more than 3 conditional formating in excel

Hi
I am new to conditional formating in Excel.

In row 2 I need to enter nos. between 1-5.  I want each color to have a
particular color. I have managed to do 4 (3 with conditional formating and
the 4th retaining the default color).

Is there a way i can do all 5 colors?

Thanks
0
Manan (1)

You need to use VBA.  Try this:-

Private Sub Worksheet_Calculate()
'Code must be placed in the codemodule of the actual sheet you are working
with.
Dim oCell As Range
    For Each oCell In Range("A1:A20")
        Select Case oCell.Value
             Case Is < 1
                 oCell.Interior.ColorIndex = xlNone
             Case Is = 1
                 oCell.Interior.ColorIndex = 5
             Case Is = 2
                 oCell.Interior.ColorIndex = 3
             Case Is = 3
                 oCell.Interior.ColorIndex = 6
             Case Is = 4
                 oCell.Interior.ColorIndex = 4
             Case Is = 5
                 oCell.Interior.ColorIndex = 7
             Case Is = 6
                 oCell.Interior.ColorIndex = 15
             Case Is = 7
                 oCell.Interior.ColorIndex = 40
             Case Is > 7
                 oCell.Interior.ColorIndex = xlNone
         End Select
    Next oCell
End Sub

--
Regards
              Sys Spec - Win XP Pro /  XL 97/00/02/03

"Manan" <Manan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi
> I am new to conditional formating in Excel.
>
> In row 2 I need to enter nos. between 1-5.  I want each color to have a
> particular color. I have managed to do 4 (3 with conditional formating and
> the 4th retaining the default color).
>
> Is there a way i can do all 5 colors?
>
> Thanks

0
ken.wright (2489)
2/7/2005 9:11:50 PM
Maman

How about 6 colors without using code?

JE McGimpsey points out a method of combining CF and Custom format.

http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/conditional6.html

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Mon, 7 Feb 2005 12:03:03 -0800, "Manan" <Manan@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

>Hi
>I am new to conditional formating in Excel.
>
>In row 2 I need to enter nos. between 1-5.  I want each color to have a
>particular color. I have managed to do 4 (3 with conditional formating and
>the 4th retaining the default color).
>
>Is there a way i can do all 5 colors?
>
>Thanks

0
Gord

How do I create a sample in Excel?

[ANN] Office 11.3.8 update

conversion #3
I am trying to upgrade from Outlook 2000 to Outlook 2003 on a new computer. When I attempt to export the data in my email files (inbox, sent,etc.)I do not have the "received" information exported - when mapping the fields I am unable to map several of the email fields; therefore, they are not exported. I have been unable to find the normal email fields to use in my mapping. How do I map normal email fields in an export operation? If I do not export this information my new computer has no idea when I received my old emails/ In the old days, the easiest way to keep all da...

BackUp #3
how i can take backup of all my company emailboxes and addresses? ...

Date display in Excel

Excel and some disappeared sheets

Excel 97 Win XP calc problem?

formatting auto replies
Does anyone know of a method that allows outlook 2k2 to format automatic replies regardless of the format of the original message? I setup this automatic response rule that replies with a template, but problem is, when replying to http clients (hotmail or yahoo), the message at the receiver's end has words totally misplaced, all over the page. Any suggestions would be appreciated. ...

Paragraph formating jumps to defaults.
Hi, We are using Office/Outlook 2007 We have an email signature script that is run when users login, it´s working ok except for two things; If the default paragraph settings in Word 2007 for a user matches those in the signature script, the signature will use the "Base defaults" of Word 2007, that is SpaceAfter = 10 and LineSpacing = "Multiple" with a value of 1,15. So if I change the script to use SpaceAfter=0 and the user has set his/her Word 2007 to use SpaceAfter=0, the result will be SpaceAfter=10. If the script is set to SpaceAfter=0 and the us...

Formatting a subtotal line with a macro

Where is the lasso feature in 2008? (was in formatting palette in 2004)

3 Levels in Extended Pricing
Is it possible in Extended Pricing to have 3 levels of discounts. I assume yes because the max level in price trace is 3. I set up my Base Price Book to be all my List Prices. I then set up another price book and set it to be 50% of Base (Dealer Pricing) and then I want another price book to be "10% off of Dealer" I would then assign customers to this special price sheet/book. So doing a price trace I would have: List: $100 Dealer Original $100 Percent off 50% Unit Price $50 Special Original: $50 Percent off 10% Unit Price $45 Under my "Price Sheet Detail Maintenance...

Excel 2007 PC damages Mac Excel 2008 Files

Format for credit card numbers

Varying format
Is there any way to format a cell differently depending on the number of decimal places typed in? What I need is a minimum of 2dp but 3 if the typed entry matches. eg 1.2 appears as 1.20 and 1.234 appears as typed. TIA Ian Hi! Try formatting the cell with a custom number format such as 0.00## Al -- Alf ----------------------------------------------------------------------- AlfD's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=478 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27494 "AlfD" <AlfD.1f5q6o@excelforum-nospam.c...

date function #3

Custom reports #3