Merging a shared workbook

I have 3 different sharred workbooks with one master sheet that I am trying
to merge the others into.  When I try to merge the workbooks I get the error
that excel needs to close.  Any ideas of a bug patch or fix for this problem
or am I sharring incorrectly?

Thanks,
Corby
0
Corby1 (3)

Not enough info to determine if everything was done correctly, but if you can
get that far it probably is. Closing is a part of the process, then the file
should reopen automatically.|:>)

"Corby" wrote:

> I have 3 different sharred workbooks with one master sheet that I am trying
> to merge the others into.  When I try to merge the workbooks I get the error
> that excel needs to close.  Any ideas of a bug patch or fix for this problem
> or am I sharring incorrectly?
>
> Thanks,
> Corby
0
CyberTaz (411)

Help! Cannot delete an orphaned merge push subscription
I have inherited a subscription to a remote database that is no longer required. Turns out the remote server has been decommisioned but I still cannot delete the local subscription in SSMS. When I try to delete it, I get - "Invalid object name sysmergearticles." How can I make this orphaned subscription disappear from SSMS? ...

Merging Labels #2
Hello, I'm back with the same question. How do you get labels to merge from a database on one sheet? Not individual names on one sheet each? The instructions I have received so far does not work: 1. Under setup page size, create a blank page that is the size of one label. 2. Under Page Setup, select the option "Change Copies per Sheet", Click on "Multiple Copies Per Sheet". I still get multiple labels on one sheet with one name???? >-----Original Message----- >Hello, I'm back with the same question. How do you get labels to merge from >a database...

Changing the Excel sheet in mail merge
When attempting to change the sheet that is used from an excel 2007/2010 (xlsx) file in mail merge in Publisher 2007 and 2010 technical preview, (by selecting Edit Recipient List > Select an existing list), I get the message that the file is already open. However if I am using an excel 2003 (xls) file, it works fine and asks me which sheet I want to select. Is there a way to change the sheet being used in an xlsx file, or do I need to save all of my worksheets in an older format? Did you ask if this is a bug on the Connect web site? If the merge works when you save the Excel file t...

Visio Off-Page References
Is it possible to link off-page references in visio to another workbook? I have multiple off-page references both within and outside of the work book I am in. I would like to have the dynamic links both internally and externally. When I drag the off-page reference icon onto the page, the dialogue box that opens only allows a link to a new page within the workbook or an existing page within the workbook. How can I link to another workbook? rather than the off page connector, consider using hyperlinks al <blossomdkb@msn.com> wrote in message news:1170180558.681979.79210@s48g2...

Copying range of formulas to anotehr workbook
Excel 2007: I have a large range of cells with formulas I want to copy to another workbook but it only copies values. I can't copy the sheet to the destination workbook, only to a new workbook. Anyone know how? Thanks > Excel 2007: I have a large range of cells with formulas I want > to copy to another workbook but it only copies values. I can't > copy the sheet to the destination workbook, only to a new > workbook. Anyone know how? I know how to do it with VB code. Select the cells with the formulas you want to copy, then press ALT+F11 to get into the VB editor. C...

Formula jumps into a different column after closing workbook???
I created a macro-enabled (Excel 2007) workbook. On one page, we import data from a pivot table in another workbook into columns A and B. The macro could not read the text in those two columns - it only saw the link formula ([ThisWorkbook.xls]Sheet1!A2). So I went over to cols F and G and put in =T($A2) and =T($B2). That seemed to work. A Before Close workbook-level macro activates one particular worksheet and saves the workbook. That's it. When I open the workbook, my =T formulas are in cols C and D! C2 has = T(A2), while D2 has =T(#REF!). I opened the workbook, re-entered the fo...

How can I print page 2 of each sheet in a workbook?
If I understand your request, the first point to clarify is that "each sheet" does not have a page 2 - If there are 10 sheets & each one contains 2 pages of data, each page is still sequentially numbered 1-20. One option is to select the area to be printed on each sheet and go to File>Print Area>Set Print Area. Once you do this for each sheet, go to the Print dialog box and select Entire Workbook. HTH |:>) "sflower" wrote: > ...

