More than 65000 Rows

Hello All,

Sorry if this has been covered before - couldn;t find a thread when
searching though..

Do you know if there's any way to increase the number of rows in a
worksheet?

Thanks in advance

Chris

http://www.google.com/groups?num=50&hl=en&lr=lang_en&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&safe=off&q=row++limit+group%3A*excel*&btnG=Google+Search

The bottom line : No.

HTH
Paul
Be advised to back up your WorkBook before attempting to make changes.

>Hello All,
>
>Sorry if this has been covered before - couldn;t find a thread when
>searching though..
>
>Do you know if there's any way to increase the number of rows in a
>worksheet?
>
>Thanks in advance
>
>Chris

Store row number after a find
Following a find command I want to store the row number to a variablke and use that to move to a columb on that row hi, what column? same column? different column? Regards FSt1 "Alan" wrote: > Following a find command I want to store the row number to a variablke and > use that to move to a columb on that row Hello, Any column on that row. Real problem is storing the 'found' row number to a variable "FSt1" wrote: > hi, > what column? same column? different column? > > Regards > FSt1 > > "Alan" wrote: > > > ...

row reference
i would like to sum a series of numbers in columnB and put in cell C1. which rows to sum depends on hard inputs in cells A1 (13) and A2 (29). in other words, i want to sum the numbers from B13 to B29 in this case. i know i can do this by setting C1 to: =sum(b13:b29), but the rows to sum will be changing frequently. next time A1 and A2 might be 9 and 36, respectively, thus summing cells B9:B36. i do not want to manually change the formula in C1 every time i change A1 and A2. i also do not want to create a macro. any thoughts? thanks, mike allen A couple of ways =SUM(INDEX(B:B,A1):IND...

Specifying Row / Column in Import File
Hello, first time poster here... I've a question regarding the import of Excel data. I'm going to b creating a flat file on a mainframe, copying it down to a PC and usin Excel to import it. I have a template that has cells and calculation associated with it. Now, what I would like to do is to have th mainframe prefix a record with a row / column coordinate, for example: A1,Data for Cell A1 B1,Data for Cell B1 A2,Data for Cell A2 ... etc. This is a simple example, but the program on the mainframe will outpu the cell address based upon some rules as it rolls through the data. How ...

Sorting rows without messing up cell references??
I have a several tables that refer to one another. I'd like to sor some of them, but doing so while keeping the formulas as relativ references messes up each cell references. If I change all the ro references to absolute, things get mess up if I sort the original tabl being referred to. Is there any way to get around this without manually cutting an pasting each row around into the right sort order? Thanks!! -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com If you can find a unique value in each table, maybe you could change your formulas around. Say one table is on sheet1, A1:E99 a...

Transform row to a column
Hello all, Can i make values that listed in a a row, to shown in a column automatically? for a example cells A1:1 B1:2 C1:3 D1:4 to become cells A1: 1 A2: 2 A3: 3 A4: 4. Thank you in advance! -- dealwi8me ------------------------------------------------------------------------ dealwi8me's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=18854 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=549315 dealwi8me - One way: Select A2:A4. In the formula bar type "=transpose(b1:d1)" (without the quotes), but don't press Enter....

How increase max # of rows/sheet in excel?
I have a huge report 250,000 rows generated for me at work (John Hancock). I use pivot tables to categorize the data. TAt this point I have to seperate the data into 5 worksheets, create 5 pivot tables, and then aggregate them. Is there a way to increase the maximum # of rows per sheet in excel above the 65,000+ default? For instance to 250,000+. That would save me a tremendous amount of time as I would only have to generate one pivot table. Hi no not possibe. 65536 is the maximum. Though with this much of data you sgould consider using a database (e.g. Access) and create pivot tabl...

EXCEL HELP (ROWS & DATA)
I have a table in Word that has many rows and cells with text in it. I have a column of text in excel. I would like to get in excel the information from the work document of just the text that is found in my excel column. I tried vlookup but the document in word may have a sentence in it and vlook look at a whole cell not part of it. Thanks for the help very much. Example: word docuement has "table four is next to table three" in excel I have a column ...

Add rows to a formula when copying
I have the following formula in cell C3 =IF((Calculations!C9-Calculations!C15)=0," n/a",Calculations!C3/(Calculations!C9-Calculations!C15)) I wish to copy this to cell C16 but wish to add more than the 13 row (ie 16 - 3) to each reference in the worksheet Calculations. I need i to add 27 rows. The end result formula I need in cell C16 is =IF((Calculations!C36-Calculations!C42)=0," n/a",Calculations!C30/(Calculations!C27-Calculations!C42)) Is there any easy way to do this? Happy to do it using a macro i necessary. To sum up, I would like to copy a formula and...

