Missing Options Menu

In Excel 97, when I select Tools -> Options, the Options
menu does not appear. I have tried reinstalling with no change.
0
anonymous (74722)

Hello Andy
Close Excel
Do a search for EXCEL.XLB files on your machine and rename the most recent
XLB found with a different extension (eg .OLD)
Open Excel
Please note that filename may vary according to your operating system.

HTh
Cordially
Pascal

"Andy Power" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> a �crit dans le message
de news:074601c49591$4e98a680$3501280a@phx.gbl...
> In Excel 97, when I select Tools -> Options, the Options
> menu does not appear. I have tried reinstalling with no change.

0
papou
9/8/2004 11:07:17 AM
You may want to try this first:

Tools|Customize|toolbars tab
select Worksheet Menu Bar
and click Reset

--

Dave Peterson
ec35720@msn.com

How do I locate the send on the menu bar?
I am using Microsoft 2000, and the send, to expedite my email message does not show on the menu bar. Any suggestions on how I may locate it. "Newlearner" <Newlearner@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A80EFCD9-3BCA-4BD2-AD47-A1699A9C2164@microsoft.com... >I am using Microsoft 2000, and the send, to expedite my email message does > not show on the menu bar. Any suggestions on how I may locate it. It's already in the File menu. For the Database toolbar: With any database window open, right-click on the toolbar, and choose Customize. Select File in th...

Excel cells should take number format and/or optional text eg Dec.
I usually pre-set number formats and other limitations on forms to ensure that I get the information that I need. Often, however, the date is vague and requires text, e.g., Nov 2005 instead of 11/1/05, which is Excel's default if you type in "Nov 2005." I can alleviate the issue on my own work, but my forms need to remain locked when being used by others. My suggestion is that an option be offered so a cell could take either/or text or number in the case of dates. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the ...

Outlook Express BCC options
Is there anyway to set Outlook Express to send email to multiple addresses ONLY BCC? I want to completly eliminate the option to CC. Thank you in advance! Christine ...

Menu Bar will NOT disable
Hi all, I am trying to disable the menu bar at runtime/startup. I have researched this site and used the solutions presented such as, application.commandBars ("menu bar").enabled = False (tried = 0, too!) and code options. Placed the code in the form_Open and form_load events. I haven't had any success? I have unchecked all setting in the Tools --> Startup and the Tools --> Options that deal with toolbars and shortcut menus, this was not successful, too. I am at a loss. Can anyone direct me what to do next? This site is VERY helpful I use it as a reference all t...

Publisher 2003 printing missing
At my school my students are creating newsletters. On random lines...on each student's printout...there are partial lines printed. Some titles don't print. Students have tried changing the size of the font, the font itself, the size of the text boxes, etc. We are always missing partial lines. It is a different place on each paper and it happens on different printers. Any suggestions? Barbmc wrote: > At my school my students are creating newsletters. On random lines...on each > student's printout...there are partial lines printed. Some titles don't > p...

NEW MENU
Hi, In Excel 2003, one could to create a new menu and then choose commands for such new menu. I used to create a list of files to open (different from the "most recent" list). How does one do it in Excel 2007? Thanks. "CF" <CF@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6AF8A7BC-5013-4BEC-B13A-3B7B8F4E4220@microsoft.com... > Hi, > In Excel 2003, one could to create a new menu and then choose commands for > such new menu. I used to create a list of files to open (different from > the > "most recent" list). > &g...

Option to select printer B4 printing Payables Checks
Client recently upgraded from 7.5 to 9.0 and they lost the option to select a printer after clicking print. From print payables checks In 7.5 when they would click on print, a window would pop up and give them the option to select a printer to send their checks to. Now it automatically goes to their defaulted printer. How do they set up the option in 9.0? Go to the Named Printers settings, and look at the checkbox to suppress the printer dialog box. This should solve your problem Best regards Mike "TROOTBMI" <TROOTBMI@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:...

2003: Copy R-Click Option Missing!
In outlook 2003 when i right-click on an email message, only the move command/option is there (amongst others), but the copy command is missing? the only way I can copy is to drag the message to a folder with the right mouse button depressed and then the copy option shows up. Why is the copy option missing when I right click on an email message? thank you ...

