Microsoft Excel for Windows - How to SUM TIME for timesheet card?

in Microsoft Excel for Windows I would like to add time eg. 09:00:00 AM plus
05:00:00 PM less ONE HOUR equals 8.0 hrs. Anyone with an example.?
0
gmontalc (1)

I believe you're looking to *subtract* time, *not* sum it.

Start time in A1 - 9:00 AM
End time in B1 - 5:00 PM

=B1-A1

Also, you said *less* one hour, so the total is really 7 hours, not 8, right
?

However, to take into account where the end time crosses midnight, where the
end time is smaller then the start time, use:

=(B1-A1)+(A1>B1)

Now change this to a decimal number, so that you can multiply it by the pay
rate to get total dollars:

=((B1-A1)+(A1>B1))*24
Format the cell as "General"

Now, you can subtract your hour for lunch:

=((B1-A1)+(A1>B1))*24-1

--

HTH,

RD

"gmontalc" <gmontalc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
in Microsoft Excel for Windows I would like to add time eg. 09:00:00 AM plus
05:00:00 PM less ONE HOUR equals 8.0 hrs. Anyone with an example.?

0
ragdyer1 (4060)

New to excel

Looking for Excel Help