Merging excel data into word #2

Ok, I have a feeling this process is quite simple, but I haven't bee
able to figure it out on my own, nor find anything in FAQ's.

I have created an excel spreadsheet containing the following:
students' last name, first name, ID number, advisor and counselo
(obvioulsy Im in education)

I would now like to create a phone call log for each student, but woul
like to import each students' info into this word document.  So as
print the 100 or so pages, page one would have the first students info
page two would contain the second students info, and so on.

Any help is greatly apprectiate, thanks in advance

--
MrPlo
MrPlow's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2707

Take a look here:

    http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/MailMerge/CreateAMailMerge.htm

especially the section on "Using Excel as a Data Source"

In article <MrPlow.1v1sed_1126195508.8111@excelforum-nospam.com>,
 MrPlow <MrPlow.1v1sed_1126195508.8111@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote:

> Ok, I have a feeling this process is quite simple, but I haven't beenable to
> figure it out on my own, nor find anything in FAQ's.
>
> I have created an excel spreadsheet containing the following: students' last
> name, first name, ID number, advisor and counselor(obvioulsy Im in education)
>
> I would now like to create a phone call log for each student, but wouldlike
> to import each students' info into this word document.  So as Iprint the 100
> or so pages, page one would have the first students info,page two would
> contain the second students info, and so on.
>
> Any help is greatly apprectiate, thanks in advance.--
> MrPlow------------------------------------------------------------------------
> MrPlow's Profile:
> http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=27076View this
> thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=465947
0
jemcgimpsey (6723)
9/8/2005 4:36:08 PM
Ah wonderful, thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

One more question now that deals with formatting.

On line one I have the name and ID number.  What is the best way to
make sure that the ID data always begins on the same column regardless
of how long the students name is?

Thanks again!

--
MrPlow