Missing underline and Date

I am new to Excel and was trying to type a word then do
underline after that for a line to write on, but as soon
as I click of the cell the line disappears. Why, and can
I keep that from happening. Also I would like to be able
to add a start date and the other dates automatically
follow. Ex: If I type in April 13, 1994 for a Sunday the
next day Monday would read April 14, 1994. Is this
possible and how is it done in terms a newbie would
understand.
0
Schauenb (2)

Don't understand the first part of your question, and the second part is
none to clear also.
But, as far as dates incrementing:
Enter a date in A1
In A2 enter this formula,
=A1+1
Click in A2, and place the cursor over the small black square in the lower
right corner of the cell (fill handle), and when it turns into a skinny
black cross, click and drag down to copy the formula for maybe ten rows.
When you release the mouse, you'll see a column of dates which increase by a
day.
Now click in A1, and change the date.
You'll see the entire column of dates change to follow the new date.

Is this the information that you're looking for?

--
HTH,

RD

"SLS" <Schauenb@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> I am new to Excel and was trying to type a word then do
> underline after that for a line to write on, but as soon
> as I click of the cell the line disappears. Why, and can
> I keep that from happening. Also I would like to be able
> to add a start date and the other dates automatically
> follow. Ex: If I type in April 13, 1994 for a Sunday the
> next day Monday would read April 14, 1994. Is this
> possible and how is it done in terms a newbie would
> understand.

0
ragdyer1 (4060)
5/31/2004 2:56:50 AM
 I mean if I type a line, EX: Sign Here__________________
in a cell when I click on another cell it looks like
this, Sign Here               with no line.

------------------
>Please keep all correspondence within the NewsGroup, so
all may benefit !
------------------

>"SLS" <Schauenb@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> I am new to Excel and was trying to type a word then do
>> underline after that for a line to write on, but as
soon
>> as I click of the cell the line disappears. Why, and
can
>> I keep that from happening. Also I would like to be
able
>> to add a start date and the other dates automatically
>> follow. Ex: If I type in April 13, 1994 for a Sunday
the
>> next day Monday would read April 14, 1994. Is this
>> possible and how is it done in terms a newbie would
>> understand.
>
>.

0
Schauenb (2)
5/31/2004 6:57:47 AM
Hi
you probably just don't see the line as it's hidden by the border line.
why not use 'Format - Cells ' Border' for this?

For your second question simply use
=A1+1
and format this cell as date

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

SLS wrote:
> I am new to Excel and was trying to type a word then do
> underline after that for a line to write on, but as soon
> as I click of the cell the line disappears. Why, and can
> I keep that from happening. Also I would like to be able
> to add a start date and the other dates automatically
> follow. Ex: If I type in April 13, 1994 for a Sunday the
> next day Monday would read April 14, 1994. Is this
> possible and how is it done in terms a newbie would
> understand.

0
frank.kabel (11126)
5/31/2004 10:41:25 AM
When designing forms, and the underline is needed, for dates or signatures,
it's usually best to use the *next* cell.
Try to adjust your form so that you can place the underline in the following
cell, and then choose from <Format> <Cells> <Borders> a "heavy" line that's
easily discernable.
--
HTH,

RD

"schauenb@yahoo.com" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I mean if I type a line, EX: Sign Here__________________
> in a cell when I click on another cell it looks like
> this, Sign Here               with no line.

0
ragdyer1 (4060)

how to do date 15/06/04 plus 5 months?
hi what formula should i use if i want to work out the date of say the 15/6/04 plus 5 months from now?? thanks : -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com the only way i know is to type this formula into the cell: =DATE(YEAR(A1),MONTH(A1)+6,DAY(A1)) the cell "A1" (or any cell) will be the cell that the original date will be in. just add in the 6 after the MONTH (A1) to get your new date hope that helps >-----Original Message----- >hi what formula should i use if i want to work out the date of say > >the 15/6/04 plus 5 months from now?? ...

a status like "checking" to change to date format when completed
I am creating a DB that is for Tracking engineering drawings. I want to have a status field that has the following 1. not started 2. in process 3. in checking 4 complete / Date completed Is it possible to have the complete status change to a date somehow? I want to avoid having two fields, a status field and a complete field I would suggest that you may want to change that to have four date fields. DateReceived DateStarted DateReviewStarted DateComplete That way you can easily check its status in the process and get a complete timeline. but to answer your speci...

