Microsoft Forms

I have a a custom excel spreadsheet that works on some laptops not others.
They all have Windows XP - SP1 and Office XP - SP3.
Some laptops open the spreadsheet OK, some have a pop up box that says

MICROSOFT FORMS

Could not load an object because it is not available on this machine.

OK

If you press OK, it apperas again, if you press OK again it goes into
Microsoft Visual Basic and gives you a compile error.

Any ideas?
0
Greg7423 (349)

Do they all have the same version of Excel, or do some have an older
version? If so, rebuild under the earliest Excel version .

--

HTH

RP

"Greg" <Greg@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have a a custom excel spreadsheet that works on some laptops not others.
> They all have Windows XP - SP1 and Office XP - SP3.
> Some laptops open the spreadsheet OK, some have a pop up box that says
>
> MICROSOFT FORMS
>
> Could not load an object because it is not available on this machine.
>
> OK
>
> If you press OK, it apperas again, if you press OK again it goes into
> Microsoft Visual Basic and gives you a compile error.
>
> Any ideas?

0
bob.phillips1 (6510)
3/9/2005 5:16:38 PM
They all have the same version, however it was originally created on Excel
2000 (Sorry I did not include this info)

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

> Do they all have the same version of Excel, or do some have an older
> version? If so, rebuild under the earliest Excel version .
>
> --
>
> HTH
>
> RP
>

> "Greg" <Greg@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I have a a custom excel spreadsheet that works on some laptops not others.
> > They all have Windows XP - SP1 and Office XP - SP3.
> > Some laptops open the spreadsheet OK, some have a pop up box that says
> >
> > MICROSOFT FORMS
> >
> > Could not load an object because it is not available on this machine.
> >
> > OK
> >
> > If you press OK, it apperas again, if you press OK again it goes into
> > Microsoft Visual Basic and gives you a compile error.
> >
> > Any ideas?

0
Greg7423 (349)
3/9/2005 5:25:03 PM
If the current version is later than Excel 2000 that will not be the
problem.

--

> They all have the same version, however it was originally created on Excel
> 2000 (Sorry I did not include this info)
>

> "Bob Phillips" wrote:
>
> > Do they all have the same version of Excel, or do some have an older
> > version? If so, rebuild under the earliest Excel version .
> >
> > --
> >
> > HTH
> >
> > RP
> >

> > "Greg" <Greg@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > I have a a custom excel spreadsheet that works on some laptops not
others.
> > > They all have Windows XP - SP1 and Office XP - SP3.
> > > Some laptops open the spreadsheet OK, some have a pop up box that says
> > >
> > > MICROSOFT FORMS
> > >
> > > Could not load an object because it is not available on this machine.
> > >
> > > OK
> > >
> > > If you press OK, it apperas again, if you press OK again it goes into
> > > Microsoft Visual Basic and gives you a compile error.
> > >
> > > Any ideas?

0
bob.phillips1 (6510)

Provide Help/Tutorial Form
I'd like to add a form to an operational database that the users can look at for info on how to use the application; what to do if errors occur; etc. What is the best way to provide the information ? A TextBox is limited to 255 characters; A MemoType has 64K characters; An Attachment - requires availability of the underlying product (Word, etc.). A LabelType field ? Recommendations ? If you are using only a single form or a couple of forms, put the info into a label control, or several label controls. Jeanette Cunningham MS Access MVP -- Melbourne Victoria Australia ...

Creating a botton to update data from a Form to Table
Greetings People I need to know how to create a botton on a Form (Microsoft Access) that may allow me to update the data in a Table. I know that I have to use VBA or VB ..NET CODE to create it. Where could I find a sample code that may help me with that? Reboot Kid On Tue, 11 May 2010 16:19:01 -0700, Reboot the Kid <ReboottheKid@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Greetings People > >I need to know how to create a botton on a Form (Microsoft Access) that may >allow me to update the data in a Table. I know that I have to use VBA or VB >.NET CODE to c...

Pivot forms don't work
I've a strange problem on my company PC. All PCs are equal and the installation of OS and programs has been made using the same disc image. On some PCs, like mine, is not possible to open pivot tables and pivot graphs. Double clicking one of them, the hourglass appears for a couple of seconds and that's all. All Access components are installed. Have you already heard about a similar problem? Is there any setting to check? Thanks in advance ...

Frustrated at Microsoft over Trial Upgrade to Money 2004
I'm really, really, frustrated. It started out ok... I downloaded the trial version of Money 2004. It worked fine. About 1 month ago, I decided to go ahead and buy the upgrade to Money 2004 Deluxe. I purchased on-line through the upgrade link in the program. Cost me $40, but, I should get an activation key, and everything will be great. What happened then? I kept waiting for the CDROM to show up in the mail. Did it? NO! All I got was an activation key by email with absolution NO instructions about how to use the silly number. I emailed Microsoft's customer support 3 tim...

