Message "class not registered" opening sheet with macros Excel 97

I have created a document with Macros and is password protected.  I have sent
it to several people who are able to use it - the one who can't is using
Excel 97 SP2.  They are getting error message "class not registered" - could
it be the version they are using and how do I make sure they are able to use
it.

This could simply be a version issue if you developed on a later version and
used controls from that versions object libraries. You should always use the
lowest version to develop on.

If this is not the case look in the VBE on the faulty machine and check
tools>references... and see if any are marked as missing.  These are the
ones that need to be added. Could just mean a full install of that machines
version.

--
HTH
Nick Hodge

"PlanetSavers" <PlanetSavers@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have created a document with Macros and is password protected.  I have
>sent
> it to several people who are able to use it - the one who can't is using
> Excel 97 SP2.  They are getting error message "class not registered" -
> could
> it be the version they are using and how do I make sure they are able to
> use
> it.

Analysis Cubes
Hi, I have setup and installed Analysis Cubes i.e run server install, run jobs e.t.c Now when I try and setup a new definition ID in Dynamics GP, when I save my definition, I get the following errro: unhandled object exception: Class not registered Any ideas of how to resolve? -- Thanks guys:) Neillin ...

Error: CDO.Person.1: Class not registered
I am attempting to run the code below using cscript on a Windows 2K3 SP1 server running Exchange 2K3 SP1 : email = WScript.Arguments(0) Set Person = CreateObject("CDO.Person") strURL = "mailto:" & email Person.DataSource.Open strURL Set Mailbox = Person.GetInterface("IMailbox") WScript.Echo "URL to inbox for " & email & " is: " & Mailbox.Inbox I am getting an error: CDO.Person.1: Class not registered (using wscript is the same error with error code 80040154) I have registered and unregistered the following cdo*.dll's mul...

What is an Excel "class not registered" error.
Every time I open Microsoft Excel I get a "Class Not Registered" error. It states "Looking for object with CLSID:{*********************} What is this? It would seem that Excel has fouled up its own internal registration. Close Excel, go to the Windows Start menu, choose Run, and enter Excel.exe /regserver Excel will start, do its internal housekeeping task, then exit. Now try to start Excel normally. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "weberts2" <weberts2@discussions.microsoft.com> w...

Error class not registered in Outlook 07
Hello, I use MS Outlook 2007 (over XP SP2). Recently, whenever I start Ooutlook (first screen is Outlook Today) I'm getting an error message: "Run Time Error" plus "Error: Class not Registered". When I run Microsoft Script Editor, the breaks the flowing statement: "document.all.dateScript.innerHTML = window.external.GetDate();" However, when I'm not confirming the debug execution I can get into Outlook sending and receiving email normally. When I try to get into first screen (selecting top follder - Personal Folders) the error message is prompted ...

OLE/COM Class "Class not registered" error
Hello, i added to my dialog-based application an automation server. I used the article on http://www.codeproject.com/com/mfc_autom.asp and via late binding it seems to work fine (VBS test). But when i want to write a client in c++ (early binding) then CoCreateInstance return the error "class not registered". The error seems to be in my server-application. In the "OLE/COM Object Viewer" the TypeLib seems to be installed correct. i register the server with the following code in InitInstance() via: ------ snip ------ CCommandLineInfo cmdInfo; ParseCommandLine(cmdInfo);...

"Class not registered" startup error
Beginning a week or so ago, when I start Excel 2000, I get Class not registered. Looking for object with CLSID:{AC9F2F90-E877-11CE-9F68-00AA00574A4F} This occurs whether opening an existing file, a template, or "nothing". Two questions; what did I do to cause it, and how do I fix it. Aside, I got a significant spyware infection in the same timeframe, and killing it messed up lots of things ... this problem may have occurred along with that. TIA, George ...

runtime error class not registered
When I open Outlook 2003 I get an error message "A Runtime Error has occurred, do you wish to debug? Line 297 Error: Class not Registered." I upgraded from Office 2000. I have Norton @005 on my computer and never received this message before. ...

Class not registered
Everytime I try and load an xls file I get the message: "Class not registered. Looking for object with CLSID:{AC9F90-E877-11CE-9F68- 00AA00574A4F}" Excel will load but I can't get the file to open. Any help would be very much appreciated. First, I have no idea. I search google for that CLSID and found one unanswered hit. But until someone comes along who knows, you could try this (it won't cause harm and if it works, woohoo!): Close Excel and Windows Start Button|Run excel /unregserver then Windows Start Button|Run excel /regserver The /unregserver & /regserve...

Please Help!
I have posted this problem before but no one has responded. Two of the files I am trying to load have vital info. I have uninstalled MS Office and then reinstalled with no results. Everytime I try and load an xls file I get the message: "Class not registered. Looking for object with CLSID:{AC9F90-E877-11CE-9F68- 00AA00574A4F}" Excel will load but I can't get the file to open. Any help would be very much appreciated. Try this http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;182500&Product=xlw it seems you missed 2 characters in the string you posted, the KB...

CRM
I am going to keep posting this till somebody responds.... Installed CRM product on Win 2000 SP3, SQL 2000 SP2 box. Install seems to have gone well. Later following reboot, when I brought up the CRM client in web browser mode, none of the drop down lists work on any of the pages like System Options or User Options. I get web page errors saying CLASS NOT REGISTERED. How can I correct this or at least suggest a troubleshooting approach? I am able to do other things in the web client like add users, business units etc, just nothing that requires using a drop down list. ...

