merging worksheet by email

How does one execute merging a worksheet with someone by email?  If the
emailer has the exact same headers and emails the worksheet, how can I merge
the list of names and addresses into my sheet alphabetically?  Is this
possible to do?  TIA
Bob

0
bb6107 (23)

Bob,

Open both, copy the new data from the emailed worksheet, paste it at
the bottom of your worksheet, then select the entire range and sort
based on the appropriate key(s).

HTH,
Bernie

"bb" <bb@earthlink.net> wrote in message
> How does one execute merging a worksheet with someone by email?  If
the
> emailer has the exact same headers and emails the worksheet, how can
I merge
> the list of names and addresses into my sheet alphabetically?  Is
this
> possible to do?  TIA
> Bob

0
deitbe (120)
10/22/2003 11:57:11 AM
Thanks so much for your kind help.

> Open both, copy the new data from the emailed worksheet, paste it at
> the bottom of your worksheet, then select the entire range and sort
> based on the appropriate key(s).
>
> HTH,
> Bernie
>

> "bb" <bb@earthlink.net> wrote in message
> > How does one execute merging a worksheet with someone by email?  If
> the
> > emailer has the exact same headers and emails the worksheet, how can
> I merge
> > the list of names and addresses into my sheet alphabetically?  Is
> this
> > possible to do?  TIA
> > Bob

0
bb6107 (23)

Combining Worksheet Numbers
And old problem revisited. I brought this question to this board about a year ago and got two spectacular answers from Tom Ogilvy and Ken Wright. See previous thread ---> http://tinyurl.com/2yleu I will repeat my question again just in case Anyway, I have the same problem/question, but this time instead of all of the worksheets having a static set of values (names), the players will be changing positions from "season" to "season." Thus, the Start to finish thing doesn't seem to work. I am doing a career statistical page for an online soccer simulation. I want to...

Publisher catelog merge- cannot open data source file
whether I try to open the source file or open a new one, I get the message: operation cannot be completed becasue of dialog or database engine failures. Please try again later. Troubleshooting advice suggestd to undate the engine from Windows update - can't find it. Does anyone have more specific troubleshooting advice? This article has a solution: You receive a "The operation cannot be completed because of dialog or data base engine failures" error message when you try to perform a mail merge by using an Outlook 2003 contact folder in Publisher 2003 http://support.mic...

How to automatically add a worksheet using macro?
Can I add adding a worksheet in a macro? How do I do that? Ex. I create a new macro. One of the steps in my macro is to insert a new worksheet. Dim NewWks as worksheet set NewWks = worksheets.add with newwks .name = "Your New Name Here" .range("A1").value = "Hi there" End with eva wrote: > > Can I add adding a worksheet in a macro? How do I do that? > Ex. I create a new macro. One of the steps in my macro is to insert a new > worksheet. -- Dave Peterson Thank you "Dave Peterson" wrote: > Dim NewWks as worksheet > set Ne...

Adding Across Worksheets #2
Hello all. I saw a thread talking about this, but I can't figure out how to make it work for me. My worksheets contain the contribution for each person for one day out of the week. One issue I have is that all my worksheets have the date for the worksheet name (it is easier to see what a person contributed on a certain day if the date is immediately visible on the tabs). I want to sum all the contributions for each person over the course of about 6 months. There are about 70+ people, and I want to show what each person contributed totally. Is there a way to do this using the SUM for...

Recently moved home. Using dads ISP. Can't send or recieve email
Recently moved from Austin to Kansas City. Currently using my fathers ISP for internet and email access. Need help on how to send and receive emails through outlook 2002. Can I just creat a new account with my own personal user name and password? Boomerang <Boomerang@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Recently moved from Austin to Kansas City. Currently using my fathers > ISP for internet and email access. Need help on how to send and > receive emails through outlook 2002. Can I just creat a new account > with my own personal user name and password? With the ISP? You...

printing blank worksheet
I can't print a blank worksheet that I need for field work. The message comes back that "Microsoft Excel Sees Nothing to Print". I tried to highlight the area but that does not work. Isn't a blank worksheet a blank sheet of paper? Try putting just borders or even a space in a cell will make Excel "see" data. HTH Sandy -- to e-mail direct replace @mailintor.com with @tiscali.co.uk "bjq" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:cfd001c3ee70$bd700990$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I can't print a blank worksheet that I need ...