Open form with selected records
I am trying to open my form from a splashscreen and only show records that have a blank date field. My form always opens without any records. I have at least 30 in the table. I tried opening from a query that I use to list these records on a report but then I cannot add new records. Open the form in design view and check its properties. If the form opens without records, it may have the Data Entry property set to Yes (providing a form for entering new data, but not showing existing). Another approach, and one that saves loading all the available records "behind the form", w...

Windows Mail & Microsoft Outlook
I want to use Windows Mail for all my emails etc. but each time I try and send any attachments Microsoft Outlook 2007 keeps popping up instead. How do I disable Outlook so that I can use Windows Mail properly? -- patinT is windows mail set as the default in control panel, internet options and in Mail's tools, options? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outloo...

Update
What is Happening? This message is to inform you that Microsoft will soon begin discontinuing newsgroups and transitioning users to Microsoft forums. Why? As you may know, newsgroups have existed for many years now; however, the traffic in the Microsoft newsgroups has been steadily decreasing for the past several years while customers and participants are increasingly finding solutions in the forums on Microsoft properties and third party sites. This move will unify the customer experience, centralize content, make it easier for active contributors to retain their influence, miti...

how to link list box with form 03-14-08
Greeting, I have a form for entering and search for info. In this form there are text box for search and listbox for showing search results. What I want to do is once search results appear, the user will dbl click on the results he wants and the form fields show the details of that item. I put the following sql in the form control source : SELECT utilizing.* FROM utilizing; And the following sql for list box SELECT utilizing.idn, utilizing.founame, utilizing.proname, utilizing.utilizdate, utilizing.lumpvalue, utilizing.notes FROM utilizing WHERE (((utilizing.founame) Like "*"...

Quote Form With Options
It seems my original thread of 4/29/10 "Quote Form with Options" has been forgotten. Tom van Stiphout was helping and gave me the instructions for a button to ""Create New Option". It would look at the maximum option used so far (DMax function) and add 1 to it. When the button is clicked, you save the JobNumber information and perhaps some other key information, go to a new record, populate the JobNumber with the saved value, and set the Option field to whatever DMax(...)+1 returns." I have researched and tried several methods of code, but can'...

Problems with inputting currency in a form
Hi All, So I have a form that is bound. In particular I have a text book whose control source is a field in a table. Its format is currency. The problem is: if the form is in regular view and someone goes to the text box and types 4, it comes up as 40. Any help is much appreciated. Thanks, K ...

How to create user form from scratch
Hi folks, I need to create a user form where they will be able to pick one of the status (Pending, Complete, Incomplete, Beyond). These 4 status will be displayed using option buttons.After the user chooses the status, i need the selected status to be displayed on the cell. (K4) I have no idea as to even start doing this. I really hope there is someone kind enough to teach me step by step on how to accomplish this. Please supply coding if there is any. Thanks a lot. Check Debra Dalgleish's site: http://contextures.com/xlUserForm01.html Tom Ogilvy posted these links: Peter Aiken Articl...

Microsoft CRM import/export and ERP integration
Do you need to import/export data with Microsoft CRM or even integrate with other systems, be sure to look at this new product QuickBix Integration Suite -2007, http://www.quickbix.com. ...

forms in Excel
Hi, I would like to create a form in Excel that can be used as a source for an Access table. I don't necessarily want to create the form in the VBA editor. There are two form features in an Excel sheet: The Control toolbox and the Forms toolbox. How should i decide which one to use? Thanks! Jake My question is very simple (I hope): in MS Works, you can toggle between List View and Form View, and print an individual record in the latter. Can this be done in Excel? "Jake" wrote: > Hi, > I would like to create a form in Excel that can be used as a source for an ...

Custom Contact form / Flagged for follow up Problem
I created a custom contact form, adding several user defined fields. If I Flag a contact record for follow up, and then select the item from the list of tasks to be done displayed by the Task folder, the original default contact form, without my needed additional user defined fields is displayed. How do I make the custom contact form be displayed when I click on a flagged item? Outlook version? Are you up-to-date on service packs and hotfixes for your version? -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook 2007 Programming: Jumpstart for Power Users and A...

WSUS 890830 Update Issue requesting microsoft software license
Unable to Approve the Patch 890830, While approving getting the reply as "requesting microsoft software license .... " Need assistance in sort out this issue -- Kurunji Anbe Sivam wrote: > Unable to Approve the Patch 890830, While approving getting the reply as > "requesting microsoft software license .... " Need assistance in sort out > this issue WSUS Newsgroup http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/list/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.windows.server.update_services MowGreen ================ *-343-* FDNY Never Forgo...