Class not registered #2
Everytime I try and load an xls file I get the message: "Class not registered. Looking for object with CLSID:{AC9F90-E877-11CE-9F68- 00AA00574A4F}" Excel will load but I can't get the file to open. Any help would be very much appreciated. ...

Class not registered error
Hello, I am using Excel 2000 and after loading in a new software I noticed an error when entering in Excel. "Call not Registered. Looking for the object with CLSID:{AC9F2F90-E877-11CE-9F68-00AA00574A4F} Can anyone please advise? Kindest regards Try the following. Close Excel In the Windows Start menu, choose Run, and enter the following: Excel /regserver Click Enter This will cause Excel to startup, rewrite all its registry keys and register itself with Windows, then Quit. Now, start Excel normally. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Cons...

CRM problem
Installed CRM product in Win 2000 SP3, SQL 2000 SP2 box. Install seems to have gone well. Later following reboot, when I brought up the CRM client in web browser (IE6), none of the drop down lists work on any of the pages like System Options or User Options. I get web page errors saying CLASS NOT REGISTERED. How can I correct this? ...

Message "class not registered" opening sheet with macros Excel 97
I have created a document with Macros and is password protected. I have sent it to several people who are able to use it - the one who can't is using Excel 97 SP2. They are getting error message "class not registered" - could it be the version they are using and how do I make sure they are able to use it. This could simply be a version issue if you developed on a later version and used controls from that versions object libraries. You should always use the lowest version to develop on. If this is not the case look in the VBE on the faulty machine and check tools>ref...

CRM setup problem
Installed CRM product on Win 2000 SP3, SQL 2000 SP2 box. Install seems to have gone well. Later following reboot, when I brought up the CRM client in web browser mode, none of the drop down lists work on any of the pages like System Options or User Options. I get web page errors saying CLASS NOT REGISTERED. How can I correct this? I am able to do other things in the web client like add users, business units etc, just nothing that requires using a drop down list. ...

ie8 favorites class not registered
Using Win7 and IE8 Cannot save favorites because of "class not registered" error. None of my favorites URL works...they appear in the toolbar, but the URL does not work. Thanx -- www.jollymoon.com Anyone know the exact wording of Jollymoon's "class not registered" error? I'm sorry, Jollymoon, we're not able to guess. You're going to have to tell us. And while you're at it, be sure to offer any clues you might have about possible causes for your problem, since these things don't happen by themselves. Did you install Windows 7...

Building Full text index on Exchange 2003
Hello all, I am trying to build a full text index of the mailstore. The catalog is build fine but when performing a full population of the mailstore no mailboxes are indexed. The following messages show up in the Event log ------------------------------------------- Event Type: Information Event Source: Microsoft Search Event Category: Gatherer Event ID: 3018 Date: 28-7-2006 Time: 8:35:05 User: N/A Computer: TBG-VMS Description: The end of crawl for project <ExchangeServer_TBG-VMS privD88B396F> has been detected. The Gatherer successfully processed 1 documents totaling 0K. It failed...

Script error: Class not registered
Hi Outlook 2003 installed fine on my machine, but after a few days has started giving a script error when it is started. Error is Class not registered, line 298, and url is outlook:today. What is the problem and how can I fix it? Thanks Regards John wrote: > Outlook 2003 installed fine on my machine, but after a few days has > started giving a script error when it is started. Error is Class not > registered, line 298, and url is outlook:today. > > What is the problem and how can I fix it? Download and install Microsoft's Scripting Engine v5.6. -- Himanshu (P...

Class not registered in MFC AppWizard
Hello, I've created a new ATL Object in my MFC App, this option created the ..idl and the .rgs file, and i have created too a new interface... when i try to CoCreateInstance this interface in the MFC App i receive a Class not registered error?!!?. In an ATL Project the things that i do is to build a separate proxy/stub DLL and register this dll, in the MFC app wizard i couldn find how this is done becaus this not generated the .mk file to do the nmake -f .mk to generate the dll. How i do this in a MFC AppWizard? Thanks Nuno ...

Exchange WMI Error
I've a WMI script using Exchange_Publicfolder object to update replica list and it is failing on one (out of two) of my Exchange 2003 EE SP2 servers with following error: Source: WinMgmt Description: Failed to CoGetClassObject for rovider "ExchangePublicFolderProvider". Class not registered (0x80040154). Script runs fine on another Exchange server. Does any one know cause of the problem or how to troubleshoot it? Thanks. ...

Building Full text index on Exchange 2003
Hello all, I am trying to build a full text index of the mailstore. The catalog is build fine but when performing a full population of the mailstore no mailboxes are indexed. The following messages show up in the Event log ------------------------------------------- Event Type: Information Event Source: Microsoft Search Event Category: Gatherer Event ID: 3018 Date: 28-7-2006 Time: 8:35:05 User: N/A Computer: TBG-VMS Description: The end of crawl for project <ExchangeServer_TBG-VMS privD88B396F> has been detected. The Gatherer successfully processed 1 documents totaling 0K. It failed...

Class Not Registered Error
Whenever I try to enter the Organzie feature in MS Outlook 2002, I receive a Class Not Registered error, line 903, character 3. I have tried repairing the installation, delete and repair the Outlwvw.dll file, and searching for other solutions. Has anyone seen a similar problem, or have any ideas? Thanks! Mike Martin mike.martin@eclsol.com ...