Date format #21
I can't see how to format the date in the UK manner, i.e. 6/12/09, rather than in the US manner 12/6/09. Can anyone help? Excel 2000. Rob Graham Select the range to format Format|Cells|Number tab Choose date and look to see if the day, month year is in the order you like. If it is, you can use that. If it's not, choose Custom and type: dd/mm/yyyy (or what you like) If the values don't change, then your dates aren't really dates. They're plain old text that look like dates. Select your range (one column at a time) data|text to columns Fixed width remove any lines t...

automatically format dates in a cell
Hi All, when I type a date into a cell, it automatically converts it to a date-time variable and formats it according to the system parameters. Is there any way I can turn this off? I don't want my date as a date time variable, nor do I want it to format to what the system format is. thanks stephan I'm not sure what a "date time variable" is, but if you want an XL date, but in the format you specify, preformat the cells with that format. If you don't want the date converted to an XL date at all, then preformat the cells as Text. They will then be left in whatev...

CSVDE Dates in Excel
How do I convert the Active Directory formatted dates exported by CSVDE when viewing in Excel to a readable format? http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&threadm=%23msiz%23Z8DHA.3804%40tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl&rnum=1&prev=/groups%3Fhl%3Den%26lr%3D%26q%3Dldifde%2B%2522date%2Bformat%2522%26btnG%3DSearch You may have some luck with the dsquery tools by sending the output to a text file. I haven't checked to see if it converts for you or not though. Al "D-a-n_L" <djlajoie@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:%23Wxhlm6uEHA.2192@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... >...

Sales Report filtered by time, Z Report filtered by date
Does anyone have any Z summary reports that can be filtered by day, week, etc Also does anyone have a sales summary report that can be filtered by date and time. (Our liquor store is open untill 1 AM and I can't get the broken out sales over the "two day" period once sales has started on the next day? Thank you so much in advance. There is a combined Z report on the Jean Holland web site (I believe) that does exactly what you want it to do. In regards to (sales) reports by date and time: I asked the same question a week or so ago in this NG but didn't get any soluti...

How do I hold email in Exchange Queue to be sent at specific time/date?
Our company is in the process of creating a weekly email newsletter/reminder to be sent out to subscribing customers. I'm using an account on our Exchange 2003 SP2 server to relay emails from our website to the customer. I want to be able to queue up and hold the emails for this account to be sent at a specific time, say Monday mornings at 8am, but I don't want to interfere with the normal operation of the rest of the organization's incoming/outgoing email. How do I go about doing this? I've looked at the SMTP Connectors and it appears as if this is possible, but I do...

Out of Office Assistant Missing #2
My "Out of Office assistant" is missing from the Tools bar and I cannot figure out how to set up an away message with out this. The Outlook Help indicates that I need the assistant to set up an away message. Does anyone know how to fix this? Thank you! Are you connecting to an Exchange Server as this is a pre-requisite, if not you can emulate it to a degree using the Rules Wizard. What version of Exchange! "Andriana" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:46ad01c4892e$556f3970$a301280a@phx.gbl... > My "Out of Office assistant"...

Outlook 2002 missing replys from e-mai
I have a user on Windows 2000 SP4 with Outlook 2002. She has an issue where people will reply to an e-mail she sent to them but she does not see the reply, she can only see the origional e-mail she sent. If she goes online to our IMAP server which outlook uses to view the mail as well, she can see the reply. It seems to be an issue with Outlook not viewing the IMAP mail properly. Strangely this does not happen all the time, only on random e-mails. Any thoughts? ...

