move a row of data values to a column in sorted order

Does anyone have a method of moving a row of random values to a separate
column on the speadsheet in numerical order and capturing the heading fields
sot that they are matched.  Expample...

   A      B      C     D
 232   121    88   412          --- this is my row data

column        this is how I want to reformat the row data on the spreadsheet
 88   - C
121  - B
232  - A
412  - D

Hi,

88   - C

Is that all in one cell?
--
Mike

question.

"moving row data to a column in a sorted" wrote:

> Does anyone have a method of moving a row of random values to a separate
> column on the speadsheet in numerical order and capturing the heading fields
> sot that they are matched.  Expample...
>
>    A      B      C     D
>  232   121    88   412          --- this is my row data
>
> column        this is how I want to reformat the row data on the spreadsheet
>  88   - C
> 121  - B
> 232  - A
> 412  - D
Engage all the responders in your identical thread a couple of days ago,
instead of re-posting here:

http://tinyurl.com/ye37jpg

My response there shows a generic formulas way to carve the ascending order
results out even if there are ties in the row data
--
Max
Singapore
"moving row data to a column in a sorted" wrote:
> Does anyone have a method of moving a row of random values to a separate
> column on the speadsheet in numerical order and capturing the heading fields
> sot that they are matched.  Example...
>
>    A      B      C     D
>  232   121    88   412          --- this is my row data
>
> column        this is how I want to reformat the row data on the spreadsheet
>  88   - C
> 121  - B
> 232  - A
> 412  - D

Tiger: If Office 2004 now on own Apps volume, MUD on own Docs vol.: what moves from 10.3.8 to 10.4 boot volumes?
3 STRATEGY CONSIDERATIONS: In anticipation of Tiger delivery on Apr. 29, I've moved Office 2004 from the OS 10.3.8 volume's Applications folder to a new OS-free, non-Apple Apps volume. I've moved the Microsoft User Data folder from Users/~/Documents to a new OS-free Documents volume (and left in its place an alias with the word "alias" nipped off.) When Tiger arrives, it will be installed on an empty partition, rather than use the Panther partition. I intend to maintain my OS 10.3.8 boot volume just in case I have problems with Tiger not playing nice with my hardware...

How to print one header over several columns of data
I want to print one title over a span of columns - what is the command? Format>Cells>Aligment>Horizontal>Center across selection? Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Thu, 27 May 2010 14:19:00 -0700, column title print <column title print@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I want to print one title over a span of columns - what is the command? ...

How to count rows with changing data
I have an imported list on sheet2 and it is maybe 100 rows. Each day the data is imported the dates change along with the type of record associated with each date. Say this week there are 25 rows with 11/13, 20 rows with 11/14 and 25 rows with 11/15 and 30 rows with 11/16. Mixed in with this each of these dates might have a different type of record (each type has 4 options.) I need to be able to do the following: 1.) I need to count the number of occurrences for each date and not only show the total count but also show the date that is counted as the label. 2.)count the...

Moving between accounts
HI Folks, In outlook 03 I used to be able to click on file then either change email account or move between email accounts i.e I have 3 different accounts set up wtihin outlook and I can only see one - the default at present. I have had a look on the site etc and can't seem to find how to do this one easily with new outlook. can anyone please suggest how to do this? Thanks HEAPS. Submitted using http://www.outlookforums.com "Cath" <cathjamo[at]hotmail[dot]com> wrote in message news:eXXFM5CzKHA.2436@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > In outlook 03 I used to be able to...

Transferring orders to invoice slow
Hi, how long should/does it take to transfer an order to invoice? For us, it seems to take about a minute per order and when posting a batch of 400+ orders it takes all day to finish. In addition, it takes up a lot of system resource making GP run extremely slow for all other users. Anyone else experience this issue in their environment? Where can I look for to speed things up? TIA. ...