Insert Column and Row Tools Greyed out on custom toolbar
Hello - In OS 10.2.8 when I put the Insert Column and Insert Row tools onto my existing or onto a new toolbar using the Customize - Commands Dialog Box, the tools don't work. They are greyed out. However, it works on one computer, but not several others, and all versions appear to be the same. All other tools appear to be working normally, including Insert Cells, Delete row and delete column. Any thoughts as to what is going on? Thanks Mardee There are two sets of Insert Row/Insert Column Controls in MacXLv.X. The controls in the Customize/Commands/Edit category are for the List ...

How? compare two worksheets and identify rows of data that appear on both.
Ok, Suppose I have 2 worksheets. Sheet 1 has 1000 lines of data spanning xNumber of columns. Sheet 2 has 500 lines of data, also spanning the same number of columns. An unknown number of identical lines of data appear on both sheets. How can I get to a point where I can build one worksheet that is a composite of both sheets - such that no identical line of data appears twice on the final sheet? Thanks in advance, Simon. You could do this several ways. It really depends on your data integrity and what sort of data it is. -- Use a VLOOKUP OR INDEX/MATCH formula to compare the 500 row...

add number of duplicate fields in a row or column and have total
I have a log of jobs done on a photocopier, and need to bill people for what they have used. the log is very long and have the user name and the number of colour and number of Black and White copies they have done. I need to know how much colour and how much black and white jobs have been done by each user. hope someone know a way thanks or am I better to use Access ? J =SUMPRODUCT(($A$1:$A$20="Bill")*($C$1:$C$20)*ISNUMBER(FIND({"C","B"},$B$1:$B $20))*{3,2}) THe assumptions made People in A1:A20 Type in B1:B20, C for colour, B for B&W Quantity in...

Counting the Same Rows
I have a spreadsheet with 2 columns column a is CustomerID and Column B is TransactionDate I need a way of counting how many transaction dates a customer as column A can have the same customer ID in multiple times Any help appreciated Steve -- Steve M ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Steve M's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=32520 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=534495 Is it just =COUNTIF(A:A,"Customer A") or do you need to test the dates as well =SUMPR...

How to restrict the number of rows & columns?
Hi, can some one help me in konwing how to restrict the number of rows and columns in an excel sheet Sri... Sri, You cannot change the number of rows or columns, but you could hide any beyond the ones you want to see. -- HTH Bob Phillips ... looking out across Poole Harbour to the Purbecks (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "sridhar" <sridhar_machineni@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:uQLD50c6DHA.1040@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > can some one help me in konwing how to restrict the number of rows and > columns in an exce...

Row and Column Title Background Color Doesn't Copy
I am trying to use the "copy picture" function to save a portion of my Gantt to a .gif file to paste into PowerPoint. In Project, the row and column titles appear gray but when I paste the .gif into PowerPoint, they have no color. My client is getting picky about this...he liked it with the gray. AAAGHHH. That's why a lot of folks end up using something like SnagIt to do copy/paste. It's a free 30 day download. "lzrdlvr" wrote: > I am trying to use the "copy picture" function to save a portion of my Gantt > to a .gif file to pa...

Excel 2007: Huge Spreadsheets (>1 Million Rows, 16,000 Columns)
Well, I don't yet have my copy of MS-Excel 2007, but I am happy to see that (in theory at least) the spreadsheets one will be able to generate will be much larger than the 256-column, 65,536 (?) row spreadsheets of the MS-Excel I now have. According to Microsoft: [Excel 2007 provides] "the ability to create single sheets of over a million rows and 16,000 columns." http://www.microsoft.com/uk/atwork/office/excel2007.mspx Well, I certainly hope this is true! It would be very useful to me. I wonder if anyone has tried to work with this feature? -- Brett http://www.FreewareFri...

Macro insert data, need to insert rows
I have a macro that imports data from a CSV text file. Currently, it only inserts about 30 rows and 6 columns. Four of those columns have numbers that get totalled at the end of the import. My totals line is at line 45 (the import starts at row 6). The problem is that if more rows are added, and the data import goes past row 45, it moves my totals line over to column G (column 7) and nothing gets tallied correctly How can I make it so that, when the macro runs, instead of overwriting or moving my totals line it just adds a row above the totals line? I want it so that if the data goes to ...