Protection Options, Do I need them all?
I have choices of All Shares/All Volumes/Hyper-V and System Protection If I use System Protection (Bare Metal/System State) do I need to backup the volume and shares? Yes, BMR is for the operating system only. It doesn't back up any user data. System State is the associated registry/Active Directory data. Daniel "TechAnalyst" wrote: > I have choices of All Shares/All Volumes/Hyper-V and System Protection > > If I use System Protection (Bare Metal/System State) do I need to backup the > volume and shares? is it better to use native ntbackup tha...

MS Outlook will not start
Unable to display the folder. Microsoft Outlook could not access the specified folder location. The .DLL file for the information service could not be found. MAPI was unable to load the information service PSTPRX.DLL. Be sure the service is correctly installed and configured. Recreate your mailprofile in Control Panel-> Mail-> button Show Profiles... -- Roady [MVP] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Creating Signatures -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3 ----- "Damian ten Bohmer" <damiantenbohmer@iprimus.com.au> wrote in message news:...

The window menu
Can't ms follow their own gui conventions? When I hit alt-w + 1 I want to see the first opened spreadsheet, alt-w + 2 the 2nd, etc.... alt-w+1 opening the 2nd one. How the heck do I do this? I use excel 2000, though they all have this problem. Where does that work? You can tab through the spreadsheets with Ctrl-PageUp and Ctrl-PageDown -- HTH Bob (there's no email, no snail mail, but somewhere should be gmail in my addy) "Justin-SEO" <justgold79@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1179987212.892387.67650@h2g2000hsg.googlegroups.com... > Can't ms follow...

Menu in Word behaving oddly; items (like the entire contents of the Tools menu) disappearing...
Hey, I'd be oh-so-grateful if anyone has any idea how I could address this problem. I'm quite mystified. I'm running MS Word for X on my Mac (OS 10.4.3), and lately some odd things have begun happening. At first I was just working around them, but I've decided live my computer life too much that way (ignoring problems and hoping they go away), so thought I should look into this before it gets out of control. Items have been disappearing from the Word menu bar. That is, for instance, after I had used the "Symbols" option under the "Insert" menu one day, it di...

Customization option disappears under settings
Sometimes when we are logged onto Web crm we can see the customizations button on the navigation pane under settings. Other times it has disappeared altogether and the only way to get it back is to delete the temporary internet files. Does anyone know of a permanent solution for this? I assume this is CRM4. Do you also have CRM Outlook client on this machine? I have found that the Customisations option is not always avaliable in the outlook client, and if you have opened outlook before opening the web, the option will not be in the web client. You can change this my editing the isv.c...

Office XP icons missing on Windows 7 Pro x64
I installed Office XP on a PC running Windows 7 Pro x64. The icons for the various office programs exist, but are blank. When I look at the shortcuts, it doesn't allow me to choose the location of the icon - it's greyed out. I've run windws explorer elevated, but I still can't change the icon location. If I navigate to the Winword.exe location, it has an icon. If I create a new shortcut, that new shortcut also doesn't have an icon. If I try pinning one to the start menu or taskbar, I get the same problem. I also have Outlook 2007 installed, but the icon for thi...

Problem with modal dlg and popup menu
Hi! Here's a pickle for you MFC gurus (VC6): If I show a modal dialog while I'm selecting something from a popup menu, the mouse gets all confused. I can't do anything (mouse-wise) with the dialog. It's like the mouse still focuses on the window that displayed the popup. Keyboard interaction works, ie pressing <Esc> will invoke the dlg's OnCancel(). Is there any way to have the dlg behave correctly in this situation? A code snippet that would reproduce the behavior (snippet from a plain autogenerated SDI app): //-------------------- void CTestPopupView::OnContex...

Windows CE R3 installation
Hi I post here yet another question about the WindowsCE 6.0 R3 instalation. I encountered the fact, that a library is updated during the R3 installation, but the corresponding source file not. I then had a look at the installer file and saw that there the source code file is missing. Well the library i am talking about is the bthci.lib and the (only one) source code file is \PRIVATE\WINCEOS\COMM\BLUETOOTH\HCI\BASE\hci.cxx Does anybody know about this inconsistency? ...

Options okn Tools Menu
I have a user who is using Excel 97. When he goes to the menu bar and selects Tools then Options, the Options chioce is there but when you clck on it it does nothing. Has anyone had this issue before and if so how can I get his Options functionality back? Excel and Office has been uninstalled and reinstalled several times. Maybe this is it: XL97: Page Fault or Violation When You Click Options on the Tools Menu http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;108032 sounds like it describes your Tools|Options problem (it says it was corrected in xl97 SR2). Ron Davidson wrote:...