How do I correctly sort a list of zip codes that has both 5-digit.
How do I correctly sort a list of zip codes that has both 5-digit zip codes and nine-digit zip+4 codes? Hi Vince, Assume the zip codes populate cells A1:A100. Use a helper column, say column B. In B1 enter the formula =len(A1) and copy down to B100. Then sort A1:B100 by Column B and then Column A. --- Regards, Norman "vince48@verizon.net" <vince48@verizon.net@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B41E9C09-972F-443D-AF0A-64927EA797CB@microsoft.com... > How do I correctly sort a list of zip codes that has both 5-digit zip > codes > and nine...

sort #5
hi all I know how to use the sort feature in excel XP and have a macro to sort data but is there anyway I can sort the data using a button/hyperlink/cell on the sheet itself? As an aside, does anyone know why I can't see the posts I make to the group but I can see all the replies? MTIA (again!) elwyn Just drag a button from the forms toolbar onto the worksheet and assign your macro to it. Don't know the answer to the second I am afraid. -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "elwyn" <pro4x@btinternet.com> wrote in message n...

Returning value from a cell
Not sure why this happens, but if I use: =INDIRECT(ADDRESS(MATCH($D$3,'C:\Documents and Settings\rogarl1\My Documents\[detailed report.xls]report'!$Q:$Q,FALSE)-0,22)) I get $V$12599, which is the cell I expect to see. If I add the indirect, below, I get 0 and not the text that is in the cell $V$12599. =INDIRECT(ADDRESS(MATCH($D$3,'C:\Documents and Settings\rogarl1\My Documents\[detailed report.xls]report'!$Q:$Q,FALSE)-0,22)) Any suggestions? Thanks in advance, Ron Did you leave something out in your message? The two formulas you posted are identical to my eyes -...

formula does not recognize value
i have a workbook that calculates exp dates. When the date lands on a saturday or sunday, I want it to bump out to the following monday. How can I do this? --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Make your formula consider the WEEKDAY result of its own calculation and add 1 ot 2 according to that. HTH. Best wishes Harald "Vato Loco >" <<Vato.Loco.16gz0q@excelforum-nospam.com> skrev i melding news:Vato.Loco.16gz0q@excelforum-nospam.com... > i have a workbook that calculates exp dates. When the date lands on a > saturday or sunday, I want it to bump ...

How do you match one column's numbers with the 2nd column?
How do you math one column's numbers with the 2nd column? Like if you had: 1 2 2 3 3 6 4 5 6 7 ... and you wanted it sorted like so 2 2 3 3 6 6 1 4 5 7 Any idea how to do that? Thanks, Lee:confused -- lnsykalsk ----------------------------------------------------------------------- lnsykalski's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3403 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=53792 Assuming your data are in columns A and B insert a staging column before column B, with following formu...

addition with a maximum value #2
Nevermind. Figured it out! =IF(SUM(D10+E10)>20,20,(SUM(D10+E10)+F10) -- djarcadia ----------------------------------------------------------------------- djarcadian's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1587 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=31496 ...

Variables and .value
Heres a simple script I've knocked together, largely by trial an error #WhereAmI.ps1 $usr=gci env:username $comp=gci env:computername $IPadd = ([System.Net.Dns]::GetHostAddresses($_) |select $_.ToString) $dom=gci env:userdnsdomain write-host "Formatted with Write-Host:" write-host $(" Username:",$usr.value) -foregroundcolor DarkGreen write-host $(" Computer:",$comp.value) -foregroundcolor red write-host $(" IP Address:", $IPadd) -foregroundcolor gray write-host $(" Domain:",$dom.value) -foregroundcolor DarkYellow w...

Conditional Formating based on other cell values??
Is there a way to apply formatting to one cell based on the conditions of another cell? For example, if A1 is equal to 10 then format C1 to red text. Is there any way to do that. Please let me know either way. Thanks, Dan There are instructions here: http://www.contextures.com/xlCondFormat02.html With your example, select cell C1, and in the conditional formatting dialog box, use the formula: =$A1=10 Dan B wrote: > Is there a way to apply formatting to one cell based on the conditions of > another cell? For example, if A1 is equal to 10 then format C1 to red text. --...

Pivot table add one column
How can I add one column in pivot table? When I added a column of Average 100, pivot table created 3 more columns for the first 3 columns( and I don't like it) My data Book Label Price Average A Hard paper 200 100 B Soft 100 100 C Hard paper 200 100 F Plastic 50 100 K Soft 100 100 L Plastic 50 100 M Hard paper 200 100 K soft 100 100 R Soft 100 100 T Plastic 50 100 ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- My pivot ...

show items with no data option in pivot tables
Can anyone help with some bizarre results I'm experiencing with the show items with no values check box in the field settings menu for pivot tables. It appears to be showing field headers that don't exist in my data???? I'm using Excel 2000. Debra Dalgleish has some techniques at: http://www.contextures.com/xlPivot04.html In fact, she has an addin that you may like: http://www.contextures.com/xlPivotAddIn02.html AHuntington wrote: > > Can anyone help with some bizarre results I'm experiencing with the show > items with no values check box in the field setting...

