Merging tables

Hello, I do not have deep knowledge of Excel. That is why my proble
might appear a bit strange:

I have two tables, list1 and list2. In both tables there is a colum
with unique ID numbers. The rest of the columns contains differen
information in both tables. Example:

list1
-----
ID name email
101 bob bob@none.com
102 rita rita@none.com
999 jim jim@none.com

list2
-----
ID salary
102 2000
103 2500
204 2100

What I would like to get as a result is a combined table, with selecte
columns from both tables in it. I.e.:

list3
-----
ID name salary
101 bob -
102 rita 2500

Anyone who can help me out? Thank you very much! (Excel 2000, releas
9.0)

Ul

Hi Ulf
You could add a new column to your list1 and enter a VLOOKUP function

=VLOOKUP(cell_reference of ID#, range_of_list2,2,False

If you want a dash to show up if the id# isn't in list two then use

=IF(ISERROR(VLOOKUP(cell_reference of ID#, range_of_list2,2,False)),"-",VLOOKUP(cell_reference of ID#, range_of_list2,2,False)

Good Luck
Mark Graesse
mark_graesser@yahoo.co
Boston M

     ----- bro > wrote: ----

     Hello, I do not have deep knowledge of Excel. That is why my proble
     might appear a bit strange

     I have two tables, list1 and list2. In both tables there is a colum
     with unique ID numbers. The rest of the columns contains differen
     information in both tables. Example

     list
     ----
     ID name emai
     101 bob bob@none.co
     102 rita rita@none.co
     ..
     999 jim jim@none.co

     list
     ----
     ID salar
     102 200
     103 250
     ..
     204 210

     What I would like to get as a result is a combined table, with selecte
     columns from both tables in it. I.e.

     list
     ----
     ID name salar
     101 bob
     102 rita 250
     ..

     Anyone who can help me out? Thank you very much! (Excel 2000, releas
     9.0

     Ul

anonymous (74722)

URGENT
I have two worksheets with a common unique identifier for each employee. One worksheet has the date of employment, and the other worksheet has a list of training courses that have been completed by each employee. I need to identify employees hired within a date range and check to see if they have all completed their courses. This would be fairly easy if I could merge the spreadsheets and sort by date of employment. I've been told that the best way to handle this is to do a comparative analysis using vlookup, but I can't find any info on that process. PLEASE HELP! Hi Trish, As...

Merge records function
Is it possible to reuse the record merge function in CRM. Fx to call the function with a valid Account GUID with a URL-call to mergerecords ? I want this to open the merge windows with the GUID as the master record. ...

merged inbox folder from computer to lapton, now inbox messages are missing
i was trying to set microsoft outlook on my laptop. in the process, somehow, my main (stationary) computer's outlook inbox messages were automatically moved from that inbox to my laptops inbox. when i changed the configuration from internet (dial up) access to exchange (workgroup) the messages in both computer's inbox file disapeared. i'm looking for help on how to recover those messages from by inbox??? thanks erin.dorsett@idbois.ang.af.mil <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > i was trying to set microsoft outlook on my laptop. in > the proces...

Need help with SQL tables
After running a security reconcile sa was no longer a user in GP. I received the answer below about re-adding it, but I don't know how to add a userid in to a table. I can't find anything on knowledgebase about this. We don't have the SQL Enterprise Manager but use the SQL 2005 Management Studio Express. Can anyone help me? I just need to know the script that will add it to these tables. Thanks. Tracey D "Therefore it will be just a matter of adding 'sa' USERID into the following tables in DYNAMICS database as a minimum. Once added, use ano...

Publisher does not suppress blank fields with Catalog Merge...please help
As I originally posted, I need help finding out why Publisher is not suppressing blank lines when I merge to a new (or existing) document. [I tried to reply to the existing post, but google just gave me an error.] The person who replied just referred me to the help file (F1). Well, actually, I have tried the Help file, Microsoft's knowledge base, and newsgroups. That's why I posted here. I cannot find any information as to why it is not suppressing blank fields, and inserting extra lines. Some real constructive help would really be appreciated. I am posting here as a last resort...

Merging multiple excel files into a single doc
I've got about 40 excel documents. Each contains the same number of columns, and 25 lines worth of data. Rather then have 40 files, I'd like to have a single file with the data from each of the indvidual files all on this single file. Up until now, I've opened each doc, done a copy paste from the original doc into a master doc. This was ok for a while, but it appears this may be a regular thing I'll need to do. Is there any way to automate this process. The files will all be the same, in number of lines of data and number of columns. Thank you I like this way be...