Merge Sharepoint lists
Hi, I have several Sharepoint lists. These lists contain the same types for information (for example, name, age, gender, etc) and these columns for each list are in the same order. I would like to merge these lists into one list. Is there something in the standard Sharepoint (ie, not a third-party application) that could accomplish this? Thanks in advance. Richard Richard, check out the "Data View Web Part". You won't see it in the "Add a Web Part" dialogue, it's only viewable and editable in Sharepoint Designer(which is free download). I...

shared workbook in excel 2007
So many horror stories about shared excel workbooks crashing or losing data. I would like to have a shared excel workbook for our budget, shared among 30 people, who would enter in their budgets for specific departments. Are there users that have sucessfully utilized shared workbooks with 20-30 users? If so, what tips/secrets do you have to avoid the pitfalls of other sites, who have problems??? Submitted via EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice How to Create a Quiz with Free Quiz Template in Adobe Flash MX, Flash 8, Flash CS3, Flash CS4 http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tuto...

Sharing outlook express files
If this question is to the wrong ng apologies and please point me in the right direction! I have two computers, both running XP home, linked through a recently acquired Dell wireless router. I want to be able to use either machine for email, using the same email files. The older machine has my email .dbx files. I have shared the folder concerned and made it writable. On the newer machine (laptop) I use Outlook express tools->options->maintenance->store folder and point it at the folder on the other machine. Tells me it will happen next time I restart Express...but nothing happens, ...

SBS2003 shared folder backup recommendations to NAS
Hello A small office running SBS2003 has got a new Maxtor Shared Storage network drive. Drive creates password protected shared folder accessible from network. Which backup software do you recommend for creating over the network a daily backup of server's shared folder? Is there any freeware for such a small task? Perhaps it's worth of considering to create a small script for folder copy? Except that the password may be difficult part of the script. Thanks Can you just use the built-in backup to back up the whole server to the NAS? If not, and cost is an objec...

STOP SHARING NOTES
I used "Share my Notes Folder" option, and now the person has all the notes she needs, and I want to stop the sharing. How do I rescind the "share" feature for Notes? pjfelton <pjfelton@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I used "Share my Notes Folder" option, and now the person has all the > notes she needs, and I want to stop the sharing. How do I rescind > the "share" feature for Notes? Remove her permission from the Properties. -- Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] Thank you for your reply, but I just looked on every menu item, and r...

I need a Macro that will open workbooks and run a different Macro.
Hello, Is there a way for a macro to open all workbooks in a folder and then run another macro? I have the 'other macro' written already, I just need a macro that will open 200 spreadsheets - (they are not in the same folder but I can move them if needed, they are in the same directory) - , one at a time, then run my macro, then save each spreadsheet. I've asked a similar question of this forum (specifically dealing with txt files - thank you Jim Cone.) and I've tried to modify that Macro so it will open *.xls files but I can get it to work. Any help with this will...

Excel Backup Files, shared Network
Hi there, There is a spreadsheet that my team uses (team of 30), which is accessed upto 50 times or more a day and it regularly either dissapears or becomes corrupt. The file is stored on a large shared network. Our IT support provider only provides backup copies every evening. Is there a more regular way of keeping back-up copies - say every hour? Is there an 'automatic' way of doing this, rather than someone manual backing-up a copy every hour? Your help would be appreciated, Thanks all, :) -- genuinegal --------------------------------------------------------------...

Excel 2007
I am using a set of merged cells as a data source for a line chart. However, I am getting empty/null entries as part of the data set from the merged cells??? Basically, I have a set of merged cells each consisting of 3 cells. When I create the data source I get values like: 73%,,,61%,,,... Why is it making up value for each cell even though the cells are merged together??? I am truly finding 2007 very frustrating and very counter-productive! Please help, QB With Excel 2007 as well as with earlier versions the advice stays the same. Don't use merged cells. Thes...

workbook in xp?
Please can you help me, i want to create a work book exell xp. But it only opens with one sheet, can i add more? thanks Phil on the toolbar>insert>worksheet "Phil" <pas.6@ntlworld.com> wrote in message news:03c001c36fd7$6b6d8fe0$a001280a@phx.gbl... > Please can you help me, i want to create a work book > exell xp. But it only opens with one sheet, can i add > more? > > thanks > Phil You can add sheets easily by pressing ctrl and dragging the tab for the sheet at the bottom. That makes a copy. You can also right-click a tab and choose insert ...