Row Insertion Problem
Hello, I have a worksheet with a hidden column of formulas, each formula making calculations using data on the respective row. It is fine until a user inserts a row, as (unbeknownst to the user) the respective cell of the row will be blank, causing calculation errors. How best to tackle this issue? Many thanks in advance. One thought .. Safest and easiest to protect the sheet, with a password Prevent any damage caused by users inserting/deleting rows/cols -- Max Singapore http://savefile.com/projects/236895 Downloads:23,000 Files:370 Subscribers:66 xdemechanik --- "robot"...

how to fix starting point when counting rows?
is there a way to feed in the the starting cell to begin from when counting the number of rows? i can get the below to work in a macro Dim countRows countRows = Range("C9").End(xlDown).Row but when i try to turn it into a function i cant figure out how to give the starting cell as an argument tks for any help Put "C9" (without the quotes) in cell A1, for example, then you can do this: =3DCOUNT(INDIRECT(A1&":C100")) or =3DCOUNTA(INDIRECT(A1&":C100")) Is that what you mean? Hope this helps. Pete On Aug 29, 4:08=A0pm, polarcap <mem_...@...

Insert Row with a macro
When I use the following code in an Excel macro to insert a row, it does not work correctly. Instead of inserting just one row above the TOTAL EXPENSES row, rows will continue to be inserted until the worksheet runs out of rows. Could someone please help me. For Each c In [A1:A150] If c Like "TOTAL EXPENSES" Then c.Activate ActiveCell.EntireRow.Insert End If Next I have to use the "TOTAL EXPENSES" instead of the row number because this is a report I import from another program and the row number that TOTAL EXPENSES appears in varies from report to report depending ...

Not able to sort whole rows
Hi, I have a protected sheet with password say "1122" In the protection window I have checked the box of "Sort" I selected whole lines from 14 to 40 and tried the: Data|Sort and had the error message: "The cell or chart you are trying to change is protected and therefore read-only..." Any sugestion how to solve this using a macro or VBA code for a button click. I need to sort according to column F (which is hidden). Second: What code do I need to hide 2 groups of columns: DR:FQ and G:AB Unprotect, do the sort then reprotect. Sub foo() ActiveSheet.Unprot...

Insert a number of rows based on a value in a cell on active row
Insert a number of rows based on a value in a cell on active row -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hey all. I am new to macros in excel. Hoping to find help. I have worksheet, 3 columns and lets say 1000 rows. Column A is a beginnin page number of a document, column B is its ending page number, an column C is the number of pages calculated by subtracting Bx - Ay an adding 1. Example: ... 1000 1001 1 1002 1005 4 1006 1007 2 1008 1008 1 ... I'd like to have a macro which would go line-by-line and insert a appropriate number of rows in bet...

insert a row on ALL sheets
I have a spreadsheet with 12 sheets in it, one for each month of the year. Is there a way to insert a row on all 12 sheets at once or do I have to go into each sheet and insert the row one at a time? In other words, do I have to do it 12 times or is there a way to do it only once and have it affect all 12 sheets? Thanks, BW "bw" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0e7301c3a9f0$6e399ae0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > I have a spreadsheet with 12 sheets in it, one for each > month of the year. Is there a way to insert a row on all > 12 sheets at onc...

Attach Rows with Row Data
I am trying to sort by Data/Time in a Column, but if I sort by Date/Time, Just that changes, the other columns don't change with it. How can I either LOCK or ATTACH the Rpw data together so when I sort, Everything changes, not just the Date/Time? Thanks Mike Miller Hi just select the entire data range (all columns) prior to sorting your data -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Admiral_Kirk_1" <Admiral_Kirk_1@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:BAFA6FEE-04C3-4AFB-9FA6-CFF7A41224C9@microsoft.com... > I am trying to sort by Data/Time in a ...

Shuffling Rows
help!!! How do I shuffle ROWs on microsoft excel -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Could you be a bit more specific about what exactly you want to do? -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "wefva00" <wefva00.z7pty@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:wefva00.z7pty@excelforum-nospam.com... > help!!! > How do I shuffle ROWs on microsoft excel? > > > --- > Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ > ...

How do I count non blank rows only?
This seems so simple but I've spent hours without resolution. In column A, I need to count the number of rows that actually have data in them. If there is no data, I need to keep column A blank. Here's an oversimplied example of my simple list. 1 John Doe 2 Susan Smith 3 Joe Dear In column A now I have =COUNTA($B$2:B64) and that works great until you hit a row with no data. I have tried all these: =IF(G69>0,(=COUNTA($B$2:B69))," ") Also =COUNTIF($B$2:B69,">0") There's got to be an easy way that I'm missing!! HEEE...