2 pivot tables on one tab
Is it possible to put 2 Pivot tables on the same tab in my workbook? Or does anyone have any ideas on what would be the best way to chart Capital Pircahses? I have 5 coums and 4 rows. The rows are per division, and the columns are for the disposal amount, gain or loss, book value, depreciation & purchase price. I already have one pivot table in my report. Would this be too repeatative? Thanks You can put multiple pivot tables onto a worksheet. If the second one is based on the same data, select and copy the first, select a cell some distance away, and paste it. Each pivot table...

Table object
There is a little table object that shows up on the top left of a table that you can use to move the table to the left or right. But I can't seem to figure out how to get that table object to appear. You have to click around select the whole table/ deselect the table and then at some point it appears. How do you get it to appear so you can move the table? I am getting tired of trying to randomly get it to appear. Thanks, Tom Which version of Word? We support about 20... On 7/04/10 2:14 PM, in article O4J9ajg1KHA.4832@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl, "tshad"...

Find repeat and than merge and centre
Hi! How to find repeated data and then merge and centre. My data is from A to M.Range from A1 to M4500 Any Function Or Macro. Thanks Hardeep Hi, I think we need more detail - what do you want to merge and center, multiple rows, multiple columns, multiple blocks of cells? You will loose the data in all but one of the merged cells, Excel does not merge the data. What determines if a range has repeat data - does the data in two cells above each other need to be the same, does all the data on two adjacent rows need to be the same, do the rows with duplicate data need to be adjacent? -...

Pivot Table Freezes
I have many pivot tables off a large database and they periodically freeze when I refresh the data. Only solution is to crash out. Any ideas, comments, solutions out there. The machine has been checked out OK. I work on a network - checked out OK. Maybe this is the problem: XL2000: PivotTable Updated Slowly with OLAP Data Source http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=237469 Jimbo wrote: > I have many pivot tables off a large database and they periodically freeze > when I refresh the data. Only solution is to crash out. Any ideas, comments, > solutions out there....

Copying fields from combo box to a table
Hi, I am creating a database for our Machine Maintence Report (access 2003). I created a combo box from table1 and I want to have the selected fields (i.e. Machine, Technician, Engineer etc...) in table1 to be copied in table2. This table2 has the same fields Machine, Technician, Engineer plus the other field that will be updated when the maintenance is done such as remarks, issue and data readings. Looking forward for your help. If you really have a need to store this information in multiple tables, you can use code in the After Update event of the combo box to push the valu...

Find cell numbers in a table so I can multiply
Hello, I have a word document and in the documents header there is a table. This table a has diferent number of cells in each row like: Row one: 2 cells Row two: 4 cells Row three: 2 cells Row four: 10 cells Row five: 2 cells What I wanted to do is multipy 3 cells together thats in row four and show the total in the same row. I have a number in the 3rd cell that needs * by the number in the fith cell that needs * by the number in the seventh cell and totaled in the 9th cell. I know I have to select the ninth cell and select table/formula then what? -- Thanks, Chad I ...

SQL to get the lowest unique value from table
Hi I'm looking for some SQL to get the lowest unique value in a table: eg, <table> ID BID 1 1 2 1 3 1 4 2 5 2 6 2 7 3 8 4 3 is the lowest unique value. I would need to return the ID. Any suggestions? thanks Lee "Lee" <lee@digital-interactive.com> wrote in message news:a981d263-7f22-4b14-8493-014559da8590@z41g2000yqz.googlegroups.com... > Hi > I'm looking for some SQL to get the lowest unique value in a table: > eg, > > <table> > > ID BID > 1 1 > 2 1 > 3 1 > 4 2 > 5 2 > 6 2 ...

Intelligent Pivot Table with Large Data Sets
Pivot Tables are great with small datasets. Does anyone have suggestions of products that can datasource from a ODBC source and manage large datasets (1M+ rows), visualizing the dat in a crosstab/pivottable format ? Unfortunately the underlying logic in the PivotTable/MSquery link isn' too intelligent in that is always wants to read the whole darn databas table before even presenting a field list. I assume this is due to th abstraction of the data created by sticking MS/Query inbetween th Excel pivot table service and the actual datasource? Seems pretty simply from a conceptual POV: 1. ...

Create border and merge cell in Excel file
Dear all, I want to create border and merge cell in Excel file, how to write the code in Access ? Please complete my below code. Thanks. Dim objXL As Object Dim objActiveWkb As Object Set objXL = GetObject(, "Excel.Application") Set objActiveWkb = objXL.Application.activeworkbook With objActiveWkb .Worksheets(1).cells(1, 1) = "Hello World" 'want to make border in cell (1,1) 'want to merge cell from A1:F1 End With Set objActiveWkb = Nothing: Set objXL = Nothing Chlaris wrote: > Dear all, > > I want to...