Wanted: Data Analysis Workbook #2
Hi All, I am generating large amounts of data that need to be analyzed on the fly. To simplify the problem, consider an Excel workbook that has n number of data sheets, S1 to Sn. Each spreadsheet has 5 columns, C1 to C5 and x number of rows, R1 to Rx, in addition to the a header row. The workbook also has one main sheet called Smain. The workbook should be capable of doing the following automatically, either by pressing a button or auto-refresh when the data is updated: 1. The rows of each data sheet should be sorted max to min according to C3. 2. If the maximum value in C3 of a given sheet...

Merging data from two worksheets
I have two worksheets with lists on them. On worksheet A there are items we use, and charge code (which correspond to individual items); but there is no RMS code (a specific code we use for our system). On worksheet B there is a larger list of items, many of which are also on worksheet A. Worksheet B has a column with the same charge codes as are used in worksheet A, but worksheet B has the corresponding RMS codes. For example... On A: Item RMS Charge Code Stick (blank) 12345 Ball (blank) 54321 Bases (blank) 21543 On B: Item RMS Charge...

How do I change the default font in an EXISTING Excel workbook?
I know how to change it normally, but it seemed to switch on me from one day to the next in one particular workbook. I can't get it back. Any suggestions? Blue Format>Style>Normal>Modify. This is a workbook property so may be different from your default style in other workbooks. Change the Font to what you would like. NOTE: this also affects the Column and Row headers. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Wed, 29 Dec 2004 13:51:06 -0800, "Blueski" <Blueski@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I know how to change it normally, but it seemed to switch on me from one...

How do I size merged cells?
I am trying to sort data on a fairly extensive spread sheet in Excell 2003 Every time I try to sort the data I get a warning that 'this operation requires the merged cells to be identically sized.' I have no idea what this means. Hit CRTL + A to select all cells. Format>Cells>Aligment. Uncheck "Merge Cells" Merged cells cause no end of problems when sorting, copying, cutting and pasting. See Help "merge cells" for more on merging. Best use of merged cells is as Titles when all your data manipulations are complete. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Thu, 7 O...

How do I send email mail merge from Outlook?
Hi, I'm evaluating CRM at the moment. I'd like to send email mail merges to single or multple contacts using templates that contain html images and custom CRM fields. I'd also like the email to be linked to the contact record. Could anyone tell me how to do this from within the Outlook client please. (I don't seem to have the settings tab available within Outlook). ...

2004 / Australia / share prices from CommSec
Money 2004; Australia; "standard edition". Is it possible to download share prices in Money from CommSec? We have the CommSec account, but haven't been able to work out how to automatically update share prices in Money. -- rgds David Brownridge On Sat, 16 Oct 2004 12:56:02 +1000, "David Brownridge" <DVD@melbpc.org.au> wrote: >Money 2004; Australia; "standard edition". > >Is it possible to download share prices in Money from CommSec? We have the >CommSec account, but haven't been able to work out how to automatically >update ...

workbook fonts
Is there a piece of code someone could give me to make all my fonts in a workbook the same? this workbook has about 20 sheets and i don't want to go in and manually do font changes. any help is kindly appreciated. Select sheet1. Right-click on that sheet tab and "select all sheets" CTRL + a to select all cells. Change the font on sheet1 and will be done to all sheets. DO NOT FORGET to ungroup the sheet after you're done. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Mon, 23 Nov 2009 16:25:02 -0800, Icehearted <Icehearted@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:...

Is there a keystoke to navigate between worksheets in a workbook?
Ctrl-PageUp and Ctrl-PageDown -- HTH Bob Phillips "Mmarv" <Mmarv@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F4193031-FE15-479E-ACD7-09AD409BCEA9@microsoft.com... > ...

mail merge error
Trying to do a mail merge and the system seems to hang when she is using the wizard to look for her data (Access or Excel). She can access each file outside the mailmerge fine. uising Office Pro 2000 thanks Antz, This sounds like a question for a Word newsgroup. Did she give it plenty of time? -- Earl Kiosterud mvpearl omitthisword at verizon period net ------------------------------------------- "Antz" <Antz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:443EC1D1-B6EA-45C7-9878-ADF1BAF09AF4@microsoft.com... > Trying to do a mail merge and the system seems to...