Sorting dates, ignoring year
I have a speadsheet of birthdays which I would like to change to be birthdates. At the moment, everyone's birthdays are specified on one column in the format dd/mm/2002 so that I can sort the worksheet to keep the dtaes in order throughout the year. Is there an easy way to sort a column of dates but ignore the year? Or do I need to split the dates into multiple columns? -- Ian -- You could split the dates into separate columns: =month(a1) =day(a1) and =year(a1) (you wouldn't use the year column) But I'd insert a helper column with formulas like: ...

Can't print and the chart is missing in a new sheet
Here's my problem: I bought my laptop which came with Vista Home and with Office 2007 60 days-trial version. I installed Acrobat Pro and updated to the version 8.0. The Acrobat buttons in the Office applications never worked, so I created my PDFs printing with the "Acrobat PDF Converter" printer. Everything worked fine until November when the Office trial period expired. I started working with OpenOffice without problems (by the way, the Acrobat buttons in OpenOffice did work). Three months later I get sick of OpenOffice and I bought the Office 2007 license. I entered the...

Finding the difference in days between two dates?
Hi, I was wondering if anyone could let me know how I can find the difference in days between two date fields, would appreciate the help. Thanks Damon Damon; Just try this. Enter two dates ( 01/08/2003 and 21/08/2003 ) In another cell subtract the two dates, but format that cell as "General". If all is well, just must find a 20 in that cell. Or is it too simple and not what you want ? Mark Rosenkrantz. More Excel ? www.rosenkrantz.nl or info@rosenkrantz.nl ----------------------------------------------------------------- "Damon" <damon@nospam.co.uk...

Missing account from Global Address list
I created a couple of accounts today and everything was fine, Until HR told me to delete them, then 2 hours later I was instructed to re-add the accounts. After I added the accounts I noticed that they do not show up in the global address list. Also This happend one other time and that user is not in the global address list either. I have search online and found nothing so I figured maybe someone here could help.. Thanks a million On Tue, 9 Aug 2005 16:15:01 -0700, "Dave" <Dave@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I created a couple of accounts today and everything was...

Missing Graph Functionality
In Office 2003, I used to be able to select the following when formating a data series in a graph: fill effects | shadows This would basically give me shadows on the left/rigt sides, etc. This does not appear to be available in Office 2007. Can I still make this selection? Hi, Are you sure about that selection in 2003. For a column chart the option of a Shadow is available on the Patterns tab. The Fill Effects button displays a dialog with Gradient, Texture, Pattern and Picture. But these are all fill effects and not shadows. Any way in xl2007 you would select the series and then usi...

Excel sheet is missing in application
Hi I am not able to open my excel sheet by doubleclicking on it. The excel sheet is missing from the excel application (leaves a gaping hole in the center) with only the menu bar visible. But am able to do the same by running a instance first (from RUN) and then opening it from there. Any way out? Dey Are you sure it's not opening? Maybe it's just off the screen. Try clicking on Window on the toolbar. Do you see your workbook name at the bottom of the list? If yes, try Window|Arrange|Tiled and then resize by hand (and then save it). If it's not really there, do you get...

Dynamic Date Ranges
One one sheet I have a time series of data sorted by month. How do I go about (on a different sheet) using some sort of dropdown box (either through data validation or a combo box), so that the user can select a beginning date and end date, and the spreadsheet will display only the information in that time period. The number of columns would have to dynamically adjust I believe. Thanks! -- jc94321 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ jc94321's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=27258 View this thread: http://ww...

Date sorting problem
Using Excel 2002 - we have huge list of dates that often have no DAY, or that only have a year. We have to sort them and don't know how. Such as: 12/31/02 12/00/02 2002 Thank you, Ardell You need to make some simple assumptions. For example, if there is no day, then assume the day=1. If there is no month and no day, then assume 1 jan. Then re-format the data. Then sort in the usual fashion -- Gary's Student "Ardell" wrote: > Using Excel 2002 - we have huge list of dates that often have no DAY, or > that only have a year. We have to sort them and don'...