Pivot Tables show zero balance
Hi - I have a pivot table.... I want to show customers that have an outstanding balance. when i sort by month, i see everything, totals of who paid and who ha not. I want to sort to see only who is outstanding. How do I do this? CURRENT SETUP: Sort by page = date of invoice (by month) Rows = client name, then the tota -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com You could add a Status column to your data source, and calculate the account status. For example, with customer names in column C and amounts in column H: =IF(SUMIF($C$2:$C$39,C2,$H$2:$H$39)>0,"Outstanding&...

Web table to Excel...
Could someone help me exporting the tables from the following web-page into excel ? http://www.ekdd.gr/ESDD/IH/REBBBD-esdd-epityxontwn.htm (use unicode encoding) is this impossible ? ...

MFC String-table in C# ?
Hi, maybe a bit OT for this newsgroup, but I know that people here use C#, too. So, does anyone know how the MFC string-table technique map to C#/WinForm? I initially thought about using an integer->string map in C#, but is there some built-in mechanism to manage that? Thanks, Giovanni "Giovanni Dicanio" <giovanniDOTdicanio@REMOVEMEgmail.com> ha scritto nel messaggio news:ugqw1g7LJHA.1736@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... > So, does anyone know how the MFC string-table technique map to C#/WinForm? ....after some web search, it seems that C# has a ResourceManager class ...

Copying and Pasting Excel Tables into Word
We do our financials in Word, and copy and paste special as enhanced metafiles the tables that we do in Excel. This works perfectly in Word 2003. In 2007 however, when we past the table and print it, the table looks different (letter spacing funny, not smooth). I have tried printing to five different printers and it still happens. I'd suggest a slightly different approach. If you insist on using enhanced metafiles, try the following: 1. Select the range that you want to copy. 2. Instead of Copy, select the dropdown under Paste>As Picture>Copy as Picture. 3...

Table to feed form instead of lenghty code?
Hello, I a database that is kind of like an Auction type deal. If a user enters their user ID and click the button, it will automatically display their chosen private ID (or Auction ID). What I want to know is, I have 80 people in my department and the code (only way I know how to do it) will become very long. Can I set up a table with the User ID and Private ID and when the button is clicked, have it read from the table and display the Private ID that way? Below is how I am going to do it if no alternative. Private Sub cmdStatusUpdate_Click() Me.NewBid.Locked = False ...

"grouping" a table to prevent change from users
Hi, I would like to group an entire table with a wdContentControlGroup type of Content Control to prevent editing from users except in some wdContentControlRichText type of Content Control. I'm having problem in passing the right Range of the table. If I use: With ActiveDocument Set r = .Tables(1).Range Set objcc = .ContentControls.Add(wdContentControlGroup, r) End With an error "5224" "Wrong selection" arise. If I use: With ActiveDocument .Tables(1).Select Set objcc = .ContentControls.Add(wdCo...

Table calculations. Season from Date in Hunting Harvest Database.
I am trying to set up a hunting harvest database. I would like to add a column to the original data table that automatically calculates the hunting season, which is based on a specific harvest timeframe. Each harvest record entry has a specific date. For example, when a record of a deer harvested on 12-3-2007 is entered; I want the database to calculate that the date occurred during the fall 2007 season. Thus, I want 2007 to be automatically entered for this record in a separate column. However, our seasons last into the new year, so if for example a record is entered of a ...

Sizing Data Tables on a chart
When I have a data table attached to a chart and size the chart, the data table does not size proportionately ...

Inserting New rows into IV00108 Table
I am trying to insert new rows of data into the Iv0018 table I have another table in SQL with tthe data but when i use DTS to append this data it will not let me because of a null value being inserted in the DEX_row_Id column. Is there a SQL script that will allow me to apend this data to this table since the part numbers already exisits this is another pricelevel i am adding. This is SQL 2000 and GP 9.0. Thank you Ken DEX_ROW_ID is an identity column so it will auto populate. In DTS do not map a value for DEx_Row_ID (ignore it) "kfoster@pfeinc.com" <kfosterpfeinccom@disc...

how to link a .txt ( .dat) as a table by VB
Hi from Meudon (France) I want to link a .txt file as a table in my acces db. How to by VB : code and reference(s) (Acces 2003) Thanks by anticipation ...