Missing Edit|Links Dialog Box

Hi,

For some reason, I can no longer access Links dialog via
Edit menu.  "Links..." no longer appears in menu.  How do
I get it back?  Thanks!
0
jhs914 (1)

correct email: jhsu914@cox.net

0
jhsu914 (1)
9/26/2003 7:18:05 AM
First attempt:
Tools|Customize (just to have that dialog open)
click on Edit
rightclick on Links
choose reset.
close up that dialog and try it out.

Second attempt:
Tools|Customize|Toolbars Tab|Select worksheet menu bar and click reset
close up that dialog and try it out.

Third attempt:
close excel
Windows Start Button|Find files
Look for *.xlb (where excel stores customized toolbars)
rename all you find to *.xlbOLD.

restart excel and try it out.

If it worked, then dump those *.xlbold files.

If you use the second attempt, then you'll have to reset any customizing you've
done to the worksheet menubar.

If you used the third vers, then you'll have to recreate any customized toolbar
changes you've made, though.

--

Dave Peterson
ec35720@msn.com

How do i link tables together?
I've created a database for clients and jobs. I have one table for Client. I have drop down menus listing the jobs. Is there a way to have another table just for jobs so if i need to add another job it updates the drop down menu's in everything and i just have to create the reports? At the moment if i have to add another job in, i have to redesign everything - tables, forms - which can be a bit time consuming. thanks When you set up the jobs field in the clients table did you tell it to look up fields in another table (jobs table) ? Mæl. "sea_minerals@yahoo.com"...

missing data after upgrade
I am using Windows XP. I upgraded from Office 2000 to Office 2003 and my e-mails in Outlook have gone missing. I searched my hard disk for *.pst files (including hidden files) but only one showed up which seems to be the new (empty) one. How do I get back my old e-mails? What size is the pst? "KOC" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5e7101c49265$02fb1ca0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I am using Windows XP. I upgraded from Office 2000 to > Office 2003 and my e-mails in Outlook have gone missing. > > I searched my hard disk for *.pst files (i...

Purchases Order Entry Status Edit
Working in Microsoft Dynamics GP 9.0 Tools>>Utilities>>Purchasing>>Reconcile Process I get the messages: You can’t complete this process while transactions are being edited. I’m tried to reconcile because any time access Purchases Order Entry I get the message: Purchase Order Processing setup information is missing. Also access Batch Inquiry Inquiry>>System>>Batch show me the Purch. Order Entry Status Edit, but I don’t know how delete or change the status. Any ideas? Hi There, It sounds like you have a batch with an error in it. To fix this you need to g...

Passing multiple strings from a text box to a select query
Hello, First, let me thank everyone who has contributed to these forums, you have all helped me create a great database! Currently I'm at a standstill though. I've searched the forums and tried to adapt the information provided in the post "Use wildcard in combo box with multiple strings" however my query turns up empty. I'm trying to find a way to pass multiple strings from a textbox (txtPartName) on my main form (frmCodeSearch) to my select query. The query results are then displayed in a sub form. I'm able to enter a single string that is either a full...

Remove link fr a column of entries
I know how to remove a link from a single cell. Right click, hyperlink, remove hyperlink. I have a column of cells and it is very cumbersome to remove cell by cell. Is there any way to remove all cells in one action.? TIA, Rasoul Khoshravan Hi see: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/buildtoc.htm in the middle of this page -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Rasoul Khoshravan Azar" <rasoulazar@hotmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:u%23%23U23E5EHA.3708@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... >I know how to remove a link from a single cell. Right click, hyperlink, > remove ...

Missing servers folder in exchange 2003 system manager
Would anyone perchance know why I no longer have a server folder under my organization? I can't for the life of me figure out what I did to make it disappear, but I'd really like it back. Thanks, -- Jordan Mills Did you change the view? Organization properties, then see if "Display Routing Groups" and "Display Administrative Groups" are checked. They aren't by default. -- Ben Winzenz Exchange MVP MessageOne "Jordan Mills" <usenet@spam.me.later.jordanmills.net> wrote in message news:%23V%23%236f1tFHA.3932@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl......