Can you create a table of contents from the worksheet tabs in a w.
I use Excel files that have up multiple worksheets. Is there an easy way to create a summary worksheet at the beginning of the workbook that is a linked table of contents based on the worksheet tab names? Much like how PowerPoint allows you to see an Outline view of the slides. In a perfect scenario, if I renamed a worksheet tab, that information would be reflected in the table of contents. Hi see: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/buildtoc.htm "sumatradc" wrote: > I use Excel files that have up multiple worksheets. Is there an easy way to > create a summary wor...

out off office assistant does not send email outside of network
When we use the out of office assistant, it only works with internal email inside the network. Does anyone have any suggestions. Thank you in advance, j. hoffa wrote: > When we use the out of office assistant, it only works > with internal email inside the network. Does anyone have > any suggestions. > > Thank you in advance, That's the default setting - you will find your Admin will be VERY reluctant to change it. Which version of OL are you using? We use Exchange at work and OOO Assistant works beyond the LAN. --Steve >-----Original Message----- >When we...

cannot reply to some emails in outlook 2007
In some emails, i cannot seem to reply. I get a white area to type the reply, but when typing nothing appears. My signature doesn't appear automatically either, as it usually does. Other emails for some reason are just fine and I can reply to them without problem. Anyone have any suggestions? Do you have a virus scanner installed which integrates itself with Outlook? Uninstall this integration part of your virus scanner and try again; you'd still be sufficiently protected by your on-access scanner part of the virus scanner. For more details see; http://www.msoutlook.inf...

Link sent by email incomplete in subject line
MSKB Article 327010 Can you download the hotifx noted in the above article? If not and you have to call Microsoft for the hotfix, is there a fee? Thank you, L Moore LMoore <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Can you download the hotifx noted in the above article? > If not and you have to call Microsoft for the hotfix, is > there a fee? If contacting Microsoft is the only way to get the hotfix and if you PC is experiencing the problem described by the article, there is usually no charge. -- Brian Tillman Smiths Aerospace 3290 Patterson Ave. SE, MS 1B3 Grand Ra...

Filtering data to different worksheets
Hi all, I'm sue this should be really simple to do but I'm struggling to get i to work. I have a list of account numbers and who has keyed each one on. I want to filter down the list so that I have a seperate worksheet fo each person with all of the account numbers (plus other columns of inf ie. address, phone number) that they have done. I've tried vlookup but that, obviously, only looks up the 1st accoun number. Can anyone point out what I'm missing? Thank -- jappe ----------------------------------------------------------------------- japper's Profile: http://www...

Email Help???
I am currently running Windows 2K with Office 2000. When ever I go to send an email message, the message hangs. When I click on send, the message remains open with the hourglass for a good 30 seconds before being sent. Has anyone come across this problem? Any suggestions??? Thanx in advance.... ...

email to multiple contacts
I want to send an email template to a number of contacts. How can I mask the fact that I'm sending it to multiple contacts? If I enter all the info in the to: area, all contacts can see each other. Create an email template and use the "Send Direct E-mail" action in the grids. It will send an individual e-mail to each recipient. Jason Hunt Invoke Systems This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "wags" <wags@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1C601631-3BB1-45BA-9626-9391E4C3137F@microsoft.com....

Problem receiving some emails
I have not received several emails over the last few days that were sent to me. Address is correct. I have received many emails on those days, but a few never came through. This is very important!!! -- ZC Check to see if those missing emails are accessible on the server by going to your webmail page (using Internet Explorer). If the emails aren't on your provider's server, Windows Mail can't download them. Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) "zcovey" wrote in message news:FA5013FF-6E36-47C5-A35B-380509D648F7@microsoft.com... I have not receiv...

Open record from email
Hi. I'm creating a database for recording modifications. There's a set workflow of authorisation that has to be followed. I'm making it so a user can double click on a Signed field and it inserts their login name, with the field being locked otherwise to make sure it can only be that person whose name can be recorded. no problems there. Once they've signed, an email will be generated for the next person. No probs there either. What I'm after is some way to attach something automatically that will let that next user double click to open the relevant record dire...

Cannot email from internet information screen
When we attempt to click on the E-mail field while in the internet information screen screen for both customers and sales persons a message pops up RUN APPLICATION ERROR - file not found, followed by the email address. Any suggestions? We have a product called eMailer Manager that can pull/send emails from that field. Check it out: http://www.binarystream.com/eMailerManager_POP.asp "Doug" wrote: > When we attempt to click on the E-mail field while in the internet > information screen screen for both customers and sales persons a > message pops up RUN APPLICATION ER...

