRM server to a different CRM server? Thanks in advance for any responses. -- Mike Parks Georgia Institute of Technology Atlanta, Georgia Mike, With v1.2 there is no supported way to have 1 Exchange server talk to multiple CRM instances. The router will no...

move mailboxes from one 5.5 exchangeserver to another 5.5 server
Hi Our current Echange server is running on a Old Pentium2 server and I would like to transfer Exchange to a new server. I already installed Exchange Server 5.5 with the newest service pack. Now is my question: how can I move the data? Can I just Copy the raw data file to the new server? Or do I have to export and import the data at some way? Thanks in advance for the answer. Sander Peters Did you install the new server into the same Org and Site? If not, you should reinstall it. Then you can use the move mailbox tool to move the users mailboxes to the new server. This article is an exce...

TEXT to COLUMNS #4
I am using the "text to columns" feature to copy data from an internet page onto my spreadsheet. Specifically, I am copying 1)location, 2)latitude, and 3)longitude into column A as follows: A B C D E F G NYC 52° 53' N 118° 4' W 52.88 118.07 All data is pasted into cell A1; then the text to columns feature allows me to align the data into columns B,C,D,E,F, & G. HERE IS THE DILEMMA: The "Text to...

How do I label a column?
I am creating a sheet to keep track of my organization's volunteers and their specific skills, and will often have to sort the chart, in case we need people for certain duties. I want to re-label my columns, so that when I go to sort the data, it allows me to sort by "Baking", or "Cleanup" instead of "Column A", "Column B" and so on. There must be some way to do this, as I've seen columns given actual names on other worksheets, but don't know how to do it myself. You can hide the rows/columns in the tools>options>view tab and the...

Column heading differences
The menu column headings on my spreadsheets today are numbers instead of letters! I want the letters back! I like the differentiation between rows (numbers) and columns (letters). Help?? I received and opened a virus-free spreadsheet from a co-worker. Her spreadsheet had numbers for the columns -- could that have made my default switch? How do I switch it back? <Tools> <Options> <General> tab, And *UNCHECK* "R1C1 Reference Style". -- HTH, RD ============================================== Please keep all correspondence within the Group, so all may benef...

How to move directories from public folders to file systems
We need to move directories & their contents from within the public folders out to the file system? Is there a quick and easy way to move the directory and contents? Moving each file is time consuming. Thanks The M drive can be helpful in this case. But before you enable it be aware that this is highly discouraged by MS due to risk of store corruption. If you do use the M drive limit yourself to COPY operations do not MOVE or DELETE stuff. Leave DELETE to Outlook or OWA. Ok if you still want to use the M drive. You will probably need to re-enable the mapping. If something goes wro...

Update Column with Restricted Collation?
SQL Server 2008, server and database are both set to default Latin CI collation. Some characters are in there that are not valid for consuming systems. I would like to write a SQL-Update that will replace the varchar value with a value with a "restricted collation" like ASCII 7-bit so characters not on a standard US keyboard will be removed. How can I do that? Thanks. On 2010-04-13 22:01, SnapDive wrote: > SQL Server 2008, server and database are both set to default Latin CI > collation. Some characters are in there that are not valid for > consuming syste...

Trouble Moving Mailboxes to 2nd Exchange Server
I have installed a 2nd Exchange server in the same AG as the 1st. After moving a mailbox to the 2nd store, any messages sent or recieved get stuck in the queues. I'm sure that there is a connector or something that is not configured properly. Does anyone have any advice or know of articles that will provide steps to properly setting this up. "JayJ" <JayJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:464C75EE-BE8E-4BAF-B85B-458077AD4BCF@microsoft.com... >I have installed a 2nd Exchange server in the same AG as the 1st. After > moving a mailbox to the 2nd s...

Exchange 2003 cluster
Hello, I have a 4 node (3 active/ 1 Passive), 2 Front End (OWA and Internet mail) 2003 exchange setup. There are eight 5.5 server in the process of being phased out. I have the ADC running on another machine. The domain is 2003 Mixed Mode. I moved all the exchange 2003 servers (virtual and physical) to a different OU for part of an SUS project. They had been left in the Computers OU by my predecessor. SMTP started dying on the front end machines, but I don't think that was related. The main thing that bothered me, is I started to receive this error on the 2003 cluster nodes: Typ...

How to find paired values in one column
How to find paired values (e.g. Surnames or Names) in one colum -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

Selecting specific cells in a column using countif
I am trying to use the countif function but want to include and exclude specific cells within the same column. Row 1 = "4" Row 2 = "4" Row 3 = "3" Row 4 = "4" Example: I want to count "4" in row 1 & row 4 but not in row 2. Any help would be appreciated. Bob M. How do you plan on telling the formula which values/cells to exclude. Is there some sort of logic... -- HTH... Jim Thomlinson "Bob M." wrote: > I am trying to use the countif function but want to include and exclude ...