Difference in years and months between 2 dates
Hi, Does anyone know how I can get the number of years and months between 2 dates? (Using Office 2000) Thanx Subtract one from the other "Els" <Els@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E54C0D76-1313-40EF-922C-FCB0780AD992@microsoft.com... : Hi, : : Does anyone know how I can get the number of years and months between 2 : dates? (Using Office 2000) : : Thanx Hi see http://www.cpearson.com/excel/datedif.htm >-----Original Message----- >Hi, > >Does anyone know how I can get the number of years and months between 2 >dates? (Using Office 200...

Creating Labels, Missing Column
I'm trying to create address labels. In my file I have the columns for "Street Address", "City", "State", "Zip Code" and "Country". The street address does not show up in the window to select what info I want on the label. Anyone know how to fix this??? Hi In your table you "may" have IDfield, 1stName, 2ndName, Street Address, City, State, Zip Code and Country. Create a query based on the table. Bring all the fields in the query and create a calculted culumn with something like Capital: Left([1stName],1) Create a new re...

Excel File in Use Notification Missing??
We are using Windows Server 2000 & several versions of Excel (2000 / XP / 2003). When opening Excel files from the network, SOME users get the Notification that the File is In Use - locked for editing by <user> - with a choice to Open as Read-Only, Notify when avail, or Cancel. The pblm is that NOT EVERYBODY gets this msg - some simply have the file open up with the word (Sharing) in the Title Bar!! When you've got a deskful of work to input you're not always looking at the Title Bar to see if the file is Shared or not. I first thought this was caused by diff vers o...

auto date
Can someone tell me how to turn off the auto date part of excel? I need to insert different dates but everytime I try to input a date such as 6/02, 06/02, June 02, it always changes it to 6-05, 06-05, June-05. Any time I try any year after 2000 it does this. Thanks Luke ----== Posted via Newsfeeds.Com - Unlimited-Uncensored-Secure Usenet News==---- http://www.newsfeeds.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! 120,000+ Newsgroups ----= East and West-Coast Server Farms - Total Privacy via Encryption =---- Hi Luke, You indicate what you entered not what it is supposed to mean, we don...

Chart MEnu Bar Missing
Occasionally my Excel worksheets will no thave the Chart Menu Bar attached to them but will have them on different worksheets. The Chart Menu Bar is the one with File, Edit View, etc. Is there a reason it is missing and if so how do I return it? Thanks, Ryan You probably havent selected the chart toolbar. If it isnt selected it will only appear when you open a sheet that has a chart on it. But then it will not reappear when you close the sheet and restart Excel. Just open excel, select view\toolbars\chart from the menu and then restart Excel. Should work. Jamie, we are not talkin...

ALOT of fonts are missing from my newly installed Office XP!
I recently installed office xp and after starting up a few documents I was horrified to realise that I had hardly ANY fonts!!! I knew that Publisher would usually give out the most amount of fonts but even this had a very small number of fonts. I know that these programs are supposed to come with a lot more so what can I do to fix it?!!! Is there somewhere specific I can go instead of searching all those sites to find out where to get this and similar fonts or what? Please help!!! Alessandro wrote: > I recently installed office xp and after starting up a few documents I was > ho...

printing the saved date/time
is the a field code or something to print the save date in a footer i.e there is a field code for the current date in excel &[date], but i would like it to be the last date it was saved thanks in advance!!! You need VBA to do this If you copy this in the ThisWorkbook module it will print the Last Save Time in the RightFooter of every sheet you print Private Sub Workbook_BeforePrint(Cancel As Boolean) Dim wkSht As Worksheet For Each wkSht In ThisWorkbook.Worksheets wkSht.PageSetup.RightFooter = "&8Last Saved : " & _ ActiveWorkbook.BuiltinDoc...

how do I specify a date range = date(2010,4,1 thru 30)
I am trying to use a header in a formula. In A1 I have the month and year (April 2010). I want to bring in a calculation result from a second page (Daily Log) So I want to know how many guest in the month of April visited. But it has to look up April from the year list. I guess this is what I am trying to accomplish Lookup (A1) April (1-30) 2010 from April Stats sheet on Daily log sheet (A column) add guests logged in (D Column) and result to April Stats B5 I record numbers daily and want to have the totals from one page brought to another page, but need the data to be found...