How do I move Outlook 2002 to a new computer
Hello. I installed Outlook 2002 on a laptop about 5 months ago. The Outlook came with my Ipaq and they recommend it for Activesync. It had to be registered. BUT, that laptop had problems and I bought a new laptop. I want to put the Outlook 2002 on the new machine, move over my outlook email and other files (both machines have XP and I believe there is a tool to migrate files over) and register it on the new machine and remove it from the old. When I put it on the new machine, I am told there are 50 uses left and it counts down. How do I register it? Thanks. Mark info ((at) kramd...

Displaying a cell's value versus it's formula
I have created an amortization schedule. When you click on a cell the toolbar shows the formula I used instead of the dollar value. I don't want anyone to know the formula I used so I want only the value show in the cell. I know you can click on a cell and F2 and then F9 to calculate the value, but I don't want to do that to calculate each individual cell. Is there a faster way to do the whole schedule at once? Thank you, Kris If you lock your cell, and protect the workbook, you can hide the formulas and just see the results. Select your range to lock Format|cells|Protect...

updating CRM Connector when moving the CRM Database to another server.
What updates to the MS CRM Connector do I need to do if I'm moving the CRM database to another server. I have not been able to find any information on this :-( Thanks in advance for any help, D~ ...

ListView header columns
I have a silly question, in a list view in report mode with column headers enabled I am supporting sorting the items in the list view and would like to show the silly little up and down arrows indicating ascending or decending but I don't see any property related to having them displayed. Are they a custom drawn item or am I just missing the obvious? TIA Ron Ron Hall wrote: >I have a silly question, in a list view in report mode with column headers >enabled I am supporting sorting the items in the list view and would like to >show the silly little up and down arrows indicati...

Calculation Order problem. #2
Bump... sry about the bump, but i'm desperate for a solution to this. -- ICE9 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ ICE9's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=13565 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=265139 ...

Columns

Need 2 rows to display X axis data points for a line graph
X axis is 100 data points, and all must be displayed. They do display, but are all mushed up. In Corel, you have the option to display the X axis on up to 3 rows, with interspersed tick marks. In Excel, I seem to be able only to manipulate the number of categories between tick marks and tick mark labels, but can't stagger data onto multiple rows. Any ideas or add-ins I could try? Excel 2002. Thanks, Susan This web page gives a suggestion for staggering your labels: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/Staggered.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technic...

VBA and researching data thru 20.000 records
Hi, I have 2 sheets with several fields. on sheet1, i have new data and on sheet2 i have old data. i would like to update 2 fields of sheet1 with data from sheet2. for that i want to compare 3 fields, let's say C, D, E. if C, D, E are equal on sheet1 and sheet2, so i want to copy data from fields A and B (from sheet2) to fields A and B of sheet1. for now i use selection.autofilter ..... on the 3 fields to compare, but with my 20,000 records, it's really slow (on 3.1 Ghz CPU and 1 Ghz ram). So i would like to know if exists another way how to do it and for sure faster ? thanka ...

Data validation 07-26-07
I am seeking to apply form level validation for two controls in the before update event of my form. My code looks like this: Private Sub Form_BeforeUpdate(Cancel As Integer) Dim strMsg As String ' An error that is special cased. Const conErrDoCmdCancelled = 2501 On Error GoTo Err_BeforeUpdate If IsNull(Me.cboMedium) Then Cancel = True strMsg = strMsg & "Medium required." & vbCrLf End If If IsNull(Me.cboSubject) Then Cancel = True strMsg = strMsg & "Subject required." & vbCrLf End If If Can...

Conditional formating, values.
Hi All, I've been fighting an unfair battle against Excel these past few weeks when it comes to conditional formating. It's my personal budget it's all about. Months are horizontally, expenses vertically. A Total-row displayes the current balance, where a positive balance is written in white, and a negative balance in yellow. I've done this using conditional formating, but I'd like my worksheet to turn the yellow numbers to red, when my creditlimit is used up. I hope someone here can help me construct the rule for to take effect - I simply can't get the numbers to tu...