Getting Parameter box
Its Not picking up they value inside the 1stReportFilter, keeps referring to Sales Report Table "Alan" wrote: > Have this code > > Sub PrintReports(ReportView As AcView) > ' This procedure used in Preview_Click and Print_Click Sub procedures. > ' Preview or print report selected in the ReportToPrint option group. > ' Then close the Print Sales Reports Dialog form. > Dim strReportName As String > Dim strReportFilter As String > Dim lOrderCount As Long > > ' Determine report filtering >...

Junk Email Notification Dialog Box
I would just like to know if there is a way to bring back the dialog box that comes up everytime items downloaded are moved to the Junk Email folder in Outlook 2003. I had this working since the installation however today I was typing an email at the same time as the notification dialog box came up and I believe that a space + enter sequence while I was typing checked off the box to not show this dialog box again. Thanks, William ...

Crystal Report Icon missing in VB net Studio
Howdy I have VB .Net Studio. Once the project is open, I am trying to select Project|Add New Item, in order to display the Crystal report template but the icon is not there. What am I missing? L. Colto Analys you need to repost to a visual studio newsgroup "LColton" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8115D3BF-501D-4CCE-9CC0-59A234CFF73C@microsoft.com... > Howdy- > > I have VB .Net Studio. Once the project is open, I am trying to select Project|Add New Item, in order to display the Crystal report template but the icon is not there. > Wh...

missing inbox/folders
Hi. I am using Win XP home, Outlook 2002 I have recently exported my personal folder to a .PST file bacause i formatted my PC When I import it back in, it shows the 'sent items' but nothing else. I have tried the repair tool, it tells me that I have 11000 emails in 17 folders.... but where are they and how do i get them back? with thanks mrmule@gmail.com <mrmule@gmail.com> wrote: > I am using Win XP home, Outlook 2002 > I have recently exported my personal folder to a .PST file bacause i > formatted my PC > > When I import it back in, it shows the 'sent i...

Linking Table in Access with Business Contact Manager
Is it possible to link an existing table in Access with the Business Contacts in BCM by mapping the fields? ...

Newbie
Hi all For some reason this is affecting one user only - must be a client/user issue. Outlook and Exchange 2003. When the user opens a shared contact (public folder) and tries to edit the phone number entry, Outlook attempts to dial the number. How do I cancel this to allow changes please? TIA Phil ...

Spitter windows and dialog bars
Can just 1 pane in a splitter window have a dialog bar and if so how do I add the dialog bar or is there a sample somewhere? ...

OBJ box and print preview
I am displaying in a text box, another box bordered by dotted line. When previewing, any text thats in that text box is gone. What is that dotted-line OBJ box and how to get rid of it? Tried using the F1 help but to no avail and my book does not discuss it at all. (Using Delete Object clears whatever else is on the page) Any suggestion welcomed. Thanks, Jim When your cursor hovers above the box edge, does a description call-out appear? Can you send me the file so I can understand what you are trying to do? mary-sauer at columbus.rr.com -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Jim K....

unable to open web link
I am unable to open a website link from the body of an email !!!!! Please help !! If i get an email with a link to a website and click on it, it doesnt automatically open in my browser . Thanks for the help Xplorer <info@mdrsolutions.co.za> wrote: > I am unable to open a website link from the body of an email !!!!! > Please help !! > > If i get an email with a link to a website and click on it, it doesnt > automatically open in my browser . Assuming IE is your browser, in IE click Tools>Internet Options>Programs>Reset Web Settings. -- Brian Tillman ...

Managing unit linked insurance plan
I am from India and i use Money 2004 (US Edition). In India we have a type of insurance policies called Unit Linked Insurance Plan (ULIP) where the money is invested in equity, money market, debt instruments etc. Read more about it here: http://www.personalfn.com/detail.asp?date=5/18/2005&story=5. To manage this in MS Money, I see i can use Lifetime Planner > Life Insurance and can create an insurance of type Cash Value Life. In my policy 100% of the value will be contributed to accumulation account. This is a 18 year policy after which it matures. But MS money shows Cash Value,...