Moving Information store #2
Sir, At Present we are using Exchange 2003 installed in Dell power edge server, i want to move the information store and database to other server which is different hardware configuration. How to move the information store and database to other server Thanks and Regards sathish Kumar nair On Thu, 16 Jun 2005 20:49:01 -0700, sathish kumar nair <sathishkumarnair@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Sir, > >At Present we are using Exchange 2003 installed in Dell power edge server, i >want to move the information store and database to other server which is >different ...

I want to delete a created folder in "organize
I organized my inbox, called 3 files(folders) "correspondence" and I want to delete those - I have not been successful with anything I tried -- Regards, Francine Otterson President, San Diego Outlook User Group MVP - Microsoft Outlook "Briggy" <Briggy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:399A029D-C0A1-4AEA-9CA8-DBDDCB90DF75@microsoft.com... >I organized my inbox, called 3 files(folders) "correspondence" and I want >to > delete those - I have not been successful with anything I tried Are stating that you created 3 sub-fold...

Mailbox move #5
Hello friends: I have recently added a new Exchange Server2003 to our Administrative Group and moved few mailboxes from another Exchange 2003 server (in the same admin group). Even after moving the mailboxes over to the new server, the mailboxes still exist on the old exchange with a red dot on them. I tried to purge the mailboxes by right clicking on them, but getting error message "the operation cannot be performed because this mailbox was already reconnected to an existing user". Is there anyway to clean up the duplicate mailboxes still on the old exchange server. Thanks ...

Move Mailbox Fails
Please help, my brain hurts reading the million of MS articles that do not apply to my issue. What i have: (1) Exchange 5.5 Server (1) Exchange 2003SP2 server (Mixed Mode) - Obviously migrating all mailboxes from 5.5 to 2003... The correct version of ADC is all set up and working fine, so i believe... Problem: Cannot move mailboxes from 5.5 to 2003 server, i can however move a mailbox from 2003 to 5.5. Event ID as follows: ...................................................... Event Type: Error Event Source: MSExchangeAdmin Event Category: Move Mailbox Event ID: 1008 Date: 7/6/2006...

How can I make endless row, beyond IV column?
i want to have endless row, so when you go to the right it goes it goes and goes (pressing right arrow, for example) how can i do that? Hi You can't. That is the size of Excel - and it always has been. The next version (due later this year, I believe) should satisfy your requirements, though!! Andy. "Luciano" <Luciano@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AFCF8721-1DC8-4FC2-85ED-80149E371585@microsoft.com... >i want to have endless row, so when you go to the right it goes it goes and > goes (pressing right arrow, for example) > > how can i d...

why is there 256 columns on excel?
im wondering why there is 256 columns and 65536 rows on microsoft excel/ It was based on memory bytes: 256 = 2^8 or 2*2*2*2*2*2*2*2 8 binary bits, or one byte, can store the integers 0-255 (i.e., 256 numbers). 65536 = 2^16 or 2*2*2*2*2*2*2*2*2*2*2*2*2*2*2*2 16 binary bits, or two bytes, can store the integers 0-65535 (i.e,. 65536 numbers). So internally, each cell address had a representation that requires exactly 3 bytes - one for column, and two for row. In article <F688A76A-2919-404D-85AE-9276AAA3AD17@microsoft.com>, "bm" <bm@discussions.microsoft.com> w...

Finding Column Position
I'm creating a spreadsheet to help me with scheduling employees. Is there a way to find out the position of the last entry in a row? I'm using the following formula to find the first entry: MATCH(1,b7:ak7,0) This returns the first "1" that it finds in column 7, but I don't know how to find the last "1" that it finds in the same column. Any help would be greatly appriciated. Thanks, Brian -- Brian Mann ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Brian Mann's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&am...

In Excel 2 columns data into one?
I have a spreadsheet with several columns. I have a last name column and a first name column and I want to merge the last name and first name into one column instead of two. Help, I can't fugure this out. Hi in a helper column =A1 & " " & B1 -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Kelgal123" <Kelgal123@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:22255EDA-F202-4D1B-A818-39E2D674D60D@microsoft.com... > I have a spreadsheet with several columns. I have a last name column and a > first name column and I want to merge the last name a...

check if the text in one cell exists in multiple columns
hi, I've got the following question: I have a sheet with for instance: A B C D E 1 6 4 2 2 3 3 4 5 5 6 I want to know with a formula if the text in column A exists in column B-E Not all text will be in b-e and there will be no specific order. Can anybody help me with this? i've tried Match, but it can not work with multiple columns (in my case 10) ultimatly I would like to use that formula in conditional formatting to color the cell in column A to green if it exists i...