Microsoft Query #8

I'm using Excel to query an oracle database.  When I go to Microsoft Query to
edit my query, I can't view my criteria or tables.  I click on the view menu
and am unable to select view "criteria" or "tables".  Thus, all that shows up
in the screen is the data in my query.  This has happend to me before.  Can
anybody help me?
0
ExcelGuRu (23)

I was able to answer my own question.  It seems when query is complicated
enough, you are unable to view the criteria, since you are now using SQL to
query the data.  It seems that if you click on the SQL button and scroll
down, delete the part of the query that is "too complicated", you wil then be
able to view the criteria screens as you typically view them.

"Excel GuRu" wrote:

> I'm using Excel to query an oracle database.  When I go to Microsoft Query to
> edit my query, I can't view my criteria or tables.  I click on the view menu
> and am unable to select view "criteria" or "tables".  Thus, all that shows up
> in the screen is the data in my query.  This has happend to me before.  Can
> anybody help me?
0
ExcelGuRu (23)

RPC over HTTP/S on Exchange 2003
I have been configuring my single server with exchange to use RPC over https I have followed the instructions in MS guide and another simplified guide at http://www.petri.co.il/configure_rpc_over_https_on_a_single_server.htm Server spec is: Server 2003 standard SP1, Exchange 2003 SP1, XP client SP2 with outlook 2003 sp2 The bottom line is that when testing from the WAN, the outlook client will not connect and say that the exchange server is unavailable. I have a lot of experience configuring rpc over http/s with sbs2003 but this is the first time for server 2003 standard. I have outlook ...

Summing in A Query
Hello, I have a database which fuel records are stored in. The data is stored in two tables. The first records the daily logs that operators use each time they fuel up. It stores their name, the key they used (keylock fuel system - it's ancient) the unit number of the equipment using the fuel, and the amount of fuel they took. The second table stores the month end information retrieved from the key lock print out. It keeps a running total of the amount of fuel taken with each key, and the operator using that key. We have problems making sure all of the fuel is accounted for each mon...

Query fields
Is it possible to write a criteria where the value of an empty field is "0.00"? Background: I have three queries with different customer account groups. Not every salesperson has customer accounts in every accountgroup - so, he will not shown up in that query. But he has accounts included in another query. Now, I would like to get a sum of commission earned by each salesman calculated from all three queries together. Since the salesman has no record in one query the total sum of that specific salesman is not shown. Any idea how to solve that problem? Thanks Klaus On Wed, 29 A...

Finding all queries which use a table

Query to hide duplicate records
I recall that this used to easy in previous versions (Unique values only ??), but in 2007, I can't get this to work at all. I have a table with our companie's job numbers in it. The job numbers show up multiple times because of different phases of the project: ProjNum ProjDescription 3077 Univ. of Vermont/UC/LEED 3077 Univ. of Vermont/University Commons: Building Fee 3077 Univ. of Vermont/University Commons: Excess Professiona... I need to jut have a single listing of each project number, otherwise, I get repeated records in the query that looks at this information (which ...

URGENT: WINDOWS 8 ANNOUNCEMENT for July 2011!
Think Windows7 just came out & too young? Welcome to the brave future: Windows8! 1) Windows 8 To Contain New Anti-Ha*king Software (antipir*cy). Some may consider anti-pir*cy measures similar to whistling in the wind, but that's certainly not the case. George has posts in Windows7NewsDOTcom, and ConnectedInternet showing how in many cases Microsoft has foiled anti-pir*cy efforts. Many believe that piracy is relegated to just illegal copying or theft. But that is not the case. V*rus distribution and embedded malw*re, and privacy intrusion are typical features that result from...

Simple Access counting queries

Keyboard shortcut #8
I am using Excel 2002. I would like to create a keyboard shortcut that would allow me to Center align. The center icon is "&Center", but Alt C gives me "Clear Print Selection" I removed the "&" from in front of the clear print icon, but when I do an Alt C, nothing happens. Can I assign Alt C to the "Center" alignment button? If so, how? Thanks Siege Tools, Customize, R-click the Center align button, select "Image and Text" instead of "Default style". It should now work for you. Tonso wrote: > I am using Excel 2002. I ...

Problem with vba code to export query result in excel
Hi, I have a access report that exports to excel with click of a button after choosing parameters. This works well. However I have to modify couple of fields to utilize formula in the export module. I am not sure how to do this. I am writing the above code which seems to cause problem. I appreciate any help to resolve this issue. Thanks. Code: If lngColumn = 12 Then xlc.Offset(0, lngColumn).Value = =([UnitPrice]*[OriginalShippedQty])/1000 End If It seems the fields UnitPrice and OrigianalShippedQty are not being recognized here Jack wrote: >Hi, >I have a acces...

how to insert borders on flyer within Microsoft publisher?
Please help, I'm trying to insert a border around a flyer...I'm using Microsoft Publisher. Thanks, Harriet Is it a clipart border, Borderart or a simple rectangle? What problems are you having? What version Publisher? Any border you insert should be sent to the back so it does not interfere with your main design. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Harriet" <Harriet@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7E2ED4D8-CC09-497F-A17C-44AE41F951C9@microsoft.com... > Please help, I'm ...

Difficult query
Hi, I have a table called WT,contains the fields "Type of call","DateW" and "ID", this table is used to by users to add rows that determine type of calls received in a call center,I want to create a query with the following criteria: 1- To view number of calls received in each type per day. 2- To show the field "Type of call" in this query,even the type that wa not used,and to view number 0 in the count field. 3-Prcentage of each type of call . On Dec 11, 3:52 pm, Pietro <Pie...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hi, > I have a tabl...