Missing global address list entry
The setup: Windows 2000 server, service pack 4 Exchange 2000, service pack 3 Outlook 2003 I added a new user to my domain today, and created a mailbox for her. She can send and receive email with no problem, but her name does not appear in the GLOBAL ADDRESS LIST ... just the ALL USERS list. I've checked thoroughly through the knowledge base, and have not been able to locate a reason for this, or a solution. If I access the "Exchange Advanced" tab in Active Directory for this user, the "Hide from Exchange address lists" box is unchecked. If I load ADSI Edit...

Edit mode in RTF items by default?
I've noticed that (in Outlook 2000) rich-text items (mails and posts) are in edit mode by default when opened (whereas plain-text and HTML items are not, and you have to go to Edit menu to switch them to edit mode). Is this a bug or a feature? What's so special about RTF? That's just the way the RTF editor works.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.htm and Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/j...

Successful Tick Box
Hi Again, Simple Question Ive created a query and i have a tick box called "Successful" located in a tabel called projects. what i want to be able to do is on a dialog form, is when the tick box is ticked it also shows the Successful projects,between the two dates i searched between, of course some one has to assign a tick the project. but if i leave the tick out on the dialog, it just show me all the projects between the date and not show the Successful projects at moment i've only got to work by just showing only Successful projects or non Successful projects. how do i g...

Linking SOP30200 with PM30200
How do I link in SQL SOP30200 sales invoice history information with PM30200 purchase order history information? I cannot find columns to link on and I suppose another table will be necessary to find voucher numbers and/or doc number...? Thank you! Is SOP60100 what you're looking for? This is where the links between SOP documents and POP documents are stored. -- Victoria Yudin Microsoft MVP - Great Plains "richxyz" <richxyz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:94C78894-A957-41E5-A429-7188D4A38FEE@microsoft.com... > How do I link in SQL SOP30200 s...

editing .pub files without publisher
Is there anyway to get a publisher created file to read on word or on a computer with out any office software? I was handed a publisher file that needs to be edited for a group of about 30 and only 3 of us have publisher. Some don't have any office programs at all. I need something simple so they can all add the own info to the Doc. and not many are very IT literate. You are asking the impossible. Have the three Publisher user's edit the document. The other folks can offer suggestions, even images. You don't need an Office product to share images or text, but you do need Pub...

Excel 2007 using combo Boxes
please can someone help me, In Excel 2003 i used Combo boxes which were in the forms tool bar and in format control had a cell link used for counting. I cannot find in Excel 2007 the forms tool bar or Combo boxes with the cell link, Can any one point me in the right direction of how to use combo boxes in Excel 2007 thanks > please can someone help me, In Excel 2003 i used Combo boxes which were in > the forms tool bar and in format control had a cell link used for > counting. I > cannot find in Excel 2007 the forms tool bar or Combo boxes with the cell > link, Can any one...

mail boxes per edb file and archive management questions
Hi... 1. How large can an edb file get and how many mail boxes can one hold? 2. I read somewhere that exchange can have a max of 4 edb files? 3. What are the best practises when an edb file reaches maximum size... how do you move messages in the edb file to the archive storage? /D This is dependent on the version of Exchange you are running. For example: Exch 2K3 Std Edition has a 75GB limit per edb/stm (the Exchange data store is made up of an .edb and .stm file) Exch 2K3 Ent Edition has no practical limit. How large you should allow your data store to become depends really on your ...

E-mails deleted in Outlook going to deleted email box on live.com
I recently transferred my contacts from Yahoo.com to live.com using the Trueswitch feature provided by live.com. Ever since then, anything I delete in Outlook, goes into the live.com deleted email's folder at Live.com (actually on the server). Also, a copy of any emails Outlook downloads from yahoo end up in the deleted items folder on live.com as well. This really puzzles me, and I dont know how to stop it. Can anyone help? By Outlook do you mean Outlook Express or Outlook97/98/2000+ which is part of Office? And which version? (If you don't know, in your mail progr...

OL 2003 Calendar items are missing categorization
I have a user that is using Microsoft Office 2003 with MS Exchange 2003 on a domain with Active Directory. Prior to last Friday (11/13/2009), the user was able to view all Calendar events in OL along with their corresponding categorization ("color-coded" you could say). The user came in on Friday and discovered that many of the calendar events no longer had any categorization. The events are still in tact, but they are no longer "color-coded"/categorized. It may be worth mentioning that the machine was forced to restart on Thursday evening/early Friday m...