Missing engineering functions
In an earlier version of Excel, I had "engineering functions" like =dec2hex and =hex2dec. Not, in Excel 2003, I see them in the "help files' but not in my list of available formulas. How do I get them to work in Excel 2003? Thanks in advance, Geoff Waters Glendale, CA Geoff, I don't have Excel 2003, but you should be able to go to Tools | Add-ins and check mark "Analysis Took Pak" in the list that appears. Regards, Jim Cone San Francisco, CA "Geoff" <grw888@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:zwfIc.299$Qu5.238@newsread2.news.pas.earthli...

e-mail Print Style options not available
One of our users here can only get the "Print Style" options (Memo Style, etc.) to appear when she selects a message in her inbox and then goes to File > Print. If she opens the message first and then goes to File > Print, then only a standard printer settings dialogue pops up - no "Print Style" options appear at all. I checked a few other users' installations, and everyone else seems to get the Print Style options no matter where they choose to print from. Any ideas on how to get the Print Style options to appear from within a message window? This user customaril...

Request for Microsoft reply: Default start page feature missing??
When you go Tools > Options > General Tab, there is no section to change the defual start page. When using the help function within the box "Set Personal Options Form" the very first help topic is "Set start page and view options" this clearly talks about a Default Pane. I was first alerted to the supposed availability of this feature in the book "Working with Microsoft Dynamics CRM 3.0 by Mike Snyder Page 193. Does anyone else get this section in the General tab? Is it a bug in my installation? Did Microsoft leave it out? ---------------- This po...

Adding a menu
Hello, How do I add a new menu (not a sub-menu) to the menu bar using a macro in Excel 97? Thank you. Eric. Try this http://www.erlandsendata.no/english/index.php?d=envbacbmenuxl97 "Eric" <eric@mail.com> wrote in message news:uGVq7is3DHA.1760@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Hello, > > How do I add a new menu (not a sub-menu) to the menu bar using a macro in > Excel 97? > > Thank you. > > Eric. > > Thank you. Eric. "Township of East Hanover" <someone@somewhere.com> wrote in message news:ofCdnczcvKAtppHdRVn-jw@garden.net... &...

"Save As" Missing in File Menu
When I go to my File menu, the "save as" option isn't there. It was there until recently. Any ideas? -z Matt, It would appear that the File menu has had that item deleted. To reset it, use menu View>Toolbars>Customize Select Worksheet Menu Bar at the bottom click Reset. -- HTH Bob Phillips ... looking out across Poole Harbour to the Purbecks (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Matt Harvey" <zero@somethingsowrong.com> wrote in message news:3FC3B66A.70103@somethingsowrong.com... > When I go to my File menu, the "...

add contacts to email addressbook, when option greyed out?
if i goto contacts/properties/outlook address book , the option to "show this folder as an address book is greyed out. i cannot use the conternts folder or any othe folder i have created as a adress boook it always remains greyed out. any ideas please? Create a new mail profile - you have given precious little information on your setup but I would bet dollars to donuts that you attempted to transfer your data using Windows Easy Transfer. That never works for OUtlook data without creating a corrupt profile. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep ...

STDOLE2.TLB missing
I installed Project 2010 for testing and after that, I can no longer in Project 2007, select Tools, Options, click on the Security tab the Macro Security. I get "The file "STDOLE2.TLB" cannot be found or contains a Visual Basic for Applications library that is not valid." Any help, THanks in advance Have you tried repairing your 2007 installation? - Andrew Lavinsky Blog: http://blogs.catapultsystems.com/epm > I installed Project 2010 for testing and after that, I can no longer > in Project 2007, select Tools, Options, click on the Security tab ...

New Equity/Index Option
I've been using Money for a number of years and recently upgraded to 2004 Deluxe. I found that Money now has Equity/Index options. What's the easiest way to convert all my old options (which are treated like stocks by Money), also recognizing that the quantity field for every transaction must be divided by 100? In microsoft.public.money, Jerry wrote: >I've been using Money for a number of years and recently >upgraded to 2004 Deluxe. I found that Money now has >Equity/Index options. What's the easiest way to convert >all my old options (which are treated li...