Report Query in RMS
Is there somewhere that I could get some information as to how the reports in RMS are composed. When you look at the various reports they all seem fairly simple in there basic structure. Are the any examples of how these reports are composed. The //--- Columns ---// iformation seems to be the same in most reports, same as the //--- Title Rows ---//. Setting up the flitters and the TablesQueried I need to understand. I have the schema for 1.2. How do I better understand the following or what do I need to learn. I wish I was in college again and had all the time in the world. //--- Repo...

Automatic response email on Microsoft exchange 2003
How can I generate an automatic email response from a group of internal users to a group of external users? We have about 500 customers that we want to respond to when they send an email to a group of about 30 inside sales people. Is this possible? If this can not be done then can I send an automatic reply to any external email going to the group of 30 inside sales people? Thank you, Chris either make the external users post to a public folder and set the rule there to reply with a template or create outlook server side rule on one of the sales mambers (create a dummy user and...

=?Utf-8?Q?Can=E2=80=99t_delete_e-mails_in_Queue?=
Hello, I am experiencing problems removing/deleting email from a queue. The sender is blank, these e-mails from an outgoing SMTP queue. I try to delete them and the Delete NDRs and Delete (no NDRs) are grayed out. Any ideas on how to delete them? The system is W2003 sp1, Exchange 2003 SP2 Thank you, ‘koz On Thu, 6 Jul 2006 13:43:01 -0700, koz <koz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hello, > > > >I am experiencing problems removing/deleting email from a queue. The sender >is blank, these e-mails from an outgoing SMTP queue. I try to d...

Export PDF information into Microsoft Excel
What do you do with your data that's stuck in your PDF forms? FDF Decoder from Spotted Dingo Inc., gives you the ability to quickly turn your useless PDF information into a data mine of valuable information. FDF Decoder is a desktop application which creates csv files from your pdf interactive forms (acroforms) in individual or batch file mode. You then can easily import your information into Microsoft Excel to create intelligent spread sheets which can then be entered into databases and aid you in your statistical analysis. FDF Decoder works with the PDF's exported Form Data (FDF...

VBA and SQL Query
hi, i use GP 8.0 and i want to make a custom form for a specific need. i cannot use Dexterity for this change so i really need to use VBA. however in the vba form i want to make a few sql select queries to pull client names, and call a table view, and eventually run a few update queries. is that possible to do with VBA in GP 8.0 ? Yes. You need to create an ADO connection and execute through that. Go to Customersource and search for ADO and VBA. Somewhere, I think in one of the demo links, is a file containing sample code that show you how to do this, including use of the retrievegl...

pass through query variables
Hi Guys, I am looking for some help with a pass through query. I have a number of reports that allow users to select values from combo box's and want to know how I can pass this data in a pass through query. I have looked through and searched but seem to just get sites that I have to register to get some details, but do not wish to register elsewhere to get some info. If any has an example or links to any sites that would cover this I would appreciate it. An example of what I would want to pass is [forms]![frmReports].[txtsupplierID] [forms]![frmReports].[txtprod...

When is Microsoft coming out with updated version of Publisher?
I've been using Pubisher since 1997 and it's great...but now it's almost FOUR years old with no no version! More graphics, more WordArt options, that would be nice. When are we going to see a Publisher 2006-7?????? There is a new version of Office being beta tested now with an approximate release date of Spring 2007. (No clue about the amount of clipart or WordArt. Sorry) -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Nancy O'Brien" <Nancy O'Brien@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:005128ED-EF3D-4ADA-B02D-B5EB6790BFC0@microsoft.com.....

Microsoft Outlook Client Track in CRM Feature.
Hello Everyone, I have a user who updates and creates new contacts on behalf of another user in the Exchange System by using contact sharing on a regular basis. Once the Contacts have been created, there is a requirement for our user to be able to then track those contacts in CRM. The problem that I have is that when the user hightlights a contact whilst working in an open shared contacts folder, CRM displays an error message "Only items in the default Microsoft Outlook store can be promoted to Microsoft CRM." Does anyone know if there is a work around for this? Kind Regard...

MS Query
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0008_01C3998F.CE542560 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Currently I have a number of MS Queries connected to an Oracle DB = through the ODBC. We have had to change the user name and password for = accessing the database so I need to change the queries. How? The ODBC setup on the PC has been changed but each of the queries still = access via the original id, is there a way in the query editor to change = these details? --=20 Regards Dean=20 dkso@ntlworld.com...

Microsoft publisher 2002 Error 1706
I have a error message 1706 from msi installer that says: Set up cannot find the requested files office10\1033\setup.hlp Anybody knows anything about this?Is it possible to do some registry key modification to get rid of this error message box? Thanks in advance. OFFXP: "Error 1706...", "Installation Ended Prematurely..." When You Try to Run Setup http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;298021 -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://dgl.microsoft.com/ http://mvps.org/msauer/ "ben" <benS21@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:69919abe.0307121025.3ff904...

Password not remembered even though I've followed Microsoft's Registry edit....
Hello I have outlook 2003 and the password is not being remembered when I check email. I have followed Microsoft's instructions to edit the registry and remove the keys from the Protected Storage System provider but this has not helped. I am at a loss as I can't find any other information on this. I would appreciate any help. Thank you Jawaz Same thing happened to me. (XP prof + Outlook 2003). About 3 months ago the MS edit registry worked but the problem has cropped up again within the past 2 weeks. Appeared to coinside with the New Yahoo Mail change. Could it be related ...

PDF file #8