'Retrieving Data from Microsoft Exchange Server'
I'm aware of how to change the outlook "cancel request" dialog box behavior in Outlook 2002, throught modifying the registry. The registry entry microsoft gives you, points to CURRENT_USER\Softwarw\Microsoft\office\10.0 \CancelRPC but in an installation of Outllok 2003(11.0 rather than 10.0)there is no CancelRPC entry to modify. Does anyone have any idea what is the correct way to make these same changes in Outlook 2003 so i can get rid of that annoying retrieving data dialog box? ...

blinking form...
Hi, When i use this command: DoCmd.DoMenuItem acFormBar, acRecordsMenu, 5, , acMenuVer70 The code is used on several things; - a combobox - afterupdate() - a button - a group checkbox The form blinks with every update. Is there a way to prevent the form from blinking ? I hope to hear from you ! Best regards and thanks in advance, Pierre Those menu commands are from Access 95 and while still supported, are no longer used. The current useage is: DoCmd.RunCommand acCmd?? Since I don't know what you are trying to accomplish, look at the RunCommand...

Reset value to False in Checkbox when closing form
I have a split form with a Checkbox called "Select" it's default value is False (0) when I close the form I want the field value (if changed) to be reset to False (0). In my form I have an event procedure under On Close: Private Sub Form_Close() Dim ctl As Control For Each ctl In Me.Controls If ctl.ControlType = acCheckBox Then ctl.Value = False End If Next End Sub When I close the form I get an error message: Run-time error 2448 "You can't assign a value to this object." Any ideas where I've gone wrong? -- n...

Passing a Control Value from a Form to a Query
I use Access 2000. I have a form that has a command button to Create an Invoice. When this button is clicked a Dialog Pop-up form appears. The user is required to enter 2 pieces of data in this form. On this form there is a command button to Preview the invoice. I have no problem of passing the 2 pieces of user data from the Dialog Pop-up to the underlying query. What I do not know how to do is pass the initial form's CustomerID control value to the query and/or the code for the Preview command button. I know this should be pretty simple to accomplish but I am bew...

Microsoft RMS and tax rates
I have a potential customer who wants to apply a tax rate to a customer, or or adjust the total tax rate to the entire sale. They do not want to have to go in and adjust the tax rate for every specific item at POS. How is this handled? Thanks...Andrea Click on File->Configuration menu, in Sales Tax tab, select "Assign tax schedules on a per customer basis" option. "Andrea" <Andrea@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:97AB6ABA-A9F9-4A6A-AAC4-BE883D937AEF@microsoft.com... >I have a potential customer who wants to apply a tax rate to a custome...

Microsoft Responds to the Evolution of Online Communities
Date 5/4/2010 Starting in early summer 2010, Microsoft will begin progressively closing down the Microsoft public newsgroups to enrich conversations in the rapidly-growing forum platform. This decision is in response to worldwide market trends and evolving customer needs. Microsoft continues to invest in forums to reduce customer effort, consolidate community venues and make it easier for active contributors to retain their influence. Forums provide a healthy community environment with less spam and make answers easier to find by customers and search engines. Additionally, f...

Microsoft Money 2000 Vs 2003
I am having problems transfer my MOney 2000 data/files from one computer to a newer computer which has MS Money 2003. My new computer does not currently have a "floopy" drive, but does have a CD. What is the correct method for transfering data files from my old computer (ME software) to my new PC, which uses Home XP? Copy the .MNY data file(s) to a CD on the old machine using whatever CD burner software works for you. Copy them from the CD to a hard disk on the new machine using Windows Explorer. Make sure they are not set Read Only. One at a time, double click on the .MNY ...

Color scheme in templates from Microsoft Office website
How do I save the colors that show up on some of the templates that are on the Microsoft Office website? I'll download a template and the color scheme is great and I'd like to use the same colors for some of my other Excel docs. Thanks, New guy to news groups. Will You can transfer the colors to any workbook or to a Template for all new workbooks. Have a new workbook open then open a workbook based on the template. With your new workbook open go to Tools>Options>Color and "copy colors from". This will place the modified colors into your new workbook, which can...

Switch Windows form controls back from RTL?
I'm making my first attempt at localizing a Windows Form application using both an TLR and RTL language and I'm having some issues. I created my form in the Default language (en-US), layed the controls out, changed the language to ar-SA - an RTL language - and set the RightToLeftLayout and RightToLeft to true for the form and RightToLeft to true for the controls. I also moved some controls from the right to the left side of the screen, so the default an RTL language forms have a different layout. When I run the application, starting it in the default LTR language, a...

Take a look at this important pack from Microsoft Corporation
--uqqkvddiqp Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="chkhrtdwvcmek"; type="multipart/alternative" --chkhrtdwvcmek Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="ilyjfqiirp" --ilyjfqiirp Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Customer this is the latest version of security update, the "October 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which eliminates all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express. Install now to protect your computer from these vulnerabilities, the...