Gaps appear in the design after an email merge
I have designed an email in Publisher 2007 that I want to merge with a number of email addresses and other data. The size of the completed email is about 21cm x 53 cm. Everything works perfect until after the merge. When I open some of the products of the email merge (before sending them off), I discover that all of them have text and lines missing in the horizontal area between 46 and 48 cm from the top of the document. In that area the merged emails are completely blank I have tried over and over again to solve the mysterious problem, without any success. Please advise. -- Fanie ...

Why am I getting Undeliverable emails notification?
Why am I getting "undeliverable emails" notification when I send emals from a third party? ie sending photos from Photoshop Elements 6 Derek "minsee95" in <news:5A88132A-9895-43F7-9B17-528AAC7A27CD@microsoft.com> wrote: > Why am I getting "undeliverable emails" notification when I send emals from a > third party? ie sending photos from Photoshop Elements 6 > Derek All depends on what the NDR (non-delivery report) e-mail said which you chose not to divulge. Sorry - the crystal ball has the weekend off. Post some useful information such as the ...

New message rule for new email account
I have added a third email account to Live Mail. I seem to be recieving messages fine. But I would like to add a message rule to file certain messages in a subfolder. And when I try to make the rule, I fail to see this new account amongst the folders available to 'move' messages to. Why is this missing? What can I do? Thank you! Is this a POP3 account? Message rules are only for POP3 accounts. -- Mike - http://TechHelp.Santovec.us "AvrohomD" <AvrohomD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C3896CE8-D25C-4949-93E2-E1FECF1D5C9B@mi...

Change email address when someone gets married
I have a user who is getting married. Her last name is going to change. How do I change here email address and login name? Do I just have to create a new user and export her old email to a PST file and import it back? Thanks In ADUC, click the Email Adresses tab and change the email address. The best way to rename the user name is to right click the user in ADUC and click "rename". That way you can change the First and Last Name, Display Name AND the user name. "Brian" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:d59201c439d8$d5d40e60$a301280a...

email #90
I installed outlook 2007 on my office & home computers. I did the office first. On my home computer there are no messages in my inbox, but they are there on my office computer. How do I get them to show up in both places. your settings on your work pc are telling the email server to remove the emails when you read them to the local pc. on your work pc you need to configure it so when you read the email they stay on the server so your home pc can pick them up as well. Make sure your home pc also keeps the emails on the server also. "Bruce" wrote: > I installed out...

emailing forms
I would like to create a workflow rule that would email the url of a newly created quote to another employee in the company. Is this possible and how would I do it? Thank you for the help in advance. Hi alma, not sure off hand if you can do it with a workflow rule...you can definately do it using the post-callout mechanism. Mike "alma" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2cf301c3e15e$31ac59a0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I would like to create a workflow rule that would email > the url of a newly created quote to another employee in > the compan...

Securing emails between two companies
I need to come up with some options on securing email communications between two domains (companies) that are wanting to email data that needs to be secured. There are HIPAA requirements that need to be met. They do not want to share any other data at this point. Both organizations are running Exchange 2003. They do share some infrastructure and have their networks separated via VLANs. They both have their own internet connections. I am currently looking at setting up SMTP connectors. Am I going down the right path, or is there a better option? Thanks! an smtp connector should work i...

is it possible to export my outlook email files to some standard format ?
I am trying to save all my email messages because I want to try to install linux. One might think there was some way to export your email file to some standard format, but alas It seems I can only export to Microsoft Outlook or Microsoft Exchange from Outlook Express 6. Where is the mail file located ? maybe I can decipher most of it with a perl script or something if there is no other means. Perhaps a linux program like one in open office can read it ? __/ [ surfunbear@yahoo.com ] on Sunday 27 August 2006 17:16 \__ > I am trying to save all my email messages because I want to try t...

DEFAULT EMAIL ACCOUNT QUESTION
Is it possible not to select a default email account so that each time, the computer asks which account to send an email with? In other words, can you not have any account set as default? Thank you. No, a default account is required for Outlook to process mail. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, its_my_dime asked: | Is it possible not to select a default email account so that each | time, the computer asks which...